When I signed on for my BB service (BB Social - Globe) I did it around 6pm (immediately after I got my handset), then when I got home around 8pm or so, I was not yet sure if the BB service has already been enabled, so I called their hotline and asked them if I am already registered, they were able to confirm my registration. And so after that, I just did a reset (on and off, no battery pull) and then I was able to get a message that I'm already registered with the BB service

Though a lot of my friends were surprised on how fast I was able to register
    It's suppose to be that way! It should be Automatic once you subscribe.
    02-06-11 07:16 AM
    Decided to go on and try this since my BB's WiFi is being stubborn.

1 remove the security on your router for a bit. Once removed. set your ssid to example - testing with no security. Next on your bb, scan for open networks. It should pick up the network "testing" . Try connecting.. if it can connect then slowly next try changing the router settings...
    Tried this and my BB got into the network but there is no green check mark when I checked for connection.

2 set the ssid to example testing with security wep ... on your bb delete saved networks and then scan networks again... does it pick up "testing" yes? then try putting the wep key... no? then try next WPA security.. i personally use wpa on my router... for some reason my bb prefers wpa over wep...
    Changed to WEP and it does pick it up and able to get into the network but same as above, no green check mark. Originally, my router was set to WPA2-PSK mode. I was on that mode yesterday afternoon and early this morning, on and off, my WiFi would work. I would see a white WiFi icon, then I know that my WiFi works and I'd see the green check mark and able to browse and use TuneIn radio (although connection is slow).

If it has trouble doing it elsewhere as well... then its definitely the bb and then i would suggest downgrading it back to the os that it was originally on and then have it replaced from wherever you got it from so that you dont have anymore headaches
    I have noticed that I am able to connect to WiFi now since upgrading my OS, compared to my old OS, but sporadically. Currently it is back to it's stubborn self of not connecting.
    Unfortunately, I don't have an option of returning this from where I got bought it. *sigh*

just a thought ... did you enable mac filtering? if yes... then add your bbs mac address.. if no... nevermind what i just said
    I checked the MAC filtering and it's not enabled.
    02-06-11 08:00 PM
    a little humour never killed anyone but seeing as you have a hard time taking it..

lets start with... the whole idea of a forum is so that information can be passed along on how to deal with problems of any sort... information that can be obtained usually by first reading or simply getting to know your device thoroughly... did you read the forum regarding your device? i ask this because your question may have been answered previously... did you learn about your device? did you even ask the smart rep for assistance? because judging from your previous post you mention you "setup my email already and register to smart BB Social DAY. I used it for the whole day only but the ff day until now i can no longer access to any application"; like what my friend klintoncloud said... that my dear is you enjoying bb access for 1 day only... emphasis on Social DAY

it seems that your bb has no problems whatsoever, except your 24 hours is up.. and now you are left with a fairly sophisticated smartphone that only can do texting until you re-register for bb service

i wouldnt mind re-registering your bb service for you, just pay for the plane fare. How does that sound?
    Im so sorry, didn't i mentioned that i register again the ff day since i only register for BB social DAY? i guess i know what DAY means... yes sir i have talked to a smart CSR. They are the one who told me that my setting device is different a need to be reprogram..hows that??
    02-06-11 09:47 PM
    @gebduraak (sorry for the wrong spelling)

my smart berry is working fine. i want my to registre my globe berry,

wot i did to my smart berry is also wot i did to my globe berry...

registred to globe.blackberry

registred to globe bis for one day

received confirmation that my request is being processed

after a day, havent received the confirmation...
    02-07-11 12:42 AM
    Im so sorry, didn't i mentioned that i register again the ff day since i only register for BB social DAY? i guess i know what DAY means... yes sir i have talked to a smart CSR. They are the one who told me that my setting device is different a need to be reprogram..hows that??
    this just shows how unfamiliar reps are with the devices they're promoting.. your bb is fine as it worked previously with that bb social DAY promo... and now all i can suggest to you is re register again or actually sign up for the monthly unlimited plan.
    02-07-11 03:26 AM

i really cant say much.. because this sounds like a problem from the globe side and probably nothing wrong with your phone... if your phone was registered with the globe bis.. there would have been something like "your phone has been registered.... rather than going back to globe centers periodically... call 211 from your phone... speak to someone and let them know about your problem so that they can double check immediately.. good luck
    02-07-11 03:33 AM
    Hello fellow BB users! I have a question here. I subscribed to the BB ON 50 a while ago and received the text from Globe saying that it's getting processed. Normally they activate it the moment I receive their text. Right now, my BIS isn't activated yet even though I did the batt pull. I tried using Twitter but here's what I'm getting: "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. If you want to use this application, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan." What's wrong with Globe now?
    BETTER call Globe's CSR but if you have the time it's BEST to go to their service center to have it personally verified.
    02-08-11 12:03 AM
    Promo lang po ba yung BB ON 50 ng Globe? I subscribed to their one day BIS but still no activation. Looks like my money went down the drain.
    FYI: BB ON (50, 220 and the likes) are NOT PROMOs like BB SOCIAL and BB MESSAGING which will be up and running until Apr. 15th, so don't fret about it.
    Did you checked your balance right after you sent BB ON 50? If you got deducted by it then go to Globe and file a report, they (Globe peeps) would surely see that you have been deducted and they can also verify if you have been registered or not to BB ON 50.
    02-08-11 12:08 AM

Just some clarifications first. How many blackberries do you own? I mean, if you have 1 for each carrier then that's fine, and we can't do anything about it but let Globe answer your question, coz it's obviously the carriers problem; but if you're using the same berry that you registered with Smart then maybe the problem is because the data plan you have on Smart is not yet finished, therefore, your PIN and IMEI is still under Smart's system that's why you can't use it on Globe's system. Capisce?
    02-08-11 12:15 AM
    If you wanna contact Globe's customer service re: BB plans etc, i suggest doing it via their twitter account! They respond much faster there if i may say so ...If you have a twitter account that is.
    02-08-11 12:19 AM
    . bump .

hi everyone
    02-08-11 12:43 AM
    . bump .

hi everyone
    Hello Ms. klintoncloud!

I posted in a thread you started, Pinoys with BB, but i think no one checks there anymore hehe. But in any case, it's alright since i got my answers here in this thread anyway
    02-08-11 01:28 AM
    New promo for Globe BB users.

Register "BB3plus1" and send to 8888, then subscribe to any Globe BlackBerry Monthly plan for three consecutive months, and get your fourth month for FREE!

Registration is exclusively for Globe prepaid and postpaid BlackBerry users until February 28, 2011.

Wonder if you can jump from one plan to another or you have to stay on one specific one for the three months.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 02-08-11 at 07:58 AM.
    klintoncloud likes this.
    02-08-11 07:51 AM
    guys can you give me an idea how to use the Facebook, Twitter applications in BB torch?
    02-09-11 09:49 AM
    @ evil bunny
    Oooh that 3+1 promo is niiice! Thanks for being the bearer of good news
    02-09-11 09:53 AM
    guys can you give me an idea how to use the Facebook, Twitter applications in BB torch?
    Hi, Im not sure I understand your question perfectly; but here goes. To use facebook and twitter on your blackberry first of, you have to install them. Most of the time, you can see them on your blackberry but it doesn't mean it's installed already. So be sure to install them first then you know the rest... Hope I answered your question.
    02-10-11 03:13 AM
    New promo for Globe BB users.

Register "BB3plus1" and send to 8888, then subscribe to any Globe BlackBerry Monthly plan for three consecutive months, and get your fourth month for FREE!

Registration is exclusively for Globe prepaid and postpaid BlackBerry users until February 28, 2011.

Wonder if you can jump from one plan to another or you have to stay on one specific one for the three months.
    Wow! This one will be super good news to hubby, but his problem is he cannot register to BB SOCIAL... I wonder why??? But I will definitely inform hubby about this Globe promo.
    02-10-11 03:15 AM
    Hello Ms. klintoncloud!

I posted in a thread you started, Pinoys with BB, but i think no one checks there anymore hehe. But in any case, it's alright since i got my answers here in this thread anyway
    Hi, yeah, I haven't the time to check most of the threads lately, been busy doing somethings but glad you found this thread. If you have any more questions there a lot of capable and willing people in this thread to help.
    02-10-11 03:17 AM
    Hi! I got my 9700 and 9300 through Globe's one day promo at Trinoma. Got it at plans 1799 and 499.

I have a question, is it possible to surf the internet if you are not subscribed to Globe's BIS?
    02-10-11 08:38 AM
    Hi! I got my 9700 and 9300 through Globe's one day promo at Trinoma. Got it at plans 1799 and 499.

I have a question, is it possible to surf the internet if you are not subscribed to Globe's BIS?
    yes any phone that has 3g/wap/grps capability can surf the internet. you will be charged per kb by globe
    02-10-11 08:43 AM
    yes any phone that has 3g/wap/grps capability can surf the internet. you will be charged per kb by globe
    That was quick, thanks! Time browsing is not applicable?
    02-10-11 09:12 AM
    That was quick, thanks! Time browsing is not applicable?
    it is applicable to any phone.. just becareful because you're on a plan and if you dont use the time browsing option.. you may be shocked with your bill
    02-10-11 09:24 AM
    Good morning friends

Question, Anyone here who uses Globe's BB SOCIAL ON? Can you still register to that? (Coz hubby can't and we're getting frustrated. We tried contacting everyone we can think of from Globe but no cigars. He wanted to try the new promo posted by evil.bunny but we can't seem to get pass BB SOCIAL ON )

Another is, Anyone having 3G Signal problems? My ineng (yes, i name my gadgets ) is constantly on GPRS signal. If I set the Mobile Network to 3G & 2G I would get 3g without the bb logo (So my ineng is just like any other ordinary phone that can text and receive calls and I don't want that. I'm on post paid unlisurf, so that means a waste of my hard earned money) and when I set it to 2G then that's the only time I get the caps GPRS. What gives? Help! Globe's CSR's are in their usual selves (READ: useless)....
    Last edited by klintoncloud; 02-10-11 at 06:06 PM.
    02-10-11 06:03 PM
    I'm here in Makati and both my 9300 and 9700 are displaying the 3G icon

Good morning friends

Another is, Anyone having 3G Signal problems? My ineng (yes, i name my gadgets ) is constantly on GPRS signal. If I set the Mobile Network to 3G & 2G I would get 3g without the bb logo (So my ineng is just like any other ordinary phone that can text and receive calls and I don't want that. I'm on post paid unlisurf, so that means a waste of my hard earned money) and when I set it to 2G then that's the only time I get the caps GPRS. What gives? Help! Globe's CSR's are in their usual selves (READ: useless)....
    klintoncloud likes this.
    02-10-11 07:33 PM
    I'm here in Makati and both my 9300 and 9700 are displaying the 3G icon
    Thanks for the reply cholo.
    Anyone near my area? I'm in Valenzuela City.....
    02-10-11 07:51 PM
9,279 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD