At the end of the day, BlackBerry is a corporate device. Androids and iPhones have too much eye candy and way too 'girly'.

It's great that RIM is trying to merge the corporate + personal consumer, but again, at the heart lies it's powerful enterprise following.
    11-05-10 02:54 PM
    @mmmontanez. Hey man. I miss bohol. My wife is from Tagbilaran and I use to hang out at panglao.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-06-10 05:00 AM
    Hi i'm a newbie here, btw im using sun cellular... i'm just wondering if i need to have a data plan to upgrade to OS6. Thanks.
    11-08-10 02:58 AM
    Hi i'm a newbie here, btw im using sun cellular... i'm just wondering if i need to have a data plan to upgrade to OS6. Thanks.
    No, you don't need a data plan to upgrade to OS6 because there is no official OS6 release for 9700. But you need a data plan to be able to maximize your BB experience.
    11-08-10 07:05 AM
    No, you don't need a data plan to upgrade to OS6 because there is no official OS6 release for 9700. But you need a data plan to be able to maximize your BB experience.
    Thanks. How will I know if I already have a data plan active?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 05:38 AM
    At the end of the day, BlackBerry is a corporate device. Androids and iPhones have too much eye candy and way too 'girly'.

It's great that RIM is trying to merge the corporate + personal consumer, but again, at the heart lies it's powerful enterprise following.
    ive gone through 2 BBs i guess i got bored with it
    11-09-10 11:08 AM

Is this a trick question?

Anyway, if not. Best call your provider and ask them.

11-09-10 07:58 PM
    nope, you don't need to
    11-11-10 01:21 AM
    Is this the .344 leak? How is it? I'm planning on upgrading too but I think I'll wait another week. Lol. Any bugs you've noticed so far?

yup here's the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-545423/

For bugs, that will really arise coz its just a leaked version.. not yet official. and i've notice some annoying issue like sms pointer disappearance and copy-paste issue. but that's all and it's very nice OS so far!
    11-11-10 01:29 AM

did you get/apply for a plan from your provider?
    11-11-10 01:30 AM
    did you get/apply for a plan from your provider?
    Yes I did but unfortunetly I'm still waiting for it. The last time I tried downloading os6 it shows an error msg saying abt balckberry service.

11-11-10 05:40 AM
    Yes I did but unfortunetly I'm still waiting for it. The last time I tried downloading os6 it shows an error msg saying abt balckberry service.

IF you applied for it, it'll just take maximum of 24hours to be updated. You try reboot and remove battery and put it back again, coz sometimes that's the trick.

Anyway, on DLding OS6 you must use your PC to DL the OS6 application then first, you must backup whhat important files you have (sms,contact, etc.) before you wipe your BB. then after you wipe your BB. go to drive C>Program Files>Common Files>RIM> and delete vendor file and click apploader. anyway there's a thread for installing steps.
    11-12-10 01:26 AM
    thanks, i think i'm waiting for the approval (sun, bis)... re the os6 i'll wait for the official to avoid unnecessary phone errors..
    11-12-10 09:46 AM
    I still can't download os6, here is the error msg:
    There was an error updating your software
    This blackberry Device software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the Blackberry solution and, such is only available to users
    with an active Blackberry Subscription. to learn more about Blackberry service,
    please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.

Please tell me what I really need to do.

Thank you very much.
    11-13-10 11:17 PM
    Public service announcement: Owners of 9700 should stay off of OS6 unless they have a good set of balls, at least for now.

OS6 is in its infancy for devices like the 9700, beta or official don't matter. People say official is the best as if it's the most stable. I've had stables OSes crash on me more than betas. So, really, in this day and age, beta or official really don't matter. If it scares so you much about going beta on OS6, accept that fear.. buy a lollipop and wait for your desktop manager to start blinking for you to update the OS to a version 6.
    11-14-10 02:33 AM
    Public service announcement: Owners of 9700 should stay off of OS6 unless they have a good set of balls, at least for now.

OS6 is in its infancy for devices like the 9700, beta or official don't matter. People say official is the best as if it's the most stable. I've had stables OSes crash on me more than betas. So, really, in this day and age, beta or official really don't matter. If it scares so you much about going beta on OS6, accept that fear.. buy a lollipop and wait for your desktop manager to start blinking for you to update the OS to a version 6.
    i guess i have a good set since i have OS6 on my 9700 and its working perfectly, its like a totally new phone cant wait to use it on the PI network next month! hehehe

just try to follow/read the instructions carefully prior to upgrading/changing to any OS
    11-17-10 05:54 AM
    where can we buy BB curve 9300?
    11-18-10 06:01 AM
    i guess i have a good set since i have OS6 on my 9700 and its working perfectly, its like a totally new phone cant wait to use it on the PI network next month! hehehe

just try to follow/read the instructions carefully prior to upgrading/changing to any OS
    Good job.. now let's see the others do it
    11-18-10 07:23 AM
    @mmmontanez. Hey man. I miss bohol. My wife is from Tagbilaran and I use to hang out at panglao.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Wow thats great to hear. Im actually here attending school for nursing. Where u at now?

11-18-10 08:17 AM
    I finally got a curve 9300.. From greenhills..lol.. Does anybody know how to install os6? Is it even available already?thanks!

11-22-10 07:43 AM
    I upgraded my Bold 9700 to OS 6.0.0.344 last weekend. Here are my comments.

Pros:
    - Improved user interface
    - tabbed browsing
    - web kit browser looks sleek and it's much faster (even on 2G)
    - I can now play youtube videos on the browser via wi-fi (OS5 won't allow me)
    - Social Feeds integrating twitter, bbm, & ym
    - camera does not take two seconds to take a picture, like in previous OS
    - no need to switch between hotspot browser and internet browser as it automatically detects which connection you are using
    - customizable and easy to access tabs for your favorite apps, downloads, & media

Cons:
    - Browser became buggy after a day. can only browse when in a wi-fi area but there's a solution to it: delete "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" from the service books. And you have to do this every time you reboot. After that, browser worked properly.
    - My Social Feeds doesn't have the option to integrate my facebook, unlike my other friends who do. Still looking into this, maybe I forgot to check something when the OS was being installed.
    - OS6 took up a lot of space. I have remaining 88MB of remaining on board memory. After upgrading, it went down to around 48MB.
    - Cannot install other themes (which for me is not an issue, i never used other themes before)
    - youtube videos hangs a lot after viewing a couple of videos. Solution: exit from youtube, clear the browser's history, and then relaunch the app (it's just a launcher actually, which redirects you to the website.

So far that's all I have noticed. I am still exploring the new OS. Overall, I am very satisfied and I'm glad there are many forums which help address the issues, if any. I wonder when the local telcos are releasing this? Maybe they will hold it off because it could affect the sales of the newer models (Torch and Bold 9780) when they release it.

^___^
    Devil likes this.
    11-23-10 12:10 AM
    I upgraded my Bold 9700 to OS 6.0.0.344 last weekend. Here are my comments.

Pros:
    - Improved user interface
    - tabbed browsing
    - web kit browser looks sleek and it's much faster (even on 2G)
    - I can now play youtube videos on the browser via wi-fi (OS5 won't allow me)
    - Social Feeds integrating twitter, bbm, & ym
    - camera does not take two seconds to take a picture, like in previous OS
    - no need to switch between hotspot browser and internet browser as it automatically detects which connection you are using
    - customizable and easy to access tabs for your favorite apps, downloads, & media

Cons:
    - Browser became buggy after a day. can only browse when in a wi-fi area but there's a solution to it: delete "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" from the service books. And you have to do this every time you reboot. After that, browser worked properly.
    - My Social Feeds doesn't have the option to integrate my facebook, unlike my other friends who do. Still looking into this, maybe I forgot to check something when the OS was being installed.
    - OS6 took up a lot of space. I have remaining 88MB of remaining on board memory. After upgrading, it went down to around 48MB.
    - Cannot install other themes (which for me is not an issue, i never used other themes before)
    - youtube videos hangs a lot after viewing a couple of videos. Solution: exit from youtube, clear the browser's history, and then relaunch the app (it's just a launcher actually, which redirects you to the website.

So far that's all I have noticed. I am still exploring the new OS. Overall, I am very satisfied and I'm glad there are many forums which help address the issues, if any. I wonder when the local telcos are releasing this? Maybe they will hold it off because it could affect the sales of the newer models (Torch and Bold 9780) when they release it.

^___^
    hi. im a sun BIS user. i dont experience that when browsing on OS6. and when i checked my service books, i have that Blackberry internet service 2.

do you know why it does it on smart/globe?
    11-23-10 08:03 AM
    hi. im a sun BIS user. i dont experience that when browsing on OS6. and when i checked my service books, i have that Blackberry internet service 2.

do you know why it does it on smart/globe?

I'm not sure why that happens. But deleting that one seems to be the only thing that makes my browser work when not connected to the wi-fi. I'm using Globe BTW.
    11-23-10 05:30 PM
    guys, im using curve 9300. how will BBM, email, FB work on wifi?
    11-24-10 03:34 AM
    guys, im using curve 9300. how will BBM, email, FB work on wifi?
    i think bbm would only work on BIS. email, i think there is an app that would permit you to use it on wifi. facebook... i think the FB for blackberry is also ony for BIS. i have yet to see a fb app for BB that works on wifi..
    11-24-10 09:46 AM
9,279 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD