My Zed 10 bowed out. I bought an S6 edge for the meantime and installed the PRIV launcher by cobalt. I still miss the features of BlackBerry 10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How's the S6 working for you? Ive been thinking about getting one.

Any comparison between the S6 and the Priv? What would be the advantages of the Priv over the S6?

Posted via CB w/ my Zed30
    02-29-16 02:50 AM
    How's the S6 working for you? Ive been thinking about getting one.

Any comparison between the S6 and the Priv? What would be the advantages of the Priv over the S6?

Wait a bit for S7. Water-resistant and has microSD slot.

*A3-A20
    02-29-16 06:07 AM
    Saw the Priv, still 39,990 from Mxpress.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    02-29-16 10:16 PM

with that price tag at android lang din mag z5 premium na lang ako.. wont spend on BlackBerry secured android device..

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 11:28 PM
    Wait a bit for S7. Water-resistant and has microSD slot.

*A3-A20
    I don't want to spend so much for a stop gap phone until BlackBerry releases new ones.

I was thinking, with the release of the s7, price of the S6 will surely go down.

03-01-16 06:10 PM

grey market has it tagged between 32-33k, brand new.
    03-02-16 03:13 AM
    Hello! I'm just trying to get some feedback on the Priv. I, too, checked out the Priv at MemoXpress, tapos doon sa special price na 39+k, pwede yung 0% interest na 3 months to pay, and pwede rin daw 24 months to pay, pero with the SRP of 45k.
    I'm not really a guy who upgrades phones frequently. In fact, I still use a 9900 Bold nyahaha! Unfortunately, I can't update a lot of apps anymore with the OS7 and yung battery ko is just terrible, so it looks like it's time.
    I do try to research, though, and I know na the new Galaxy is coming out with pretty much the same price, if I'm not mistaken, but I really need the physical keyboard. Aaaanyway, ibabagsak ko na sana yung questions ko dito... sensha ang dami...

What are the disadvantages of getting a Priv sa stores outside the exclusive distributor na MemoXpress, besides access to the official BB service center?

I read that merong 2 versions of the Priv, SVT 100-3 (ones sold in MemoXpress, right?) and SVT 100-1 with the wireless charging. How do you know which version is which? Can you check it in the "About" area or something? Would both versions work here in the Philippines?

Are there grey market stores that sell the 100-1 version? Wireless charging is not really a big deal for me, pero for an expensive phone, sayang din yung extra feature hehe.
    If you were to buy this phone sa grey market, can you suggest a reliable and "trustworthy" store, please?

Are there Priv owners already in here? Preferably yung Globe din ang network? If yes, can I please ask for your initial feedback and observations?

Pasensya ulit, ang daming tanong. I'm just a curious old school phoner. >_<
    Thank you!
    Last edited by japsuki; 03-08-16 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typos
    03-08-16 08:43 PM
    Hello! I'm just trying to get some feedback on the Priv. I, too, checked out the Priv at MemoXpress, tapos doon sa special price na 39+k, pwede yung 0% interest na 3 months to pay, and pwede rin daw 24 months to pay, pero with the SRP of 45k.
    I'm not really a guy who upgrades phones frequently. In fact, I still use a 9900 Bold nyahaha! Unfortunately, I can't update a lot of apps anymore with the OS7 and yung battery ko is just terrible, so it looks like it's time.
    I do try to research, though, and I know na the new Galaxy is coming out with pretty much the same price, if I'm not mistaken, but I really need the physical keyboard. Aaaanyway, ibabagsak ko na sana yung questions ko dito... sensha ang dami...

1) What are the disadvantages of getting a Priv sa stores outside the exclusive distributor na MemoXpress, besides access to the official BB service center?

2) I read that merong 2 versions of the Priv, SVT 100-3 (ones sold in MemoXpress, right?) and SVT 100-1 with the wireless charging. How do you know which version is which? Can you check it in the "About" area or something? Would both versions work here in the Philippines?

3) Are there grey market stores that sell the 100-1 version? Wireless charging is not really a big deal for me, pero for an expensive phone, sayang din yung extra feature hehe.

4) If you were to buy this phone sa grey market, can you suggest a reliable and "trustworthy" store, please?

5) Are there Priv owners already in here? Preferably yung Globe din ang network? If yes, can I please ask for your initial feedback and observations?

Pasensya ulit, ang daming tanong. I'm just a curious old school phoner. >_<
    Thank you!
    I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my know how. I numbered your questions so it's easier for me to reply to:

1) well **supposedly** if you got your unit from MemoXpress you can have you unit serviced for free provided it falls within warranty. if it's from the Grey market you have to pay, or make your case to the service center to fix it and then pay. there are some feedback on this thread that the BlackBerry service center doesn't even ask anymore, they just fix it and magkatalo nalang kayo sa bayad 😁

2) the model number is written plainly on the side of the box (small print) so that's how you can tell easily. theres a slight possible drawback to the STV100-1 (the one with wireless charging) in that it's LTE frequencies are not as "wide scoped" as the STV100-3. theres a thread in the Priv forums that shows that info. I'm not sure what LTE frequencies we have here in the Philippines where that may be / won't be an issue, but if you will travel with the Priv with some regularity (or longevity, since you said you don't change phones often), then having a unit with as much available radio frequencies is better than the one with limits. to me anyway. again this depends entirely on your usage.

edit: I found the thread that has those frequencies in case you wanna read up http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1043968

3) Ive spotted some grey market vendors yeah, I don't remember what they're called though but I did see them on OLX. you may need to ask / verify because they don't always disclose or are knowledgeable about this detail.

4) I bought mine from Hotgadgets, they have an actual store at the ETON Cyberpod (that building right across from Robinsons Galleria) and another shop in Makati (idk where), just check their address on fb / OLX / Google search. I bought my Q10 from them and my Priv now, so far both units are in excellent condition (although that may be attributed largely to BlackBerry &#128521 but yes I do trust them.

5) yes I'm on the Globe network, and so far this phone performs as best as the (****ty) network would allow. on WiFi this performs excellently though. sure it's not BB10, and yes it does have some of the quirks of Android, but as a hybrid this phone is the best a PKB obsessed Blackberrian can hope for. no regrets for me going with the Priv.

PS: if you are getting the Priv, I would strongly recommend getting the flip case as well. I found the super slim Priv to be **too** slim, as I like my phones with some grip (this isn't some toy or a makeup compact after all). this will also address those creaking things you may have read around in the forums. BlackBerry is trying to attract as much customers as the can hence the slimness even for a slider phone, which I think is ridiculous, but now it's kinda creaky. the cover will make up for the extra support the phone needs, also will activate extra features, like allowing you to peek at your messages / tell the time without opening your phone.

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    Last edited by Steelsheen; 03-10-16 at 02:02 AM.
    japsuki likes this.
    03-10-16 01:46 AM
    Thank you for your answers, Steelsheen! I truly appreciate it! Aaah! I see. Yes, nakita ko nga sa OLX yung Hot Gadgets. Did you get your flip case from there too? If not, where did you buy yours? 'Cos yeah, nahawakan ko nga yung Priv and it was surprisingly really thin for a phone with a slide out keypad. hehe
    03-10-16 06:10 AM
    Priv is still so expensive .
    03-10-16 05:50 PM
    Thank you for your answers, Steelsheen! I truly appreciate it! Aaah! I see. Yes, nakita ko nga sa OLX yung Hot Gadgets. Did you get your flip case from there too? If not, where did you buy yours? 'Cos yeah, nahawakan ko nga yung Priv and it was surprisingly really thin for a phone with a slide out keypad. hehe
    unfortunately I haven't seen the Priv flip case or even a knock off being sold locally. I went to buy it at Amazon instead, and had it couriered here via Johnny Air (look them up on FB, they make Amazon transactions and delivery very easy).

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    03-11-16 12:09 AM
    2C1F2F8E add me guys for BBM buds pilipinas

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 04:35 PM
    Priv is still so expensive .
    So is the Passport. But I choose the lesser evil...PP Super Erotic.

 📱
    ronfc likes this.
    03-13-16 01:49 AM
    I have blackberry z3 with box if u want buy my unit
    03-16-16 11:45 AM
    24F337CA ADD me

Z10 STL100-1 10.3.2.2813
    03-31-16 12:54 AM
    Pilipinas )

Z10 STL100-1 10.3.2.2813
    03-31-16 12:55 AM
    Yikes!

BlackBerry’s Android-powered Priv fails to boost smartphone sales:
    BlackBerry?s Android-powered Priv fails to boost smartphone sales | Toronto Star

"He said cost-cutting has put the device business close to break even, adding that BlackBerry may announce a mid-priced version of the Priv before September."

I guess patience is a virtue. This is the only smartphone that I like that has what I need -- a keyboard... and it looks like the end is near. :s I can't believe I'm starting to consider an iPhone, 'cos they released a new version of what I've also been looking for in a phone -- a smaller size!!
    04-01-16 10:15 PM
    I'm afraid to finally admit that the future looks bleak for BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639 on Globe Postpaid
    04-05-16 01:15 AM
    Guys, just got a bb classic white. So happy to be back to bb, nabenta ko kasi dati bb q10 ko. Baka meron kayong alam na nagbebenta ng otterbox defender or any similar protection. Second hand or brand new. Nabili ko lang kasi ay Nillkin frosted case. Medyo nakakatakot kasi mabagsak. Need full body shock protection. Tried triangle by bb sa robinsons galleria and sm megamall and sm annex wala. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 06:03 AM
    For people like me who are, or were, thinking of buying the Priv, you should read this article first: BlackBerry to launch two Android phones, admits Priv was too expensive

"BlackBerry is planning to launch two mid-range Android devices this year in what analysts are calling the "last opportunity" for the firm to get it right in handsets.

This comes after the company admitted that the Priv, its first phone running Google's mobile operating system, was too expensive. In an interview with Abu Dhabi-based publication The National, BlackBerry chief executive John Chen said there would be one Android handset this year with a keyboard and one full touchscreen, but gave no timing on when they would be released.

Last year, BlackBerry launched its first device running Android called the Priv. It was aimed at the high-end market where the likes of Apple and Samsung play. But Chen said that it was too expensive.

"The fact that we came out with a high-end phone (as our first Android device) was probably not as wise as it should have been," Chen said."
    04-12-16 06:54 AM
    There's always a saying that business decision should be quick and accurate. Chen admission for me was late. Launching of priv, a high end smartphone product should have a basis of comparison to the mobile industry where turnaround was fast and inconsiderate to the market trend. It took for them a while before they raise the white flag for priv and revised the pricing scheme if ever there was a plan.

BlackBerry Q10
    04-14-16 07:23 AM
    Finally made the jump to the droidberry priv. I feel like I lived under a rock.
    04-18-16 09:01 AM
    Finally made the jump to the droidberry priv. I feel like I lived under a rock.
    Definitely a different world. Miss anything on #BlackBerry10? I still miss the flow and gestures and proper Hub
    ronfc likes this.
    04-18-16 01:13 PM
    Definitely a different world. Miss anything on #BlackBerry10? I still miss the flow and gestures and proper Hub
    Yes, me too. I miss how you can minimize an app by just flicking it up from the bottom. I love the keyboard!
    04-19-16 09:23 AM
    Bbm pin: 5ef6cded
    04-24-16 07:25 AM
9,279 ... 361362363364365 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD