klintoncloud, can you pls answer me on my question on this?
    Hi, as for your question, I'm positive with the setting that I've posted before re: your inquiry. You can use that as well JUST BE SURE that you still have the WiFi signal everytime coz that's the only time that your BB will look for a gprs signal if you are not on a Hot Spot anymore. Btw, I also did asked my friends who's still on Smart using her BB via WiFI only and she doesn't get billed for usages under WiFi just be vigilant and monitor the signal. As for the other question re: globe can do it but not smart I think you should ask them.

----------
    ? veni, vidi, vici

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 10:21 PM
    Hi, as for your question, I'm positive with the setting that I've posted before re: your inquiry. You can use that as well JUST BE SURE that you still have the WiFi signal everytime coz that's the only time that your BB will look for a gprs signal if you are not on a Hot Spot anymore. Btw, I also did asked my friends who's still on Smart using her BB via WiFI only and she doesn't get billed for usages under WiFi just be vigilant and monitor the signal. As for the other question re: globe can do it but not smart I think you should ask them.

----------
    ? veni, vidi, vici

klintoncloud,

ok ill try this one. btw i am on prepaid and not with postpaid line, and do not have BIS as of this time since i tried activating BIS for the first time before that i got deducted with charges. even with no BIS, im also deducted. did you expereinced this also before? my wifi signal is always near me.

with that APN settings of blackberry.net, can i still access third party apps?

with your friend, is his/her mobile network and data services both set to ON?

thanks for all your reply. hope i can solve already this problem with smart!
    09-28-10 06:05 PM
    klintoncloud,

ok ill try this one. btw i am on prepaid and not with postpaid line, and do not have BIS as of this time since i tried activating BIS for the first time before that i got deducted with charges. even with no BIS, im also deducted. did you expereinced this also before? my wifi signal is always near me.

with that APN settings of blackberry.net, can i still access third party apps?

with your friend, is his/her mobile network and data services both set to ON?

thanks for all your reply. hope i can solve already this problem with smart!
    First off, Smart Comms doesn't have a postpaid for BB. What i did to activate my BIS with Smart is i texted BB DAY (that's Smart Unlisurf for 1 day) then have everything i needed like sent Host Routing Table, Service Books and Set up my WiFi connection and made sure that the WiFi icon is color WHITE not GRAY. Checked my APN then input blackberry.net and after that I'm all set.
    And yes, with the APN setting set to blackberry.net i can access third party apps, no problem there. As for my friend, yes, they are both ON, what she always do is to be sure that she still on a WiFi signal.
    09-28-10 08:43 PM
    First off, Smart Comms doesn't have a postpaid for BB. What i did to activate my BIS with Smart is i texted BB DAY (that's Smart Unlisurf for 1 day) then have everything i needed like sent Host Routing Table, Service Books and Set up my WiFi connection and made sure that the WiFi icon is color WHITE not GRAY. Checked my APN then input blackberry.net and after that I'm all set.
    And yes, with the APN setting set to blackberry.net i can access third party apps, no problem there. As for my friend, yes, they are both ON, what she always do is to be sure that she still on a WiFi signal.
    klintoncloud,

is this setting applicable also if i am only on WIFI and not with BIS? im not trying to load to BIS again because im afraid of the charges smart does. so what im just doing right now is im just on wifi, mobile network set to OFF, thats why i cannot do text and calls anymore when im using wifi.

so with this settings for smart:

APN: blackberry.net
    MOBILE NETWORK: ON
    WIFI : ON
    DATA SEVICES : ON

i just hope i will not be deducted anymore! because just by switching DATA SERVICES to ON with MOBILE NETWORK ON, will automatically charge P10 even if i am not starting browsing yet!

are you also using this setting with GLOBE right now? because with the test i have done with a globe sim , i did not encounter any charges even the settings are just blank and not checked! why is smart doing this to us!?

hope and pray that this setting will work now... pls update me if what im doing above is correct...
    09-29-10 02:46 AM
    klintoncloud,

is this setting applicable also if i am only on WIFI and not with BIS? im not trying to load to BIS again because im afraid of the charges smart does. so what im just doing right now is im just on wifi, mobile network set to OFF, thats why i cannot do text and calls anymore when im using wifi.

so with this settings for smart:

APN: blackberry.net
    MOBILE NETWORK: ON
    WIFI : ON
    DATA SEVICES : ON

i just hope i will not be deducted anymore! because just by switching DATA SERVICES to ON with MOBILE NETWORK ON, will automatically charge P10 even if i am not starting browsing yet!

are you also using this setting with GLOBE right now? because with the test i have done with a globe sim , i did not encounter any charges even the settings are just blank and not checked! why is smart doing this to us!?

hope and pray that this setting will work now... pls update me if what im doing above is correct...
    Yes that was just it. Btw, I just checked my last billing statement with Smart Comms and I wasn't charged with any data allocation. Hope that gave you some peace of mind. Just don't forget to CLOSE your browser properly (that's using the back or better, click the flying d's before your trackpad and hit CLOSE) everytime after use so that there won't be any accidental data charging on your sim. Oh and it won't hurt either to clean your cache everytime you're done with your browser.

09-29-10 03:03 AM
    BB plan 1599 is their unlisurf plan for BB that includes video streaming (you tube browsing) i was just wondering why you feel the need to turn your data services off. I, for one is on BB unlisurf (that's their 1200/mo) i'm always online, never logged-out of fb, twitter and yahoo messenger. I always check my post here on CB via the native browser, my friends would borrow my BB if they wanna check on their fb or if they need to access the www if there is no available computer or laptop. What I'm trying to say here is that the plan you wish to get the is the best way to maximize your BB experience so why do you need turn off the data services? Don't worry about going over your data allocation coz you won't. In my case, i only go over my plan subscription because of calls and text i made to other networks (i.e. smart, sun and landline calls) but not the data allocation. Hope this helps.
    dude. BB plan 1599 IS NOT UNLIMITED. ONLY 30mb. How am i so sure? Thats my GF's plan. and that's a real plan. not an addon. It includes some calls/texts. Maybe you're referring to supersurf max. Thats 1500.
    09-29-10 04:14 AM
    Idea & Reliance provide more planes, you can choose ........
    09-29-10 04:18 AM
    dude. BB plan 1599 IS NOT UNLIMITED. ONLY 30mb. How am i so sure? Thats my GF's plan. and that's a real plan. not an addon. It includes some calls/texts. Maybe you're referring to supersurf max. Thats 1500.
    Oh ok, sorry man, my bad! Yes that's the one I was referring to supersurf max. and btw, I'm not a dude klint's my hubby's name

09-29-10 04:20 AM
    Why the **** are you people fidgeting around with APN? that APN setting is only for using the carrier's data. If you have GPRS(not gprs) or EDGE or 3G with the BB symbol, you have bis. If you want it to use wifi. Just connect to wifi and wait for it to turn SOLID.
    Note: Wifi symbol starts out as TRANSPARENT. When it's solid, you won't be charged. all BIS connections move through wifi.

No need to input APN.I just leave my APN blank. I've been doing so for more than 4 years...
    09-29-10 04:23 AM
    Oh ok, sorry man, my bad! Yes that's the one I was referring to supersurf max. and btw, I'm not a dude klint's my hubby's name

Oh. Sorry about that hahaha
    09-29-10 04:25 AM
    I called up Globe customer service to ask something about the MMS settings for my BB (which according to them, they don't have yet).

Somewhere in the conversation the rep told me that the BB prepaid 'promo' is available until September 30 (tomorrow). She is not sure if the prices will still be the same or if the service will be continued since they have not been given the details yet.

Anyone heard this? Promo?? I'm not sure if they will stop the 'BB promo' since that will give more business to the other carriers. If they change it, I hope they make it cheaper.
    09-29-10 05:18 AM
    Hi Guys, i'm really gonna need your help, the situation is i got a blackberry tour 9630 from sprint, it's unlocked already. I'm in the philippines btw and my sister was the one who bought the phone and gave it to me. Now, i want to avail the blackberry prepaid plan on smart (thats my prepaid sim), however, after registering the BB DAY to 2207 to try, it didn't work, i cant use the bb browser, it says service book problem, cant even use email, when i click facebook nothing happens, everything regarding internet are not working. I called up the smart to ask, and it's really hard to connect to their CSR's, after like 3 hours, somebody answered, told me to provision my phone first, but the problem is i cant open the browser (provisioning needs to be done on phone - CSR told me) and she hung up on me.. very disappointed.. So i went to the smart office at SM southmall, they told me that they cant configure my phone (damn). The only explanation they gave was it happens when the phone are from abroad lol. So now i just wasted the BB DAY and all the stress.

Also has anyone knows how to get a service book to atleast use the bb browser,configure it maybe. whew coz looks like the smart people from smart telcom don't know anything. I'm an apple person and this is the first BB i owned, trying to shift to BB but problems and stress are really getting high and hope is becoming really thin.

I dont know what else to do, if anyone knows something or even just a bit of hope, please help me or else i'll be stuck on call and text and for the good looks of this BB Tour.
    Last edited by fabolosochan; 09-29-10 at 12:53 PM.
    09-29-10 11:09 AM
    Ok, i called smart again, i already signed up from smart.blackberry.com and i did it fine, however, she (CSR) told me that i have to provision my phone first before getting the service book so that i can use the bb browser. The problem is i need to do the provisioning on the phone, but i cant do that because i cannot use the browser coz i need to have a service book to do that. Soon i'll be crazy. Help!

I know people bought their BB's abroad and they just unlocked it and enjoy the BIS here in Pinas,. Why can't I? sob sob sob

Thanks in advance.
    09-29-10 01:47 PM
    Yes that was just it. Btw, I just checked my last billing statement with Smart Comms and I wasn't charged with any data allocation. Hope that gave you some peace of mind. Just don't forget to CLOSE your browser properly (that's using the back or better, click the flying d's before your trackpad and hit CLOSE) everytime after use so that there won't be any accidental data charging on your sim. Oh and it won't hurt either to clean your cache everytime you're done with your browser.

klintoncloud, i have a very bad news... it still did not work! i am charged again 10p, when i tried the settings you suggest. just by setting DATA SERVICES to ON will charge you already even without actually browsing yet!

kindly look on this posted advisory of Smart " how to maximize internet usage":
    http://smart.com.ph/NR/rdonlyres/000...nnections1.pdf

-which says that MOBILE NETWORK should be turned OFF to avoid charges!
    so that means i cannot do both wifi surfing, text and calls at the same time!

and this one here:
    Mobile Data (non-video version) - Smart Communications

- which says the APN blackberry.net

my million dollar question to this is: WHY DOES GLOBE CAN DO THIS AND SMART CANNOT! and which I already asked them and said " They had nothing to do with Globe becoz it is their competitor"

what an answer did i get from Smart isnt it!

Up to this time im still in a dilemma om how to solve this problem...hayyy

you said you checked your last billing for data allocation, so you are on postpaid not with prepaid with smart before?

So pls anyone from Smart or Smart user who can help me with this one!
    09-29-10 04:45 PM
    Why the **** are you people fidgeting around with APN? that APN setting is only for using the carrier's data. If you have GPRS(not gprs) or EDGE or 3G with the BB symbol, you have bis. If you want it to use wifi. Just connect to wifi and wait for it to turn SOLID.
    Note: Wifi symbol starts out as TRANSPARENT. When it's solid, you won't be charged. all BIS connections move through wifi.

No need to input APN.I just leave my APN blank. I've been doing so for more than 4 years...
    drichhhh, i would like to ask you first what mobile provider are you in? becoz Smart is charging us for Wifi Connectivity. You cannot do both text and calls, and wifi surfing at the same time becoz you will automatically be charged 10p. As what i said this is not happening with a Globe sim. I compare the service books for both providers and I can see the problem is there. WAP2 transport is there with smart service books which Globe do not. Deleting it in your phone will not solve the problem, becoz it it is embedded in Smart blackberry server.
    09-29-10 04:51 PM
    Ok guys, I made it! wooot, the magic touch was very simple, I have to make a battery pull. lol
    09-29-10 05:53 PM
    I called up Globe customer service to ask something about the MMS settings for my BB (which according to them, they don't have yet).

Somewhere in the conversation the rep told me that the BB prepaid 'promo' is available until September 30 (tomorrow). She is not sure if the prices will still be the same or if the service will be continued since they have not been given the details yet.

Anyone heard this? Promo?? I'm not sure if they will stop the 'BB promo' since that will give more business to the other carriers. If they change it, I hope they make it cheaper.
    Hi, i believe that's their "The Globe Rush" promo that the csr is talking about. It's in the paper for like 2 weeks already.
    09-29-10 09:30 PM
    Ok guys, I made it! wooot, the magic touch was very simple, I have to make a battery pull. lol
    Sometimes Batt pull really does wonders.
    09-29-10 09:31 PM
    klintoncloud, i have a very bad news... it still did not work! i am charged again 10p, when i tried the settings you suggest. just by setting DATA SERVICES to ON will charge you already even without actually browsing yet!

kindly look on this posted advisory of Smart " how to maximize internet usage":
    http://smart.com.ph/NR/rdonlyres/000...nnections1.pdf

-which says that MOBILE NETWORK should be turned OFF to avoid charges!
    so that means i cannot do both wifi surfing, text and calls at the same time!

and this one here:
    Mobile Data (non-video version) - Smart Communications

- which says the APN blackberry.net

my million dollar question to this is: WHY DOES GLOBE CAN DO THIS AND SMART CANNOT! and which I already asked them and said " They had nothing to do with Globe becoz it is their competitor"

what an answer did i get from Smart isnt it!

Up to this time im still in a dilemma om how to solve this problem...hayyy

you said you checked your last billing for data allocation, so you are on postpaid not with prepaid with smart before?

So pls anyone from Smart or Smart user who can help me with this one!

klintoncloud,

can you pls answer me on this????
    09-29-10 09:41 PM
    Hi, i believe that's their "The Globe Rush" promo that the csr is talking about. It's in the paper for like 2 weeks already.

klintoncloud, what promo is in the newspapers? I don't read the paper so am not aware of any ads.

Called them again and they are not aware of any 'Globe Rush' promo related to BB service. One of the reps I spoke to said the only other rush promo he knows is for the channel viewing online (tv5, etc) and another rep I spoke to said the only rush promo is for the HSBC card holders (buying a red BB unit). Different info given.

They still gave me the spiel about the BB ON promo is up to today and no further advisories if it will be extended.
    09-29-10 11:12 PM
    drichhhh, i would like to ask you first what mobile provider are you in? becoz Smart is charging us for Wifi Connectivity. You cannot do both text and calls, and wifi surfing at the same time becoz you will automatically be charged 10p. As what i said this is not happening with a Globe sim. I compare the service books for both providers and I can see the problem is there. WAP2 transport is there with smart service books which Globe do not. Deleting it in your phone will not solve the problem, becoz it it is embedded in Smart blackberry server.
    Wait.. so you're telling me that smart charges you for SMART APN usage? how is that possible. No bb app uses tCP by default. Hmm ok noted. Sorry for the outburst.

Just curious though. How is this a big deal? Smart has unlimited service @ the same price as globe. Blackberry Prepaid - Smart Buddy

so you're telling me that even if you are on unlimited bb service, you get charged for smart apn while surfing? what browser are you using?
    09-30-10 04:07 AM
    klintoncloud, what promo is in the newspapers? I don't read the paper so am not aware of any ads.

Called them again and they are not aware of any 'Globe Rush' promo related to BB service. One of the reps I spoke to said the only other rush promo he knows is for the channel viewing online (tv5, etc) and another rep I spoke to said the only rush promo is for the HSBC card holders (buying a red BB unit). Different info given.

They still gave me the spiel about the BB ON promo is up to today and no further advisories if it will be extended.
    Try getting mad. I haven't spoken to one intelligent CSR(from globe). EVER. But getting mad seems to help them get their facts straight.
    09-30-10 04:08 AM
    Try getting mad. I haven't spoken to one intelligent CSR(from globe). EVER. But getting mad seems to help them get their facts straight.

Lol. With the second CSR I was already curt. So, I finally found the right search words in google and saw what klintoncloud may be referring to.

Which, yes, is totally unrelated to the BB service if this was what the CSRs meant.
    09-30-10 04:59 AM
    Lol. With the second CSR I was already curt. So, I finally found the right search words in google and saw what klintoncloud may be referring to.

Which, yes, is totally unrelated to the BB service if this was what the CSRs meant.
    Haha looks like the one. Totally unrelated. I swear they don't train their csr's. When BlackBerry service was still new, I called to have it applied to my plan. The csr was like : " BlackBerry service? Uhhh sir ..." Lol. Took forever to explain what it was

09-30-10 05:11 AM
    Wait.. so you're telling me that smart charges you for SMART APN usage? how is that possible. No bb app uses tCP by default. Hmm ok noted. Sorry for the outburst.

Just curious though. How is this a big deal? Smart has unlimited service @ the same price as globe. Blackberry Prepaid - Smart Buddy

so you're telling me that even if you are on unlimited bb service, you get charged for smart apn while surfing? what browser are you using?

drichhhh,
    i do not have to repeat again the issues with Smart, coz im tired already of this issue. just back read all my previous posts.
    i have reported this already to the high level management of Smart and to the NTC, but these two have just keep blinded of these issues and just wanted to rake in hard earn money from their subscribers. if only i can switch to a Globe sim but i cannot.

"SMART BLACKBERRY PREPAID IS CHARGING US FOR WIFI CONNECTIVITY!!!"

klintoncloud did not reply to my all my queries anymore, i thought i can get help from her post.
    09-30-10 05:13 AM
9,279 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD