hi, i followed your advise..i re-added my friend's pin and vice versa but i still ddnt receive the invitation and neither did my friend..I've also received a confirmation msg saying that my BB subscription is now active..yes, my 3G are all capital letters but i dont see any 4 dots

I went back to Globe CS Center, they advised me to do a handheld wipe and start fresh..I back up globe service books on my DM and restored it after the wipe then did a battery pull..but its still the same..

BTW, can i ask any BB torch 9800 Globe users if their "Host Routing Table" has some entries? coz mine just says *no entries*...im not sure but do i need them to be configured with only BB social subscription? thanks
    Last edited by cherylMD; 03-17-12 at 10:06 AM.
    03-17-12 08:11 AM
    hi, i followed your advise..i re-added my friend's pin and vice versa but i still ddnt receive the invitation and neither did my friend..I've also received a confirmation msg saying that my BB subscription is now active..yes, my 3G are all capital letters but i dont see any 4 dots

I went back to Globe CS Center, they advised me to do a handheld wipe and start fresh..I back up globe service books on my DM and restored it after the wipe then did a battery pull..but its still the same..

BTW, can i ask any BB torch 9800 Globe users if their "Host Routing Table" has some entries? coz mine just says *no entries*...im not sure but do i need them to be configured with only BB social subscription? thanks
    have you done, send service books?
    03-19-12 03:25 AM
    Hi guys,

any luck sa mobile hotspot, was able to upgrade my 9900 to 7.1 with globe.

Prepaid: BBMAX599 subsribed
    apn: http.globe.com.ph

but still encountering an error when enabling the mobile hotspot (using 'globe' username/password)

would really appreciate for you help...

TIA
    03-19-12 03:42 AM
    have you done, send service books?
    ive restored the Globe service books i backed up previously via DM and went back to Globe CS office(for the 3rd time) to confirm, The rep said, my service books are correct (though,im not sure the Globe CS are competent or even know what they're doing on advanced blackberry troubleshooting)..so taking their word,i assume i got it..
    03-19-12 06:46 AM
    Hi guys,

any luck sa mobile hotspot, was able to upgrade my 9900 to 7.1 with globe.

Prepaid: BBMAX599 subsribed
    apn: http.globe.com.ph

but still encountering an error when enabling the mobile hotspot (using 'globe' username/password)

would really appreciate for you help...

TIA
    if you are on postpaid use:

apn: internet.globe.com.ph
    username: globe
    password: (blank)

works with me. good luck.
    03-19-12 07:52 AM
    ive restored the Globe service books i backed up previously via DM and went back to Globe CS office(for the 3rd time) to confirm, The rep said, my service books are correct (though,im not sure the Globe CS are competent or even know what they're doing on advanced blackberry troubleshooting)..so taking their word,i assume i got it..
    go to setup/email accounts

menu/service books
    03-19-12 07:53 AM
    go to setup/email accounts

menu/service books
    can you use your bbm via wifi?

do you see the bb logo beside the carrier logo?

GPRS/EDGE/3G or gprs/edge/3g?
    03-19-12 07:55 AM
    if you are on postpaid use:

apn: internet.globe.com.ph
    username: globe
    password: (blank)

works with me. good luck.
    i'm on PREPAID. or the MOBILE HOTSPOT works only in POSTPAID???
    03-19-12 08:30 PM
    Hi! Last week I registered to BBMAX 599 and I did not get any confirmation SMS that I am already registered. But when I checked the status of BBMAX 599, it said I am already subscribing to their servicee. My problem is that, I don't seem to be connected!
    I tried to browse and an error message pops out that says:

"There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later"

I can't use BBM also.

Model: Blackberry Bold 9900 (Bought from Singapore)
    Carrier: Globe
    APN: http.globe.com.ph (based on the SMS by globe for first time users)

Can anyone help me please?
    03-19-12 08:47 PM
    prepaid should be http.globe.com.ph
    03-19-12 09:43 PM
    Hi! Last week I registered to BBMAX 599 and I did not get any confirmation SMS that I am already registered. But when I checked the status of BBMAX 599, it said I am already subscribing to their servicee. My problem is that, I don't seem to be connected!
    I tried to browse and an error message pops out that says:

"There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later"

I can't use BBM also.

Model: Blackberry Bold 9900 (Bought from Singapore)
    Carrier: Globe
    APN: http.globe.com.ph (based on the SMS by globe for first time users)

Can anyone help me please?
    what is the status of your mobile signal?

gprs/edge/3g or GPRS/EDGE/3G?
    03-19-12 09:45 PM
    what is the status of your mobile signal?

gprs/edge/3g or GPRS/EDGE/3G?
    The status of my Signal is 3g(yes, it is in small caps), but when I send SMS it changes to GSM. What should i do?

Some other details: I am on prepaid service and I haven't registered in globe.blackberry.com
    Last edited by Jokerjuno; 03-19-12 at 10:49 PM.
    03-19-12 10:47 PM
    prepaid should be http.globe.com.ph
    yup. but mobile hotspot is not workin...
    03-19-12 11:36 PM
    can you use your bbm via wifi?

do you see the bb logo beside the carrier logo?

GPRS/EDGE/3G or gprs/edge/3g?
    i cant use BBm via wifi though and my signal says only small letters 3g/gprs/edge..
    i've complained to globe about this problem, i ask them to forward to me the host routing table on my BB since i am still under subscribed to their bb social, but they say they cant do it coz my signal is in gprs/edge..so i ask them if they can register my bb on their network manually since i dont receive any reply/sms when i tried to register to wireless network, i.e. options>host routing table>register now...i am expecting that I should receive a msg being that I am currently subsribed to bb social? also,i cant register my imei and pin at globe.blackberry.com since email and browsing services are not enabled in globe bb social...is there a fix on this why globe doesnt register my torch after i did a handheld wipe and os update?
    03-20-12 02:58 AM
    The status of my Signal is 3g(yes, it is in small caps), but when I send SMS it changes to GSM. What should i do?

Some other details: I am on prepaid service and I haven't registered in globe.blackberry.com
    it seems like you have no blackberry service yet with the telco, try turning off the mobile network under connections and turning back on. else you might need to contact globe support.

to know that you have bb service, they would send you a message that your unit is registered to the wireless network.
    03-20-12 03:09 AM
    the mobile hotspot should work on both prepaid and postpaid, with the correct APN.
    03-20-12 03:10 AM
    i cant use BBm via wifi though and my signal says only small letters 3g/gprs/edge..
    i've complained to globe about this problem, i ask them to forward to me the host routing table on my BB since i am still under subscribed to their bb social, but they say they cant do it coz my signal is in gprs/edge..so i ask them if they can register my bb on their network manually since i dont receive any reply/sms when i tried to register to wireless network, i.e. options>host routing table>register now...i am expecting that I should receive a msg being that I am currently subsribed to bb social? also,i cant register my imei and pin at globe.blackberry.com since email and browsing services are not enabled in globe bb social...is there a fix on this why globe doesnt register my torch after i did a handheld wipe and os update?
    a message from Blackberry under subject Registration with, Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network you should receive when doing the register now or if you are new and they have registered you.

registering under globe.blackberry.com is only for postpaid and if you do bb relay fee with them. i too even on postpaid using keyword subscription cannot register there.

i guess your problem lies on their system not on your handheld. i had that problem before with smart and it is quite hard to communicate with incompetent CSR since all they know is reboot and wipe which should be the very last thing anyone should do. what i did was told them to check my account under their system coz i was registered on record but it wont show (with capital mobile network, like GPRS/EDGE/3G and the bb logo on the side).
    Jokerjuno and cherylMD like this.
    03-20-12 03:16 AM
    it seems like you have no blackberry service yet with the telco, try turning off the mobile network under connections and turning back on. else you might need to contact globe support.

to know that you have bb service, they would send you a message that your unit is registered to the wireless network.

I tried turning off the mobile network under connection and turning it back on, i even did a battery pull but it still is not connected. I may have to go to a globe office to fix this. Thank you for your time! I appreciate it.
    03-20-12 03:41 AM
    I tried turning off the mobile network under connection and turning it back on, i even did a battery pull but it still is not connected. I may have to go to a globe office to fix this. Thank you for your time! I appreciate it.
    I just came home from globe office, it seems that my ROAMING is still active!!! After they turned roaming off, my 3g became 3G and now I can see GPRS/EDGE also. I just want to share!
    03-20-12 05:19 AM
    I just came home from globe office, it seems that my ROAMING is still active!!! After they turned roaming off, my 3g became 3G and now I can see GPRS/EDGE also. I just want to share!
    you are online to BB service now!
    03-20-12 06:32 AM

3G being in all caps should show you also 4 dots right next to it. meaning that you have BIS enabled... or at least capital GPRS... if it shows lower caps 3g and gprs it means you arent getting any BIS data services. Im using globes services too and never had to anything with the "host routing table" but it wouldnt hurt for you to try registering

Globe, whether in SM / Ketkai or anywhere else wont help you much because the phone that you purchased wasnt provided by them....

my host routing table has entries in them...

3 for gprs 1 for wifi

supposedly once registering to any of globes bb service... disable all networks... count to 10 and then re enable the mobile network...and then you get the 3G and four dots... you've got the 3G but no four dots... so.... im guessing now... have you tried going into your mobile network settings? and making sure that data services are set to on? it could be that your phone is set to data services off...

manage connections > mobile network connections options > data services > on

hope this is the reason why you're fb isnt working

added : do u have your roaming on? if yes... turn that off first..
    Last edited by gedubraks; 03-21-12 at 04:51 AM.
    03-21-12 04:43 AM
    attention all globe prepaid users registering to any bb data plan... please make sure all other promos such as for roaming are off... this is one of the hassling things of using prepaid... something so simple... makes getting bb services seem so complicated
    03-21-12 04:50 AM
    3G being in all caps should show you also 4 dots right next to it. meaning that you have BIS enabled... or at least capital GPRS... if it shows lower caps 3g and gprs it means you arent getting any BIS data services. Im using globes services too and never had to anything with the "host routing table" but it wouldnt hurt for you to try registering

Globe, whether in SM / Ketkai or anywhere else wont help you much because the phone that you purchased wasnt provided by them....

my host routing table has entries in them...

3 for gprs 1 for wifi

supposedly once registering to any of globes bb service... disable all networks... count to 10 and then re enable the mobile network...and then you get the 3G and four dots... you've got the 3G but no four dots... so.... im guessing now... have you tried going into your mobile network settings? and making sure that data services are set to on? it could be that your phone is set to data services off...

manage connections > mobile network connections options > data services > on

hope this is the reason why you're fb isnt working

added : do u have your roaming on? if yes... turn that off first..

my phone is on gprs/edge/3g all on small letters,there wasnt any small dots either...my data services is already on as default..regaring the "host routing table", thats the problem coz no matter how many times i send a "registration message" via host routing table, i could never receive a msg confirming that my handheld was successfully registered to the wireless network,hence the empty host routing table

as for roaming, my simcard has never been outside the country and was never activated for roaming service

btw, this problem started when I updated my OS from 6.0.0.2 to the latest OS 6.0.0.7...i did a downgrade to .2 but the problem of unable to receive "registration confirmation message from the wireless network" remains...even tried it on smart, and sun as well as an activated globe postpaid bb data plan..the bb data service was activated on all simcards and the signal still remain on small letters..i am still not able to use BBM or social apps..so now i think the defect lies on my handheld ..and btw the the postpaid sim could not register on the globe blackberry site coz the BB data plan is only for BBM
    Last edited by cherylMD; 03-22-12 at 01:47 PM.
    03-22-12 01:30 PM
    a message from Blackberry under subject Registration with, Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network you should receive when doing the register now or if you are new and they have registered you.

registering under globe.blackberry.com is only for postpaid and if you do bb relay fee with them. i too even on postpaid using keyword subscription cannot register there.

i guess your problem lies on their system not on your handheld. i had that problem before with smart and it is quite hard to communicate with incompetent CSR since all they know is reboot and wipe which should be the very last thing anyone should do. what i did was told them to check my account under their system coz i was registered on record but it wont show (with capital mobile network, like GPRS/EDGE/3G and the bb logo on the side).
    thanks..so i had assumed that it could be due to the network problem and inserted another simcard (smart & sun) both have activated bb data plans but i still could not receive the "registration message confirmation" so i cant access all social and im apps
    03-22-12 01:45 PM
    can you check that your mobile network has data services on and try turning off roaming?
    03-22-12 07:34 PM
9,279 ... 7273747576 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD