Bbm does work even without a simcard as long as you have wifi.

Posted via CB10
    PH_BB likes this.
    03-12-13 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    All the more reason to buy Z10. Migrate from Ios or android now.
    03-12-13 11:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    That only works if you Already have an existing bis subscription. Cause bis is tied to your bbpin.

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2
    03-12-13 11:06 PM
    That only works if you Already have an existing bis subscription. Cause bis is tied to your bbpin.

Z10 does not use BIS, has anyone tested Z10 w/o data plan (BIS,BBMAX,Unlisurf etc.) and only on WIFI and confirm if BBM works on wifi ONLY.

Your statement is true for LEGACY os but I'm not sure it's the same for Blackberry 10 OS
    03-12-13 11:13 PM
    Z10 does not use BIS, has anyone tested Z10 w/o data plan (BIS,BBMAX,Unlisurf etc.) and only on WIFI and confirm if BBM works on wifi ONLY.

Your statement is true for LEGACY os but I'm not sure it's the same for Blackberry 10 OS
    If that's the way it is, then blackberry just lost most of their demograph. Businesses actually choose blackberry because of the security that bis and bes offers. One pin one connection. That's the only thing that blackberry had to offer that others didn't. You can be rest assured that your corporate email will not accidentally end up in a hacker's inbox.

03-12-13 11:42 PM
    If that's the way it is, then blackberry just lost most of their demograph. Businesses actually choose blackberry because of the security that bis and bes offers. One pin one connection. That's the only thing that blackberry had to offer that others didn't. You can be rest assured that your corporate email will not accidentally end up in a hacker's inbox.

That's not actually entirely correct. BIS is Blackberry Internet Service -> It compresses data so that devices do not use too much data sending/recieving emails etc, this has nothing to do with connecting to BB servers. Blackberry 10 STILL connects to the servers albeit in a different architecture than the legacy OS. No BIS just means no compression for data (i.e. same as iphone and android) but security is not compromised.

In fact, Blackberry 10 is the only mobile OS to be FIPS 140-2 certified w/c means it is secure for federal and government use.

BlackBerry 10 Receives FIPS 140-2 Security Certification Ahead of Launch �Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

Clearing up the BlackBerry 10 data plan confusion: No, you don't need a special BlackBerry plan if you're a regular customer | CrackBerry.com

Although I am not sure if anyone here has already tested WIFI only with no subscription, that's why I am asking so they can confirm.
    03-12-13 11:52 PM
    haha..what a long thread guys..thanks to this thread and all of your post. I was waiting for the Lumia 720 availability here in PH, I have not used any BB device before and I want to try it with Z10.
    Are you guys sure that the non-LTE version have a TiOmap instead of the S4? What are advantages/disadvantages one over the other?
    Thanks
    03-13-13 01:22 AM
    haha..what a long thread guys..thanks to this thread and all of your post. I was waiting for the Lumia 720 availability here in PH, I have not used any BB device before and I want to try it with Z10.
    Are you guys sure that the non-LTE version have a TiOmap instead of the S4? What are advantages/disadvantages one over the other?
    Thanks
    I can only concur with V1 (3G) TiOmap. V2 uses snapdragon.

as for advantages/disadvantages, I don't think there is that much difference bet the two in terms of performance. I've read that hardware differences are due to different needs for different country where Z10 will be sold. All 3G models will use the TiOmap while the LTE models will use Snapdragon processors.

Get a Z10, you won't regret it. I'm just holding out till the 19th or after 19th so I can grab the LTE microsim from GLOBE for the Z10
    03-13-13 01:35 AM
    Well if you are on a 999 plan you do get upgraded to a 1.5 gig data cap. So that could be why you were able to download that.

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    Lol. That is BB Unlisurf Plan 999 which breakdown is BBMAX 599 + 400 consumable. That is different from regular Unlisurf Plan 999 which doesn't have free 400 consumable.

Edit: Let me try to download a 2gb file.
    03-13-13 01:41 AM
    Bbmax599 = 800 mb plus 400 consumable then that means a 1.2 gig data cap. So try downloading a 1.2 gig file today and a 1.3 gig file tomorrow for testing purposes. Haha.

03-13-13 02:11 AM
    Bbmax599 = 800 mb plus 400 consumable then that means a 1.2 gig data cap. So try downloading a 1.2 gig file today and a 1.3 gig file tomorrow for testing purposes. Haha.

So, I just talked to a globe rep if postpaid have data capping and she said it has and the same with prepaid which is 800mb. Lol.

Anyways, I will try to download large files tonight.
    03-13-13 04:21 AM
    Kababayans who already have z10.

Can u elaborate/give issues regarding it? I've read a couple if threads here stating issues. Im worried about overall opinion of the phone.

Thanks
    03-13-13 07:03 AM
    It depends on how much you love the BlackBerry platform. In my experience past BlackBerry users will tend to forgive the issues they encounter. Other converts however are quick to notice things that they took for granted on other phones.

I will not mince words here the z10 is an awesome phone by and large. However there are certain issues especially with people who early adopted it. I think the issues arise from using the unit on a carrier which isn't yet prepared to support the unit. In my case I was lucky to only encounter the failed to copy contacts issue. I have had no problems with BlackBerry Link or bbm or email. (well i couldn't access yahoo mail the other day but it was during the announced yahoo mail outage.)

Furthermore the z10 is primarily a COMMUNICATIONS phone. If you need a device that will handle your messages well and like a machine the z10 is for you while at the same time not sacrificing gaming or entertainment options. However with the current lack of major apps the device seems to be a niche market for now. How it will mature will depend entirely on consumer reaction and subsequently developer support. It's a catch-22 really. No apps means no consumers. But no consumers means no developers. That's why I chose to support this new platform. I want to see it succeed. Therefore it needs the support of consumers like you and me.

03-13-13 07:23 AM
    Well said @serahjessa.

Yes. Indeed. It is a com device and all issues are fixable. Point taken.

Just curious, you typed all that on the z10 keyboard? Wasn't it a chore? Lol.
    03-13-13 07:36 AM
    Well said @serahjessa.

Yes. Indeed. It is a com device and all issues are fixable. Point taken.

Just curious, you typed all that on the z10 keyboard? Wasn't it a chore? Lol.
    One hyphenated word: auto-correct.

serahjessa likes this.
    03-13-13 08:05 AM
    One hyphenated word: auto-correct.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to compose very long emails or texts using this phone. If I was using my 9900 my fingers would be strained by now. But no the auto correct on the z10 works 99.9% of the time and I just pound out on the keyboard and no matter how jumbled up the words are the auto correct does a very outstanding job of knowing which words I want to use.

It is the polar opposite of the auto correct on the iphone. Whereas the iphone auto correct would slow you down the z10 speeds your typing up because you no longer have to worry about hitting the keys perfectly. The software takes care of the rest. You can type two thumbs as I did with the 9900 and up to now or you can try the one handed flick gestures. I've personally not been a fan of the one thumb typing but I've heard that once you get used to that it's even less staining than twin thumbs as well as faster to boot.

Check all my recent posts here on cb they've been all very long posts because the keyboard is such a joy to use it makes want to type out long winded sentences.

PH_BB likes this.
    03-13-13 08:25 AM
    Just like SwiftKey. And it's nice that other platforms are improving their autocorrect software. But I'm still not set on buying a z10 at it's current price point. Maybe I'll wait for the q10 because I am a hardware keypad purist. But I highly doubt that the price would go down below 20k. The bb9900 is still expensive as a gs3. I just think that blackberry should offer more than just messaging if they want to compete in today's market. I used to be a blackberry enthusiast before I jumped in the android bandwagon. I saw how Limited BlackBerry is. personally, I'd just buy a 9320 or 9360 for the bb service and have an android device as my main phone.

03-13-13 09:03 AM
    you are with globe or smart? bbmax?
    Yes it will work on bbmax just set the correct apn for prepaid or postpaid

Im a globe postpaid and prepaid user. Both works fine
    03-13-13 11:38 AM
    BB Max works on z10? I thought only unlisurf or supersurf works on the z10, please help. im planning to get one soon. thanks.
    Yes bbmax can work just input the correct apn.

Thanks
    03-13-13 11:47 AM
    Yes bbmax can work just input the correct apn.

Thanks
    I think the Z10 only works with unlisurf Plan 999.. Not with BBMAX
    03-13-13 08:48 PM
    I think the Z10 only works with unlisurf Plan 999.. Not with BBMAX
    For now it still works with bbmax599 but it does encounter certain problems with bbm. On unlisurf there are no data problems.

03-13-13 09:27 PM

Not true.. remember that you dont need a bis plan anymore with the z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:28 PM
    Not true.. remember that you dont need a bis plan anymore with the z10.

Posted via CB10
    Which just sucks because what ever happened to the "exclusivity" of blackberry?

03-13-13 11:54 PM
    Why is it no longer exclusive if you don't have bis? What makes bis so special?

03-14-13 12:00 AM
    BIS is just for compressing data.... there's nothing EXCLUSIVE about it.

If you want HD streaming, video uploads etc. BIS cannot handle that..
    03-14-13 12:04 AM
9,279 ... 8889909192 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD