@f0xG3

You had your sim converted to MICRO? I was planning to convert mine for Z10 but thought better to wait for the 19th. I called Globe and they told me LTE for Microsim is not yet available. How is your network? Is it already 4G or still 3G?

You might want to reconvert your sim when globe releases Z10 as they may offer microsim LTE ready.
    03-11-13 10:02 PM
    I'm currently accessing Globe PH on HSPA+. I'm actually thinking if I could just get an LTE-Enabled nano-sim and use a Nano-Micro SIM adapter. Either way, I pretty much can't use my old SIM on the phone as it is big.

For postpaid though, switching to a different SIM is free. So I'm pretty sure switching again to another LTE-Enabled sim isn't hard. I also plan to give up my BB Unlisurf Plan for a Regular one anyway (goodbye consumable P400 ).
    03-11-13 10:56 PM
    I'm currently accessing Globe PH on HSPA+. I'm actually thinking if I could just get an LTE-Enabled nano-sim and use a Nano-Micro SIM adapter. Either way, I pretty much can't use my old SIM on the phone as it is big.

For postpaid though, switching to a different SIM is free. So I'm pretty sure switching again to another LTE-Enabled sim isn't hard. I also plan to give up my BB Unlisurf Plan for a Regular one anyway (goodbye consumable P400 ).
    I also had the nano sim > micro jacket but the risks are high and when I asked Globe reps they told me that it is not a guarantee that because you have nano enabled LTE sim card it will offer that for Z10. Better to have your sim converted instead.

Yeah, same with me, good bye BBMAX, hello unlisurf 999. I'm thinking of using one phone nalang din when I get z10, i hear it's all you need.

50php SIM card convert in any GLOBE outlet.
    03-11-13 11:04 PM
    I think SMART's BBZ10 is a non-LTE as GLOBE says that LTE version is exclusive to them.
    Wow, what a rip. Aren't they supposed to be promoting their LTE network?
    03-11-13 11:11 PM
    BTW,

Are ALL BB Services good to go on the Z10?

BBM working? w/ wifi only? or network included?

Emails fast or not?

How is the hub? How are gestures and overall feel?

Thanks!
    03-11-13 11:20 PM
    For everyone that wants a review for z10 on globe pH here's my two cents.

I got the Stl-100-1 version since I don't intend to use lte anyways. This is the version that smart will probably be releasing.

So far the net speed is vastly superior compared to my BlackBerry 9900. I'm running hspa+ at around 4-5 mbps even in the provinces (I work from batangas)

Surprisingly bbmax599 allowed me use of the hspa+ seamlessly. Apparently unlidata on the bbmax599 is equal to unlisurf 999.

However i did make the switch to the 999 as it gave me a bigger data cap to work with. (more hd streaming). Do not be worried about hitting the data cap with your bbmax599 though as the only time I surpassed the data cap was when I mistakenly left my podcast app running overnight. Even if u stream a lot of hd YouTube videos daily I've never gotten to the data cap.

Bbm works flawlessly and so does push email. At least for Gmail it is push. For yahoo they changed their settings for Imap so you are stuck with a 15 minute polling period. In my usage however I never noticed a delay in my emails as the 15 minutes is for the full sync.

battery is very long and the only thing that will really zap the battery is gaming.

The overall feel is great and I am not missing my bb9900 at all. (still using it as my sun cellphone though)

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:39 AM
    For everyone that wants a review for z10 on globe pH here's my two cents.

I got the Stl-100-1 version since I don't intend to use lte anyways. This is the version that smart will probably be releasing.

So far the net speed is vastly superior compared to my BlackBerry 9900. I'm running hspa+ at around 4-5 mbps even in the provinces (I work from batangas)

Surprisingly bbmax599 allowed me use of the hspa+ seamlessly. Apparently unlidata on the bbmax599 is equal to unlisurf 999.

However i did make the switch to the 999 as it gave me a bigger data cap to work with. (more hd streaming). Do not be worried about hitting the data cap with your bbmax599 though as the only time I surpassed the data cap was when I mistakenly left my podcast app running overnight. Even if u stream a lot of hd YouTube videos daily I've never gotten to the data cap.

Bbm works flawlessly and so does push email. At least for Gmail it is push. For yahoo they changed their settings for Imap so you are stuck with a 15 minute polling period. In my usage however I never noticed a delay in my emails as the 15 minutes is for the full sync.

battery is very long and the only thing that will really zap the battery is gaming.

The overall feel is great and I am not missing my bb9900 at all. (still using it as my sun cellphone though)

Posted via CB10
    I was under the impression once you got Z10 you won't need any other phone. Anyway...

I talked to GLOBE, BBMAX is no longer supported for BB10, if you use it, it will charge on top of the subscription everytime you use internet via the APN.

YOu mentioned BBM working flawlessly, does that mean it works BBM Z10 to Legacy devices (9900).

I am currently on a 9900 also and am thinking of getting the Z10 this month, that's why i am checking with Pinoy users to get their feedback.

Any negatives at all? Hub? Bugs?
    03-12-13 12:46 AM
    I think I can provide an alternate perspective to @serahjessa's review since I'm using the STL100-2 :

Like she said, the phone is surprisingly fast, and can do push mail too (via Exchange Activesync). BBM works fine... in fact unlike BBM 7 which only allows VoIP over Wifi, you can literally VoIP over Cellular and do Video Chat as well (even to Playbooks, though you need THEM to initiate the call). You can still talk to your older BBM siblings

I'm currently using BB Unlisurf 999 so BBMAX isn't an issue for me as I don't need to subscribe there though I might need to revert back to Regular Unlisurf 999 as there might be some potential problems late on.

I'm on HSPA+ though my phone is capable of going LTE, it's just Globe haven't released LTE-enabled microSIM's (hopefully at launch, they do enable it).

Battery is fair; it lasts 5 hours under medium - heavy usage and max screen brightness. I'm hoping to get the .85 update so that I'll know how much it improves the phone.

PS : if you want Push email for accounts that don't support it, create an Outlook.com email address from MS and register that email address to your Z10. Enroll those email accounts to Outlook.com (and set those said accounts to forward the messages to the Outlook.com email address). You can send as one of the email accounts and Outlook.com email acts as the pusher (since it's MS tech, it uses Exchange ActiveSync)
    03-12-13 01:15 AM
    I think I can provide an alternate perspective to @serahjessa's review since I'm using the STL100-2 :

Like she said, the phone is surprisingly fast, and can do push mail too (via Exchange Activesync). BBM works fine... in fact unlike BBM 7 which only allows VoIP over Wifi, you can literally VoIP over Cellular and do Video Chat as well (even to Playbooks, though you need THEM to initiate the call). You can still talk to your older BBM siblings

I'm currently using BB Unlisurf 999 so BBMAX isn't an issue for me as I don't need to subscribe there though I might need to revert back to Regular Unlisurf 999 as there might be some potential problems late on.

I'm on HSPA+ though my phone is capable of going LTE, it's just Globe haven't released LTE-enabled microSIM's (hopefully at launch, they do enable it).

Battery is fair; it lasts 5 hours under medium - heavy usage and max screen brightness. I'm hoping to get the .85 update so that I'll know how much it improves the phone.

PS : if you want Push email for accounts that don't support it, create an Outlook.com email address from MS and register that email address to your Z10. Enroll those email accounts to Outlook.com (and set those said accounts to forward the messages to the Outlook.com email address). You can send as one of the email accounts and Outlook.com email acts as the pusher (since it's MS tech, it uses Exchange ActiveSync)
    @f0xG3,

BBM on cellular for videochat and the like would likely be charged to your bill. Or are you using prepaid?

Also my question was does BBM work on WIFI only (No sim), as it is a test if BB services are based on regular data plan then arguably the services would work even w/o network as long as there is data.
    03-12-13 01:43 AM
    I'm on unlimited data so data costs isn't an issue for me.

BBM will not work if you don't have a SIM regardless with wifi or not. It however works on wifi (sans BIS) if you have a SIM on

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 01:48 AM

BBM will not work if you don't have a SIM regardless with wifi or not. It however works on wifi (sans BIS) if you have a SIM on

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info.

Looks to me that thread posts working on wifi only w/o simcard is country dependent, and unfortunately Philippines doesn't support it.
    03-12-13 01:56 AM
    I kept the 9900 because I hated my sun cell phone. ( was an old Samsung) also the unit is still in perfect working condition so why dispose of it? I need the additional phone because I have a lot of people I need to talk to using sun cells unlimited call text promos that are dirt cheap.

You can in fact use bbm over wifi without a sim card. I tried updating my phone over wifi without a sim card and my bbm went through.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:17 AM
    I kept the 9900 because I hated my sun cell phone. ( was an old Samsung) also the unit is still in perfect working condition so why dispose of it? I need the additional phone because I have a lot of people I need to talk to using sun cells unlimited call text promos that are dirt cheap.

You can in fact use bbm over wifi without a sim card. I tried updating my phone over wifi without a sim card and my bbm went through.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I'm talking about. Glad to know that works.

That cements the fact that BB10 doesn't really need BIS anymore, any data plan will work.
    03-12-13 02:19 AM
    However your mileage may vary. I once encountered an issue wherein I was using wifi abroad but did not have bbmax599 registered so I couldn't use bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:01 AM
    That was on my old 9900. So I think you have to be registered with globe and the phone blackberry knows somehow that you are eligible over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 05:02 AM
    I was referring to blackberry10 not bb legacy devices
    03-12-13 05:04 AM
    I see. You should try it without being registered to the service. See for yourself if it works. My theory is that registering for the service globe leaves "Something" on the phone that makes you eligible for wifi usage.

Posted via CB10
    PH_BB likes this.
    03-12-13 05:05 AM
    I see. You should try it without being registered to the service. See for yourself if it works. My theory is that registering for the service globe leaves "Something" on the phone that makes you eligible for wifi usage.

Posted via CB10
    I thought you tried bbm on wifi only? Or was that with unli service from globe? I believe imessage works on wifi even w/o data plan so bbm should follow same logic unless it still needs BIS (wch it doesn't)
    03-12-13 05:59 AM
    In my experience on a legacy device it seems that the unit knows if you've registered for a bbm plan.

However I have been able to receive bbm without a sim in the phone and only over wifi. I've looked in the other threads and it seems that bbm does in fact mo longer require bis. Only a data connection from any source.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:20 AM
    Hi,
    I am planning to get the Z10 with Smart on a new plan, since it is not officially launched yet. Will I be able to get it with the old BB-UnliSurf PlanP600 or just on a regular UnliSurf Plan999. What is the difference by the way?
    03-12-13 06:22 AM
    Hi allies you would need the regular unlisurf plan as the z10 no longer use the old bis network.

As for lte support I've read somewhere that globe will be offering their lte for the same price as their 999 unlisurf plans whilst smart has yet to announce any pricing.

At the same token, globe will release the z10 on contract for 1799 whilst smart will release it for 2000 so there is a cheaper option.

Globe already is taking pre-orders while smarts website has yet to be updated.

Finally you can head on over to www.buybb10.com to pre order a z10 unit for 29,900 at any mobicel or iridium retailer in the country. You will notice a nifty province sector and mall selector on the pre order page which should make things convenient for you.

Typed this all out in less than 2 minutes on my lightning fast z10 unit.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:22 AM
    Ur on z10 now? Ive read that BIS wont work with os10. How true is it?
    bis works on os10, but you don't need bis if ever. you only need data.
    noelito4three likes this.
    03-12-13 07:29 AM
    @f0xG3

You had your sim converted to MICRO? I was planning to convert mine for Z10 but thought better to wait for the 19th. I called Globe and they told me LTE for Microsim is not yet available. How is your network? Is it already 4G or still 3G?

You might want to reconvert your sim when globe releases Z10 as they may offer microsim LTE ready.
    get a nano sim and buy a converter to microsim, i did that.
    03-12-13 07:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    z10 works on wifi even without a sim.
    03-12-13 07:31 AM
    BTW,

Are ALL BB Services good to go on the Z10?

BBM working? w/ wifi only? or network included?

Emails fast or not?

How is the hub? How are gestures and overall feel?

Thanks!
    pure bb chat or limited bis service doesn't work. you need unlibbm (globe) or equivalent to work.
    03-12-13 07:32 AM
9,279 ... 8687888990 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD