I am new sprint customer with 900 everything data plan with sprint with 20% discount off plan through my work. i also get 20% discount with vzw and I am currently with vzw, my contract is up so I ordered sprint tour. so i have vzw8830 and sprint tour to play with for a month. i am in chicago area. In comparison, Network wise, VZW is better, no ifs and buts about it. I compare signal strength side by side and my vzw is constantly 5 bars and sprint usually lags behind at 3 bars where ever I drive. some places they're both 5 bars but Sprint seems to bounce alot whereas vzw does not, its solid 4 or 5 bars most times. so Network wise, VZW is superior in my area, no question.

In my house, I get full 5 bars, never dropped calls with vzw but with sprint I bounce from 1 to 2 to 3 to 0 bars. I've dropped numerous calls at my house. but its fine outside the house. longest convo i had was 6 minutes on sprint tour before dropping call. I m saving about $10-15/mo. on sprint plan vs. vzw but I paid 326 for sprint tour(getting 100 back via mail in rebate). I would have gotten my vzw tour with BB mobile and price match NE2 for $49.

Having said this, Sprint plan seems to be cheaper than vzw but VZW network is way superior than sprint. eventhough vzw has better call quality, never dropping calls, clear calls, very consistent service and calls, Im leaning toward ordering the Airave and keeping sprint just because VZW ala carte and nickels and dimes you to death and I've been with vzw for 10 years and they've done nothing but raises prices on me every 2 years when my contract is up, so Im thinking I might put up with little inconvenience of network issue and keeping the Tour. Sprint retention rep told me that I'd have to pay $99 for airave initially but they'll credit me back in 6 mos. and I will be a premier customer. But I've not made up my mind yet but like i said, im thinking of getting airave and putting up w lil network issue. I will most likely need to get 2nd airave for at my work as well. Your thoughts?

No fights guys, Im not asking who's better im asking what would you do in my situation. Thanks.
    07-16-09 08:18 PM
    The answer seems obvious....stick with Sprint.

Let the games begin!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:24 PM
    Yeh, sprint plans are cheaper than VZW.

My question is!

HOw are u able to get 20% off the Everything plan with Sprint when it's already discounted? Did u call and ask about that? Make sure...even if u don't get the 20% off, you'll still save more with SPRINT.

But Sprint wouldn't even allow me to use my school or work email with the SPRINT Everything plan, b/c they told me that this plan is already discounted.
    07-16-09 08:25 PM

My question is!

HOw are u able to get 20% off the Everything plan with Sprint when it's already discounted? Did u call and ask about that? Make sure...even if u don't get the 20% off, you'll still save more with SPRINT.

But Sprint wouldn't even allow me to use my school or work email with the SPRINT Everything plan, b/c they told me that this plan is already discounted.

I got the 900 min. everything data plan not the $99 unlimited voice plan...sorry.
    07-16-09 09:34 PM

My question is!

I'm on sprints everything plan and get a 15% discount through my work. I've had this for over a year and never been questioned or had any issues recieving my discount. I'd double check with them.
    07-17-09 02:33 PM
    I'm on sprints everything plan and get a 15% discount through my work. I've had this for over a year and never been questioned or had any issues recieving my discount. I'd double check with them.
    I did ask...they said there is no way sprint can give anybody discount on the $99 plan...$99unlimited plan is undiscountable...maybe if you work for gov or something i dont know but they wouldn't for my corporate disc...only off the 900 min plan
    07-17-09 02:48 PM
    yeah that's what i figured. well, I don't plan on becoming a cop anytime soon so I'll just have to pay extra in the mean time!
    07-17-09 03:02 PM
    Verizon has better cell svc, customer svc and phones. Pony up the extra cash. You did say you didnt want to hear who's better but it was relevant to my point. lol

Whatever you decide to do good luck as long as you're happy thats what counts.
    07-17-09 03:19 PM
    Don't put too much stock on the bars the phone is displaying. PC magazine recently stated the amount of bars shown on the phones screen is of no relevance to actual signal.

If the airave fixes your problems at home and you're happy with what you described above it seems you have your answer.
    07-17-09 03:20 PM
    3 bars is Damn good....Just because Verizon has 4/5 doesnt mean the phone is going to work any faster or calls are going to be any clearer. **** even 2 bars, and i can asure you calls will still be crystal and data will still be fast....I've made a clear call with 0 bars and talked for almost 15mins.

So dont judge by bars alone.

If you having problem in the house, get an Airave and you still wind up saving over Verizon....

As long as Sprint works where I need it too is all that matters....Largest Coverage is overated....Not everyone cares about Service in Mooseneck, NE or Can i make a call from a MeatLocker...What people do care about though is they're wallets.
    07-17-09 03:41 PM
    i was torn between sprint and verizon back a year ago ever since i chose sprint i have had nothing but good thing from them
    07-17-09 03:42 PM
    Verizon has better cell svc, customer svc and phones. Pony up the extra cash. You did say you didnt want to hear who's better but it was relevant to my point. lol

Whatever you decide to do good luck as long as you're happy thats what counts.
    Yeah, you are absolutely right and I am in full agreement with you. Verizon is better than Sprint, hands down. I have two accts. right now, one with Sprint one with Vzw. I have dealt with both csr, retention, phones, etc...vzw is better in every respect other than plan pricing. Side by side, VZW consistantly gets 4-5 bars, usually doesn't bounce much and I've never had any problems with call quality and dropping. Sprint bars seem to bounce more than Vida Guerra's a$$ and I ain't kidding. If VZW has 4 bars, sprint phone has 2 bars, sprint always seem to be couple bars behind vzw phones but when im talking on the phone, you don't really notice it. It bothers me a little but I'll see how long I can put up with it.

I've dropped few calls with Sprint already and i had to order Airave for use at home as I am dropping calls left and right and my signal goes from 0 to 1 to 2 then back to 0 at home. If you type in my address on sprint site, it says BEST coverage, what a joke!

You are right, I should probably pony up but for me at this time, I've been with VZW for 10 years and they've nickeled and dimed me to death. I have a threshold of how much monthly Im willing to pay for cell phone and I am happy with VZW but I am happier with the savings from Sprint at this point in time.

If at any point that I feel like I can't deal with dropped calls, I will promptly cancel Sprint and pay the $175-$200 ETF and will go back to vzw and not look back but for now I think Im going to stick with Sprint and leave VZW....Sad to say but I am choosing money savings over the superior call quality and network. Adios geeky guy with glasses and fugly gray jacket :-(
    07-17-09 06:07 PM
    Don't put too much stock on the bars the phone is displaying. PC magazine recently stated the amount of bars shown on the phones screen is of no relevance to actual signal.

If the airave fixes your problems at home and you're happy with what you described above it seems you have your answer.
    Yeah, I think so. Im going to give sprint a chance and if i can't stand the calls, I'll just pay the ETF and go back to vzw. $175 is worth the risk for me.
    07-17-09 06:08 PM
    3 bars is Damn good....Just because Verizon has 4/5 doesnt mean the phone is going to work any faster or calls are going to be any clearer. **** even 2 bars, and i can asure you calls will still be crystal and data will still be fast....I've made a clear call with 0 bars and talked for almost 15mins.

So dont judge by bars alone.

If you having problem in the house, get an Airave and you still wind up saving over Verizon....

As long as Sprint works where I need it too is all that matters....Largest Coverage is overated....Not everyone cares about Service in Mooseneck, NE or Can i make a call from a MeatLocker...What people do care about though is they're wallets.
    really? my calls seem to drop when i have 0 or 1 bars...and the thing is, sprint bars constantly bounce, it doesn't stay at 1 or 0 or 3 so i have no idea what da heck is going on. I'll deal with it for while and see how it goes. thanks.
    07-17-09 06:10 PM
    i was torn between sprint and verizon back a year ago ever since i chose sprint i have had nothing but good thing from them
    same boat. i hope I can say the same year from now.
    07-17-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD