12-31-19 04:37 AM
9,279 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    hi guys! im not yet a BB user. im actually planning to get a 2nd hand Bold9000. what should i check before buying the unit? i want to use my current globe sim with the unit im going to buy and use globe's unlimited prepaid plan
    08-15-10 01:15 AM
    hi guys! im not yet a BB user. im actually planning to get a 2nd hand Bold9000. what should i check before buying the unit? i want to use my current globe sim with the unit im going to buy and use globe's unlimited prepaid plan
    hi airkev, i just bought my whiteberry from globe, if i were you, you should buy from legit for example, globe smart sun. all these 3 tel cos carry the bold 9700 and the curve 8520.
    i've read users having problems with BIS setup cos their pins are blocked because their 2nd hand phones were stolen abroad or something.
    it's also not advisable to buy imported bb's for example t mobile bb's have been programmed to work for the t mobile network.

so if you're not so techy, then don't risk into buying 2nd hand. if you will, be sure that you know the person who owned the bb or you should check if all the setup is working.

hope i helped you decide. i'm excited for your 9000

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 01:44 AM
    anyone here who knows how to modify the settings with the smart blackberry server, so that we can do call , texts and internet surfing thru wifi, without prepaid loads being deducted?
    becoz once i switch on the data services it automatically deducts from my prepaid load, i can only do wifi by turning offf the SIM, in which i cannot make calls and text during this time...
    anyone who help me with this, or who knows any technical person from smart who can help with this problem. i have already talked to a blackberry contact person here in the phil and they say that the problem is with the provider here... can the provider modify the setting for blackberry prepaid?

any help with this one will be greatly appreciated!
    08-15-10 02:41 AM
    hi airkev, i just bought my whiteberry from globe, if i were you, you should buy from legit for example, globe smart sun. all these 3 tel cos carry the bold 9700 and the curve 8520.
    i've read users having problems with BIS setup cos their pins are blocked because their 2nd hand phones were stolen abroad or something.
    it's also not advisable to buy imported bb's for example t mobile bb's have been programmed to work for the t mobile network.

so if you're not so techy, then don't risk into buying 2nd hand. if you will, be sure that you know the person who owned the bb or you should check if all the setup is working.

hope i helped you decide. i'm excited for your 9000

thanks for the reply bibeberry! ive also read about the BIS setup problems users are having. id love to get the 9700 but i dont have enough to buy one. i wouldn't know the history of the bb as i would probable buy it from a shop selling 2nd hand units.

is there a way to check if the PIN has been released before i buy the unit?
    08-15-10 03:30 AM
    Hi Guys! is it true na may problema yung bb 9700 na white hindi daw nakaka bbm pa. how true? planning to upgrade my bb 9000 to 9700 white kc. thanks!
    08-15-10 04:07 AM
    anyone here who knows how to modify the settings with the smart blackberry server, so that we can do call , texts and internet surfing thru wifi, without prepaid loads being deducted?
    becoz once i switch on the data services it automatically deducts from my prepaid load, i can only do wifi by turning offf the SIM, in which i cannot make calls and text during this time...
    anyone who help me with this, or who knows any technical person from smart who can help with this problem. i have already talked to a blackberry contact person here in the phil and they say that the problem is with the provider here... can the provider modify the setting for blackberry prepaid?

any help with this one will be greatly appreciated!
    Hi...mr..but hmmp switch ka na sa globe..heck I did y...coz smart will definitely charge automatically...which was like eff...but nweis kung ayaw month download k ng app...Its called cell or wifi...so whenever there's wifi connection u won't hve to use ur load...I hope that will help...hehe...

08-15-10 09:47 AM
    thanks.. camille89... but i cannot switch to globe becoz i have to maintain my smart sim...

anyone from here, who knows a technical person from smart who can modify this one?
    08-15-10 05:27 PM
    are yu saying camille89, that globe doesnt charge you with wifi? how come smart does this!

is there a solution to this with smart?

thanks for any help....
    08-15-10 06:30 PM
    weird naman that you get charged when you use wifi. why dont you call smart cs and ask.
    08-15-10 09:27 PM
    i have tried this already thru the smart CS and they really dont know what to do about this...

so i think a more technical person from smart should know this...

anyone who can help here?
    08-16-10 02:56 AM
    Told yah download the application frm bb apps its called cell or network wifi...so may choice ka whenever wifi is available..I dnt want to be biasied or anything pro globe is much easier to use with bb...smart kc gmet ko pro switch ako sim..kc low tech tlga sila...csr are not very accomodative...hay...and another thing with bb u hav to register with their unli bb either smart or globe ka pra d ka macharge every now and then but both networks min is 50/ day unli everyrhing na un...with globe they got 220 good for 5 days.....so yea bb is rich ppls phone..LOL

08-16-10 05:18 AM
    Hi, im new with BB. i was just wondering how to change GSM to gprs or edge? I purchased my unit at Singapore, i can use wifi, make calls and sms. I was just wondering why my signal wont change to gprs. I cant receive MMS too. T_TThanks!
    Last edited by sunshinechippy; 08-16-10 at 03:11 PM.
    08-16-10 03:08 PM
    camille89, where can i download this apps "cell or wifi network"? can u pls paste here the exact url site?
    is this a guarantee that i will not be charged even though my mobile network is on, at the sametime wifi(data services) is on?
    the blackberry unli is not unlimited really... they only offer push email, fb, twitter, native web browsing(too slow)... even surfing thru bolt , there is a charge already becoz this is a third party apps!
    08-16-10 05:00 PM
    i think camille89 this will not do it, read this:

The 'Cell Network or WiFi' application allows you to prioritize in connecting to a WiFi connection for your BlackBerry in making calls (e.g. T-Mobile's UMA feature) and browsing whenever there is a WiFi connection present.

Making calls, web browsing and running applications using WiFi in most cases usually allows for less disconnected calls, faster web browsing and quicker applications. Best of all, using WiFi drains less battery life through less network switching, faster Internet access and usually consuming the least amount of power when compared to both 3G and EDGE.

Once the application is active, it listens for a WiFi connection and will successfully connect to the nearest WiFi spot and disconnects from the cell network. When out of WiFi range, your BlackBerry automatically reconnects to the cell network.

This application is small in size, is easy to turn both On and Off with a single click of the application and shows its status with an icon/indicator on the home screen.

it cannot do both calls text n wifi at the same time...
    08-16-10 05:04 PM
    i have tried this already thru the smart CS and they really dont know what to do about this...

so i think a more technical person from smart should know this...

anyone who can help here?
    try mo ito:
    1) Option -> Advance Option -> Browser -> Hotspot Browser -> Save

Data service ON
    Mobile network ON
    Wifi ON

Then connect to wifi as you normally would do.

Pag di kumagat, lipat ka na sa Globe. Good luck

Chaka wag tanung sa Smart CS, most of them are iPhone gadget.
    Last edited by OgoOgo; 08-17-10 at 06:55 AM.
    08-17-10 01:42 AM
    i was also having the same charges problem when i was still using a smart sim with my BB storm. that's why i switched to globe...hehe

anybody guys who knws if there's an answering machine application available for blackberry? i used to have one with my nokia E series but it will only work with symbian phones.. thanks.
    08-17-10 04:07 AM
    Yup, you are absolutely right.. BBM doesnt work over WiFi.. U shud hav a BIS Plan to use ur BBM..
    I have a first hand experience bbm-ing with a relative 7 days after his BIS expired, over wifi, of course

Last edited by OgoOgo; 08-17-10 at 06:47 AM.
    08-17-10 06:15 AM
    i cannot change to globe becoz i cant change my number...

i know there is still a way for smart to do this, becoz globe can do it!
    08-17-10 05:21 PM
    i suggest just get like an unlimited BIS plan from smart. i think thats the easiest way around the problem. even if you dont have wifi access you still get to surf the net unlimited.
    08-17-10 09:20 PM
    LOL there is unlimited globe bb watever u call it...txt BB ON 50 send to 8888...gud for 24 hrs...internet browse fb bbm etc...also txt globe to globe....lol cnt seem understand y u guys r havin those probs...prolly depend on the bb u usin...

08-18-10 02:16 AM
    LOL there is unlimited globe bb watever u call it...txt BB ON 50 send to 8888...gud for 24 hrs...internet browse fb bbm etc...also txt globe to globe....lol cnt seem understand y u guys r havin those probs...prolly depend on the bb u usin...

You sound like me a few pages ago trying to tell people to use the unlimited package and get it over with. Like you, I don't understand why it's so frgn complicated for everyone here.
    08-18-10 05:11 AM
    Like you, I don't understand why it's so frgn complicated for everyone here.
    wow, for everyone?
    08-18-10 05:30 AM

bb on does not offer unli globe texts. just unli bis and SOME net. no youtube streaming. bb max is for unli bis AND streaming. still no unli sms there though.

08-18-10 10:43 AM
    wow, for everyone?
    Yup.
    Check out all the old pages and check the posts of various people on the same subject.
    08-18-10 10:53 AM
    Deleted
    Posted from my BaraCkBerry
    Last edited by OgoOgo; 08-20-10 at 03:53 AM.
    08-18-10 11:59 AM
9,279 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD