Maybe it's for Q10 lang..

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:39 PM
    Nice. This issue has been addressed:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/.../2447461#M2586

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:14 PM
    It's only for the q, tested it on my zed.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    06-29-13 11:59 PM
    @peter_betos

Bro, out of curiosity bakit ung download file mo is 600+MB File while mine is 100+MB. May added features ba sayo? Thanks.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 - Powered by Globe
    06-30-13 12:31 AM
    @peter_betos
    Bro, out of curiosity bakit ung download file mo is 600+MB File while mine is 100+MB. May added features ba sayo? Thanks.
    Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 - Powered by Globe
    Kasi I was using a Canadian (specifically the Rogers one) version of the Q10 firmware i.e. 1720 prior to the update. Maraming app versions na binalik sa dati to have it realigned with Globe's release of the Q10 firmware again.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:46 AM
    Kasi I was using a Canadian (specifically the Rogers one) version of the Q10 firmware i.e. 1720 prior to the update. Maraming app versions na binalik sa dati to have it realigned with Globe's release of the Q10 firmware again.

Posted via CB10

Thanks Bro for the info.
    06-30-13 01:49 AM
    yun! abot ba samen ang hotspot mo? haha. gaano katagal ang bat life kapag nakabukas? i guess i have to let go of the bbmax on q10 theory on postpaid. as much i want to try it.. takot akong ma-bill ng globe for excess charges kahit na naka-bbmax ako. sa prepaid ko na lang susubukan. haha a co-worker of mine incurred almost a million pesos sa company issued iphone, that time walang instructions to turn off mobile data at mejo bago pa iphone plans nun.hehehe. buti naayos nila. now i seem to wonder why they included 'bill cap' in the first place.

If your going to test the BBMAX on a prepaid for Q10 let us know the result, I am also curious namamahalan ako sa unlisurf na 999 baka naman puwede nga ang 599 na BBMAX na plan. Thanks in advance.
    06-30-13 02:15 AM
    Globe uses GSM, EDGE, 3G, HSPA+ and 4G (for LTE on Z10). Going by your point, you can�t have 4GLTE on a Z10 using a Globe sim. There�s the contradiction. As I�ve said, I�ve loaded everything that leaked for stl2 as well as interchanging compatible radio files and I�ve never encountered 4GLTE, reason why that screenshot is surprising.
    Meddling with the engineering page of my Q10 device shows that 4G sign on our phones is actually using an LTE transmission. I guess it goes to show that Philippines is not an exception on using the term 4G being LTE on the Blackberry OS 10. U.S. builds of the firmware still tricks everyone that HSPA+ is 4G, hence the differentiation of 4G and 4G LTE symbols.

You can see on the screenshots below that details of the LTE gathered data can be shown when the phone is on 4G, the rest of the transmission protocols can't be tallied when the phone is on LTE state. So the 4G symbol on the Q10 phones is legitimately LTE.

Attachment 177543
    Attachment 177544
    Attachment 177545

P.S. No, I will not assist anyone on how to access the settings. It can damage your phone when you're not careful. Though you can make your device only receive LTE when meddling with it. :P
    Last edited by peter_betos; 07-01-13 at 09:16 PM.
    06-30-13 09:14 AM
    You're talking about the engineering screen?

Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_00000751.png

Posted via CB10
    christianZed likes this.
    06-30-13 12:54 PM
    You're talking about the engineering screen?
    Posted via CB10
    Haha. You beat me to it. Careful with choosing the Enabled RATs though. That's one of the reasons why the BlackBerry OS 10 phones have different model numbers (e.g. It can possibly ruin the phone's antenna if you forcefully use EVDO, sa ibang model number lang ng Q10 yun, yung indi distributed here).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by peter_betos; 07-01-13 at 09:17 PM.
    06-30-13 01:00 PM
    Haha. You beat me to it. Careful with choosing the Enabled RATs though. That's one of the reasons why the BlackBerry OS 10 phones have different model numbers.

Posted via CB10
    How to access the engineering screen is all over CB, and a very easy one. Just don't mess with things we aren't sure of and its going to be fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:26 PM
    I want more information in the escreens. Device analyzer of my 9320 is full of information I'd want to know. Hope they make it available in bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 01:14 AM
    Haha. You beat me to it. Careful with choosing the Enabled RATs though. That's one of the reasons why the BlackBerry OS 10 phones have different model numbers.

Posted via CB10
    Hello Q10 user. Cool. Haha I'm honestly curios how better your battery life is compared to ours (z10)

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 01:41 AM
    Adequate on WiFi, usually tumatagal ng 2 days on heavy use. Mas maiksi pag laging naka-data services. Wala pang isang araw ang tagal.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:10 PM
    Adequate on WiFi, usually tumatagal ng 2 days on heavy use. Mas maiksi pag laging naka-data services. Wala pang isang araw ang tagal.

Posted via CB10
    Sharing my experience with my Q10 with all day data services active takes 14 to 16 hours single charging on moderate use with good signal. Battery life shortens when I'm on a low to dead signal area, which i usually turn off the data services and lower to 2G signal configuration.
    07-01-13 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's a given. Especially on 4G.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:29 PM
    Buti pa Globe Q10 may OS update na...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:22 AM
    Buti pa Globe Q10 may OS update na...

Posted via CB10
    What's its difference with the 10.1 of the Zs?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:46 AM
    I agree, CSR's of service providers has their own different versions every time you call to ask them the same question. You would be lucky enough if you speak with more senior level CSR's which knows what he is talking about and give more clear explanation of your query. Well you can't blame them if they are getting 3rd party CSR's which offers less cost for the business, the more experienced CSR's are more expensive in the market with the business costs.

All we can do is get as much information and consult with the forums like this to validates the given info. I am glad that we have this forums to gather much information we can and share our thoughts and experiences with our Blackberry Phones. There are no right or wrong here, we are sharing and inquiring our query minds with the information that we are having doubts with.
    I've had my share of talking to Globe CSRs for consumers. Minsan they even put you on long wait holds dahil asar lang.. hehe! Fortunately I'm under Globe Business and their representatives can manage customer complaints better (at least the ones that I talked to) and you get to end the call quite satisfied or optimistic. But my point is if Globe Business account officers can do that, I hope they can also do that for all customer account types. Globe needs to step up on their customer service. Their ongoing technical snafus aren't making it easier too.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:47 AM
    What's its difference with the 10.1 of the Zs?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'm just waiting for that 10.1 release with the better radio and battery life. The Z10 is still with the .1720 OS.. while there are the leaks, I'm hoping for the official release from Globe.

Just curious, have you experienced your Z10 heating up?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:57 AM
    Maybe I'm just waiting for that 10.1 release with the better radio and battery life. The Z10 is still with the .1720 OS.. while there are the leaks, I'm hoping for the official release from Globe.

Posted via CB10
    Occasionally it does, especially when I'm on 4G surfing while chatting on bbm and whatsapp. Has anyone experienced random reboots on 1720? I haven't tried the official leak. Been on 2354 and now on the 4285/10.2 hybrid.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:10 AM
    Occasionally it does, especially when I'm on 4G surfing while chatting on bbm and whatsapp. Has anyone experienced random reboots on 1720? I haven't tried the official leak. Been on 2354 and now on the 4285/10.2 hybrid.

Posted via CB10
    Twice during the last month. But the reboot's pretty quick, happened while I wasn't looking, phone's already asking for the PIN when I picked it up.

experienced any issues with the hybrid?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    From what I hear the best os so far is the 2354 one.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:11 AM
    From what I hear the best os so far is the 2354 one.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's what most are also saying here in CB... that and the .1881 radio as they say is the best combo.
    I'm so tempted to take the plunge right now, but I want to read more especially from those who're with Globe.
    07-02-13 08:24 AM
    Twice during the last month. But the reboot's pretty quick, happened while I wasn't looking, phone's already asking for the PIN when I picked it up.

experienced any issues with the hybrid?

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the BlackBerry logo near the signal does not show up, meaning, no data. However, I can surf, whatsapp, cb and all, except bbm, it wont send or receive until the BlackBerry logo comes back. Which pompted me to try the official globe OS, which im currently using. Will use it for a few days. I have never experienced random reboots since 10.0 os and I hope not on this one.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:39 PM
9,279 ... 146147148149150 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD