Of course the Fair Use Policy exists, because it was mandated by the NTC. But you must also take into consideration that we are in the Philippines, where anything IS possible. . The existence of the law does not automatically mean that it is being followed. (please read between the lines)
    Yes. I agree but for arguments sake it does exist and contrary to most of you, I have a groupmate who experienced being capped. It may not be strictly enforced, but it does exist regardless if we experienced it or not.

I myself have no experience of being capped yet but that does not mean it doesn't exist. Since when is that a valid argument?

bandwidth isn't infinite per area of a base station so you guys may just be lucky it you haven't been capped yet and may never ever experience it for that matter.

All I am saying is fair use is uniform across mobile providers and it does exist and it will enforce itself if and when needed.

"Globe has the right to... etc etc"

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:29 PM
    Yes. I agree but for arguments sake it does exist and contrary to most of you, I have a groupmate who experienced being capped. It may not be strictly enforced, but it does exist regardless if we experienced it or not.

I myself have no experience of being capped yet but that does not mean it doesn't exist. Since when is that a valid argument?

bandwidth isn't infinite per area of a base station so you guys may just be lucky it you haven't been capped yet and may never ever experience it for that matter.

All I am saying is fair use is uniform across mobile providers and it does exist and it will enforce itself if and when needed.

"Globe has the right to... etc etc"

Posted via CB10
    May I know if you are working for Globe? Or employed as a third party promoter of Globe? This stance you are taking is weighing down this thread. Who would benefit from your insistence of the Fair Usage Policy? You? Opinions posted by members should be respected and if in the event that they are offensive, should be reported to the moderator.
    05-26-13 11:34 PM
    May I know if you are working for Globe? Or employed as a third party promoter of Globe? This stance you are taking is weighing down this thread. Who would benefit from your insistence of the Fair Usage Policy? You? Opinions posted by members should be respected and if in the event that they are offensive, should be reported to the moderator.
    I'm no globe representative sir. I am just stating facts. You can check few pages back, I've been commenting other things asides from this (you can also check my post history).

In fact several of the guys posting here, we belong to one BBM group.

How can it weigh down the thread? We are just discussing and stating opinions and facts. No insults were given, in fact, you didn't even see me mention about CSR's not knowing "sh**" like the others.

Information about this is beneficial, I respect their stand I am only informing them about information readily available if you check.

I think correcting information does not fall in the insult category or does it?

Apologize if I offended you or anyone here but hey I'm not the only one arguing about this. Why single me out?

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:50 PM
    I'm no globe representative sir. I am just stating facts. You can check few pages back, I've been commenting other things asides from this (you can also check my post history).

How can it weigh down the thread? We are just discussing and stating opinions and facts. No insults were given, in fact, you didn't even see me mention about CSR's not knowing "sh**" like the others.

Information about this is beneficial, I respect their stand I am only informing them about information readily available if you check.

Apologize if I offended you or anyone here but hey I'm not the only one arguing about this. Why single me out?

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Of course I have noticed that you have been commenting other things aside from the Fair Usage Policy, but please keep in mind that sometimes unsolicited advice is best kept to oneself even if the intention is pure. My honest opinion is that showing that you are a "Mr. know-it-all" does not always equate to others accepting you for what you are. Slow down and try to see yourself from another person's point of view and you will know what I mean.
    05-26-13 11:56 PM
    @PH_BB
    Don't take this personally ok. This is just a forum, we should be encouraging camaraderie.
    05-26-13 11:58 PM
    Oh! How would I know if my LTE sim is activated or not? I've been to Makati and Alabang and I haven't seen an LTE signal, just H+.
    Clarified with Globe and yes, my LTE isn't activated yet. I don't get the logic of (Globe) issuing LTE sims and the activation of the sim is different from the activation of the LTE service.
    05-27-13 12:02 AM
    I myself has been capped. Thrice in the past two months I believe. So there you go. Data cap exists. If you guys want I could attempt to go over the cap again and screen shot a picture of the text message globe sends me when I have reached the cap.

It specifically states the fair use policy mentioned by ph BlackBerry. So I have no idea what is all the fuss about a data cap hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:08 AM
    @PH_BB
    Don't take this personally ok. This is just a forum, we should be encouraging camaraderie.
    Point taken. Next time I should use emoticons so as not to be misunderstood by the tone of my messages. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    onggp likes this.
    05-27-13 12:09 AM
    How much is an LTE sim from globe??? How/where can I get it???

Posted via CB10
    50php if you convert it from your old postpaid but if you're lucky (like me) you'll get it for free. Market2 branch of globe is the best place to go for this.

Also for the question of how to enable LTE call globe CSR and have it activated, depending on who handles your ticket then it may take one day to about a week, you should be getting a text message saying your request has been serviced. Fo to an LTE area and manually set radio to 4G and manual scan, once the phone locks in you can set it back to automatic and it will already recognize thay bandwidth.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:12 AM
    Clarified with Globe and yes, my LTE isn't activated yet. I don't get the logic of (Globe) issuing LTE sims and the activation of the sim is different from the activation of the LTE service.
    I found out that my LTE is not yet activated when i complain that i'm only getting H+ on their Globe rep thru twitter and she confirmed that time that it is not yet activated

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:10 AM
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:12 AM
    50php if you convert it from your old postpaid but if you're lucky (like me) you'll get it for free. Market2 branch of globe is the best place to go for this.

Also for the question of how to enable LTE call globe CSR and have it activated, depending on who handles your ticket then it may take one day to about a week, you should be getting a text message saying your request has been serviced. Fo to an LTE area and manually set radio to 4G and manual scan, once the phone locks in you can set it back to automatic and it will already recognize thay bandwidth.

Posted via CB10
    I thought all the while that when Globe issues you an LTE sim that, along with the activation of the sim itself, the LTE would also be activated. What's your take on this peculiar arrangement? I called Globe a while ago to have my LTE activated and they told me it's going to take 24hours.
    05-27-13 01:50 AM
    I thought all the while that when Globe issues you an LTE sim that, along with the activation of the sim itself, the LTE would also be activated. What's your take on this peculiar arrangement? I called Globe a while ago to have my LTE activated and they told me it's going to take 24hours.
    I'm not really sure. It may have something to do with LTE roll out still at it's infancy and on going. Not all areas have the data frequency yet.

Wait 24hrs and when they text just force it to 4G.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:34 AM

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, did I accidentally get into your well veiled condescension? You just had to mention it without understanding the context why I said it, no?

Tell you what, I'll say it again. They really don't know sh*t. That is fact. Were you living in a cave all those 12 years you've been with Globe?

I won't comment on this topic again, let's agree to disagree. Peace.
    05-27-13 06:18 AM
    Well that was uncalled for.

Posted via CB10
    PH_BB likes this.
    05-27-13 07:27 AM
    Globe agents are usually confined to a specific segment of expertise, but that doesn't make them experts at all. They simply follow a pre-defined set of responses that are laid in front of them. You'd be lucky if you encounter one who knows what he/she is taking about.

Posted via CB10
    Haha I'm laughing out loud at your attempt to humor us by using the word 'expertise'. Good one my friend, good one.

Posted via CB10
    onggp likes this.
    05-27-13 09:38 AM
    Anyone here from Makati area near Ayala avenue? What's your download speed when on LTE? Mine only goes up to 8mbps. Don't know if I'm in an area where globe's LTE coverage is poor or there is something wrong with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:42 AM
    Could be poor signal for the area sir. I think that's too slow for lte when 3g can go 5mbs. Try some other area.

And i forgot that sim and lte activation is not together. Lol ) I'll just call globe for the activation later

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:44 PM
    Anyone here from Makati area near Ayala avenue? What's your download speed when on LTE? Mine only goes up to 8mbps. Don't know if I'm in an area where globe's LTE coverage is poor or there is something wrong with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    Same case here. I tried speed test near Ayala Ave. And only got 3mbps dl speed.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:51 AM
    Dunno if I posted this already but in my case, it's the same as the other one here.

I got my z10 from globe. On the same day I got the unit, I specifically requested for an lte sim for my lte phone...used it for more than two weeks and thought it was bad signal or bad lte coverage but couldn't get any lte signal.

Eventually, went back to globe business center, inquired why I couldn't get any lte signal. Lo and behold, it was my fault according to them for not requesting for lte activation.

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:14 AM
    Lte sim shouldn't be needing activation or requests because it is made for lte. But for some unknown reasons, they dont have it as default. Well. Its their business and we don't know what's going on there.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:07 AM
    Finally! I was able to sideload Instagram and Line. Anyone know of a good Viber .bar file that is working?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:36 AM
    I must say, battery has improved on OS 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    christianZed likes this.
    05-28-13 11:09 PM
    For STL 100-1 users, a new leak for your model here:

Z10 STL100-1 Full OS 10.1.0.2354
    05-29-13 12:50 AM
    help. I'm on globe prepaid sim card. Laging lumalabas yung blackberry logo sa top right ng screen kahit hndi ako naka wifi at kapag may regular load nakakain lagi. This only happen after i updated to 10.1 . What to do?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:17 PM
9,279 ... 129130131132133 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD