Hey guys, I just found out that I'm eligible for an upgrade a couple of days ago and I'm thinking of getting the Blackberry Storm, but I'm not exactly sure on a couple things:

I currently have an EnV2 and I was wondering if I can use the Blackberry on the same plan as I have right now, or if I have to switch to a special Blackberry plan. If so, how much does it cost?

If I am able to keep the plan I'm using right now, am I required to buy the Data Plan for the Blackberry, or can I just use what I have right now and upgrade to the Data Plan later? Again, if I do have to get the Data Plan now, what's the exact price of it?

And lastly, I'm not quite sure, but I think I remember having to pay the bill first before I could get the upgrade because it was overdue last time I did this, and I'm sort of in the same situation right now. Are my memories correct, or can I just get the phone without having to pay the bill first?

Thanks in advance.
    09-25-09 11:51 AM
    Hey guys, I just found out that I'm eligible for an upgrade a couple of days ago and I'm thinking of getting the Blackberry Storm, but I'm not exactly sure on a couple things:

I currently have an EnV2 and I was wondering if I can use the Blackberry on the same plan as I have right now, or if I have to switch to a special Blackberry plan. If so, how much does it cost?

If I am able to keep the plan I'm using right now, am I required to buy the Data Plan for the Blackberry, or can I just use what I have right now and upgrade to the Data Plan later? Again, if I do have to get the Data Plan now, what's the exact price of it?

And lastly, I'm not quite sure, but I think I remember having to pay the bill first before I could get the upgrade because it was overdue last time I did this, and I'm sort of in the same situation right now. Are my memories correct, or can I just get the phone without having to pay the bill first?

Thanks in advance.
    You keep your same voice plan any features you have. The only difference you will add 29.99 (BIS) for the data plan which you have to have from the beginning.
    As for your billing issue, contact the carrier and find out from the horses mouth.
    09-25-09 12:03 PM
    You do have to pay the bill first. I just went through that too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 12:06 PM
    Just to clarify what has already been posted:
    You pay the $29.99 for the data plan which is a completely different plan from the one you have for your Env and replaces that plan.
    09-25-09 02:12 PM
    Just to clarify what has already been posted:
    You pay the $29.99 for the data plan which is a completely different plan from the one you have for your Env and replaces that plan.
    Just to clarify the incorrect post above, You keep your EnV plan in terms of minutes. You will however be required to pay 29.99 for the mandatory BB data plan.
    09-25-09 03:15 PM
    That post isn't incorrect. You pay 2999 for the BIS plan, which replaces whatever data plan he has on the env

09-25-09 03:47 PM
    That post isn't incorrect. You pay 2999 for the BIS plan, which replaces whatever data plan he has on the env
    That's right. You can keep the plan you have now if it is a basic or select plan and add the$30 to it. If you have connect or premium then you need to switch to basic or select, then add the data plan. You cannot activate a smartphone on Verizon without a smartphone data plan.
    09-25-09 04:34 PM
    As you can see, you need to call VZW and get it from them because apparently everyone THINKS they know.
    That would clear up all confusion.
    And for the love, pay your bill.

09-25-09 05:25 PM
    As you can see, you need to call VZW and get it from them because apparently everyone THINKS they know.
    That would clear up all confusion.
    And for the love, pay your bill.
    Only because the op failed to tell us what plan he currently has. Verizon plans are very simple.

09-25-09 05:47 PM
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I went to my Verizon store and asked them about the plan and the first reply was right: it just adds $29.99 to my original plan. Thanks to whoever stated that.

And to whoever answered my question about having to pay the bill first thanks for the help with clearing my memory up.

I hope to be going on these forums a lot more in the next few weeks on my new Blackberry Storm if things work out for me money-wise.
    09-25-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD