how much are the data plans?
    The Personal BlackBerry Plans are add-on postpaid plans that offer consumable data. Globe�s Personal BlackBerry Plans are available at Plan 700 for 5 MB of data, which is approximately 55 emails per day. The Plan 850 gives subscriber 8 MB of data for approximately 90 emails per day. The Plan 1100 allows 10 MB of data so its user gets approximately 115 emails per day. Number of emails per day is based on estimated emails using a BlackBerry handset.Globe�s new Personal BlackBerry Plans provide postpaid subscribers more economical rates for Internet usage using their favorite BlackBerry handsets. Regular mobile Internet browsing rates of P0.15 per KB apply in excess of the plan.
    10-04-09 12:40 PM
    this will enable you to surf only using ur wifi to prevent accidental web browsing using ur network
    Thx for the tip my good man! Actually, I have known this info a week ago while trying to familiarize myself with different options on the BOLD. Nevertheless I really appreciate the assist Paul. Thx again!

For Smart, there's no blackberry fixed consumable plans as compared to globe, but the minimum plan for BIS is P1200 (consumable) plus a 350 which they call a 'relaying service fee' every month. In my case, I was a smartgold user at plan 1200 before, when I migrated to BIS, I will now be paying 1550 plus other charges (if any).
    10-05-09 02:46 AM
    So you would be paying BIS data pay per use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:38 AM
    sir.charles - yeap that's true
    Thanks, dude. Unfortunately, as blacklighter11 warned me, some CSRs won't allow that tip. I will be trying again
    10-05-09 10:31 AM
    So you would be paying BIS data pay per use
    Unfortunately, yes. How I wish Globe would offer unlimited plans for BB =P
    10-05-09 10:32 AM
    Unfortunately, yes. How I wish Globe would offer unlimited plans for BB =P
    That's blows lol

10-05-09 02:31 PM
    For GLOBE SUBSCRIBERS another tip to save on your bill :

visit globe.blackberry.com and create new account

you can manage your email accounts here and be assured na dka machacharge ng unnecessary emails or atleast minimal lang..

once registered, you can see all your emails na naka register sa blackberry unit mo.

click on filter then choose Forward Messages to Device HEADER ONLY

everytime you will receive an email, ung subject lang ang machacharge sayo which is 1-2 KB lang(sabi ng globe), you will have an option to continue reading the email or delay and just open it in your PC / laptop..makikita mo din ung size ng email so may option ka talaga na wag ng buksan kung malaki..

hope this will help! :-)
    10-05-09 03:21 PM
    Saving tips: I downloaded Mini Monitor for my bold. It helps me track my daily data charges consumption
    10-05-09 08:52 PM

you can manage your email accounts here and be assured na dka machacharge ng unnecessary emails or atleast minimal lang..

once registered, you can see all your emails na naka register sa blackberry unit mo.

everytime you will receive an email, ung subject lang ang machacharge sayo which is 1-2 KB lang(sabi ng globe), you will have an option to continue reading the email or delay and just open it in your PC / laptop..makikita mo din ung size ng email so may option ka talaga na wag ng buksan kung malaki..

FEI: This applies to SMART subscribers as well since it does not require any act on the telco's side of the fence.
    Last edited by cloud1229; 10-05-09 at 09:50 PM.
    10-05-09 09:17 PM
    Im still puzzled why smart doesn't have a BIS plan.I just told my dad to switch to globe instead.

10-05-09 09:53 PM
    Im still puzzled why smart doesn't have a BIS plan.I just told my dad to switch to globe instead.

It has. It just doesnt have an additional fixed conusmable plan. For example, in my case, I have plan 1200, my data is being charged to this 1200, in that sense its actually consumable without an additional 700 plan which globe seems to impose as an addition to your existing plan.
    10-05-09 10:00 PM
    What's the correct APN settings for Globe?

10-07-09 04:30 AM
    It has. It just doesnt have an additional fixed conusmable plan. For example, in my case, I have plan 1200, my data is being charged to this 1200, in that sense its actually consumable without an additional 700 plan which globe seems to impose as an addition to your existing plan.
    interesting, maybe my dad will keep smart afterall
    10-07-09 07:21 AM
    hi there everyone?

i love my blackberry curve..
    im new to BBM i enjoy it so much...
    10-08-09 04:36 AM
    hi there everyone?

i love my blackberry curve..
    im new to BBM i enjoy it so much...
    Hi, hon3y11! Same as you, I never expected to like a phone so much. Blackberries are just so dependable. It never failed on me, as compared to the previous phones I have used before which most of the time, would crash or froze at a very crucial time, losing any new SMS on the process. That was very frustrating. Thank god for BBs.
    10-08-09 05:47 AM

i think as long as you set auto more to NO, it only downloads 2kb. regardless if header only... this header thing might use less than 1kb lol
    10-08-09 08:06 AM
    i think as long as you set auto more to NO, it only downloads 2kb. regardless if header only... this header thing might use less than 1kb lol
    Your post is quite unclear. Kindly clarify. If I set AutoMore in the email options to NO, will it always download a maximum 2kb regardless of the size of the email? (except if the mail size is less than 2kb of course)

If the download-header-only option uses less than 1kb, is it not better to use Paul's advice?
    10-08-09 09:56 AM
    if you set AutoMore to NO, it will always download a max of 2kb. You have to click on options then "more" to download more than the 2kb. But by default, it will only download 2kb. so Each email received will cost you 2kb. or .15*2= .30

Im not sure about the header thing. But the automore,im pretty sure about. im not sure if globe or smart can charge you less than a kb so im guessing theyll charge you 1kb minimum. but hey if an extra 15 cents lets you see part of the message why not
    10-08-09 10:02 AM
    if you set AutoMore to NO, it will always download a max of 2kb. You have to click on options then "more" to download more than the 2kb. But by default, it will only download 2kb. so Each email received will cost you 2kb. or .15*2= .30

Im not sure about the header thing. But the automore,im pretty sure about. im not sure if globe or smart can charge you less than a kb so im guessing theyll charge you 1kb minimum. but hey if an extra 15 cents lets you see part of the message why not
    Ah ok, you indeed got a point there. Thanks for the clarification drich, appreciate it!
    10-08-09 10:05 AM
    Ah ok, you indeed got a point there. Thanks for the clarification drich, appreciate it!
    no problemo
    10-08-09 10:32 AM
    ok so where is the BIS plan cheaper? I'm here in the states but i'm moving to the Philippines in a month, fortunately we have the luxury of unlimited BB plans here... unfortunately, its not available in the philippines... I saw globe had 5MB for Php700? I think i use that in a day! Someone give me tips!

BTW drichhhh how did you get your barcode off your blackberry? i've been trying to figure out how I can do that?!
    10-08-09 09:56 PM
    ok so where is the BIS plan cheaper? I'm here in the states but i'm moving to the Philippines in a month, fortunately we have the luxury of unlimited BB plans here... unfortunately, its not available in the philippines... I saw globe had 5MB for Php700? I think i use that in a day! Someone give me tips!

BTW drichhhh how did you get your barcode off your blackberry? i've been trying to figure out how I can do that?!
    The bis plan is cheaper with globe I guess...since smart doesn't have any data plans. Globe's max is 10mb for 1100 I think? Well if you have wifi at home/school/office that would help...wifi gives you unlimited bis

Oh yeah. Got my barcode from bbm5. Go to options in bbm5 then click on my profile then click on display my barcode. It gives you the option to save it too.
    10-08-09 10:03 PM
    As already pointed out in my earlier posts, Smart has a BIS plan. The term actually used by the CSR is "migration". If you are on plan 1200, (which is the minimum plan for BIS) tell the SMART CSR to have your account migrated from Gold plan to BIS plan. they will charge you an additional 350 as "relaying service fee" monthly which is a fixed fee. But the 1200 credit limit includes text, calls and data at .15 cents/kb. Smart will not require you to subscribe to an additional BIS plan which on the other hand is required by GLOBE, so in that sense its actually cheaper INMHO. But that is for the subscriber to decide. If you're a heavy data user I say go for Globe.
    10-09-09 02:05 AM
    If you are on plan 1200, (which is the minimum plan for BIS) tell the SMART CSR to have your account migrated from Gold plan to BIS plan. they will charge you an additional 350 as "relaying service fee" monthly which is a fixed fee. But the 1200 credit limit includes text, calls and data at .15 cents/kb. Smart will not require you to subscribe to an additional BIS plan which on the other hand is required by GLOBE, so in that sense its actually cheaper INMHO. But that is for the subscriber to decide. If you're a heavy data user I say go for Globe.
    The way I understand it, the blackberry service for SMART (they call it "relaying service") is Php350 and for GLOBE is Php450. This is in order for you to use the blackberry service(activation fee),on top of this they charge you 15cents/KB (both for SMART and GLOBE). The difference is, For GLOBE, they have different data plans for Blackberry on top of your existing plan

ex.Plan 700 = activation w/ 5MB allocation
    ( Plan700-450<activation fee> = Php250/5000KB = 5cents/KB) or (700 / 5000KB = 14cents/KB u get ur activation fee for free)

once consumed they charge you 15cents/KB. If you are on GFlex, the excess usage for your BB can be charge to your GFlex plan.(aside of course for ur calls and texts)
    10-09-09 04:33 AM
    yeah. What paul jc326 said =]. But think of it this way...are your contacts smart or globe users? I'm a globe user cause all my friends are globe. Lol. That should help you decide =]. (Cheaper to call/text same network)

10-09-09 05:33 AM
9,279 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD