And so the question becomes: do you have to subscribe to a bb data whenever you switch simcards of the same network? And will bes still be active when you switch?

I understand you are on BES but then since you went to just switch to prepaid simcard you can just subscribe BIS? Coz globe prepaid only offers BIS... And you have that sim card plugged in your handset which I assume have active BES.

Sorry for asking too much questions, I still don't understand the idea of switching simcards from postpaid to prepaid at will (or everytime you go beyond your budget).
    What I did then was when the data allocation for my old business postpaid line was used up, I switch to a Globe prepaid SIM and register to the daily or 5-days BB service. My postpaid line then was on BIS and not BES, so I never had any problems switching SIM cards as long as they are on the same network. I do not know anyone who used both so I cant really answer that question.
    12-29-11 02:36 AM
    What I did then was when the data allocation for my old business postpaid line was used up, I switch to a Globe prepaid SIM and register to the daily or 5-days BB service. My postpaid line then was on BIS and not BES, so I never had any problems switching SIM cards as long as they are on the same network. I do not know anyone who used both so I cant really answer that question.
    I see, so that's 2 simultaneous active BIS subscription on one handset on the same network? One postpaid and one prepaid... But only one is turned on at a time... And BIS works eitherway?
    12-29-11 06:32 AM
    I see, so that's 2 simultaneous active BIS subscription on one handset on the same network? One postpaid and one prepaid... But only one is turned on at a time... And BIS works eitherway?
    Yes that's correct It worked well for me.
    Now that there's BBMax, I only have one personal post paid line that I use for my BlackBerry.
    12-31-11 02:45 AM
    Hi guys, I'm selling my silver 9810 and my GF's white 9810. The silver one has a few scracthes and scuffs while the white one is minty clean.

If anyone is interested, email me [email protected] or sms (only) me 09178848363
    01-07-12 04:33 PM
    Hi guys, I'm selling my silver 9810 and my GF's white 9810. The silver one has a few scracthes and scuffs while the white one is minty clean.

If anyone is interested, email me [email protected] or sms (only) me 09178848363
    You might want to try posting it here - CB Market place
    01-12-12 07:39 AM
    9790 availability here in Pinas? do someone know when?
    01-15-12 08:38 PM
    9790 availability here in Pinas? do someone know when?
    Its already available. Check it online, eBay.ph. Much cheaper than in malls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tanaydana; 01-15-12 at 08:50 PM.
    01-15-12 08:42 PM
    Guys, anyone here from Singapore? How's the BIackBerry Internet Service there? Will be at SG for a couple of months. Globe subscriber here from PH, will get a prepaid SIM card there instead of intl roaming via Globe. Which is better? What are the basics? Thanks!

01-15-12 08:48 PM
    Its already available. Check it online, eBay.ph. Much cheaper than in malls.

Kimstore Shop Electronics Cell Phones - Kimstore Online Shop - Multiply Marketplace Philippines
    01-17-12 01:13 PM
    Guys, anyone here from Singapore? How's the BIackBerry Internet Service there? Will be at SG for a couple of months. Globe subscriber here from PH, will get a prepaid SIM card there instead of intl roaming via Globe. Which is better? What are the basics? Thanks!

Hi! Get a prepaid sim card there! Then just tell people to contact you through ym or fb. They have really really fast internet and I really felt the H+ power of my bb over there.

I got a GREEN STARHUB prepaid sim card for 15sgd. It was preloaded with 13sgd i think. I registered to their prepaid BIS service for 3 days (10sgd). They also have longer subscription. It is a lot cheaper in the long run because text messages on GLOBE roaming have very steep charges.

I was worried at first (issue about network locking of the bb to globe), but i didn't encounter any problem at all!

Just look up STARHUB PREPAID BLACKBERY INTERNET SERVICE. I cant post links yet
    Last edited by maroonedfrancis; 01-18-12 at 08:07 AM.
    01-18-12 08:02 AM
    Hi! Get a prepaid sim card there! Then just tell people to contact you through ym or fb. They have really really fast internet and I really felt the H+ power of my bb over there.

I got a GREEN STARHUB prepaid sim card for 15sgd. It was preloaded with 13sgd i think. I registered to their prepaid BIS service for 3 days (10sgd). They also have longer subscription. It is a lot cheaper in the long run because text messages on GLOBE roaming have very steep charges.

I was worried at first (issue about network locking of the bb to globe), but i didn't encounter any problem at all!

Just look up STARHUB PREPAID BLACKBERY INTERNET SERVICE. I cant post links yet

Thanks for the tip! However I have a question regarding using BBM in SG, does it work over WIFI? Even without BIS?
    Thank you.

01-18-12 08:11 AM
    nope it does not work over wifi. you need to subscribe to BIS regardless of country.
    01-19-12 12:56 AM
    Thanks for the tip! However I have a question regarding using BBM in SG, does it work over WIFI? Even without BIS?

Thank you.

Yup. That's the bad thing about the BIS.

There are rumors going around that BBX will drop the NOC/BIS. So ,maybe by then ,we can just BBM without worrying if it will work wherever we are.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-21-12 02:23 AM
    Thank you.

Hmm, It depends. If you use leaked software, it's more likely that you will get to use your BIS over wifi. But I wouldn't gamble on that if I were you. However, I think if right now your bb's BIS can run over wifi, then it will do the same thing in SG. I was actually initially able to run my BIS over wifi when I was there, but I must have tweaked something so that after 2 days it stopped working.

I understand BIS working over wifi shouldn't happen at all. However, I have experienced this many times, first when I was on my Torch, and now on my Bold. It's not consistent though. However, I can say with all certainty that it is possible
    01-21-12 11:59 AM
    Ive been using my BB for a few months now and ive been happy with globe for the most part. A few days ago, bbm started having problems. Some of my messages never get delivered. I recieve messages in bulk.. hours after theyre sent. Also, i cant seem to log in on YM. Is the problem with my phone? or globe? or BBM?
    ChrissyP30 likes this.
    01-23-12 01:24 AM
    Hello.

I am a new blackberry user and I am glad to find this forum. I'm sure you guys know how frustrating it is to talk to customer service techs who do not have first hand experience of what they are talking about. I hope that fellow users here can help me with my issues.

Here it goes: I'm having problems with the tapatalk app. Im using a 9300 on Globe with bb max. The app works fine when on wifi but when on 3g, it seems that I am not logged in, and only have guest privelages on the forum I'm am accessing. This is true for all forums that I try to access.

I wrote tapatalk support already and did all the troubleshooting until he came to a conclusion that it is a network problem. Specifically, the network is dropping the forum cookies necessary to stay logged in. Since it was a network issue, I got intouch with globe and I didn't get any help. They just keep on asking me to do soft reset and hard reset. Frustrating!

It is hard for me to believe that I am the only person on globe who is trying to use the tapatalk app on 3g.

I hope other globe users can share their experience and hopefully help me sort this out.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I am now on wifi

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    01-25-12 12:17 AM
    Hello.

I am a new blackberry user and I am glad to find this forum. I'm sure you guys know how frustrating it is to talk to customer service techs who do not have first hand experience of what they are talking about. I hope that fellow users here can help me with my issues.

Here it goes: I'm having problems with the tapatalk app. Im using a 9300 on Globe with bb max. The app works fine when on wifi but when on 3g, it seems that I am not logged in, and only have guest privelages on the forum I'm am accessing. This is true for all forums that I try to access.

I wrote tapatalk support already and did all the troubleshooting until he came to a conclusion that it is a network problem. Specifically, the network is dropping the forum cookies necessary to stay logged in. Since it was a network issue, I got intouch with globe and I didn't get any help. They just keep on asking me to do soft reset and hard reset. Frustrating!

It is hard for me to believe that I am the only person on globe who is trying to use the tapatalk app on 3g.

I hope other globe users can share their experience and hopefully help me sort this out.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I am now on wifi

Is BIS-B checked off on your tapatalk settings?

01-25-12 02:22 AM
    Is BIS-B checked off on your tapatalk settings?

Hi rafiks,

Yup. BIS-B checked, APN unchecked and set default on BIS-B as well. Tapatalk totally doesn't work when APN is checked. IP settings use APN but without authentication.

Without changing anything, it seems that it now works but only on crackberry. The other forums I visit still have the same problems mentioned above. A fellow from another forum said that it could be caused by an old tapatalk enabler version on the forum server, but it works on my device when on wifi. Is it also possible that all forums I visit, except this one have old enabler versions?

Btw, got a sms from globe tech support asking me to put my simcard on another phone and try again. I almost fell off my chair!

Thanks again in advance!

01-25-12 10:12 AM
    Hi rafiks,

Yup. BIS-B checked, APN unchecked and set default on BIS-B as well. Tapatalk totally doesn't work when APN is checked. IP settings use APN but without authentication.

Without changing anything, it seems that it now works but only on crackberry. The other forums I visit still have the same problems mentioned above. A fellow from another forum said that it could be caused by an old tapatalk enabler version on the forum server, but it works on my device when on wifi. Is it also possible that all forums I visit, except this one have old enabler versions?

Btw, got a sms from globe tech support asking me to put my simcard on another phone and try again. I almost fell off my chair!

Thanks again in advance!

You should go to the tapatalk thread ,the Dev can help you there.

Sorry couldn't be of any more help.

01-25-12 05:48 PM
    You should go to the tapatalk thread ,the Dev can help you there.

Sorry couldn't be of any more help.

No worries rafiks. I'll try the developers. But, if you don't mind me asking, what network are you using?

Thanks!

01-26-12 01:44 AM
    hey! add me up on your bbm list contact! hit me a message. im a newbie.. thanks! male/california/usa. thnkx.
    01-26-12 01:53 AM
    hey! add me up on your bbm list contact! hit me a message. im a newbie.. thanks! male/california/usa. thnkx.
    This is not an AOL chatroom where people add random people on BBM
    ench18 and evil.bunny like this.
    01-26-12 03:02 AM
    No worries rafiks. I'll try the developers. But, if you don't mind me asking, what network are you using?

Thanks!

I use verizon coz I'm in the states. Use to be a Globe subscriber.

01-26-12 03:13 AM
    ive been using my bb for a few months now and ive been happy with globe for the most part. A few days ago, bbm started having problems. Some of my messages never get delivered. I recieve messages in bulk.. Hours after theyre sent. Also, i cant seem to log in on ym. Is the problem with my phone? Or globe? Or bbm?
    same here
    01-29-12 01:09 PM
    I need help with my Globe BB social on my torch 9800--been using globe for quiet sometime now on this with my 8520..what are the things I need to check on 9800 coz it seems like when I transfer it to the old 8520 (that I will get rid soon) BB social is working but NOT in the 9800..WIFI is good along with text, calls and files part so far but i wanna have BB social back---HELP!
    01-29-12 01:12 PM
9,279 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD