answers:
    1. YES, you cant have BES if you don't have BIS
    2. No, BES and BIS is unlimited. i dont know if there's such thing as "capped" BIS/BES but no, i havent heard of such. the 160 mb is for tethering in case you'd want to plug your bb in a laptop for internet usage to connect to globe internet since you are a business guy or (as i've heard) its an emergency bandwidth for third party apps if in case BES/BIS wont work.
    3. YES.
    4. neither. under browser configuration you may have "hotspot browser" or "globe" or "internet browser" set, hotspot browser is for wifi, globe is for the 160mb, internet browser is for BIS/BES. so choose "internet browser". you also have to set the same in "general properties" I got charged for wap browsing when it was blank. so to make sure i wont use up my 160 mb, i checked the box for apn and authentication then set the APN, username and password to the word "blank","blank" and "blank" respectively. after doing this my third party apps used my BIS (which is unlimited) instead of the the 160mb.

and everything in bes or bis is compressed. the 160 mb is ok for regular use on blackberry apn using blackberry infrastructure on blackberry handsets using RIM's apps and emails... but 160 mb for regular browsing and regular internet use
    on globe apn for the month? ... thats impossible... try 160 mb per hour... thus, i conclude, its just for emergency.

to sum it up, you have 2 internet connections the blackberry apn using BIS/BES and the Globe APN. UNFORTUNATELY, bb's are capable of using both simlutaneously and thus the ballooning bill and the "i-thought-i'm-unlimited" scenario happens. so just follow my settings and you wont experience a 20 thousand bill.

and globe is one of the best BES/BIS provider so godspeed to globe (if there is one), its just that their people both in centers and over the phone are dumbestest (dumb of the dumbest) or probably they don't have time to read blackberry manuals for services and stuff ... they are better off if they'll scream at you "read your effing manual sir! that's your damn phone, not mine!" instead of providing stupid answers like what you had.

world peace to globe reps peace tayo ha.
    Thank you for the very detailed response. You made more sense in one post than the globe reps in hours of talking to them.

However, I have os ver 6 so I don't have the brower options that you mentioned. I just have one browser and I believe it automatically chooses the connection. The closest setting that I can see are the Broswer Push options. I turned off WAP push and just left MDS push on. Is this ok or will I be missing some functionality?

I will try your "blank" apn settings coz I think the idea is simply genius. Also, will removing the myglobe service books help in making sure the phone doesn't use WAP and, again, would I be missing some functionality?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ryanort; 11-19-11 at 09:08 AM.
    11-19-11 09:01 AM
    Thank you for the very detailed response. You made more sense in one post than the globe reps in hours of talking to them.

However, I have os ver 6 so I don't have the brower options that you mentioned. I just have one browser and I believe it automatically chooses the connection. The closest setting that I can see are the Broswer Push options. I turned off WAP push and just left MDS push on. Is this ok or will I be missing some functionality?

I will try your "blank" apn settings coz I think the idea is simply genius. Also, will removing the myglobe service books help in making sure the phone doesn't use WAP and, again, would I be missing some functionality?

Thanks again!
    I have 5. but let me try. open up the browser, then Menu>Options>Browser configuration> then select "Internet browser" then save changes made. then go back one screen. select "general properties" then select "internet browser" for default browser. and save changes made again if there are any prompts. then thats it.

for the wap push thing - mine is checked but thats because i rarely use the default browser, its just sooo slow. i use opera mini and bolt browser. it renders pages faster than the default one.

and don't remove service books. u might need them in the future. besides, if you will remove the wap service book, globe will just magically resend it back in without you knowing. there's no escape on that.

lastly, use the "thanks" button on this post. it would be an honor if you are the first crackberry user to thank me.
    ryanort likes this.
    11-19-11 09:29 AM
    I have 5. but let me try. open up the browser, then Menu>Options>Browser configuration> then select "Internet browser" then save changes made. then go back one screen. select "general properties" then select "internet browser" for default browser. and save changes made again if there are any prompts. then thats it.

for the wap push thing - mine is checked but thats because i rarely use the default browser, its just sooo slow. i use opera mini and bolt browser. it renders pages faster than the default one.

and don't remove service books. u might need them in the future. besides, if you will remove the wap service book, globe will just magically resend it back in without you knowing. there's no escape on that.

lastly, use the "thanks" button on this post. it would be an honor if you are the first crackberry user to thank me.
    Thanks done!

My browser options doesn't have Browser configuration. When I go to options it only has general, web content, text encoding, and clear data options. I guess this what they meant when they said that the browser options has been simplified in os ver 6. My gf's 9300 has these same options, also on os ver 6.

And you're right about the service books, I deleted the ones from globe but they magically appeared after restarting the phone.
    11-19-11 12:17 PM
    Reminder to all: Do not remove nor delete your service books! You will be needing that if you load any OS. Especially on OS6.
    11-19-11 07:11 PM
    Thanks done!

My browser options doesn't have Browser configuration. When I go to options it only has general, web content, text encoding, and clear data options. I guess this what they meant when they said that the browser options has been simplified in os ver 6. My gf's 9300 has these same options, also on os ver 6.

And you're right about the service books, I deleted the ones from globe but they magically appeared after restarting the phone.
    hi ryanort, i played around with a bb running 6.0. it was frustrating to NOT know what connection the browser was using... and you are right! everything was simplified... it was rather boring... i think OS 6.0 was designed for subscribers who are on unlimited data on both blackberry APN and globe APN... so the typing in of wrong APN and wrong username and password will do the trick for you and save your 160mb.

read this KB23699-Simplified browser selection in BlackBerry 6
    ryanort likes this.
    11-20-11 10:02 AM
    hi ryanort, i played around with a bb running 6.0. it was frustrating to NOT know what connection the browser was using... and you are right! everything was simplified... it was rather boring... i think OS 6.0 was designed for subscribers who are on unlimited data on both blackberry APN and globe APN... so the typing in of wrong APN and wrong username and password will do the trick for you and save your 160mb.
    Yup, pretty simple options for what is supposed to be a smart phone. I guess I have everything well understood by now, thanks to you. Cheers!
    11-20-11 06:30 PM
    Hi ALL,

I just want to ask from any Smart Gold Subscribers. I am using a Smart gold 1200 plan. If ever I will subscribe to any BB internet service either social or the other, would that be an additional charge or they would just take the charges from my PLan 1200? Thanks a lot. Hoping for your reply.
    11-20-11 11:00 PM
    Hi ALL,

I just want to ask from any Smart Gold Subscribers. I am using a Smart gold 1200 plan. If ever I will subscribe to any BB internet service either social or the other, would that be an additional charge or they would just take the charges from my PLan 1200? Thanks a lot. Hoping for your reply.
    of course it will be billed on top of your 1200. the 1200 is for calls to other nets or same net, AND sms to the same network

lets do some simple math:

plan 1.2k 1200 (350 sms smart to smart and 206 minutes of smart to other nets calls)
    BIS 999 (Blackberry internet Service - emails, messaging, browsing via bb apn)
    sms to other net 0
    IDD 0
    International roaming 0
    Value added services 0

total 2199

you'll pay 2199 at minimum, unless you have other VAS like call forwarding, voice mail or whatever...

It is just GOLD from smart... you haven't heard of PLATINUM from globe haven't you? it is already like paying a rent or an installment of a car or a house... isn't it crazy? well unless the cost is not an issue to you but since you have asked, it is an issue to you.
    Last edited by ZERO_C001; 11-23-11 at 12:08 AM.
    11-23-11 12:02 AM
    Hi ALL,

Yup it goes on top of the bill. I suggest you switch to Globe or put up a Globe number for BIS as they have better options (AND CHEAPER) than SMART.
    11-26-11 11:39 AM
    Hello, All.

Saan ba pwedeng mag pa-ayos ng BB?
    Not totally sira yung device but yung rubber ng phone sa gilid natuklap.

Nakikita na yung pindutan sa loob. I'm worrying baka may pumasok na something at masira yung sa loob.

I'm using BB Curve 8520.

Please advice.
    11-27-11 08:59 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to this blackberry stuff and I need to know something about my Globe plan. I tried getting the answers from Globe's customer service but frankly, I don't trust they know what they are saying. So here I am asking the experts ...

Here it goes...

My company provided me with a Bold 9780 with a Business Executive package 2499. I understand everything about the plan related to calls and text but what confuses me is the Data part. The plan includes BES which lets me access our corporate email and the plan also includes 160 mb of "Mobile Browsing".

My questions are:

1. Does BES automatically include BIS that would let me use BIS dependent services (BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Google talk, etc.) unlimited?
    2. Does using BES (or BIS if yes is the answer to 1.) uses up the 160 mb mobile browsing included in the plan?
    3. I am assuming that the 160 mb will only be used up if I put an APN under the TCP IP settings, is this correct?
    4. APN is blank but I can browse using the default browser, is this using BIS? Also, I check for unbilled charges and for that last 2 days that I started using the phone, there are charges for 1. WAP= P50+ and 2. Blackberry= P700+.

The answer I got from Globe's customer service is that BES/BIS will use up the 160 mb, which doesn't make sense since getting our corporate email would easily exceed that in a few days and I have not heard of any complaints form other users exceeding their limit. I got a different answer form Globe's technical support and they said that the corporate email is unlimited but everything else will use up the 160 mb. The second answer is more acceptable but still doesn't make sense since BIS services is not exclusive to email, right?

Hope someone can answer this for me since I can't seem to find the answere by searching online and from Globe itself.

Thanks!

Hi. I used to have the same exact plan 18 months ago. I have read the other members' responses so I wont focus on those anymore. I will just tell you about my experience using that plan.

My previous company gave me a Bold 9700 on the same exact plan. P2499/mo including unlimited calls and text to Globe & TM, 120 minutes calls to other networks, 300 local text to other networks, and 160mb data for BIS (We were under BIS not BES).

I used this plan for about 4 months and only exceeded the P2499 monthly bill twice - on my first & second months. But my other officemates always exceeded the plan, up to P16,000+! It was because they were getting WAP charges and whatnot. We asked Globe CS but all they can answer is they exceeded the 160MB allocation. Was it because of browsing, emails, using twitter and fb apps, bbm? None of them could answer.

So how did I manage to keep my usage within 160MB for the other months? First I modified settings on the emails so that I will receive the headers only, and filtered out email notifications from facebook, jobstreet, multiply, twitter, etc. (you can set this up on the site where you set up your email accounts. If you use BES, ask your IT admin). I also made sure I switched from Internet browser to Hotspot browser whenever I am browsing within a Wifi area. Because on OS5, the browser does not automatically switch to wifi browser like it does in OS6 (Yes you can upgrade to OS6 - but that's another topic). So if you dont switch it to Hotspot browser, even if you are connected to a wifi hotspot, you will still get charged extra per kb browsing.

Also, I have learned a trick which guaranteed me that I will not exceed my P2499 capped plan. As i mentioned above the allocated minutes/data usage for the plan, I have made my own computations based on the following items:

120 mins calls to other networks = P535.85
    300 local text to other networks = P139.97
    160MB BB Data = P7130.14
    TOTAL: P7799.96

These figures may appear to you as "excessive" when you text "plan unbilled" to 2312. But I have monitored the three months that my bill did not exceed P2499 is when the total of the unbilled charges is below P7799.96. My friends who are still on that plan can attest to the accuracy of this data. This was our fool-proof way to make sure we dont get charged excessively. One of them actually discussed this with a Globe CSR who had no idea what he was talking about, but when my friend got the bill, true enough he did not exceed P2499. Whenever his unbilled charges reach P7799.96, he switches to his prepaid number and subscribes to BBMax for a few days until his next cut off period. (AKALA NG MGA TAGA GLOBE MAUUTAKAN NILA TAYO HA! SUCK IT GLOBE!!! )

I also mentioned earlier that I only used the plan for about 4 months... it's not because I went crazy over monitoring my usage on a daily basis for fear of paying exorbitant fees... (this could be the case for some) but rather because I resigned from the company. I thought of surrendering my device and buy a new one, but terminating my 24-month contract seemed more practical then. However, I had to pay P23,000 for the unit and the contract termination. So now I'm just using my personal globe subscription on plan 599 plus I subscribe to BBMAX 599 (used to be more expensive!). I no longer have to monitor my data usage. Salamat kay Gerlad Anderson at sa BBMax!

Hope this provided you with some help in any way. Cheers!
    ryanort likes this.
    11-29-11 07:17 AM
    Thanks done!

I just read you are on OS6. So that means you dont have to switch from Internet browser to Hotspot browser. OS6 has this function to automatically select which one to use based on your active connection.

I also have to mention that when I switched my 9700 to OS 6, browsing was fine when I am connected to a wifi network, but does not work at all when I am not (although I use BBMax). I read somewhere that I have to delete "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" from the service books. True enough, my browser worked on 3G connection after that. I just have to delete this everytime I reboot, as it comes back after restarting your phone. So far, I never had any problems with my phone because of this. I've been doing it for a year now since I switched to OS6 12 months ago.

Oh, and now I also avoid using the built-in browser and just use Opera Mini browser. It's much faster and I dont get that "page too large to display" error message when I browse picture-heavy sites.

Good luck!
    jdesignz and ryanort like this.
    11-29-11 07:27 AM
    Hi there! I have an issue currently being worked on by Globe... A globe store even replaced my SIM but I still don't get the GPRS, EDGE and 3G(with BB logo). I even tried to use another Globe SIM but I got the same issue with it. I am currently subscribed to BBMAX 599 with my old Curve 8520, I bought a second hand phone from someone the other day and when I slip the SIM into the new phone, It showed my a gprs/edge/3G and it doesn't allow me to access my email, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc. How can we Fix this?
    Last edited by ronnel.gacutana; 12-14-11 at 02:18 AM. Reason: I replied to an old post not knowing that there were posts after it. :)
    12-14-11 02:07 AM
    Hi. I used to have the same exact plan 18 months ago. I have read the other members' responses so I wont focus on those anymore. I will just tell you about my experience using that plan.

My previous company gave me a Bold 9700 on the same exact plan. P2499/mo including unlimited calls and text to Globe & TM, 120 minutes calls to other networks, 300 local text to other networks, and 160mb data for BIS (We were under BIS not BES).

I used this plan for about 4 months and only exceeded the P2499 monthly bill twice - on my first & second months. But my other officemates always exceeded the plan, up to P16,000+! It was because they were getting WAP charges and whatnot. We asked Globe CS but all they can answer is they exceeded the 160MB allocation. Was it because of browsing, emails, using twitter and fb apps, bbm? None of them could answer.

So how did I manage to keep my usage within 160MB for the other months? First I modified settings on the emails so that I will receive the headers only, and filtered out email notifications from facebook, jobstreet, multiply, twitter, etc. (you can set this up on the site where you set up your email accounts. If you use BES, ask your IT admin). I also made sure I switched from Internet browser to Hotspot browser whenever I am browsing within a Wifi area. Because on OS5, the browser does not automatically switch to wifi browser like it does in OS6 (Yes you can upgrade to OS6 - but that's another topic). So if you dont switch it to Hotspot browser, even if you are connected to a wifi hotspot, you will still get charged extra per kb browsing.

Also, I have learned a trick which guaranteed me that I will not exceed my P2499 capped plan. As i mentioned above the allocated minutes/data usage for the plan, I have made my own computations based on the following items:

120 mins calls to other networks = P535.85
    300 local text to other networks = P139.97
    160MB BB Data = P7130.14
    TOTAL: P7799.96

These figures may appear to you as "excessive" when you text "plan unbilled" to 2312. But I have monitored the three months that my bill did not exceed P2499 is when the total of the unbilled charges is below P7799.96. My friends who are still on that plan can attest to the accuracy of this data. This was our fool-proof way to make sure we dont get charged excessively. One of them actually discussed this with a Globe CSR who had no idea what he was talking about, but when my friend got the bill, true enough he did not exceed P2499. Whenever his unbilled charges reach P7799.96, he switches to his prepaid number and subscribes to BBMax for a few days until his next cut off period. (AKALA NG MGA TAGA GLOBE MAUUTAKAN NILA TAYO HA! SUCK IT GLOBE!!! )

I also mentioned earlier that I only used the plan for about 4 months... it's not because I went crazy over monitoring my usage on a daily basis for fear of paying exorbitant fees... (this could be the case for some) but rather because I resigned from the company. I thought of surrendering my device and buy a new one, but terminating my 24-month contract seemed more practical then. However, I had to pay P23,000 for the unit and the contract termination. So now I'm just using my personal globe subscription on plan 599 plus I subscribe to BBMAX 599 (used to be more expensive!). I no longer have to monitor my data usage. Salamat kay Gerlad Anderson at sa BBMax!

hi,

- i am in doubt on the part where your friend "just switch" to prepaid sim card and use the same handset. afaik you cannot have 2 simcards provisioned to BIS with only one PIN/handset. please explain.

- and how is it that BB data is metered? afaik wap is metered.. like per kb charging, but BB apn is unlimited... but please reply with your explanation.

enlighten me on those 2 critical questions please.
    12-14-11 09:41 PM
    Hi there! I have an issue currently being worked on by Globe... A globe store even replaced my SIM but I still don't get the GPRS, EDGE and 3G(with BB logo). I even tried to use another Globe SIM but I got the same issue with it. I am currently subscribed to BBMAX 599 with my old Curve 8520, I bought a second hand phone from someone the other day and when I slip the SIM into the new phone, It showed my a gprs/edge/3G and it doesn't allow me to access my email, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc. How can we Fix this?
    i will explain this in a very funny way. to add drama, everything is already boring here.

your simcard is married to your bb8520. (8520's PIN is Provisioned to BIS BBMAX 599 with SIM card )

simcard tried to mate with second hand BB (simcard inserted in another BBhandset not provisioned to BB DATA in anyway)

obviously it wont work....

you have to file anullment or divorce (unsubscribe to BBMAX 599)

and then divorcee will remarry (subscribe to BBmax 599 with second hand BB)

thats how it works....

oh... one more thing, make sure second hand bb is not married anymore and is already divorced too!!! (second hand BB is unsubcribed to BIS with previous simcard)
    Last edited by ZERO_C001; 12-14-11 at 09:59 PM.
    ench18 likes this.
    12-14-11 09:54 PM
    Uhm, can anyone help me?

I have a Storm 9530 and I have already unlocked the mms and browser settings for it through the steps provided I've seen here at the forums.

But when I try to connect to the internet through the browser, it says "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your service provider."

I'm not on any post paid plan and I do not plan on getting one. How do I then connect to the internet?
    12-16-11 04:19 AM
    Magandang Araw Po sa Lahat�.. Just need some advice for my upcoming trip to MNL. Hopefully this is the appropriate forum for my questions.

I�m from the US and I�m visiting Manila in about a week and trying to get my cell phone ready for my 4 week trip. I have an AT&T BB Torch 9800 which I recently unlocked. I purchased a Globe Prepaid SIM Card which I plan to install on my phone as soon as I land in Manila so I can immediately text whoever is picking me up at the airport. I�ve done this before a few years ago with my previous Palm phone and it has worked great.

This is the first time I will use a BB Torch in Manila so I am a bit apprehensive. I think it should let me text and call without any problem, but I was wondering about the following:
    1. To fully utilize my phone�s capability, could I avail of the current Globe Blackberry Max offer so I can have full use of my Torch? i.e. internet access, BBM, tethering etc.
    2. Are there any settings that I need to do with the phone to make this work?
    3. If I change any settings, are these reversible so I can immediately re-use the phone without any problem as soon as I land in the US?
    4. If I can do all of this, how is the BBMax enabled? I�m assuming I should purchase a load of sufficient value to cover what I want to do (example: purchase and load P50, then text BBMax50 to 8888). Is this the process or do I have to go to a Globe store?

Sorry I am a bit �tanga� on this as I am not too tech savy and do not often go to Manila. Any advice is welcome. Salamat Po.
    I arrived in Manila and experienced the following. I'm hoping this write up helps whoever visits the Philippines and would like to use their US issued BB. Thanks to all those who help me answer questions prior to my arrival.

A. Prior to my trip, I unlocked my ATT BB Torch using one of the Crackberry unlock vendors/providers. ATT refused to give me an unlock code even if I said I was a 17 year customer claiming they have not yet released the unlock code for my 6 month old Torch. I bought a Globe Prepaid SIM from an eBay vendor which I brought with me to Manila. I also bought a P300 load via another eBay vendor. Since I will buy this load PRIOR to activating my SIM, I opted to buy the one that will send you the reload numbers and PIN via email, not the version that automatically sends you the load via text. The eBay vendors claim that either process will work but I was more comfortable doing the load AFTER I activated the phone in Manila.

B. Upon arrival in Manila, replacing the SIM and loading the P300 load was uneventful. I was able to talk and text immediately. As expected, all other phone features were not working and disabled at this time but at least it got me going to be connected to my family and friends.

C. After getting situated the next day, I started looking into trying to get my data services going. First, I tried the Globe�s offer of �FREE 250 Texts and 1 Hour of Mobile Internet� by texting FREE to 8888 (a limited time offer of Globe). After I changed my APN settings (see below) I was able to connect to the internet but through my Opera browser only and not the BB browser (not sure why).

I changed the BB settings as follows: Options �> Device �> Adv Systems Settings �> TCP IP and change the settings to the following: APN: http.globe.com.ph, leave user name and password blank. Note: before you change these APN settings, remember the previous settings on your phone. Also the AT&T pw is: cingular1

After signing up for the FREE offer, you will receive a text confirming what you have requested. At that point I was able to access the internet but only through my Opera browser. Once the one hour of free internet us done, you will again get a text confirming that it is done. Note that you will be charged a minimum of P5 for every time your try to connect to the internet. At this point make sure you turn off your internet data if you do not want to get your load depleted.

Once my FREE offer has expired, I reloaded my phone with enough credits to sign up for the Blackberry MAX (BBM599) promotion of Globe, allowing unlimited internet for 30 days. I added an additional load to cover my calls and texts. This allowed me to have unlimited internet for the rest of my 4 week trip. Interestingly, my phone�s BBM and BB browser started working as well which gave me full functionality of my Torch similar to my AT&T functionality in Michigan.

Please note that I only access gmail on my BB and it syncs flawlessly. BB Messenger and BB brower also works like normal. Interesting that aside from changing the TCP IP settings and the dialing prefix, no other settings have been changed on my phone.

The final test would be when I get back in the USA, if everything will work as before once I reinstall my ATT SIM Card and reset all settings as before.
    12-17-11 06:22 PM
    So now I'm just using my personal globe subscription on plan 599 plus I subscribe to BBMAX 599 (used to be more expensive!). I no longer have to monitor my data usage. Salamat kay Gerlad Anderson at sa BBMax!

I'm on bb plan 999 from Globe. This means we can surf/download as much as we want right?

You guys were talking about that 160mb limit which just got me confused. Are the new plans from globe all unlimited no matter which way you connect? (3g, bb apn, GPRS, etc)

And do the max plans eg. 599, 999, +++, include all services including BB protect, email sync, etc?

I literally just switched over to BB (from android) the other day so forgive me for all the questions

Thanks
    Mitch
    12-25-11 06:35 AM
    I arrived in Manila and experienced the following. I'm hoping this write up helps whoever visits the Philippines and would like to use their US issued BB. Thanks to all those who help me answer questions prior to my arrival.

A. Prior to my trip, I unlocked my ATT BB Torch using one of the Crackberry unlock vendors/providers. ATT refused to give me an unlock code even if I said I was a 17 year customer claiming they have not yet released the unlock code for my 6 month old Torch. I bought a Globe Prepaid SIM from an eBay vendor which I brought with me to Manila. I also bought a P300 load via another eBay vendor. Since I will buy this load PRIOR to activating my SIM, I opted to buy the one that will send you the reload numbers and PIN via email, not the version that automatically sends you the load via text. The eBay vendors claim that either process will work but I was more comfortable doing the load AFTER I activated the phone in Manila.

B. Upon arrival in Manila, replacing the SIM and loading the P300 load was uneventful. I was able to talk and text immediately. As expected, all other phone features were not working and disabled at this time but at least it got me going to be connected to my family and friends.

C. After getting situated the next day, I started looking into trying to get my data services going. First, I tried the Globe�s offer of �FREE 250 Texts and 1 Hour of Mobile Internet� by texting FREE to 8888 (a limited time offer of Globe). After I changed my APN settings (see below) I was able to connect to the internet but through my Opera browser only and not the BB browser (not sure why).

I changed the BB settings as follows: Options �> Device �> Adv Systems Settings �> TCP IP and change the settings to the following: APN: http.globe.com.ph, leave user name and password blank. Note: before you change these APN settings, remember the previous settings on your phone. Also the AT&T pw is: cingular1

After signing up for the FREE offer, you will receive a text confirming what you have requested. At that point I was able to access the internet but only through my Opera browser. Once the one hour of free internet us done, you will again get a text confirming that it is done. Note that you will be charged a minimum of P5 for every time your try to connect to the internet. At this point make sure you turn off your internet data if you do not want to get your load depleted.

Once my FREE offer has expired, I reloaded my phone with enough credits to sign up for the Blackberry MAX (BBM599) promotion of Globe, allowing unlimited internet for 30 days. I added an additional load to cover my calls and texts. This allowed me to have unlimited internet for the rest of my 4 week trip. Interestingly, my phone�s BBM and BB browser started working as well which gave me full functionality of my Torch similar to my AT&T functionality in Michigan.

Please note that I only access gmail on my BB and it syncs flawlessly. BB Messenger and BB brower also works like normal. Interesting that aside from changing the TCP IP settings and the dialing prefix, no other settings have been changed on my phone.

The final test would be when I get back in the USA, if everything will work as before once I reinstall my ATT SIM Card and reset all settings as before.
    That's good to hear everything went well for you bud.
    12-26-11 07:42 AM
    i will explain this in a very funny way. to add drama, everything is already boring here.

your simcard is married to your bb8520. (8520's PIN is Provisioned to BIS BBMAX 599 with SIM card )

simcard tried to mate with second hand BB (simcard inserted in another BBhandset not provisioned to BB DATA in anyway)

obviously it wont work....

you have to file anullment or divorce (unsubscribe to BBMAX 599)

and then divorcee will remarry (subscribe to BBmax 599 with second hand BB)

thats how it works....

oh... one more thing, make sure second hand bb is not married anymore and is already divorced too!!! (second hand BB is unsubcribed to BIS with previous simcard)
    That's a very well and funny explanation i must say.
    lj_onyx24 likes this.
    12-26-11 07:45 AM

hi,

- i am in doubt on the part where your friend "just switch" to prepaid sim card and use the same handset. afaik you cannot have 2 simcards provisioned to BIS with only one PIN/handset. please explain.

- and how is it that BB data is metered? afaik wap is metered.. like per kb charging, but BB apn is unlimited... but please reply with your explanation.

enlighten me on those 2 critical questions please.

Hi,

To answer your questions:

a. You can use as many different sim cards in your blackberry as long as it belongs to the same network. I have actually used 3 Globe sim cards on my device: One on business postpaid plan, one prepaid, and currently my personal postpaid plan. Never had a problem with that. I only had to re-activate my email settings when I switched sim card.

b. The Globe business post paid plan I had was metered. It only has an allocation of 160MB/month. Anything above that is charged Php0.15/kb. I am not sure how that works, but I'm glad I no longer use that plan.

Hope these answered your questions. Thanks!
    12-27-11 10:50 PM
    I'm on bb plan 999 from Globe. This means we can surf/download as much as we want right?

You guys were talking about that 160mb limit which just got me confused. Are the new plans from globe all unlimited no matter which way you connect? (3g, bb apn, GPRS, etc)

And do the max plans eg. 599, 999, +++, include all services including BB protect, email sync, etc?

I literally just switched over to BB (from android) the other day so forgive me for all the questions

Thanks
    Mitch
    Hi Mitch,

These are the new BlackBerry plans from Globe, right? I think that's what my sister's using now.

AFAIK, Plan 999 includes BBMAX, P400 consumable in calls and texts (cannot be used to subscribe to any unli-services), and 2 more freebies. This is actually a very good plan. And since it has BBMAX, then yes, all BB apps and push emails are included at no extra cost. You will only get extra charges when you use up the P400 for calls and texts and also if you subscribe to any other unli-services since that goes on top of your 999 bill.

Hope this helps!
    12-27-11 10:56 PM
    Hello, All.

Saan ba pwedeng mag pa-ayos ng BB?
    Not totally sira yung device but yung rubber ng phone sa gilid natuklap.

Nakikita na yung pindutan sa loob. I'm worrying baka may pumasok na something at masira yung sa loob.

I'm using BB Curve 8520.

Please advice.
    Greenhills? or try mo rin sa mga mall.
    12-28-11 01:08 AM
    Get a new BlackBerry

Sent from my BlackBerry P'9981 using Tapatalk
    12-28-11 01:28 PM
    Hi,

To answer your questions:

a. You can use as many different sim cards in your blackberry as long as it belongs to the same network. I have actually used 3 Globe sim cards on my device: One on business postpaid plan, one prepaid, and currently my personal postpaid plan. Never had a problem with that. I only had to re-activate my email settings when I switched sim card.

b. The Globe business post paid plan I had was metered. It only has an allocation of 160MB/month. Anything above that is charged Php0.15/kb. I am not sure how that works, but I'm glad I no longer use that plan.

Hope these answered your questions. Thanks!
    And so the question becomes: do you have to subscribe to a bb data whenever you switch simcards of the same network? And will bes still be active when you switch?

I understand you are on BES but then since you went to just switch to prepaid simcard you can just subscribe BIS? Coz globe prepaid only offers BIS... And you have that sim card plugged in your handset which I assume have active BES.

Sorry for asking too much questions, I still don't understand the idea of switching simcards from postpaid to prepaid at will (or everytime you go beyond your budget).
    12-28-11 11:07 PM
9,279 ... 6768697071 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD