Hi there! For your 1st question: Yes, it should work with your Smart prepaid both wifi and data coverage.
    Thanks, but do you have any information how to make that work? I have been trying everything I can think of and logicmail only works for me here using wifi, it always fails connection to my imap server on 3G data. All my other data apps like browser, googlemaps, etc.. work fine. But logicmail fails to connect on 3G, yet works perfectly on wifi.

I don't know if this is an issue with logicmail configuration or something about Smart communications blocking IMAP ports?

The best place to get your Blackberry fixed within greenhills is in Theater mall (2nd floor) Not where all those other peeps hang out and tell you "Sir! trade in" Lol
    Did you buy your BB 2nd hand or brand new?
    Thanks I ended up going to MCS because its closer and they fixed my keyboard there. Its a new phone, but warranty service is far away in Singapore from what i understand. Anyway, the warranty is voided now. I will keep an eye out for the theater mall you mentioned. Thanks.
    02-26-11 06:12 PM
    anyone here who have tried angry farm? specially for storm2? (=
    02-27-11 01:19 AM
    guys bago lang sa bb, add nio ako para may maikwento rin ako. hehehehe
    ito ang pin ko. 23AD3DEF

thanks
    02-27-11 10:22 AM
    Anyone with a 9780? How is your unit doing (I've read the problems about the keyboard, double entry, missing cursors)? Where did you purchase your unit locally and if I may ask where was it made (Hungary, Mexico, etc.).

Thanks! I'm thinking of upgrading and wanted to get your input.
    02-28-11 05:05 AM
    I have been using my BB for a few weeks on Smart Prepaid, using BB WEEK each week to provide unlimited data. They provision my email and it all seems to work pretty good. The APN used that way is blackberry.net, instead of "internet".

However I have been having problems with a few apps, such as logicmail, and now I'm wondering whether it would be better to use Smart's unli data packages, which is the same price as BB. It provides unlimited data, but not BB email provisioning of course. However, if I have to choose between BB email or logicmail, I'd rather use logicmail since I can access other folders.

Does anyone know if blackberry.net is crippled in anyway, not all net ports open, for example, or anything like that. And if so, is the other unli data package more open in this regard?
    02-28-11 07:57 PM
    I just tried changing the APN from blackberry.net to internet on the phone and suddenly logicmail works fine on there. So I really think there must be something about the blackberry.net APN which is blocking certain net ports from working, while the INTERNET apn is more like full internet.

So the next question is, if I simply change my apn to INTERNET instead of BLACKBERRY.NET, should I still use the Smart Blackberry data plan or switch to the UNLI data plan? If I am using the INTERNET apn while on the BB plan, am I paying extra charges? Can anyone here explain the differences between these two plans or what is the best way to go for BB on Smart prepaid?
    02-28-11 08:33 PM
    I'm flying out for a month tomorrow and as we all know.. Supposedly we need to have our pin released from our carrier if we intend to use a local bb service.. Now I called 221 mostly due to the fact that supposedly it would be easier to ask rather then actually walk in a store... I explained to the globe call center agent what I wanted to do.. Which was find out what steps do I need to do to get my pin released. I explained further that I would be leaving the country and DID NOT want to use their roaming feature!!.. I did that last year when I went to sg... Kept my data services off and mobile network off... Only used it when in emergencies.. I didn't use it frequently as normal usage of bbm all the time... And just for brief msgs... I got hit with about 6K...

I stressed to the rep that I don't want data bridge roaming plans or anything becauser honestly its a rip off..

Her answer was to me.. "Sir you will not be able to use your blackberry... Its locked to globe..." I told her.. "I know that... But what if my phone is magically unlocked? And I want to use the bb service of another country?.. What next?"

This got her utterly confused... And was being fed lines like "bb pin is locked to globe" long story short... I wasted 1 hour on the phone listening to the stupid "we are globe music" and 50 percent of the time I was put on hold...

I gave up trying to explain myself... Just asked her to get someone from support to call me back (like **** that's going to happen) and that's why I'm now patiently waiting to talk to someone personally at the globe center...

My turn to rant... To be continued....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-01-11 03:17 AM
    update after finally going to a globe center... after going around in circles explaining that i didnt want to unlock my phone nor get charged roaming on my bb using globes service... OR buy a new simcard OR buy a new blackberry from Indonesia... their words were "it should work automatically when you insert a local sim card if its unlocked.. bb services such as bbm would work but getting emails wont, this is what other subscribers are doing with phones from abroad"

well ok then if thats the case.. we shall see tomorrow... for all those planning to take their blackberrys to another country and use the local prepaid bis there... hopefully i can get mine to work so i can give a fairly straightforward guide.... *fingers crossed*
    03-01-11 07:36 AM
    update after finally going to a globe center... after going around in circles explaining that i didnt want to unlock my phone nor get charged roaming on my bb using globes service... OR buy a new simcard OR buy a new blackberry from Indonesia... their words were "it should work automatically when you insert a local sim card if its unlocked.. bb services such as bbm would work but getting emails wont, this is what other subscribers are doing with phones from abroad"

well ok then if thats the case.. we shall see tomorrow... for all those planning to take their blackberrys to another country and use the local prepaid bis there... hopefully i can get mine to work so i can give a fairly straightforward guide.... *fingers crossed*
    Hey ged. I just want to say "I feel your pain" I just got back from San Francisco the other day and i got billed by Globe for the amount of 5+,+++ pesos. Don't ask why. In some way its my mistake also. Lol. But i hardly used it there coz i have an AT&T line also in San Francisco. So next time i leave the Philippines i'll make sure i leave my Globe and Smart locked BB's here in Manila. About them reps in Globe... Your BB is unlocked so you will be fine using another local sim.
    03-01-11 07:46 AM
    @ gedubraks: By the way, have a safe trip buddy. Talk to you soon ey. cheers!
    03-01-11 07:47 AM

Hey! You don't need to ask Globe to have your PIN released if you want to use your BB abroad. The Globe rep is correct, you just have to insert a local prepaid SIM that supports BIS and all will work normally. From my own experience, it's not true that you can't email, you just have to set up all your emails again on your BB for you to be able to send and receive mails.

I suggest you research first on which local SIM you should get and how to register that sim to activate the BIS. So you won't have problem figuring out which code to input or send to avail the local prepaid BIS plan. ;-)

03-02-11 08:00 AM
    @ gedubraks: By the way, have a safe trip buddy. Talk to you soon ey. cheers!
    Thanks ench.. Bb working fine here

03-03-11 01:34 AM
    Hey! You don't need to ask Globe to have your PIN released if you want to use your BB abroad. The Globe rep is correct, you just have to insert a local prepaid SIM that supports BIS and all will work normally. From my own experience, it's not true that you can't email, you just have to set up all your emails again on your BB for you to be able to send and receive mails.

I suggest you research first on which local SIM you should get and how to register that sim to activate the BIS. So you won't have problem figuring out which code to input or send to avail the local prepaid BIS plan. ;-)

Thanks for the reply man... I'll thank you when I get to a pc!!

I didn't have a problem figuring out which local card I was going to use as I've lived 20 years in indonesia.. Just getting stressed out because wanted everything to work... So here's what I have found out(the hard way)... You don't need to have a pin released as I was told on numerous occasions.. Which is what was puzzling me... You just need to make sure your bb is unlocked then you're good to go... I arrived indonesia.. Slipped in a local simcard... BOOM got the wonderful "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." Now I'm a happy camper.. I don't need to set up email again as I have the gmail app.. I guess I was just on a paranoia frenzy.. Completely making a fool of myself ...

03-03-11 01:42 AM
    wrong windowwwwwwww
    03-03-11 02:58 AM
    wrong windowwwwwwww
    Nope... I'm a globe postpaid user... Currently in another country using my globe provided bb..using a telkomsel simcard

03-03-11 03:37 AM
    hi all!
    is it possible to manually change the gprs settings in bb bold 9000?
    03-03-11 08:49 AM
    Thanks ench.. Bb working fine here

Thats good to hear.
    03-06-11 06:41 AM
    I am signed up for Smart buddy prepaid and they did enable the MMS/GPRS, etc. I have been using BB email and surfing the net, etc. Mostly working fine, but for some reason MMS are not being delivered to me, I get an SMS that MMS was not deliverable and that I need to logon to some website at smart to retreive it. What do I need to configure to start receiving MMS messages right onto the phone to begin with? Does this feature function on the BB on Smart?
    03-07-11 03:40 AM
    I am signed up for Smart buddy prepaid and they did enable the MMS/GPRS, etc. I have been using BB email and surfing the net, etc. Mostly working fine, but for some reason MMS are not being delivered to me, I get an SMS that MMS was not deliverable and that I need to logon to some website at smart to retreive it. What do I need to configure to start receiving MMS messages right onto the phone to begin with? Does this feature function on the BB on Smart?
    I also experience this on Globe postpaid, I also haven't figured out what needs to be set since the Globe MMS servicebook is present on my BB.

03-07-11 06:39 AM
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask, which is better there? Smart or Globe? My friend is on Smart with her phone & home internet & she is having a horrible time with her home connection. She is going to have the connection cut off today & switch to Globe, I just worry it may not be better. She lives in Cavite Rosario area. Ive been there several times & my BB worked great roaming there. Sometimes I wouls check & I would be roaming on Globe, then Smart & I think Sun? in Tagaytay
    03-07-11 07:49 PM
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask, which is better there? Smart or Globe? My friend is on Smart with her phone & home internet & she is having a horrible time with her home connection. She is going to have the connection cut off today & switch to Globe, I just worry it may not be better. She lives in Cavite Rosario area. Ive been there several times & my BB worked great roaming there. Sometimes I wouls check & I would be roaming on Globe, then Smart & I think Sun? in Tagaytay
    To tell you frankly it really doesn't matter what you use... Globe has its up's and downs same goes for Smart. Both for BIS and Internet on both carriers are ok in some little way. lol. Globe is known for their postpaid services and Smart is known for their signal... thats it i guess.
    03-08-11 02:33 AM

Go to options, then look for Host Routing Table. Once your there press your option button and you will see Register Now. Click on that and wait for a message. After that you should be fine.
    03-08-11 02:42 AM
    im planning to go to the philippines for a holiday and i want to know if there is a prepaid blackberry sim that i can get. i need to use it for approx 2 weeks. cant live without my blackberry. hehehe. ill mainly use the BIS to access bbm, facebook, etc. Mainly a data plan.

can you recommend anything?
    Last edited by LOY80Y; 03-08-11 at 03:51 AM.
    03-08-11 03:34 AM
    im planning to go to the philippines for a holiday and i want to know if there is a prepaid blackberry sim that i can get. i need to use it for approx 2 weeks. cant live without my blackberry. hehehe. ill mainly use the BIS to access bbm, facebook, etc. Mainly a data plan.

can you recommend anything?
    Hi there! You can actually pick from 3 prepaid carriers that you can actually use your BIS with. That would be Globe, Smart, Sun. Just make sure that you buy the prepaid sim cards at their centers.
    LOY80Y likes this.
    03-08-11 05:58 AM
    Hi there! You can actually pick from 3 prepaid carriers that you can actually use your BIS with. That would be Globe, Smart, Sun. Just make sure that you buy the prepaid sim cards at their centers.

which one will give me less hassle when i get it? lol. easy to sign up and set up. worried about it taking long to do.

so go to the actual center (eg: Globe) not the ones that sell different carriers in the one store?
    03-08-11 06:16 AM
9,279 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD