Yeah, that's what most are also saying here in CB... that and the .1881 radio as they say is the best combo.
    I'm so tempted to take the plunge right now, but I want to read more especially from those who're with Globe.
    The 2355 radio already bundled with 2354 works best for me on Globe over 1881 -- best reception=better battery. Stable too, no reboots.
    07-02-13 02:43 PM
    Sometimes the BlackBerry logo near the signal does not show up, meaning, no data. However, I can surf, whatsapp, cb and all, except bbm, it wont send or receive until the BlackBerry logo comes back. Which pompted me to try the official globe OS, which im currently using. Will use it for a few days. I have never experienced random reboots since 10.0 os and I hope not on this one.

Posted via CB10
    I got the same issue a few weeks ago but mine I couldnt surf the net. Everything else fine most of the time. I thought I had it traced to a sim card issue but I didn't enroll in any data plans recently and when I did enroll after a week or so it sort of "refreshed" on me and now I have reliable network data. I'm thinking it's another one of Globes technical issues.

Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720 on Globe

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:06 PM
    I got the same issue a few weeks ago but mine I couldnt surf the net. Everything else fine most of the time. I thought I had it traced to a sim card issue but I didn't enroll in any data plans recently and when I did enroll after a week or so it sort of "refreshed" on me and now I have reliable network data. I'm thinking it's another one of Globes technical issues.

Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720 on Globe

Posted via CB10
    Well for me its on the OS because never had that happening on the other leaks I've tried. Well I still have to observe the official OS now.. first time I've loaded it..

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:33 PM
    The 2355 radio already bundled with 2354 works best for me on Globe over 1881 -- best reception=better battery. Stable too, no reboots.
    Sounds good then, the 1881 radio reviews are from other countries anyway. Great to read from someone in the same network. Thanks for the advise. I'll try that combo.

I was downloading the .2354 autoloader then I found out it's gonna be difficult to install the leak via a Mac... haha!

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1720
    07-02-13 07:33 PM
    I'm on globe official OTA. Okay naman saken. Good battery life na. Siguro 7 hours to 8 hours on pure 3G

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:24 PM
    I'm on globe official OTA. Okay naman saken. Good battery life na. Siguro 7 hours to 8 hours on pure 3G

Posted via CB10
    But how is your usage? If the phone is idle most of the time then the 8 hours battery life is credible.

My usage - Leave the house 730am with a fully charged unit. Then surf/listen to 8tracks on the way to work. Arrive at work with 55% battery. Phone is idle until 11am, then surf again 1130-1pm. Phone is 20% battery. Then I charge it until I got home at 530pm.
    07-02-13 10:51 PM
    My previous BlackBerry (Torch 9800) gave me almost 2 days with regular use - regular BBM, Whatsapp and browsing, some sms, few calls... maybe if I can get my BB10 close to that, it would be great.

I also read about some z10 users who loaded the leak and got at least 20hours on their battery. Ok na rin sana yung ganun katagal.

via Z10.
    07-03-13 12:05 AM
    Sounds good then, the 1881 radio reviews are from other countries anyway. Great to read from someone in the same network. Thanks for the advise. I'll try that combo.

I was downloading the .2354 autoloader then I found out it's gonna be difficult to install the leak via a Mac... haha!

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1720
    The 2355 radio is already bundled with 2354. It is from Orange Romania, I did a non-destructive update thru sachup/sachibar on upgrade mode. There is also an autoloader available, find Kris' compiled thread on leaks in the forums. Never installed from a Mac so can't help you there. Good luck updating.
    07-03-13 12:38 AM
    M a globe user and used the 2354 for 2 weeks. With heavy use all day at h+, video streeming, serf. Wats up, we chat tons of sms and an hr of calls. I managed to get 10 to 12 hrs

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Carmelo Eleazar; 07-03-13 at 04:33 AM.
    PeejBB likes this.
    07-03-13 12:45 AM
    The 2355 radio is already bundled with 2354. It is from Orange Romania, I did a non-destructive update thru sachup/sachibar on upgrade mode. There is also an autoloader available, find Kris' compiled thread on leaks in the forums. Never installed from a Mac so can't help you there. Good luck updating.
    Thanks Snihed, got the .2354 autoloader from Kris Simundson's thread, even the .1881 radio autoloader but I won't be using it as per your advise. Gotta get me a PC though to execute the upgrade. By the way, I also found out that the .2354 is an official release in Singapore through M1.

via Z10.
    07-03-13 12:55 AM
    M a globe user and used the 2354 for 2 weeks. With heavy use all day at h+, video streeming, serf. Wats up, we chat tons of sms and an hr of calls. I managed to get 10 to 1 hrs

Posted via CB10
    Now that's what I'm talking about.

via Z10.
    07-03-13 12:57 AM
    But that was with great signal from globe. Unfortunately i went back to the official release just for warranty purposes. With the 10.1.0.273 and same usage only til mid day. Then i have to charge again. If i put it on 2g still up to 10 to 12 hrs. Here is what guru came up with.
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20130742.png
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20130741.png

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 178533
    07-03-13 04:30 AM
    I'm sorry for asking this as it may have been covered already. Can't be sure thanks to the numerous pages discussing the symbol that shows lol.

On Globe, a leak mashed with another radio file seems to be doing good for battery according to some gurus on this thread. Is there an exe style upgrade I can do for this, or do I do bars (not the liquor serving kind) and what not?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:26 AM
    I'm sorry for asking this as it may have been covered already. Can't be sure thanks to the numerous pages discussing the symbol that shows lol.

On Globe, a leak mashed with another radio file seems to be doing good for battery according to some gurus on this thread. Is there an exe style upgrade I can do for this, or do I do bars (not the liquor serving kind) and what not?

Posted via CB10
    You need to have both the signed radio and core os file, then load using sachibar. You can search the forums if somebody already created a. exe for your particular mix. Otherwise, either you create your own loader or use sachibar. Latter us easier.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:17 AM
    But how is your usage? If the phone is idle most of the time then the 8 hours battery life is credible.

My usage - Leave the house 730am with a fully charged unit. Then surf/listen to 8tracks on the way to work. Arrive at work with 55% battery. Phone is idle until 11am, then surf again 1130-1pm. Phone is 20% battery. Then I charge it until I got home at 530pm.
    Leave house at around 11am. Use skooday from around 1pm then will change the battery on 5pm. Remaining level about 25-30%. That's probably an hour or so of mediocre use left.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:36 AM
    Anyone here thinking that if BBM Channel will cross platform it may kill or if not be on the same popularity with Instagram, Twitter, Viber... etc..

Hehe just thinking now that we can post GIF images on it

Posted via Z10 (STL100-2) Powered by Globe Philippines
    07-03-13 07:07 PM
    Anyone here thinking that if BBM Channel will cross platform it may kill or if not be on the same popularity with Instagram, Twitter, Viber... etc..

It all depends on how well they execute the app on the other ecosystems. If they bring it to the same level of reliability and ease of use as on BlackBerry phones then we will have a winner. The feature sets in themselves will already kill most messaging apps.

On ios I think they can make it buttery smooth but on Android there is a big reason to believe that it will lag have battery problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 07:22 PM

Hi. Am new to BlackBerry and new to these forums. I wrote something on BBM going cross platform, a bit of a conspiracy theory

Thought you might be interested.
    07-03-13 09:46 PM
    Hi. Am new to BlackBerry and new to these forums. I wrote something on BBM going cross platform, a bit of a conspiracy theory

Thought you might be interested.
    Robin, while I understand the underlying reason for this post... I still followed your link. You may be right.
    But, maybe you shouldn't lead with the fact that you're new to BlackBerry while you're pointing us to your opinion as to why BlackBerry is making the moves it is. It kind of throws your opinion out the window.

Having said that, good article and a good point. I hope you get your ad dollars.
    07-04-13 12:18 AM
    Robin, while I understand the underlying reason for this post... I still followed your link. You may be right.
    But, maybe you shouldn't lead with the fact that you're new to BlackBerry while you're pointing us to your opinion as to why BlackBerry is making the moves it is. It kind of throws your opinion out the window.

Having said that, good article and a good point. I hope you get your ad dollars.
    Sorry. I get paid to write these articles, but I don't earn from the ads on the site.

While new to BlackBerry, have spent a few years looking at the market. One way to interpret BlackBerry's action is that it is a push to hold third place and knock MS out of the market. This should allow BBRY to stay alive long enough to develop a strong app ecosystem to challenge the two leaders.

There is of course the other possibility, but I did not want to write about that one. I try to avoid Prophet of Doom type articles. As more users leave the platform the value of BBM goes down. Spreading it to iOS and Android makes it a more valuable service. That wont earn BBRY anything. But it does make a BBM an asset that could be sold should BBRY go belly up.
    Last edited by Robin Lim; 07-04-13 at 11:01 AM.
    07-04-13 10:01 AM
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_00000001.png

Very nice OS! Love the simple password!

Posted via CB10
    christianZed likes this.
    07-04-13 05:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001.png 
Views:	651 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	179022

Very nice OS! Love the simple password!

Posted via CB10
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-untitled.jpg

Almost done with the download...

Happy Fourth of July indeed!
    07-04-13 05:44 PM
    Did everything to restore my Zee on the new leak but no go... I did restarted my PC and Zee, used old and new version of BB Link, enabled Airplane mode but still a failure.

Getting back to .2354 and restoration is in progress now, unlike on the new leak wherein no progress of restoration at all.
    07-04-13 08:37 PM
    Did everything to restore my Zee on the new leak but no go... I did restarted my PC and Zee, used old and new version of BB Link, enabled Airplane mode but still a failure.

Getting back to .2354 and restoration is in progress now, unlike on the new leak wherein no progress of restoration at all.
    Some android ports are causing these issues. I had this problem last time as well.
    List the ported apps you have here and you might get someone telling you to remove them.

This is my issue as well - it takes forever for me to do all this. Sometimes takes a whole day!
    I wish I could just backup on Link, run the exe autoloader, and then restore using Link. Sometimes the backup takes forever, and sometimes the restore!

What's your experience and how long does it take ya'll?
    07-05-13 04:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	179027

Almost done with the download...

Happy Fourth of July indeed!
    Not gonna question your choice of music at 6.30AM on a Friday. Oh boy, your weekend better be scared of you.
    07-05-13 04:29 AM
9,279 ... 147148149150151 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD