I have been having issues with my BB right out of the box. Being a first time BB/Smartphone user, I wasn't aware that battery pulls weren't the norm. Out of the box, I averaged 1 to 5 pulls a day. My mom got the same bb a month after I did and has had to do no hard resets or pulls in 4 months. Between her and CB i realized I had a faulty BB.

So 2 weeks ago I emailed T-mo's customer care. 2 days later I was told to try upgrading the OS, and a new battery.

I emailed back, that I had already tried those and the issue was not resolved.
    Another 2 days later, I recieve another email telling me to wipe the device and reinstall the OS. Again, I emailed back that I had already tried that as well.

Now keep in mind that when I emailed them about correcting the issue I informaed them of what I had tried. It's like someone was just ignoring that part of it.

The last email I recieved was "short and curt" explaining that I needed to do a battery pull and instructed me in how to do that! WTH?!? Really?

After no resolution and CS acting like they were being put out, I shot off an email to Jay Vandelay (their customer relations go to guy) this afternoon. 20 minutes later I recieve a phone call (not an email) from Jay himself.

With his assistance the matter was resolved within 15 minutes. He expedited shipping on a new curve free of charge and apologized about the fact that I had been dealing with this for so long.

He came across as a super nice guy who wanted to keep a customer happy with their service. He even contacted me later and left a voicemail with some more information and another apology with an invitation to call him directly again if I had any more issues with this case.

I am impressed and continue to be surprised at T-mobile's CS... even if it had to come from above this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:53 PM
    nice! im glad your device finally works properly. i hope i never have to go through that.
    03-31-09 11:26 PM
    theres a lesson to be learned here, and I'm sorry if this comes across condesending, thats not my intentions at all.

I've been with t-mo for over 8 years now, and anytime I ever had a problem with any phone (and I've had a few on a familytime plan with 5 lines). I always CALLED t-mo customer care and my problem was always resolved quickly, never waiting for a reply for an answer. I've never waited more than 20-30 minutes at the longest.
    Just a recommendation from my experiences (and I cant wait 2 days for an answer). ALWAYS call t-mo cc when you are having a phone problem. The majority of their reps are awesome and always resolve things quickly.
    04-01-09 01:30 PM
    Glad to hear you'll be getting that issue resolved, I know you'd been having problems. Good for you!

04-01-09 01:57 PM
    Thank you dragonsamus! It is irritating.

Slick, I did contact CS about a month and a half after I got the phone. I was told there was nothing wrong with the device. I do love their CS still yet. Most on here will tell you that I have always commented on their service. One issue that had to go further does not make for horrid CS skills. It was resolved quickly once I took another avenue. I was happy for that.

Bergerking, Thanks to you as well. I know there are a few people here who knew I was having issues for a while. It is always nice to be able to report prompt and courteous service. There is a lot of negative out there.

All4 well that ends well!

04-01-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD