If I buy a used BB Bold 9900 that has 10 months remaining warranty from Globe but it is already Openline then the warranty is void, right?
    03-24-12 08:33 AM
    @cherylIMD: have you tried wiping your device? perhaps there are policies installed which prevent you from registering to other carriers. there are lots of threads here on wiping and reloading the OS.

edit: wiping your device could brick it. read carefully first the threads on wiping and reloading before proceeding.
    03-24-12 08:06 PM
    If I buy a used BB Bold 9900 that has 10 months remaining warranty from Globe but it is already Openline then the warranty is void, right?
    yes it will be void if you have it openlined.
    03-24-12 10:17 PM
    yes it will be void if you have it openlined.
    is it possible to relock it?

how aboutupgrsding the os, would that void the warranty too?

---------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    03-24-12 11:16 PM
    is it possible to relock it?

how aboutupgrsding the os, would that void the warranty too?

---------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    i don't think you can relock it.

upgrading the os should not void the warranty.
    03-25-12 12:32 AM
    Hi everyone!

I just want to ask if it's common for BIS to be disabled (i.e. the four dots disappear) if I use my BB as a tethered USB modem?

I'm using a BB Curve 9300 3G and am tethering it with a MacBook Pro. I am currently enrolled under Globe's BBMax service.

Thanks a lot!
    03-26-12 08:07 AM
    Hi everyone!

I just want to ask if it's common for BIS to be disabled (i.e. the four dots disappear) if I use my BB as a tethered USB modem?

I'm using a BB Curve 9300 3G and am tethering it with a MacBook Pro. I am currently enrolled under Globe's BBMax service.

Thanks a lot!
    yup that's normal.
    jaibautista likes this.
    03-26-12 08:30 AM
    yup that's normal.
    Thanks sir trigo!

If I may ask another question, is it also normal for the blackberry handset to stop charging if the unit is quite hot to the touch?

I've noticed this morning, after waking up and checking my BB (which had been plugged the entire night to the MBP as I've used it as my Interned modem), that it's got the plugged battery icon, but with the battery icon not full. When I unplugged the BB from the USB cable, the battery icon changed to yellow and is nearly drained; I assumed the BB had not been charging at all the entire time it was plugged.

When I charged the BB using its regular wall socket charger, it wouldn't charge as well; there were times that the lightning rod battery icon would appear, which would be then replaced by the plugged battery icon (that is not fully charged).

But after letting the BB cool for a few minutes and then charging it again using the wall socket charger, it charged normally.

Is this a safety feature of BBs? Or is there something wrong with my BB's charging circuit?

I've been looking around the net for a compelling answer but I have yet to find one.

Thanks a lot again!
    03-26-12 09:40 AM
    Thanks sir trigo!

If I may ask another question, is it also normal for the blackberry handset to stop charging if the unit is quite hot to the touch?

I've noticed this morning, after waking up and checking my BB (which had been plugged the entire night to the MBP as I've used it as my Interned modem), that it's got the plugged battery icon, but with the battery icon not full. When I unplugged the BB from the USB cable, the battery icon changed to yellow and is nearly drained; I assumed the BB had not been charging at all the entire time it was plugged.

When I charged the BB using its regular wall socket charger, it wouldn't charge as well; there were times that the lightning rod battery icon would appear, which would be then replaced by the plugged battery icon (that is not fully charged).

But after letting the BB cool for a few minutes and then charging it again using the wall socket charger, it charged normally.

Is this a safety feature of BBs? Or is there something wrong with my BB's charging circuit?

I've been looking around the net for a compelling answer but I have yet to find one.

Thanks a lot again!
    haven't really encountered that, normally my unit doesn't really get hot while charging and normally i charge it overnight and plug it out before i leave.

you can try using another charger or charge via usb and see if is the same, you might have a problematic battery.
    jaibautista likes this.
    03-26-12 07:52 PM
    @cherylIMD: have you tried wiping your device? perhaps there are policies installed which prevent you from registering to other carriers. there are lots of threads here on wiping and reloading the OS.

edit: wiping your device could brick it. read carefully first the threads on wiping and reloading before proceeding.
    i've used the JL_cmder as well as the crackUtil and even followed the steps on recovering a bricked bb..so far i've done the steps correctly and the OS load went smoothly,but i still yield the same result each time..its kinda frustrating though,i've actually given up now..been beating up myself why i ever did that OS upgrade in the first place
    03-27-12 04:40 AM
    Thanks sir trigo!
    03-27-12 05:28 AM
    Any SMART user her i registered to SMART SOCIAL DAY send to 2207 got a sms that im im registered but i cant use it help me plss guys thanks
    03-27-12 06:37 AM
    Any SMART user her i registered to SMART SOCIAL DAY send to 2207 got a sms that im im registered but i cant use it help me plss guys thanks
    social day is for one day only, what do you mean you can't use it? that's bbm and social apps only.
    03-27-12 02:48 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I have a question. I'll be going to Hong Kong next week and I'm on Globe prepaid. I activated my roaming already on the day that I arrive in HK. I'm currently subscribed with BB Messaging plan. Question, will my emails and BBM work while I'm in HK? Thanks in advance!
    03-28-12 01:54 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I have a question. I'll be going to Hong Kong next week and I'm on Globe prepaid. I activated my roaming already on the day that I arrive in HK. I'm currently subscribed with BB Messaging plan. Question, will my emails and BBM work while I'm in HK? Thanks in advance!
    1. since you are roaming, yes your emails and bbm will work, but based on roaming rates or $0.55/kb.
    2. you can opt to turn off roaming then just use wifi when available.
    3. check out globe's powerroam prepaid. i tried this and it is way way cheaper at only $0.13/kb.
    03-28-12 07:20 AM
    Anybody here fixed the mobile hotspot?
    03-28-12 07:37 PM

Is it broken?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-29-12 02:01 AM
    for globe, i used globe as username and blank password, works using v7.1.205
    03-29-12 04:34 AM
    for globe, i used globe as username and blank password, works using v7.1.205
    Would updating my 9790 (from Globe) to 7.1.336 void the warranty knowing that this firmware is not yet official with globe?
    03-29-12 08:30 AM
    Hello everyone,
    wouldnt it be easier to just get a prepaid card in hongkong and use prepaid BIS there? thats what i usually do when i leave the philippines... if you're in hongkong for more than a week.. try googling for prepaid sim cards that offer BIS.. if not as trigo said... theres wifi hotspots you can use
    03-29-12 08:37 AM
    i've used the JL_cmder as well as the crackUtil and even followed the steps on recovering a bricked bb..so far i've done the steps correctly and the OS load went smoothly,but i still yield the same result each time..its kinda frustrating though,i've actually given up now..been beating up myself why i ever did that OS upgrade in the first place
    from your info.. im assuming you have 2 bb's? have you tried swapping the sim cards? i mean in the bb that isnt working.. try putting the globe sim into another bb and seeing if you're able to bbm/ym from there? we're trying to cover all possibilities here... i really cannot see why this problem would exist with you...
    03-29-12 08:40 AM
    Would updating my 9790 (from Globe) to 7.1.336 void the warranty knowing that this firmware is not yet official with globe?
    globe would tell you yes.. but then how would they know if you upgraded your phone? they cant track its firmware... thats why they have the sticker inside the globe phones... "warranty voided if broken"
    03-29-12 08:42 AM
    globe would tell you yes.. but then how would they know if you upgraded your phone? they cant track its firmware... thats why they have the sticker inside the globe phones... "warranty voided if broken"
    Right. I'm a first time BB user but have a lot of experience with Electronics. If that's the case, then I assume you can always downgrade your BB if ever you upgraded it to an unsupported firmware, right?
    03-29-12 08:51 AM
    Right. I'm a first time BB user but have a lot of experience with Electronics. If that's the case, then I assume you can always downgrade your BB if ever you upgraded it to an unsupported firmware, right?
    yes you can downgrade your OS.
    03-29-12 10:17 AM
    Is it broken?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Nope! Asking username and password for my network provider.
    03-29-12 09:48 PM
9,279 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD