Hey all, I just got a blackberry 8310 from a friend who just left there contract with att. Now I have tmobile, whats the best way to get this unlocked? they tried to unlock via att before they quit there contract and they wouldnt give them a code, whats the best way to unlock this?
    07-12-08 06:12 PM
    07-12-08 08:54 PM
    all you ever have to do is call tmobile and they will get it from blackberry or you can call att and tell them you are going out of country most of the time they are reasonable. just had a similar problem and called tmobile and 1 day later they emailed me code and instructions.
    07-12-08 11:35 PM
    Hey all, I just got a blackberry 8310 from a friend who just left there contract with att. Now I have tmobile, whats the best way to get this unlocked? they tried to unlock via att before they quit there contract and they wouldnt give them a code, whats the best way to unlock this?

What was the reason they couldn't do it? Shouldn't be the case... more to the story?

T-mobile will not unlock the 8310 for you. You can call RIM and let them know. At this point, they usually give your a Release Of Authorization (I think that's what it is called) which allows you to call at&t and get the code without being on the at&t.
    07-13-08 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD