No screen shot? Just keep it to yourself )

Posted via CB10

Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-1370072492235.jpg

Posted via CB10
    sayote likes this.
    06-24-13 06:00 PM
    Excuse me. Off topic.

How do you enter a break line or the one equivalent to 'enter' using Z10? I want to make paragraphs of messages but i don't know how to.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:38 PM
    Excuse me. Off topic.

How do you enter a break line or the one equivalent to 'enter' using Z10? I want to make paragraphs of messages but i don't know how to.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    1. Add shortcut in Word Substitution
    2. Original Word: /n New Word: (keep pressing space until cursor reaches "X" or delete mark)
    3. Use /n + space to add new line

Posted via CB10 | Keep Moving
    christianZed likes this.
    06-24-13 06:58 PM
    This has been noted before by other users abroad too. Not sure if there's a fix as of now. Hopefully later updates resolve this?

Posted via CB10
    I really wish for a leak at this point. And hey, you were right about sim issues. I popped in my micro sim that I have as postpaid, and I haven't had data issues at all. Got my prepaid sim exchanged for a micro sim too and now waiting on activation. Let's see how that goes...

Thanks for that!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:07 PM
    Pwede na din
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20130699.png

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 12:35 AM
    Anyone know how long a newly issued Micro Prepaid SIM takes to get activated? The girl took my old SIM and gave me a new Micro SIM with the number number but said it would activate in 24 hours. Currently, we're at over 38 hours and still nothing.
    06-25-13 01:31 AM
    Hello guys. I want to buy applications from BlackBerry World, but no payment options for prepaid. Does Globe Telecom Integrate Carrier Billing on BlackBerry App World working on BB10OS, z10 and Q10? if yes. How? Thank you guys.
    06-25-13 02:17 AM
    Have you tried the bat pull out to refresh the phone. Had the same problem the pull out worked for me

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 02:19 AM
    Not true. BlackBerry 10 features "ootb" technology or out of the box. If you load a sim card with some carrier branding in it the phone automatically loads that splash screen up. This has been observed countless times over these forms. The exact mechanism is still a huge debate (some say the splash is on the screen, some say the logos are downloaded) but nevertheless this behavior has been seen countless times. Heck I'm a prepaid user using an unlocked phone from South africa's Vodafone I think. But I got the globe branding when 10.1 came out which proves my point.

Attachment 175683

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, this is weird, carrier branding is a huge topic in the forums and with this, experience across users of the same device models varies too, apparently. He is on 100-2 with a Globe sim? I raised the issue of the icon signal because you contradicted yourself too when you said the phone downloads it's indicators from the sim you are using (Globe doesn't have 4GLTE, only 4G). I don't have the means to try a different sim but if you did see splash screen different from the carrier you got your z10 from, then I stand corrected. This is pretty confusing stuff.
    06-25-13 02:31 AM
    Hello guys. I want to buy applications from BlackBerry World, but no payment options for prepaid. Does Globe Telecom Integrate Carrier Billing on BlackBerry App World working on BB10OS, z10 and Q10? if yes. How? Thank you guys.
    Afaik, you can buy apps regardless if you are on prepaid or not, you just need a card. This is my experience with the 9900 on prepaid, don't know with bb10. What OS are you running? Payment option is tied to your bbid just like bbm and restores automatically once you login. If you can't create this on you phone thru either setup or bb world, go to blackberry world online and create a payment option under your ID.

Carrier billing is integrated with postpaid account up to 500php via globe's gcash amex virtual card. If the card has zero credits, then it autocharges to your postpaid bill. I haven't tried it myself though (since I'm using my old payment option) so I don't know how to register or how is the experience.
    06-25-13 02:36 AM
    I'm running official 10.1 latest Z10. I read that prepaid or postpaid account it doesn't matter. Globe Telecom welcomes Integrated Carrier Billing | CrackBerry.com. Thank you snihed.
    06-25-13 02:59 AM
    Hmmm, this is weird, carrier branding is a huge topic in the forums and with this, experience across users of the same device models varies too, apparently. He is on 100-2 with a Globe sim? I raised the issue of the icon signal because you contradicted yourself too when you said the phone downloads it's indicators from the sim you are using (Globe doesn't have 4GLTE, only 4G). I don't have the means to try a different sim but if you did see splash screen different from the carrier you got your z10 from, then I stand corrected. This is pretty confusing stuff.
    There is currently no consensus how carrier branding shows up on unlocked phones that are not associated with any carriers. The observed behavior is that you adopt the splash / branding and the associated logos and indicators depending on which sim card / carrier is being used. This much is confirmed. As for actual mechanics its anyone'a guess at this point.

Yes that picture is postpaid globe with stl 2 unlocked from abroad.

How did I contradict myself? As far as I know I've been saying all along that you do get your indicators from the sim card but and this is a big one certain radio files do tend to affect how your phone displays signal indicators. Case in point guy who owns the phone of the uploaded screen shot "lost" his 4G LTE indicator upon installation of certain leak which I don't remember which already seeing as there's been a ton for stl 2.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 05:58 AM
    There is currently no consensus how carrier branding shows up on unlocked phones that are not associated with any carriers. The observed behavior is that you adopt the splash / branding and the associated logos and indicators depending on which sim card / carrier is being used. This much is confirmed. As for actual mechanics its anyone'a guess at this point.

How did I contradict myself? As far as I know I've been saying all along that you do get your indicators from the sim card but and this is a big one certain radio files do tend to affect how your phone displays signal indicators. Case in point guy who owns the phone of the uploaded screen shot "lost" his 4G LTE indicator upon installation of certain leak which I don't remember which already seeing as there's been a ton for stl 2.

Posted via CB10
    Been installing every leak there is and I didn't have the 4G LTE symbol.

It doesn't make a difference in speed though I wanna see 4G LTE like the picture above!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:45 AM
    You should not confuse unlocking with debranding (or flashing). My Vodafone-issued Bold is unlocked but it is branded. Debranding removes proprietary firmware that the carrier has placed on the phone, unlocking does not. While debranding can remove a lock from a phone, unlocking a phone does not remove branded software and data, hence my splash screen example. I am positive all of the early grey market Z10s were carrier unlocked from Canada/Europe but definitely not debranded so as not to have carrier firmware embedded. By earlier OSs, you can remove carrier bloatware via BBH tool but you can’t remove carrier splash.

Here:
    “Thing is a phone downloads it's indicators from the carriers so once you bring a phone abroad for example and stick in a foreign sim (as far as I know globe units aren't sim locked) you will get their particularly identification logos. I.e. Umts gprs edge vs. 4g/3g/2g locally.”

Globe uses GSM, EDGE, 3G, HSPA+ and 4G (for LTE on Z10). Going by your point, you can’t have 4GLTE on a Z10 using a Globe sim. There’s the contradiction. As I’ve said, I’ve loaded everything that leaked for stl2 as well as interchanging compatible radio files and I’ve never encountered 4GLTE, reason why that screenshot is surprising.
    Last edited by snihed; 06-25-13 at 07:25 AM.
    06-25-13 07:10 AM
    anyone can confirm BBMAX working with q10? thanks! thats the only consideration im taking in purchasing a q10. though im a loyal bb user..its hard to imagine turning on/ off the mobile data just to get updates from fb and twitter. otherwise.. ill just get a 9320 instead. thanks!
    06-25-13 08:51 PM
    You should not confuse unlocking with debranding (or flashing). My Vodafone-issued Bold is unlocked but it is branded. Debranding removes proprietary firmware that the carrier has placed on the phone, unlocking does not. While debranding can remove a lock from a phone, unlocking a phone does not remove branded software and data, hence my splash screen example. I am positive all of the early grey market Z10s were carrier unlocked from Canada/Europe but definitely not debranded so as not to have carrier firmware embedded. By earlier OSs, you can remove carrier bloatware via BBH tool but you can�t remove carrier splash.

Here:
    �Thing is a phone downloads it's indicators from the carriers so once you bring a phone abroad for example and stick in a foreign sim (as far as I know globe units aren't sim locked) you will get their particularly identification logos. I.e. Umts gprs edge vs. 4g/3g/2g locally.�

Globe uses GSM, EDGE, 3G, HSPA+ and 4G (for LTE on Z10). Going by your point, you can�t have 4GLTE on a Z10 using a Globe sim. There�s the contradiction. As I�ve said, I�ve loaded everything that leaked for stl2 as well as interchanging compatible radio files and I�ve never encountered 4GLTE, reason why that screenshot is surprising.
    Does the screenshot say that it's connected to Globe? Can't see it clearly.
    06-25-13 10:07 PM
    From what i know bb10 runs on ordinary data plans or prepaid packages. it do not need the BIS as to bb7 or lower versions. From what globe told me if i conituie with a bbmax enabled sim on a z10 it would charge me the regular data costs. I was on the bb post paid plan, so i had to re align the sim plan with the phone. If im not mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:04 AM
    Does the screenshot say that it's connected to Globe? Can't see it clearly.
    He says it's an unlocked z10 from abroad using a postpaid sim from Globe. Can't see screen shots clearly either, too blurry for me.

Test:

Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_00000720.png

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:30 AM
    anyone can confirm BBMAX working with q10? thanks! thats the only consideration im taking in purchasing a q10. though im a loyal bb user..its hard to imagine turning on/ off the mobile data just to get updates from fb and twitter. otherwise.. ill just get a 9320 instead. thanks!
    I don't have a q10 but why would you need to turn on/off mobile data to get social updates? Bbmax will work with the q10 as it does with the z10 but actual speeds may vary. My cousin who got his z10 last week is on bbmax prepaid but is getting 4G.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 03:35 AM
    @RaymondPer

Bro, my previous plan was BBMax with Globe when I was using BlackBerry 9700 until I upgrade my phone to BlackBerry Q10 I was advised to switch for a different plan because the OS10 are running on a regular Internet service unlike the legacy OS versions they need BIS / BES for them to run Internet connections. All you need a unlimited surfing plan and other call and texts services plan.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 - Powered by Globe
    06-26-13 03:52 AM
    I don't have a q10 but why would you need to turn on/off mobile data to get social updates? Bbmax will work with the q10 as it does with the z10 but actual speeds may vary. My cousin who got his z10 last week is on bbmax prepaid but is getting 4G.

Posted via CB10
    +1.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:02 AM
    You should not confuse unlocking with debranding (or flashing). My Vodafone-issued Bold is unlocked but it is branded. Debranding removes proprietary firmware that the carrier has placed on the phone, unlocking does not. While debranding can remove a lock from a phone, unlocking a phone does not remove branded software and data, hence my splash screen example. I am positive all of the early grey market Z10s were carrier unlocked from Canada/Europe but definitely not debranded so as not to have carrier firmware embedded. By earlier OSs, you can remove carrier bloatware via BBH tool but you can�t remove carrier splash.

Here:
    �Thing is a phone downloads it's indicators from the carriers so once you bring a phone abroad for example and stick in a foreign sim (as far as I know globe units aren't sim locked) you will get their particularly identification logos. I.e. Umts gprs edge vs. 4g/3g/2g locally.�

Globe uses GSM, EDGE, 3G, HSPA+ and 4G (for LTE on Z10). Going by your point, you can�t have 4GLTE on a Z10 using a Globe sim. There�s the contradiction. As I�ve said, I�ve loaded everything that leaked for stl2 as well as interchanging compatible radio files and I�ve never encountered 4GLTE, reason why that screenshot is surprising.
    Most carriers outside of North America and Europe do not install bloat ware. And I got mine from south Africa. So the assertion that most phones came from Canada / Europe isn't exactly true but we may never know as this is the grey market after all.

Going by this point.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:25 AM
    @snihed

Aren't blurry shots reserved for those top-secret-you're-not-supposed-to-be-seeing-this gadgets? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've been using BBMAX since February 2nd when I got the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    the new bb os 10 works on a regular net plan. by logic (correct me if im wrong)..
    1. if i turn off the mobile data.. i wont get notifs (twitter/facebook/mail). for personal preference..the reason i use BB is to get real time updates on my twitter (mentions and fb (notifs). if i turn off the mobile data, it kinda kills that purpose. right?
    2. if leave the mobile data ON.. battery wouldnt last long. unlike with bbmax where i get updates w/o the fear of draining the battery so fast
    3. yep! talked to a globe rep last week, a customer went there and the globe said bbmax still works for the z10. i dont mind the speed though as long as real time updates are there =)
    4. i know z10/q10 runs on a newer platform but if bbmax still works, it'll be of great help.
    06-26-13 11:49 PM
9,279 ... 143144145146147 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD