@RaymondPer

Bro, my previous plan was BBMax with Globe when I was using BlackBerry 9700 until I upgrade my phone to BlackBerry Q10 I was advised to switch for a different plan because the OS10 are running on a regular Internet service unlike the legacy OS versions they need BIS / BES for them to run Internet connections. All you need a unlimited surfing plan and other call and texts services plan.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 - Powered by Globe
    nice! first hand user of q10,

1. have you tried bbmax with q10? does it work? no addl charge?
    2. this is a stupid question but id rather be safe than sorry... when you turn off the mobile data.. do you get twitter and fb notifs? (the reason why im asking if bbmax still works is because with BBmax, i still do get real time updates without the fear of draining battery
    3. no offense but.. globe's 1500php q10 plan is full of ^*%$. ive talked to them a couple of times. sabi sa advertisement nila
    a. free calls and texts di naman pala! 100texts and 5mins of call lang. pag naubos na.. automatic deduction sa remaining 400 na consumable mo [999-600(consumable=400] then you have to call again para hindi ma de duct sa natitirang consumable
    b. ide deduct pa pala from the 999 yung unlisurf na sabi nila FREE

though i know of the newer platform and some of its restrictions (bb social), just need confirmation if bbmax still works for q10 before i decide. some say bbmax still works kasi may internet streaming pa din naman siya so technically.. you can get away with it kahit di ka mag avail ng bagong plan sa kanila. im thinking of getting a prepaid q10 tapos mag subscribe na lang ako ng bbmax (kung gumagana pa) tapos kapag hindi.. mag subscribe na lang ako ng unlisuf (yun nga lang, baka di na gumana yung real time updates). cheaper plus i dont get to avail of the new plan. dodoble lang ang postpaid ko sa globe.
    06-27-13 12:13 AM
    I've been using BBMAX since February 2nd when I got the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    wow nice! good! +1 =)
    06-27-13 12:14 AM
    No need to get a new plan if existing user ka ng bb plans sa globe. Say plan bb 999 convert to unli data 999. You will just lose the 400 consumable from bbmax. Thats what they call re alignment. And they will change your regular sim to a 4g micro si
    free of charge.
    06-27-13 02:02 AM

2. this is a stupid question but id rather be safe than sorry... when you turn off the mobile data.. do you get twitter and fb notifs? (the reason why im asking if bbmax still works is because with BBmax, i still do get real time updates without the fear of draining battery
    3. no offense but.. globe's 1500php q10 plan is full of ^*%$. ive talked to them a couple of times. sabi sa advertisement nila
    a. free calls and texts di naman pala! 100texts and 5mins of call lang. pag naubos na.. automatic deduction sa remaining 400 na consumable mo [999-600(consumable=400] then you have to call again para hindi ma de duct sa natitirang consumable

though i know of the newer platform and some of its restrictions (bb social), just need confirmation if bbmax still works for q10 before i decide. some say bbmax still works kasi may internet streaming pa din naman siya so technically.. you can get away with it kahit di ka mag avail ng bagong plan sa kanila. im thinking of getting a prepaid q10 tapos mag subscribe na lang ako ng bbmax (kung gumagana pa) tapos kapag hindi.. mag subscribe na lang ako ng unlisuf (yun nga lang, baka di na gumana yung real time updates). cheaper plus i dont get to avail of the new plan. dodoble lang ang postpaid ko sa globe.
    1. Bbmax is the only bb promo you could use on the new os10 phones. So yes, it will work on the q10.
    2. You are confusing Bbmax with bbsocial. Bbmax won't work with data services off, bbsocial will. Data services have to be on all the time to use Globe's bb promos for legacy devices. For bbsocial, you have to clear any preset apn settings to avoid undue charges. And NO Unfortunately, bbsocial will not work on the z10/q10.
    3. I assume you're applying postpaid for the first time? Technically, "free calls and texts" is correct, they didn't say unlimited. The rest of your points are just how a phone plan works. You understand the carrier is subsidizing your phone (you only pay 200php), the rest you can use?

If you have the means to get the device outright and don't want to be tied to a 30-month contract, then go prepaid. At least you know what you're paying for.
    Last edited by snihed; 06-27-13 at 08:42 AM.
    06-27-13 02:36 AM
    1. Bbmax is the only bb promo you could use on the new os10 phones. So yes, it will work on the q10.
    2. You are confusing Bbmax with bbsocial. Bbmax won't work with data services off, bbsocial will. And NO, bbsocial will not work on the z10/q10.
    3. I assume you're applying postpaid for the first time? Technically, "free calls and texts" is correct, they didn't say unlimited. The rest of your points are just what a phone plan works. You understand the carrier is subsidizing your phone for only 200php?

If you have the means to get the device outright and don't want to be tied to a 30-month contract, then go prepaid. At least you know what you're paying for.
    Good points. Although it is incorrect to say bbsocial will work with data services off in legacy devices. BlackBerry social is a data plan but with bw limitations or "specific throttling". You need data services to be on for that to work because FB. Twitter and whatever else needa data (edge minimum). GSM only signal won't work because there is no data in it's modulation.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 03:04 AM
    Good points. Although it is incorrect to say bbsocial will work with data services off in legacy devices. BlackBerry social is a data plan but with bw limitations or "specific throttling". You need data services to be on for that to work because FB. Twitter and whatever else needa data (edge minimum). GSM only signal won't work because there is no data in it's modulation.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct, I'll edit the post. What I meant was remove apn presets (http/internet.globe.com.ph) for bbsocial to avoid undue charges out of the native fb and twitter clients for legacy devices. Thanks for pointing this out.
    06-27-13 03:11 AM

Stop complaining. You should know what you're doing. Everything's given to you, all you need to do is choose. So it's always up to you and you can never blame it on others.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:05 AM

Try to understand what globe is saying a bit more..

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 08:24 AM
    No need to get a new plan if existing user ka ng bb plans sa globe. Say plan bb 999 convert to unli data 999. You will just lose the 400 consumable from bbmax. Thats what they call re alignment. And they will change your regular sim to a 4g micro si
    free of charge.
    problem is, im not a BB plan holder. just a regular postpaid plan. thanks though! appreciate it =)
    06-27-13 11:48 AM
    2. You are confusing Bbmax with bbsocial. Bbmax won't work with data services off, bbsocial will. Data services have to be on all the time to use Globe's bb promos for legacy devices. For bbsocial, you have to clear any preset apn settings to avoid undue charges. And NO Unfortunately, bbsocial will not work on the z10/q10.
    3. I assume you're applying postpaid for the first time? Technically, "free calls and texts" is correct, they didn't say unlimited. The rest of your points are just how a phone plan works. You understand the carrier is subsidizing your phone (you only pay 200php), the rest you can use?

1. thanks!
    2. yep, im well aware that specialized bb plans (bb social) wont work in bb 10
    3. nope. current plan holder. | yes, got your point! re:'free calls and texts" thanks for clarifying though. | actually we're paying more for the phone.

salamat for the reply paps! appreciate it!
    06-27-13 12:06 PM
    Stop complaining. You should know what you're doing. Everything's given to you, all you need to do is choose. So it's always up to you and you can never blame it on others.

Posted via CB10
    you sir.. i do not like the tone of your reply.and what is your point that 'i am blaming it on others? can you please enlighten me. did i blame it on you? if you do not have anything good to say, dont say it! dont act like you know everything. in case you havent noticed yet, this is a forum. i am asking questions because I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER. bawal magtanong? i need help. am i directing my inquiries to you? are you employed by globe? no place for arrogance here. wag masyadong mayabang ha?
    06-27-13 12:20 PM
    Try to understand what globe is saying a bit more..

Posted via CB10
    yeah i do, problem is.. you transfer from one branch to another.. they say different things. but i do try my best =) thanks for the reply.
    06-27-13 12:21 PM
    you sir.. i do not like the tone of your reply.and what is your point that 'i am blaming it on others? can you please enlighten me. did i blame it on you? if you do not have anything good to say, dont say it! dont act like you know everything. in case you havent noticed yet, this is a forum. i am asking questions because I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER. bawal magtanong? i need help. am i directing my inquiries to you? are you employed by globe? no place for arrogance here. wag masyadong mayabang ha?
    My point is try to learn more before complaining about anything. And pls don't be foolish to think that OTHERS means me. Its OTHERS. And again, please think before you say anything. This is the second time you made yourself look like a cry baby

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:14 PM
    My point is try to learn more before complaining about anything. And pls don't be foolish to think that OTHERS means me. Its OTHERS. And again, please think before you say anything. This is the second time you made yourself look like a cry baby

Posted via CB10
    Your point could have been phrased in a better way. In a much more friendly non aggresive. That was what his point was. Of course calling someone out and calling him a cry baby is also a real sign of maturity.
    Sour grape.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:41 PM
    Your point could have been phrased in a better way. In a much more friendly non aggresive. That was what his point was. Of course calling someone out and calling him a cry baby is also a real sign of maturity.
    Sour grape.

Posted via CB10
    Too sensitive maybe? For an age who can handle a postpaid account. Haha

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:50 PM
    yeah i do, problem is.. you transfer from one branch to another.. they say different things. but i do try my best =) thanks for the reply.
    Agree with this. Even the CSRs on the hotline say diff things. So annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:56 PM
    O.. ha! Hawakan mo nga tenga.... hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree, CSR's of service providers has their own different versions every time you call to ask them the same question. You would be lucky enough if you speak with more senior level CSR's which knows what he is talking about and give more clear explanation of your query. Well you can't blame them if they are getting 3rd party CSR's which offers less cost for the business, the more experienced CSR's are more expensive in the market with the business costs.

All we can do is get as much information and consult with the forums like this to validates the given info. I am glad that we have this forums to gather much information we can and share our thoughts and experiences with our Blackberry Phones. There are no right or wrong here, we are sharing and inquiring our query minds with the information that we are having doubts with.
    06-27-13 08:19 PM
    Too sensitive maybe? For an age who can handle a postpaid account. Haha

Posted via CB10
    Relax lang bro... Chill lang, huwag na pusong mamon. Na-stress ka lang masyado. Love and Peace Bro.
    06-27-13 08:22 PM
    Pag pasensyahan mo na bro, lahat naman tayo dito di natin naririnig ang comment mo. Mis-perception lang ng tao kung ano ang nababasa nya akala galit ka kung sa nagtatanong ka lang naman dito. Keep it Chill
    06-27-13 08:29 PM
    O.. ha! Hawakan mo nga tenga.... hahaha

Posted via CB10
    kiss sabay hug nga bro... LOL hahahaha
    06-27-13 08:31 PM
    Is the official OS still. 1720 for globe?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:01 PM
    Hey! Can someone tell me how can I get rid off these scam text messengers? I'm getting text messages making scams to get load, money, etc.? Is there an app for this? I see in my Q10 there's a feature Parental Control but it's so constrict with its policy, no option to select the numbers to be blocked. Thanks in advance.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 - Powered by Globe
    06-27-13 09:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahaha. From the looks of it and how you reacted to my original post? I dont see why i should be the 'cry baby'. Congratulations! You think highly of yourself. Oh wait, this is the internet. What am i thinking. Good day.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-13 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    When i got a recontracting offer from globe..found out that CSR's dont share some infos about customers.i asked them na pwede naman sigurong tingnan yung file ko para mas mabilis yung transaction, di daw niya ma open and mag start na lang daw ulit kami. I didnt have the time and decided to end the conversatoon. After a while yung original na CSR ang kumontak sakin. I guess 1 is to 1 but case to case.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-13 10:21 PM
9,279 ... 144145146147148 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD