Hello everyone!

To the Globe subscribers in the forum, have you been experiencing "cut" texts when you use your BB? Before the message loads well, but now I'm getting more and more of this [receiving text], then when the lagging message gets loaded it doesn't make any sense anymore. Putol putol na.
    04-03-11 08:46 AM
    Hello everyone!

To the Globe subscribers in the forum, have you been experiencing "cut" texts when you use your BB? Before the message loads well, but now I'm getting more and more of this [receiving text], then when the lagging message gets loaded it doesn't make any sense anymore. Putol putol na.

It happens once in awhile. But the good thing is.....it's not our Blackberry's problem. It's Globe's doing.
    04-03-11 08:54 AM
    Hi a quick question for Globe users if i may?

Having a look at Globes website there seems to be one service for unlimited service and one for BB services? Is this correct or is there one that gives access to the BB services and Unlimited Internet?

I'd prefer to be on Globe but realise smart have a all in one deal as the Family in Phill all seem to be on Globe and I understand it makes it cheaper to stay on one network for them to contact me while in Phill?

http://http://site.globe.com.ph/blac...AAER-vBEAAAAEe
    04-04-11 06:02 AM
    Hi andgee, there are different services one for non-BB users (Super Surf plan) and one for BB users (they break it down for unlimited, Social apps or Emails).
    For BB plans there is a plan that gives you access to unlimited surfing + BB services. For that service you sign up for the BB ON plan: P50/day or P220/5days or P999 for 30days access (please note this plan does not include streaming). If you want streaming + unlimited surfing + BB services then sign up for BBMAX plan: P60/day or P300/5days or P1,500 for 30days.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 04-04-11 at 06:33 AM.
    andgee likes this.
    04-04-11 06:30 AM
    Thanks Evil.Bunny so they do include the BB services just was not to sure with the way it was worded. Looks like I might try out the BBMAX and see what the streaming like

Thanks again for your quick response
    04-04-11 06:55 AM
    Hi Guys! I need help a concern I have regarding International Roaming and the Blackberry Service.

I'll be flying to Hong Kong this 14-18th of April and I was wondering if anyone of you have tried their Prepaid Blackberry Services in HKG? This will be the first time that I'll be using a prepaid sim out of the country using my blackberry bold 9700 since I wont be bringing my postpaid line as it costs a lot when I put it on roaming.

I'd like to know the following:

1. Are there prepaid sim cards in HKG that offer Prepaid Blackberry Internet Service?

2. If there are none, what are my alternatives? Will the Unlimited Data Plans they have in HKG suffice to make my blackberry work there? (BBM, Emails etc)

3. If there are no alternatives to this, would I be able to use my BBM through wi-fi? HKG has lots of wi-fi hotspots so it wouldn't be hard for me to access internet on-the-go, if need be. I just need to know how to make my BBM and Emails work in the event that I wont have BIS during my stay there.

4. In worst comes to worst scenario, would it be wiser to use my Iphone instead of my BB when I go to HKG? Are there prepaid plans for the iphone in HKG as well?

I really need help on this as I do not want to bring my postpaid number to roaming anymore since my last experience cost me 15k for blackberry services alone.

Anyone, kindly shed some light? Please?

Thanks!

BBM 2298C306
    04-06-11 05:14 AM
    hi guys..
    ask lng sana..
    im on Smart Gold Plan 1200 (consumable)..
    ilang beses n ako ngregister sa smart BB WEEK.
    why arent my emails pushed to my phone?
    nagregister n ako ng dalawang email adds ko..
    thanks..
    04-06-11 06:04 AM
    Havent seen any prepaid blackberry services around in HKG.. Most of the providers offer monthly services... and yes any of those providers will work however please note that if your postpaid bb was from globe/smart it is locked... therefore if you plan to use a foreign simcard you need to have it unlocked..

my suggestion would be you can bring your bb fine just turn off "data services when roaming" and turn off the "mobile network" so you dont get charged roaming data and just connect to wifi where there is wifi available... Especially since its a 4 day trip, i doubt purchasing a monthly sim card from hongkong would be worth it.

Hi Guys! I need help a concern I have regarding International Roaming and the Blackberry Service.

I'll be flying to Hong Kong this 14-18th of April and I was wondering if anyone of you have tried their Prepaid Blackberry Services in HKG? This will be the first time that I'll be using a prepaid sim out of the country using my blackberry bold 9700 since I wont be bringing my postpaid line as it costs a lot when I put it on roaming.

I'd like to know the following:

1. Are there prepaid sim cards in HKG that offer Prepaid Blackberry Internet Service?

2. If there are none, what are my alternatives? Will the Unlimited Data Plans they have in HKG suffice to make my blackberry work there? (BBM, Emails etc)

3. If there are no alternatives to this, would I be able to use my BBM through wi-fi? HKG has lots of wi-fi hotspots so it wouldn't be hard for me to access internet on-the-go, if need be. I just need to know how to make my BBM and Emails work in the event that I wont have BIS during my stay there.

4. In worst comes to worst scenario, would it be wiser to use my Iphone instead of my BB when I go to HKG? Are there prepaid plans for the iphone in HKG as well?

I really need help on this as I do not want to bring my postpaid number to roaming anymore since my last experience cost me 15k for blackberry services alone.

Anyone, kindly shed some light? Please?

Thanks!

BBM 2298C306
    04-06-11 07:37 AM
    My BB is unlocked and I'm currently using a prepaid sim card with it (subscribed to Prepaid BIS of Globe for 1 month), if I subscribed this number to international roaming of Globe, will my BB services still work even on wi-fi? like BBM and Emails? or should I opt not to register to roaming then just bring my bb to hkg and use their free wi-fi?

DId I get it right?

Havent seen any prepaid blackberry services around in HKG.. Most of the providers offer monthly services... and yes any of those providers will work however please note that if your postpaid bb was from globe/smart it is locked... therefore if you plan to use a foreign simcard you need to have it unlocked..

my suggestion would be you can bring your bb fine just turn off "data services when roaming" and turn off the "mobile network" so you dont get charged roaming data and just connect to wifi where there is wifi available... Especially since its a 4 day trip, i doubt purchasing a monthly sim card from hongkong would be worth it.
    04-06-11 10:45 AM
    are u referring to the prepaid international roaming? if yes... what this means is that you will be able to make and receive phone calls abroad... thats what it means by international roaming... if you're wishing to have international bis... globe has the ridiculous bridge data program... 1 day for 10 US dollars... 3 days for 27 US dollars and 5 days for 40 dollars....

i was able to use bbm, email just using wifi when travelling to other countries.... you dont really need to register for the roaming but it is free, so you may want to do so just in case someone back home misses you.. its just that you need to have a minimum balance of 100 pesos.

its your call

My BB is unlocked and I'm currently using a prepaid sim card with it (subscribed to Prepaid BIS of Globe for 1 month), if I subscribed this number to international roaming of Globe, will my BB services still work even on wi-fi? like BBM and Emails? or should I opt not to register to roaming then just bring my bb to hkg and use their free wi-fi?

DId I get it right?
    04-06-11 11:07 AM
    gedubraks, how come I've heard that once you're out of the Philippines, prepaid BIS automatically ends? So if I travel with my prepaid SIM and they charge say $40 for 5 days... means I should have a balance of P1000 to be safe?
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 04-06-11 at 06:34 PM.
    04-06-11 06:31 PM
    Does anyone know if Globe charges for incoming texts on Postpaid Roaming? They're kind of ambiguous about it on their site:

**A 15% Surcharge for Roaming Calls will be applied to all the Charges of the Roaming Partner such as:

Outgoing Text Charges and Incoming Text Charges of the Roaming Partner;

Globe - POSTPAID INTERNATIONAL ROAMING

If I activate roaming on my Globe postpaid but set Data Services & Data Services While Roaming OFF, is it sure that I won't incur charges? I just want to be able to receive text messages while on vacation.

Hope someone can help
    04-06-11 11:07 PM
    From what i understand the bridge data roaming offered by globe is "Exclusive to Globe postpaid subscribers" (taken from their website) Globe - Bridge Data Roam Unlimited
    If you're on a prepaid BIS, it wont be functional outside the Philippines, if you travel you have options :

1. Unlock your phone so that when you're in another country... swap out the philippine simcard for the local simcard of that country and register for a local bis there if it has one.

2. Register your sim to activate the roaming feature but no BIS... globe has one How to activate Globe Roaming, smart has one... How do I activate/deactivate my prepaid international text roaming? - Smart Communications

gedubraks, how come I've heard that once you're out of the Philippines, prepaid BIS automatically ends? So if I travel with my prepaid SIM and they charge say $40 for 5 days... means I should have a balance of P1000 to be safe?
    04-07-11 01:14 AM
    I was thinking about this before and the answer I came up was they more than likely would charge for it. Theoretically,if we're roaming if we receive text messages it should be free BUT because all postpaid phones automatically have the capability to roam ie get signal from other carriers and since they have records of where all calls were placed and texts made/received, theres always the possibility they may charge extra. In my previous trips, to avoid headaches what I did was simply bring 2 phones... my bb and a nokia phone with a old prepaid simcard..

The prepaid simcard I activated roaming by text..texting GROAM on and made sure it had more than 100 pesos on it..

and last the bb i turned off mobile network and data services esp when roaming.. so it just became my camera... and only used wifi when available.

or if you want, if you're not expecting any bbms etc you can take out your postpaid sim from your bb, and insert a old prepaid sim so you're not carrying 2 phones..

the easiest method to avoid being charged ridiculously in my opinion .. i dont suggest swapping sim cards for a local sim card wherever you're going because texting from the philippines to outside countries is 15 pesos per text

Does anyone know if Globe charges for incoming texts on Postpaid Roaming? They're kind of ambiguous about it on their site:

**A 15% Surcharge for Roaming Calls will be applied to all the Charges of the Roaming Partner such as:

Outgoing Text Charges and Incoming Text Charges of the Roaming Partner;

Globe - POSTPAID INTERNATIONAL ROAMING

If I activate roaming on my Globe postpaid but set Data Services & Data Services While Roaming OFF, is it sure that I won't incur charges? I just want to be able to receive text messages while on vacation.

Hope someone can help
    04-07-11 01:34 AM
    @gedubraks Thanks for the advice, I just might do that I find it unfair though that Globe clearly states that incoming text messages are FREE for prepaid users but don't say anything for postpaid. You'd think they'd value their postpaid clients more
    04-07-11 01:41 AM
    @xtine, you're welcome... and yeah i know what you mean....

globe can be very dodgy at times...
    Last edited by gedubraks; 04-07-11 at 01:46 AM. Reason: changed to dodgy
    04-07-11 01:45 AM
    Anyone here who could release my PIN? I just bought a new BB unit yesterday, I could not register with BIS, everytime I go here https://bis.ap.blackberry.com/html, it says that my account is deactivated or suspended. I already called Globe hotline and they told me that because my unit isn't Globe issued, they could not release my PIN. WTF. What do I do? I need someone who could release my PIN, I already reported this too with the store where I bought my unit. Please help.
    04-07-11 07:05 PM
    @gedubraks, thanks for the info!

@Tanaydana, where did you buy your unit from? Sounds like it's previously owned if the PIN is registered already. Maybe you could trade for another unit with a PIN that has not been used.
    04-07-11 07:37 PM
    @evil.bunny I bought the unit brand new in box. I don't know why it's PIN-locked. I already told the store where I got it, it's my second BB unit from them. I haven't encountered even a single error or problem with my previous BB unit. I need someone who could release my PIN... :/
    04-07-11 07:41 PM
    Is it a trusted store? Because if the PIN in already registered to another telco..... I can only think it's a refurbished/stolen unit.

If it's your second BB bought from them, maybe they could just give you another unit after all, you just bought it and usually they have a 7-day warranty right?

The only one who can release your PIN, that I know of, is the telco where it was originally registered with.

ps. have you tried doing a BB ON 50 on Globe and see if you can register? I tried the link you gave and can't get it to open.
    04-07-11 07:51 PM
    Guys, i am in the U.S. and i have been able to use my Social Lite package only through wifi. i have one question, i will be expiring soon and would like to know if i have someone in the philippine send me 300 peso load, will i be able to register again? even if i am abroad? take in mind that i am abroad. is it still possible to register? thank you
    04-07-11 11:48 PM
    @evil.bunny

Yeah, the store is located inside SM. LOL. I wouldn't buy another unit from them if they don't have good reputation. I tried sending BB ON / BB ON 50 / BB ON 220 / BB ON 60 already, but I am not receiving even a single confirmation message from 8888.
    04-08-11 01:04 AM
    @evil.bunny

Yeah, the store is located inside SM. LOL. I wouldn't buy another unit from them if they don't have good reputation. I tried sending BB ON / BB ON 50 / BB ON 220 / BB ON 60 already, but I am not receiving even a single confirmation message from 8888.
    From what i've read about your problem.... It seems like your blackberry unit that you just purchased hasn't had the PIN released yet. The phone might be unlocked but the PIN isn't.
    04-09-11 12:56 PM
    @evil.bunny

Yeah, the store is located inside SM. LOL. I wouldn't buy another unit from them if they don't have good reputation.
    Do you still have a chance of having the unit replaced with a new one? Tell them that the PIN is registered to another telco and the only way it will work if that PIN is released.

If this is a brand new unit the PIN should never have been used/registered in the first place.

@evil.bunny I bought the unit brand new in box. I don't know why it's PIN-locked. I already told the store where I got it
    What did they tell you?
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 04-09-11 at 06:13 PM.
    04-09-11 06:10 PM
    Hi guys, can you please help me about my mom's bb curve 8520? Her unit came from Saudi Arabia and she registered at smart.blackberry.com (she's using prepaid) and forgot her email add. the problem is, she cannot use her built in browser via wifi and cannot use BIS even though I registered her for a day, I have the the same model BB, though I use globe, and everything runs smoothly (BIS 300/month)

is there a way to retrieve those so called service books by other means? (smart.bb.com site sucks)

do the service books differ from different providers? sun, smart, globe?
    04-10-11 11:44 AM
9,279 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD