How will I know if BIS ready na ang aking BB? Kasi i recently wiped my phone then ngaun di na ako mkapasok sa unli
    If you already registered for BIS there should have been a "your blackberry has been registered" message...

simple way to check this again is to turn off phone, take the simcard out and then put it back in, then turn the phone on again... and you should get the message again...

(before i get flamed by anyone.. ) yes you can try turning off the connections and then turning it on again, but that doesnt always work
    05-01-11 07:01 AM
    Maraming salamat sa replies nyo mga sir. Yup BB service it's pretty much cheaper here and it's even getting cheaper. Siguro dahil palasak ang BB dito. In fact, almost everybody are BB users here actually.

Btw, one more queries mga sir. Magkano ba Torch white sa atin? I bought mine here at a little less USD600. I actually plan to buy another Torch white for my daughter so I need to know if it's cheaper here or not.

Again, thanks is advance for your replies.
    bbs are cheaper in indo. Dont get your hopes too high with bb services in the philippines, when compared to what is offered in indo... its simply not as good. cant even stream unless you pay extra.
    05-01-11 07:05 AM
    - Hi Ench18. I'm planning to buy a pearl 9100 in a few days. And I am curious if this will work on Pearl 3G 9100 (doing the ALT+LGLG) . Could you find out if it will work on Pearl 3G?

Thanks!
    It works for all BB's
    05-01-11 08:30 AM
    @ gedubraks: What's up ged! How you doin buddy? Hope all is well.
    05-01-11 08:36 AM
    Hey guys, i'm having sort of a problem. I am currently enrolled to Smart Buddy's Blackberry social lite for one month. But guess what? it's not working! i've been enrolled to their service in the past with no problem. but this time, it just won't work. i have a bb torch with the latest os build, but when i try to access Facebook or try to bbm my friends, it won't open or send the msgs. everytime i enroll to this service, my signal goes from 3g to 3G OR gprs to GPRS. i know that when it does this, it means i have some sort of internet or service plan enabling me to use fb and bbm. what do you guys suggest? i called customer service and they weren't really that helpful. they told me to try soft and hard resets, which i have already done. but no luck. please help. is anybody else experiencing this?
    it also happened to me 3 weeks ago. try to call their hotline and demand a report to their technical department. their customer rep will give you a report number. then try to follow-up every once in a while. my BB social got activated after a freaking 48hrs. hahahaha!
    05-01-11 11:29 PM
    @ gedubraks: What's up ged! How you doin buddy? Hope all is well.
    not much over here, the heat in the philippines is crazy... im missing the rain!
    05-02-11 12:41 AM
    it also happened to me 3 weeks ago. try to call their hotline and demand a report to their technical department. their customer rep will give you a report number. then try to follow-up every once in a while. my BB social got activated after a freaking 48hrs. hahahaha!
    another example of smart's exceptional customer service... the more patient you are, the more nothing gets done
    kyuusai likes this.
    05-02-11 12:45 AM
    another example of smart's exceptional customer service... the more patient you are, the more nothing gets done
    Yes sir! You got that one right!
    Last edited by kyuusai; 05-02-11 at 06:08 AM.
    05-02-11 06:01 AM
    hi anyone knows the contact number or address sa gh yan BB service center. need it bad. thanks everyone. please bbm it to me na lang coz i dont go online a lot 220010d2
    Last edited by stewie88; 05-02-11 at 08:35 AM.
    05-02-11 08:31 AM
    not much over here, the heat in the philippines is crazy... im missing the rain!
    I feel your pain! Its to HOT!
    05-02-11 12:38 PM
    hi anyone knows the contact number or address sa gh yan BB service center. need it bad. thanks everyone. please bbm it to me na lang coz i dont go online a lot 220010d2
    Hmmm.... are you stating that there's a service center for BlackBerry in GH (GreenHills)? Did i get that right? Sorry to bring you the bad news...but the service center for all BB's is in one place only and that would be Micro Warehouse in Pioneer street near Globe Towers in Pasig i think or Guadalupe.
    05-02-11 12:46 PM
    hi anyone..

just got my BB 9000 from a local seller, with cheaper price. he said brand new and original from japan, with NNTdocomo sign under space button. he already unlocked and tested using all Philippines provider (sun,smart,globe)

call and text no problem.
    i've registered with SMART BB DAY. got confirmation and everything is set na. browsing net with no problems.

trying for BBM not functioned. add some PINs, still in pending. tried YM, got this msg "service not enabled for this handheld"

Using GLOBE.
    tried register globe.blackberry.com after inputting PIN and IMEI, a pop -up window showed " your BB internet service account is suspended or deactivated, pls contact.. (bla,,bla,,bla) (

the only reason im using BB is, most of my friends are BB users and abroad, its easy and cheaper to communicate with them using BBM or YM.

any recommended help?

thanks..
    Last edited by starmild; 05-03-11 at 11:37 PM. Reason: adding some info.
    05-03-11 10:38 PM
    hi anyone..

just got my BB 9000 from a local seller, with cheaper price. he said brand new and original from japan, with NNTdocomo sign under space button. he already unlocked and tested using all Philippines provider (sun,smart,globe)

call and text no problem.
    i've registered with SMART BB DAY. got confirmation and everything is set na. browsing net with no problems.

trying for BBM not functioned. add some PINs, still in pending. tried YM, got this msg "service not enabled for this handheld"

Using GLOBE.
    tried register globe.blackberry.com after inputting PIN and IMEI, a pop -up window showed " your BB internet service account is suspended or deactivated, pls contact.. (bla,,bla,,bla) (

the only reason im using BB is, most of my friends are BB users and abroad, its easy and cheaper to communicate with them using BBM or YM.

any recommended help?

thanks..
    2 things for you to check!

1. Check if your Bold 9000's OS is up to date. If not try loading a new OS onto it. Here's the link for you to read on how to -
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

2. You might want to check with the seller if your Blackberry's PIN was released by NNTdocomo. Yes it might be unlocked but you also have to check if the PIN was released.
    05-04-11 04:01 AM
    thanks for that information.
    very useful.

actually, there's no problem at all.
    last night, using GLOBE on my unit, and registered for BB DAY 50.
    after a removing battery and sim card, there it is!! registered, and use all features including BBM.

so,, can i say SMART sucks?

@ench18
    just a usual seller from a buying-selling website. have no store, etc..
    he even doesn't what BBM is.
    anyway, i think once it's unlocked for all provider, it'll unlocked for the PIN.
    (correct me if I'm wrong, BB 1st timer )

is there any way to check if the PIN was released or not?
    05-05-11 03:31 AM
    bb usage in the philippines is not as great as in indo yet... its still far from catching up... especially the prepaid part of having to register for bb service... telecom companies still have the monopoly and charge ridiculous prices... half the time, the registering for bb service by sms doesnt work and load is "lost"

you said "actually, there's no problem at all.
    after a removing battery and sim card, there it is!! registered, and use all features including BBM."

so your bb is fine and is unlocked .. the PIN that ench18 was referring to was the usual 6 digit number of your bb...

by the way.. not sure if you meant to do it on purpose... but you are advertising your phone number....
    Last edited by gedubraks; 05-05-11 at 10:04 AM. Reason: iseng aja
    05-05-11 10:02 AM
    Help!!,

If your using Globe's BB Messaging Plan, are you supposed to get a green check on your wifi connection? (or white wifi logo?)
    05-05-11 03:56 PM
    Help!!,

If your using Globe's BB Messaging Plan, are you supposed to get a green check on your wifi connection? (or white wifi logo?)
    You don't have a full BIS plan so no, you won't get a white WiFi logo just a grey one. I can't remember now if on BB MSG you'd get a check mark on WiFi connection, I'm on full BIS currently, I suppose you should have the check mark.

When you activate your WiFi, can you browse? Also, make sure when you add your Wifi profile, you enter the correct password (that is if your home network has one).
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 05-05-11 at 06:59 PM.
    derailed-7 likes this.
    05-05-11 06:54 PM
    thanks for that information.
    very useful.

actually, there's no problem at all.
    after a removing battery and sim card, there it is!! registered, and use all features including BBM.

so,, can i say SMART sucks?

@ench18
    just a usual seller from a buying-selling website. have no store, etc..
    he even doesn't what BBM is.
    anyway, i think once it's unlocked for all provider, it'll unlocked for the PIN.
    (correct me if I'm wrong, BB 1st timer )

is there any way to check if the PIN was released or not?
    Good to know that your BB's working. For you to know if your PIN is released you will have to contact the telecom provider (it came from Japan right) You will have to give them your serial number and PIN of your BB and find out from them. But i don't think your gonna do that.
    05-05-11 09:50 PM
    You don't have a full BIS plan so no, you won't get a white WiFi logo just a grey one. I can't remember now if on BB MSG you'd get a check mark on WiFi connection, I'm on full BIS currently, I suppose you should have the check mark.

When you activate your WiFi, can you browse? Also, make sure when you add your Wifi profile, you enter the correct password (that is if your home network has one).
    Hmmm. I tried using my prepaid sim and subscribing to 1 day of unlimited surfing for BB... Well, it does have the White wifi Logo,

I mean i can still browse the net. Its just that when you download a big attachment, it uses Globe's wireless.

O well... Not a big deal,

Thanks for your usual fast reply evil.bunny
    05-06-11 12:48 AM
    Hmmm. I tried using my prepaid sim and subscribing to 1 day of unlimited surfing for BB... Well, it does have the White wifi Logo,

I mean i can still browse the net. Its just that when you download a big attachment, it uses Globe's wireless.

O well... Not a big deal,

Thanks for your usual fast reply evil.bunny
    You're welcome. When you subscribe to the P50/day BB plan, that is considered a full BB access = white WiFi logo.

I haven't figured out the downloading big attachments myself. Maybe someone else can answer this one.
    05-06-11 03:24 AM
    bb usage in the philippines is not as great as in indo yet... its still far from catching up... especially the prepaid part of having to register for bb service... telecom companies still have the monopoly and charge ridiculous prices... half the time, the registering for bb service by sms doesnt work and load is "lost"

you said "actually, there's no problem at all.
    after a removing battery and sim card, there it is!! registered, and use all features including BBM."

so your bb is fine and is unlocked .. the PIN that ench18 was referring to was the usual 6 digit number of your bb...

by the way.. not sure if you meant to do it on purpose... but you are advertising your phone number....

yeah, no problem on my unit.
    the only problem is on SMART provider.

that time, i haven't tried using GLOBE sim. I just use GLOBE from their website, without activating the plan from my BB. I thought by doing that (inserting my PIN and IMEI on website) could give some info about my unit.

yup, i know that PIN.
    it is unlocked anyway.

regarding the number, i did it on purpose it's not mine anyway.

Good to know that your BB's working. For you to know if your PIN is released you will have to contact the telecom provider (it came from Japan right) You will have to give them your serial number and PIN of your BB and find out from them. But i don't think your gonna do that.

yeah.. after so many reading, my unit's fine and working!
    there are no software nor hardware problems, i just haven't tried available options, which is use GLOBE provider!

I'm not doing that.

Maybe the provider unlock procedure already includes unlocking for BB PIN..
    05-06-11 10:41 PM
    @gedubraks..

if u compare BB plans Philippines and Indonesia,

Indonesia has a great offer, Rp99.000 (Php500) for a month!
    because in Indonesia, if I'm not mistaken, they have about 9 mobile operators, 4 of them are BB partners, those 4 want to be the best BB operator partner by lowering their charge for BB plans. Tight competition on pricing!

Philippines offered Php999 (Rp198.000) for a month.

as for speed, Philippines is the winner!
    (those are just my perspective)
    05-06-11 11:24 PM
    @starmild
    True, competition in pricing, but pricing is not the only thing. Indonesian telecoms dont try to monopolize the market by providing really expensive rates for service. Calling and texting is already super cheap and in some cases, if one were to text someone using the same provider it is automatically free.

In the philippines I use Globes monthly unlimited data bb plan with a ridiculous price... but its not even capable of streaming on 3G unless I decide to add another service on top of my bill ....whereas in indonesia, using Telkomsels monthly unlimited data bb plan, i can do exactly the same thing as what Globe provides... and more.. stream cnn.com, youtube.com on a 3G signal with no lag at all...

so in my opinion bb experience in the philippines still lags behind.. and i hope that one day it'll catch up.
    05-08-11 04:55 AM
    @starmild
    True, competition in pricing, but pricing is not the only thing. Indonesian telecoms dont try to monopolize the market by providing really expensive rates for service. Calling and texting is already super cheap and in some cases, if one were to text someone using the same provider it is automatically free.

In the philippines I use Globes monthly unlimited data bb plan with a ridiculous price... but its not even capable of streaming on 3G unless I decide to add another service on top of my bill ....whereas in indonesia, using Telkomsels monthly unlimited data bb plan, i can do exactly the same thing as what Globe provides... and more.. stream cnn.com, youtube.com on a 3G signal with no lag at all...

so in my opinion bb experience in the philippines still lags behind.. and i hope that one day it'll catch up.

i see..
    we're using different needs.
    i'm using for chats and browsing only.

it's quite a long since my last visit to indo, haven't knew much about it, just some info from few folks there.

terima kasih.
    05-09-11 01:50 AM
    Hmmm.... are you stating that there's a service center for BlackBerry in GH (GreenHills)? Did i get that right? Sorry to bring you the bad news...but the service center for all BB's is in one place only and that would be Micro Warehouse in Pioneer street near Globe Towers in Pasig i think or Guadalupe.
    hi thanks! i may have been misinformed. would you know the contact details of microwarehouse? id very much appreciate that. thanks again!
    05-10-11 01:35 AM
9,279 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD