I guess I'll just have to wait. But I have been waiting for a week now. Must. Have. More. Patience.

Haha! Thank you all!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I'm also still waiting. But in my case, I'm waiting for the 4G LTE signal. Mind you, 4G is already a good signal but I'm counting for the fastest experience my Z10 could offer.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:53 PM
    Fyi, as regards my case, several follow ups I had made for the provisioning of my lte til yesterday . Note that I got mine April 4. I did lot of ways of escalating my query from phone cp twitter etc..
    Note also that I was not informed about it so you must do your own monitoring.. for sure no one will notify you..
    Tip: periodically check ur network by switching it from auto to manual then scan . . Indeed help..

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:24 PM
    I guess I'm lucky on my z10. On heavy use, it can last from 7 to 9 hours. On moderate use, it can last up to 15 hours. Settings: brightness is 75%, no vibration alert, every alerts on tones except bbm that is on led notif. Data service always on although my signal is fixed on 3g. I'm a heavy texter & on bbm, moderate calls. For contacts that I'm always have conversation with, I personalized their alert tone, something shorter than the default tone. All my notifications are on with 2 emails that are very active, twitter account, fb account, etc. I'm really surprise with my battery's performance & its my main phone now coming from an iPhone 5 which is now my backup/other number. 😊
    Ann, I vote for you and pick you to review the Z10 publicly.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:29 PM
    I guess I'll just have to wait. But I have been waiting for a week now. Must. Have. More. Patience.

Haha! Thank you all!

Posted via CB10
    Not that it may be a direct cause but change apn from Internet.globe.com.ph to http.globe.com.ph

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:30 PM
    Not that it may be a direct cause but change apn from Internet.globe.com.ph to http.globe.com.ph

Posted via CB10
    Wherein did you get this information? I believe that option is for prepaid.

Also for ann. Can you post a guru photo of your battery life.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:11 PM
    Fyi, as regards my case, several follow ups I had made for the provisioning of my lte til yesterday . Note that I got mine April 4. I did lot of ways of escalating my query from phone cp twitter etc..
    Note also that I was not informed about it so you must do your own monitoring.. for sure no one will notify you..
    Tip: periodically check ur network by switching it from auto to manual then scan . . Indeed help..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip! I got my unit last march 23 and since then I was calling the hotline, chatting on talktoglobe and going back and forth to the globe store just to activate my LTE but until now no LTE signal. It is really frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    I tried this and lost data. I think this is indeed for prepaid.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:40 PM
    Guys where did you get your sd cards? Any advice on where to get the best 32 or 64 gb class 10 cards?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:57 PM
    I got a Patriot Memory LX Series Class 10 32G yesterday @ Accent-Micro-SM Megamall. They charged me P1200. Some are saying it is the sdCard Cannon prividing as package on their cameras.

Guys where did you get your sd cards? Any advice on where to get the best 32 or 64 gb class 10 cards?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:00 AM
    Regarding sd cards

I suggest buy sd cards that is heat resistance.

I had a 32gb sd. I just malfunctioned. Possible reason due to overheating of phone.

So now i purchased a 64gb with heat resistance feature. Since i lost all my files its kind of frustrating. So will never buy cheap sd card. Unless your files are not as important to you.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:29 AM
    @allies

Thanks, will consider that.

@hubeschan

How much is it?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:42 AM
    Regarding sd cards

I suggest buy sd cards that is heat resistance.

I had a 32gb sd. I just malfunctioned. Possible reason due to overheating of phone.

So now i purchased a 64gb with heat resistance feature. Since i lost all my files its kind of frustrating. So will never buy cheap sd card. Unless your files are not as important to you.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Hubeschan,

You're new here so let me help you out a little in terms how you can become a very popular guy here.
    If you reworded your phrase from "So now i purchased a 64gb with heat resistance feature" to "So now i purchased a <name of manufacturer> <mobel number> 64gb with heat resistance feature <from name of store> <for price of card>", you'd be famous over night!

You could try again.
    04-11-13 03:34 AM
    hi guys I got my sim activated night of April 9 and I called Globe today cos I want to activate my LTE. she said that I can just reset and so I did. but still no LTE and I told her it will be 4G not LTE signal on the phone but she insisted on LTE. and she said that I did not have to wait for me to get LTE if my sim is already LTE sim. pft. guess I have to call again for them to activate my LTE first.
    04-11-13 04:02 AM
    Folks,

Call globe. Get csr name. Ask to activate. Monitor ticket. Check signal. If no, then repeat step 1. If the CSR is being a ****** or biatch escalate. Or tell them that you know what 4G is and that you've called several times already and are given same sets of advice, ask for someone else to talk to who knows much better.

Above tactic always works for me. We're the customers here. Why would we lie?

Most CSRs don't know what they are talking about. Geez, do we have to the their jobs for them?

My 0.02php

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:15 AM
    Ok im confused. Does it mean i should get LTE on my signal rather than 4G? Right now my signal is up to H+ only.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:26 AM
    Ok im confused. Does it mean i should get LTE on my signal rather than 4G? Right now my signal is up to H+ only.

Posted via CB10
    Most of my group mates get 4G.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:38 AM
    @Varadigm, @whitezee10

regarding sd card

i really dont want to give any specific brand since a believe theres alot of choices out in the market. baka mapa MAHAL kayo sa price. im really not the expert type

anyway my sd card brand is just SCAN DISK heres the link. SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXCUHS-I Memory Card by SanDisk it says on the website its temperature proof, but i think it was also printed at the packaging thats why i bought it.

i was in hongkong when i bought it around hkd 370. here i think it should be a bit more maybe php2,5k

lastly, watch out for fakes. lots of fake in manila.

hope i helped

thanks
    Devil likes this.
    04-11-13 04:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    your signal should be 4G. (or depends on carrier logo) i bought an openline STL2. if you purchase from globe im not sure if it should indicate LTE or 4G. also im assuming your z10 is STL2 model and on LTE globe postpaid sim with data plan.

you can also try going to Globe 4G areas. you can google it. so far i have 4G signal at abs-acn, mcdo q.ave (not the mrt), BK west ave. also old balara near common wealth. sm north hypermart side entrance infront of the car park.

if your on those area try to manual scan. you should see 4G signal. when i tried last week i think, i can see 4G but cannot register. but i think this Monday i notice i got 4G signal so far its consistent on those area.

thanks
    04-11-13 04:54 AM
    Hey guys I called a different area in globe hot line and he said he has forwarded a request to have my LTE activated. Monitoring time is 24 hrs. Excited!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:02 AM
    your signal should be 4G. (or depends on carrier logo) i bought an openline STL2. if you purchase from globe im not sure if it should indicate LTE or 4G. also im assuming your z10 is STL2 model and on LTE globe postpaid sim with data plan.

you can also try going to Globe 4G areas. you can google it. so far i have 4G signal at abs-acn, mcdo q.ave (not the mrt), BK west ave. also old balara near common wealth. sm north hypermart side entrance infront of the car park.

if your on those area try to manual scan. you should see 4G signal. when i tried last week i think, i can see 4G but cannot register. but i think this Monday i notice i got 4G signal so far its consistent on those area.

thanks
    Nice just tried it. It worked. Now I am back to 4G signal, it's been 3G or H+ all day. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:20 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the local Mobil 1 store is selling the leather holster and not the leather pouch? How much are they selling? I tried calling the Rockwell branch and they told me it's not yet available in the country.

I'm getting terrible battery life with my z10. Testing and receiving only 10 sms with wife off in a span of one hour drains my battery by 10 percent! Typing this whole thing drains it by 3 percent! If I unplug at 8 its at 50 percent by 12 noon with one email and fb and whatsapp in the background light use. It's so frustrating because it's a great phone but I can't use for anything. My phone is 4 days old running 10.0.10.90 is it normal???? What are your experiences

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:46 AM
    And how much does an let sim cost? Are let rates the same as hspa for now?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:47 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the local Mobil 1 store is selling the leather holster and not the leather pouch? How much are they selling? I tried calling the Rockwell branch and they told me it's not yet available in the country.

I'm getting terrible battery life with my z10. Testing and receiving only 10 sms with wife off in a span of one hour drains my battery by 10 percent! Typing this whole thing drains it by 3 percent! If I unplug at 8 its at 50 percent by 12 noon with one email and fb and whatsapp in the background light use. It's so frustrating because it's a great phone but I can't use for anything. My phone is 4 days old running 10.0.10.90 is it normal???? What are your experiences

Posted via CB10
    Use best signal type in your area 3G or 2G only. I don't recommed 4G or Lte to be on always.

Set brightness at lowest setting you can handle.

Turn off usage diagnostics.

Turn of gestures when locked (not yet tested but cb nation says it helps)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Was at Mobil1 Glorieta the other day and they don't have the leather holster, just the pouch. Most of the transform cases are also out except for the red one which doesn't go well with my white Z10. There are a few stalls above G3 but most sell those ugly capdase shells.

If you have serious battery issues, I recommend getting the leather pouch so you can save battery when you do not use your device. Just get a good screen protector, a naked Z10 still looks elegant.

Posted from my Z10
    04-11-13 09:10 AM
    Yeah I've been on 2g ever since with data turned off. Has your battery life improved after a few weeks of use? This is a pretty bizarre phone because I lose a lot of power with only light texting. I've also noticed a lot of people dumping this phone on Sulit after a few days of purchase lol. That's how I got mine b new

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:42 AM
    Wow that's very good for you. Glad to see there are some lucky ones. Which are are you using the phone. We have a theory that network signals affect the overall battery life of the z10 but that doesn't seem to be the case for you. Did it come from globe?

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    My unit came from globe,I have my iphone 5 postpaid nano sim on it so its already lte activated although I only used 3g only on my network setting. I really believe that this helps..my area doesnt have lte signals yet & 3g is stable.that is what I dont like on my iphone 5,no way to set your signal to just 3g,it doesnt give consistent speed because it keeps on switching to 2g-3g & it kills my battery faster.I know someone experienced a very much improvement on his battery when he used his z10 abroad because of network stability there.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    bigbikeguy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:21 AM
9,279 ... 108109110111112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD