Thinking about renewing my contract with Telus and picking up the new Torch. (upgrading from my trusty curve 8330) but notice on the website it makes no reference to the phone having GPS. I know it is a GPS capable phone but RIM states that some carriers have disabled it. It states the iPhone4 as having GPS but no mention on the Torch.

Can anyone with this phone on Telus confirm if the GPS works? I called Telus and got 2 answers, 1 tech person said yes it has satelite GPS, and the other said no, that it has Blackberry maps only and triangulates position based on cell towers.

Anyone???
    10-05-10 05:34 PM
    My Torch gps works great, but for some reason (ie, when I am indoors) it seems that tower triangulation is not working in Google Maps. Something I need to look into...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 05:27 AM
    So you have actual REAL GPS based of satelite accurate to exact position? I have a few aps I want to run that require real GPS so if it doesn't work I wont be getting the torch or changing carriers.
    10-06-10 08:19 AM
    Yeah, I have the actual GPS working. But not working indoors of course. Outside, it finds my position very quickly.

Anyways, maybe the store has a demo unit you can test?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD