will the 9860 work here? i've seen some ads selling only 9850's here locally.
    09-08-11 07:35 AM
    Tm doesn't have bis yet..

The 9860 will work here because it is a gsm phone. It is meant to be used here. The 9850 on the other had is a cdma world phone. It has both cdma and gsm antenas.it will also work here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    vynvyn likes this.
    09-08-11 07:47 AM
    Tm doesn't have bis yet..

The 9860 will work here because it is a gsm phone. It is meant to be used here. The 9850 on the other had is a cdma world phone. It has both cdma and gsm antenas.it will also work here.

thanks boss
    09-08-11 06:28 PM
    hey guys! im a newbie here. i just wanna ask kung gagana ba yung bb social or bbmax sa TM prepaid. TIA
    whats TM?
    09-09-11 03:23 AM
    whats TM?
    Touch Mobile (not sure! i forgot! lol!) it uses the same network with globe telecom. but with MUCH cheaper call and text promos.
    09-09-11 06:05 AM
    I recently got my 9780 from smart. Is there a gps/map app dito sa pinas? Thanks.
    09-09-11 11:03 AM
    btw, i have an extra 9860 sealed in box, if you are interested. pm me
    09-09-11 11:42 AM
    I recently got my 9780 from smart. Is there a gps/map app dito sa pinas? Thanks.
    I doubt they can keep up with all the traffic rules changing. lol
    09-10-11 12:17 AM
    What rules.......

rafiks likes this.
    09-10-11 12:26 AM
    What rules.......

exactly!
    09-10-11 08:04 AM
    Touch Mobile (not sure! i forgot! lol!) it uses the same network with globe telecom. but with MUCH cheaper call and text promos.
    oh . forgot about them . hehehe . what's smarts counterpart to TM?
    09-10-11 08:07 AM
    Ahh ok... Baka meron lang, like sa iphone na papago or garmin for some nokia phones which is pretty useful din kahit sa super magulong roads natin.. thanks
    09-10-11 09:30 AM
    Blackberry devices nowadays have a built-in GPS receiver, so yes for GPS. And for map you can search for these available apps. BB Maps, Google Earth, Waze, etc.
    Last edited by indie_user; 09-10-11 at 10:30 AM.
    rafiks likes this.
    09-10-11 10:28 AM

Ahh ok... Baka meron lang, like sa iphone na papago or garmin for some nokia phones which is pretty useful din kahit sa super magulong roads natin.. thanks
    You can grab google maps . Its better than the builtin blackberry maps.
    09-10-11 01:48 PM
    You can grab google maps . Its better than the builtin blackberry maps.
    Pero google maps ata you need to be in a data plan right?
    09-10-11 10:03 PM
    yes you need kahit generic data plan for gmaps.

bbmaps kailangan talaga full bis.

if youre seeking offline navigation, youre better off getting a standalone GPS unit instead. nagkalat naman na mga garmin units sa lansangan.
    rafiks likes this.
    09-11-11 09:00 AM
    yes you need kahit generic data plan for gmaps.

bbmaps kailangan talaga full bis.

if youre seeking offline navigation, youre better off getting a standalone GPS unit instead. nagkalat naman na mga garmin units sa lansangan.
    GPS is a battery killer anyway so if you don't have a car charger you're better off with a Garmin or a TomTom.
    09-11-11 11:08 AM
    Hey Tailgater, thanks for posting Manny with playbook. So proud that the crack team included your pic in celeb sighting blog.

09-12-11 09:57 AM
    ^^ Nice. Ngayon ko lang din nakita na nasa celeb roundup yung pinost ko. FTW!

While you're shopping for a GPS unit, I recommend any Garmin unit... since the locally available maps (RoadGuide.ph or OSM) works exclusively for garmin. I personally use a Garmin 3790t in my car and I love it. Can also be used in pedestrian mode and can host multiple maps with its 8gb internal memory.
    rafiks likes this.
    09-12-11 10:33 PM
    please help!! im really frustrated. Im currently using BB bold 9700 and i'm having trouble registering to GLOBE text promos like unlitxt,sulitxt etc. I kept on registering on it but the reply was always "the keyword you type is invalid" but I'm really sure that i typed the correct words in able for me to register on a particular text promos. When i check on my balance, it worked except for the text promos. HELP!!!:smileysad:
    I'm experiencing the same problem now.
    I�m not into Autocomplete whatsoever either. This problem has been going on since first week of AUGUST. Nakakapagod na pumunta sa GLOBE at tumawag since wala sila maitulong sakin.I'm really exhausted and frustrated since I can't use my bb properly. So please...help me...GLOBE seems to be unaware how to solve it. Brought my phone to a customer service, and i even ask them to check it...still what they gave was to wait for two days...after that nothing worked and i was asked to wait again. this cycle has been going on for a month and I no longer know what to do.
    09-14-11 01:00 AM
    ^^ nagka problema din ako nito before. apparently there is a difference between MySuperPlans and Super Add-ons.

Like before may difference yung BB ON sa MYBB ON, etc.

check the alternative keywords
    09-14-11 03:20 AM
    FACTS:

1. I have been an outstanding subscriber of Smart postpaid for 3-4 years now. Early this year, I became a BB user and naturally, I chose Smart BIS (Social Lite monthly) for my BB 9780.

2. Since I have great experience with them, I got another line (599 Call and Text unlimited) around late June and enrolled and pre-paid yet another subscription for BB Social Lite. (if you have a plan below 1,200, you have to pay for your BIS or BB plan of choice on top of your MSF and in advance - no different from prepaid users)

3. I've used my BB with my first line (plan 800 consumable), subscribed to the same BB bundle and never bothered with my settings. I thought things will be the same with my second line since after all, I was just changing the sim in the phone.

4. The horror story started when I got my August-September bill which amounted to Php 1,692 - Php 900 plus of that was attributed to 102 sessions of mobile browsing which I dont recall doing since I'd rather make use of my iPhone for that purpose and I have DSL and wifi connection at home and in my office.

Worst of all, they are asking me to pay for my BB subscription when I already paid for it!

5. I've disputed this matter to Smart. Unfortunately, I am on auto debit and their investigation will run for 3-4 weeks after my dispute.

6. Yesterday morning (September 21), I woke up to find out that my account has been redirected. I called Smart's hotline and they told me that my account has racked up Php 1,5++ in charges (running bill) when I was still subscribed to BB Social Lite until September 20. (since this secondary line is fairly new, I have a very meager credit limit of 1,500, hence, the redirection)

7. To lift the re-direction of the line, I have to settle the running bill. My bill cut-off is nowhere near. They cant even give me the breakdown of my running bill up until the SOA is generated - which will be on the 5th of October.

I am at my wits' end.

Any thoughts?
    09-21-11 12:58 PM
    Cant we merge this with sun thread?
    and also, is it me, or fb 2.0 is not stable. there are times it would stop refreshing feeds
    and also about smart bis
    i enrolled for a bb day, i didn't receive any notifications that im already registred. i checked my balance, and 50 were already deducted. after a minute or so. from 3G(bb icon) it would turn 3g.... help? i dont wanna visit their centres anymore, much less call their hotline.
    09-21-11 09:51 PM
    Cant we merge this with sun thread?
    and also, is it me, or fb 2.0 is not stable. there are times it would stop refreshing feeds
    and also about smart bis
    i enrolled for a bb day, i didn't receive any notifications that im already registred. i checked my balance, and 50 were already deducted. after a minute or so. from 3G(bb icon) it would turn 3g.... help? i dont wanna visit their centres anymore, much less call their hotline.
    You can always call them.
    09-21-11 10:21 PM
    I got my BB9780 unlocked sa mga local tiangge the other day, i was wondering if i put a sim sa ibang network abroad (Singapore) would I will be able to register sa mga BIS services nila? Or should I need to have my pin relesed pa? Thanks..
    09-22-11 09:22 PM
9,279 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD