Has anyone heard that Bell is relaxing their upgrade timing soon? My contract only expires next August, but I was recently told that some time in November,they are relaxing their policies,and I should be good to go for an upgrade.....??
    10-29-09 10:43 AM
    I was just on the phone with them seeing if I could get a early HUP for the 9700.

The guy on the phone basically told me to activate a second line, get a share plan and then pay $35 to do a number switch on devices.... I have it all written down in my office.

So I would say no, they are not relaxing on their upgrade program, but seems they are doing work arounds via retentions..... and btw this new plan they worked out for me is $9 cheaper a month, and I get the $7 insurance included, and 50 more daytime minutes. Only thing I lose is Unlimited MMS, but I cant remember the last time I sent a MMS.
    10-30-09 08:08 PM
    i havent heard anything about us relaxing the hardware upgrades, and i honestly dont think it will happen
    10-30-09 10:08 PM
    I was just on the phone with them seeing if I could get a early HUP for the 9700.

The guy on the phone basically told me to activate a second line, get a share plan and then pay $35 to do a number switch on devices.... I have it all written down in my office.

So I would say no, they are not relaxing on their upgrade program, but seems they are doing work arounds via retentions..... and btw this new plan they worked out for me is $9 cheaper a month, and I get the $7 insurance included, and 50 more daytime minutes. Only thing I lose is Unlimited MMS, but I cant remember the last time I sent a MMS.
    A "share" plan,you say. So you are going to have 2 accounts? How is that solving anything,unless,of course,you need 2 phones.....?
    10-31-09 06:28 PM
    One Sits at home dormit, with nothing but shared minutes. New 9700 gets all the goodies like the data plan and unlimited text.

Enables me to get a HUP right now, and genius part... with 2 lines.... I can get another one in 18th months when Line 1 on my 8130 is up!

You will have to do some haggling to get the price affordable on the monthly plan... got mine to around $80 a month with the $7 insurance, and right now I guess i have an older plan and im paying $85.

I was ready to switch to Rogers and the CSR convinced me to stay with this plan.
    10-31-09 06:48 PM
    One Sits at home dormit, with nothing but shared minutes. New 9700 gets all the goodies like the data plan and unlimited text.

Enables me to get a HUP right now, and genius part... with 2 lines.... I can get another one in 18th months when Line 1 on my 8130 is up!

You will have to do some haggling to get the price affordable on the monthly plan... got mine to around $80 a month with the $7 insurance, and right now I guess i have an older plan and im paying $85.

I was ready to switch to Rogers and the CSR convinced me to stay with this plan.
    that doesnt make ne sence y would u pay for 2 lines when u only need 1 line just so u can get a new phone? seems like a huge waste of money me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 07:34 PM
    It would be yet he said he's saving money ..

10-31-09 08:44 PM
    As I said, I talked to retentions, so obviously some things are pro rated in my plan.

Right now I have

uber 45 plan $45/mo
    Unlimited Data/email $30/mo
    Pro rated CiD, VM, and unlimited text $10/mo

there are a couple other things too but those are what im paying $85 a month for.

New plan worked out via retentions

Smartphone consumer share plan(200 daytime minutes bumped to 500) $54.70/mo
    Included in this is
    500mb Data (switched from unlimited because my monthly average was 91mb)
    100 minutes Canadian Long Distance
    Unlimited evening and weekends starting at 5pm
    Caller ID
    Voicemail
    Unlimited Text

Second line $17.70/mo
    Insurance $7.00/mo

Totaling $79.40

minus $2/mo for removing paper billing.....

So looks like I'm saving around $7.60+taxes a month (around $9)

now I could remove the insurance and save another $7/mo

PLEASE NOTE: THE PEARL ONLY SHARES THE MINUTES... NO DATA OR FEATURES!!!!!!!!!

Now this isnt a plan you can just call and get, as I said I spent around 45 minutes on the phone with retentions when I was discussing switching to Rogers and buying out of my contract

Other Fees I have to pay.....

It will cost me $35 to do a number switch from my 8130 to my 9700.

They are also giving my free activation on my 9700.

So Im pretty happy, I am renewing into a 3 year contract to get my 9700, but this enables me to get 3 year contract discount, and new data activation discount as well.

Either way I would have had to pay more for the phone since I have 18 months left on my Pearl. And I really didnt get sucked in for another 3 years, because of that 18 months... so by bending the rules I am enabled to get my new phone for cheaper, save money per month and only have 18 more months left on my contract.

Honeslty, I cheers Bell for enabling their CSR to wheel and deal like this to save customers.
    Last edited by Fubaz; 11-01-09 at 03:07 PM. Reason: grammar
    11-01-09 03:01 PM
    Was`talking to a friend of mine a while ago. He mentioned that he,too, has been told that Bell is going back to their policy oy allowing equipment upgrades in the final 1/3 of your contract.

I sure hope they do......I don't think I can wait until May....I'll go nuts....haha
    11-03-09 01:34 PM
    Was`talking to a friend of mine a while ago. He mentioned that he,too, has been told that Bell is going back to their policy oy allowing equipment upgrades in the final 1/3 of your contract.

I sure hope they do......I don't think I can wait until May....I'll go nuts....haha
    i dont think they will for a bit yet.
    11-03-09 08:01 PM
    i havent heard anything about us relaxing the hardware upgrades, and i honestly dont think it will happen
    y not that stupid your still spending your money with them whats the problem the storm is a peace of ****e all i want is a phone that's works come
    11-13-09 10:18 PM
    y not that stupid your still spending your money with them whats the problem the storm is a peace of ****e all i want is a phone that's works come
    In what way is that stupid? You signed a contract and got a credit towards the phone because you signed a three year contract. Why should they give you another credit if you didn't stick to your part of the deal, or at least completed your part of the deal. If the Storm is that much of a problem, buy a new phone. People really need to stop blaming the service provider for problems with the phones. Bell, Telus, Rogers, whatever, they don't make the phones, they just sell them. You seem to think that Bell gets their phones for free, which they don't. It costs them as much as it would for you if you bought it without a contract. That's why they have contracts, so that they can be assured that they have clients that will pay, so that they can afford to give clients the possibility to have a credit on their phones when they sign a contract. The company would just lose money if they let clients change phones as often as they wanted at the same price as a 3 year contract. Bell is just another business and just like any other business, it needs to make money.

You're the one that chose the Storm and you're the one that didn't do research beforehand to see if there were alot of issues regarding the device.
    11-14-09 08:52 AM
    As I said, I talked to retentions, so obviously some things are pro rated in my plan.

Right now I have

uber 45 plan $45/mo
    Unlimited Data/email $30/mo
    Pro rated CiD, VM, and unlimited text $10/mo

there are a couple other things too but those are what im paying $85 a month for.

New plan worked out via retentions

Smartphone consumer share plan(200 daytime minutes bumped to 500) $54.70/mo
    Included in this is
    500mb Data (switched from unlimited because my monthly average was 91mb)
    100 minutes Canadian Long Distance
    Unlimited evening and weekends starting at 5pm
    Caller ID
    Voicemail
    Unlimited Text

Second line $17.70/mo
    Insurance $7.00/mo

Totaling $79.40

minus $2/mo for removing paper billing.....

So looks like I'm saving around $7.60+taxes a month (around $9)

now I could remove the insurance and save another $7/mo

PLEASE NOTE: THE PEARL ONLY SHARES THE MINUTES... NO DATA OR FEATURES!!!!!!!!!

Now this isnt a plan you can just call and get, as I said I spent around 45 minutes on the phone with retentions when I was discussing switching to Rogers and buying out of my contract

Other Fees I have to pay.....

It will cost me $35 to do a number switch from my 8130 to my 9700.

They are also giving my free activation on my 9700.

So Im pretty happy, I am renewing into a 3 year contract to get my 9700, but this enables me to get 3 year contract discount, and new data activation discount as well.

Either way I would have had to pay more for the phone since I have 18 months left on my Pearl. And I really didnt get sucked in for another 3 years, because of that 18 months... so by bending the rules I am enabled to get my new phone for cheaper, save money per month and only have 18 more months left on my contract.

Honeslty, I cheers Bell for enabling their CSR to wheel and deal like this to save customers.
    Omg that a sweet deal I gona wait until they come out with a better phone then I going to try this

11-16-09 12:27 AM
    i dont think they will for a bit yet.
    ...Yes....I'm afraid you are right. I just got off the phone with Bell. When I asked the question about whether or not the upgrade policy was being relaxed....her answer was an emphatic "NO". Upon further discussion,I felt taht I was really "bothering " her,so I thanked her,and said a polite good-bye.

I'm really pissed now....I was told a couple weeks ago that in November the policies would be relaxed.....but I guess I was told an untruth.

Oh well.....guess I'll just have to wait til May for the new BB.....sigh...
    11-19-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD