I've been searching through old threads but am still confused with all the inbound/outbound forwarding and possible 20 cent/min charges. I have a google voice number and want to use google voice for all my sprint voicemails. if i were to set it up this way, would i get charged an additional fee? on the google website it says sprint was supposed to change some fee policy in november, but i don't know if that translates into completely free google voicemails. some threads talk about still being charges 20 cents/min. any help is appreciated!
    12-05-09 03:44 AM
    Yep...you're good to go. They changed it mid-November. No charges for Google Voice.

You can even verify by logging into your Sprint account online, open a chat seesion and ask. If there's any issue you have an emailed transcript of the chat.

No worries, I've been on it since and no charges.

Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 04:46 AM
    Great - thanks for the response!

12-05-09 01:21 PM
    follow up question - if google voicemail is enabled on my sprint phone, does call waiting still work? or is being on the phone one of the "conditions" that will cause a call to be forwarded to voicemail?
    12-05-09 06:41 PM
    It works for me, though I don't recall how long before it bounces over to Google Voice. Works the same as always. In fact, I was just on a call when someone broke through on call waiting.

12-06-09 04:48 PM
    Does this include all voicemail fowarding? Does this mean youmail is free now?
    12-08-09 02:03 AM
    Yes, Youmail is free as well.

12-08-09 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD