To tell you the truth buddy.... i wouldn't get my phone unlocked at all. If your phone is still under warranty. Allot of people here in the Philippines kinda screw up the unlocking part of Blackberrys. They think they know how but they really don't. For them it's a fast buck just to say they can. If you know what i mean. But if your really decided on unlocking your phone by all means. Its your phone. Just wait till your phone is out of it's warranty period. Just my 2 cents.
    Hmm.. I just got my BB last month, just before Christmas, so yeah it's still pretty much under warranty. The only reason i'm thinking of unlocking it is so i can use a Singtel prepaid 3G for my 1month stay in Singapore. Cos as i understand it, the roaming 3G rates are quite heavy on the wallet especially for 1 month so yeah hehe. I found a forum here at crackberry that unlocks BB's, cellunlock.net, Sorry for the OT but it's related to my Globe locked phone anyway. Hmm.. What to do.. what to do hehe
    01-30-11 02:08 AM
    Thanks for the reply! Globe says that the BB MSG plan is automatically deactivated once out of the country pero i'm just being extra sure since i'm a newbie BB user & i don't wanna be billed for stuff just 'cos i tdidn't turn off something on my phone hehe. My normal roaming for my # (text, calls) is automatically activated when im out of the country so does that mean, it'll still work (texts, calls) if i turn off the "data services while roaming" function in my BB options? That's just for the 3g stuff (mails, IM's, etc) right?

I've already checked and there is a prepaid Singtel sim 3G card but yes, as you've pointed out... naka lock out nga pala ako sa globe! Aaaaakkk! I'm tempted to have it unlocked para i can use that Singtel 3G prepaid card... hmmm...
    yup... you can turn off the "data services while roaming" so all calls will get through.. but as mentioned... ROAMING... so someway... you will get charged for it...

thats why i suggested bringing a old phone that is unlocked and then you can simply use a prepaid singapore sim.
    01-30-11 02:11 AM
    Hmm.. I just got my BB last month, just before Christmas, so yeah it's still pretty much under warranty. The only reason i'm thinking of unlocking it is so i can use a Singtel prepaid 3G for my 1month stay in Singapore. Cos as i understand it, the roaming 3G rates are quite heavy on the wallet especially for 1 month so yeah hehe. I found a forum here at crackberry that unlocks BB's, cellunlock.net, Sorry for the OT but it's related to my Globe locked phone anyway. Hmm.. What to do.. what to do hehe
    its a matter of choice really... when i first got my bb i didnt unlock it.. and then i knew i was going to singapore so i just brought the extra phone using my old globe simcard and activated the roaming on it

however since i travel back and forth to indonesia / philippines bringing 2 phones is a hassle... so i opted to unlock it... plus i believe that upgrading the os automatically voids the warranty because it wasnt globe issued so as long as i dont drop my baby im fine

unlocking your phone doesnt have any consequences, it just means that in the future it has a higher sell value and that you can use any sim card in it

just make sure that you use a legitimate unlocker and not a scam one... recommended ones are the ones found on crackberry
    01-30-11 02:19 AM
    I travel back and forth to the states and to Singapore and back here to the Philippines. I always bring an extra phone that's unlocked (i bring 3 BB's with me) And yes it is a huge burden bringing allot of phones. lol. Like i said it's really up to you if you want it unlocked. But like my good friend gedubraks said its good to bring an unlocked phone.
    01-30-11 02:43 AM
    The Noir Storm

( name ng 9550 =) )

3rd party
    bebuzz free
    google maps
    imagining theme
    lamour theme
    lightsaber
    nimbuzz
    opera mini
    quickpull
    teslapad
    wallpaper shifter
    whippoh
    zen six

add-on
    facebook
    yahoo messgenr

120mb free of 256

guy and gals, is there a better product than invisible shield?
    About the invisible shield... Good question! Lol
    01-30-11 02:45 AM
    Now that some of us have listed down our Apps that are on our BB's. What do you guys think uses allot of data?
    FB uses data when you get notifications etc.
    BeWeather uses data when you update the forecast.
    RSS feed uses data of course
    Pod cast uses data
    Hmmm...what else?
    01-30-11 02:52 AM
    @gedubraks, @ench18

Thank you for the replies, guys! I appreciate it! Actually, yes I always bring 2 phones with me when i go out of the country which is around once a month because i purchase local sim cards. But yeah, since it's only been 1month with my BB, i wanna get that Singtel 3G prepaid sim to use it with my BB heeehee. My 2nd phone now is my Nokia which used to be my main phone.

@gedubraks: can i ask where you got your BB unlocked?
    01-30-11 03:53 AM

@gedubraks: can i ask where you got your BB unlocked?
    i got my code from Blackberry Unlocker-Unlock your blackberry with 100% Accurate Blackberry IMEI unlock Code generated from Instant Blackberry Server and use your Blackberry with any GSM provider worldwide.Permanent Blackberry unlocking solution by blackberry unlocker.

i used the world wide express option .. all in all paid about 500++ pesos

Blackberry Bold IMEI Unlock Code
    , Number of Phones: 1 Bold Unlock Code , Select Mobile Network: Philippines – Globe $14.99 USD 1 $14.99 USD

service was fast, after paying, i got a email from them with the code badaboom my bb's unlocked
    japsuki likes this.
    01-30-11 06:19 AM
    i got my code from Blackberry Unlocker-Unlock your blackberry with 100% Accurate Blackberry IMEI unlock Code generated from Instant Blackberry Server and use your Blackberry with any GSM provider worldwide.Permanent Blackberry unlocking solution by blackberry unlocker.

, Number of Phones: 1 Bold Unlock Code , Select Mobile Network: Philippines – Globe $14.99 USD 1 $14.99 USD

service was fast, after paying, i got a email from them with the code badaboom my bb's unlocked
    Wow! Thats a great price for getting your phone unlocked.
    01-30-11 06:44 AM
    Wow! Thats a great price for getting your phone unlocked.
    ench not sure if that was sarcasm or not, price was reasonable... plus like you mentioned here in the philippines people will claim to know how to unlock... just for the sake of earning a quick buck... when for actual fact they dont know anything.. i dont trust anyone with my bb, theres no way i was going to leave it in the hands of some stranger to pick at it..
    01-30-11 07:04 AM
    ench not sure if that was sarcasm or not, price was reasonable... plus like you mentioned here in the philippines people will claim to know how to unlock... just for the sake of earning a quick buck... when for actual fact they dont know anything.. i dont trust anyone with my bb, theres no way i was going to leave it in the hands of some stranger to pick at it..
    Really that was a good price for having your phone unlocked! Here in some malls they charge you double for the price you just paid. And trust me they claim they've unlocked it but really they didn't. I had my daughter's Bold 9000 unlocked 2 months ago. And i paid 1,500 for it. And it wasn't unlocked. When i went back with my bodyguards the stall was closed.
    01-30-11 07:12 AM
    Really that was a good price for having your phone unlocked! Here in some malls they charge you double for the price you just paid. And trust me they claim they've unlocked it but really they didn't. I had my daughter's Bold 9000 unlocked 2 months ago. And i paid 1,500 for it. And it wasn't unlocked. When i went back with my bodyguards the stall was closed.
    ouch.. lol i never trust any phone shops at the mall ... even my cousin wanted to get his iphone fixed at a mall.. they wanted to charge him 1000 wtf?? highway robbery.
    01-30-11 07:16 AM
    Ah yes. Well there's only 1 place i'll have my phone touched if ever and that will be at my old friend's cell shop in Theater mall in Greenhills. But anywhere else....forget it! Lol.
    01-30-11 07:20 AM
    i got my code from

Since you've tried it, I guess that site is safe & legit! Thank you very much, Sir! By the way, if you don't mind me asking, are you Filipino or Indonesian? or neither? Just checking 'cos i might have used some filipino-english words in my previous questions...
    01-30-11 07:31 AM
    Hey guys! To all Globe and Smart users: I'd like to know what Applications you guys are running on your Blackberry's. This way we can help each other to know what app runs in the backgrounds of our phones without us knowing and plus to avoid mostly all our complaints about HUGE AMOUNTS of money going to our carriers. This is just another way of helping each other folks.

I'll start it off with what apps i have on my phone's:
    1. FB,
    2.Twitter,
    3.Google sync,
    4.Google maps,
    5.My BB Bat,
    6.myTimes,
    7.BlueSlate converter,
    8.CB launcher,
    9.YouTube,
    10.Simple screen shot,
    11.BB maps,
    12.Pod cast,
    13.Social feeds,
    14.BeWeather
    and the stock Instant mesengers. All of these i use on a daily basis. These are all the same apps that i use on my Bold 9700 and on my Torch 9800.

I hope we can all help each other on this. Thanks!
    Whats a good weather app for BB? and that does not have extra charges..=)
    01-30-11 07:56 AM
    Since you've tried it, I guess that site is safe & legit! Thank you very much, Sir! By the way, if you don't mind me asking, are you Filipino or Indonesian? or neither? Just checking 'cos i might have used some filipino-english words in my previous questions...
    Lol not that it matters much, im filipino-indonesian.
    01-30-11 09:22 AM
    Hey Smart and Globe users, I have a couple of questions regarding my current Blackberry data plan and a problem concerning my Torch 9800.

Let's start with the problem I'm currently experiencing. Every Blackberry I've used for Smart Buddy has had a SMART MENU, where I can check my current load balance, text offers, roaming, etc. But on my homescreen of my Torch, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I actually installed a different theme once, and magically it appeared, but after updating my OS, I can't seem to find it once again. If I pull out my sim and insert it to my old Curve, I can find the Smart Menu icon. What gives? Do you guys think this is software related? Any fixes for this?

Another concern I have is that I'm going to the States in a couple of months, and I will be turning on roaming so that I can still receive texts while I'm there. I am currently on Smart's Blackberry Social Lite data plan which includes social networking apps and Blackberry Messenger. My question is will I still be able to access these features while I'm there even if I'm roaming? Will I still be able to BBM while I'm over in the States? Thanks ahead of time. Appreciate it.
    01-30-11 10:31 AM
    Whats a good weather app for BB? and that does not have extra charges..=)
    BeWeather is good. I've been using it for sometime now. Pretty satisfied with it.
    01-30-11 11:08 AM
    Hey Smart and Globe users, I have a couple of questions regarding my current Blackberry data plan and a problem concerning my Torch 9800.

Let's start with the problem I'm currently experiencing. Every Blackberry I've used for Smart Buddy has had a SMART MENU, where I can check my current load balance, text offers, roaming, etc. But on my homescreen of my Torch, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I actually installed a different theme once, and magically it appeared, but after updating my OS, I can't seem to find it once again. If I pull out my sim and insert it to my old Curve, I can find the Smart Menu icon. What gives? Do you guys think this is software related? Any fixes for this?

Another concern I have is that I'm going to the States in a couple of months, and I will be turning on roaming so that I can still receive texts while I'm there. I am currently on Smart's Blackberry Social Lite data plan which includes social networking apps and Blackberry Messenger. My question is will I still be able to access these features while I'm there even if I'm roaming? Will I still be able to BBM while I'm over in the States? Thanks ahead of time. Appreciate it.

Hmm.. if i'm not mistaken Smart's menu sometimes disappears when i upgrade OS's (I'm using a Torch too for my Smart) When i last upgraded it disappeared also. But it doesn't really bug me. I don't need it actually. Try loading a new upgrading OS. What OS6 version are you using now? I'm using the new .450
    01-30-11 11:18 AM
    @ mmontanezz: answer to your 2nd question - yes you should. As long as your roaming is on you won't have any problems.
    mmontanezz likes this.
    01-30-11 11:21 AM
    hello, this is my first time owning a BB, and I'm really getting frustrated cause this is a brand new phone that when I connect to any wifi hotspot, I cant browse and it says its unavailable. Has anyone encountered this problem?

How did you fix this? I'm really getting frustrated but I sooo love my torch. I'm a globe user by the way

TIA to everyone!
    01-30-11 11:42 AM
    Hmm.. if i'm not mistaken Smart's menu sometimes disappears when i upgrade OS's (I'm using a Torch too for my Smart) When i last upgraded it disappeared also. But it doesn't really bug me. I don't need it actually. Try loading a new upgrading OS. What OS6 version are you using now? I'm using the new .450
    Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only user experiencing the same problem. It doesn't affect me that much also, but it's convenient I guess when checking my current load balance. I didn't have the menu with .337 and I upgraded to .450 yesterday also.
    01-30-11 01:09 PM
    @ mmontanezz: answer to your 2nd question - yes you should. As long as your roaming is on you won't have any problems.
    Okay, thanks a lot for your quick response. How would I turn on roaming again? Ugh, I was used to the Smart Menu on my Curve and now I'm clueless as to how to do so. But it's good to here that I can still be enrolled while roaming. I'm not planning on texting, just using it for BBM for my friends.

Anyway, thanks for your help ench18. If you wanna add me to your contacts, my pin is 22E384EA.
    01-30-11 01:13 PM
    hello, this is my first time owning a BB, and I'm really getting frustrated cause this is a brand new phone that when I connect to any wifi hotspot, I cant browse and it says its unavailable. Has anyone encountered this problem?

How did you fix this? I'm really getting frustrated but I sooo love my torch. I'm a globe user by the way

TIA to everyone!
    A little more info would help.. Like is it brand new to the point that wifi never worked? Or wifi did work.. Then you upgraded the os? What gives?

If you browse using 3g alone..does it work? We can't really help if you just tell us wifi isn't working because my answer would be:

If its a spanking brand new phone but can't connect to any wifi.. Take it back to globe and let them change it with one that works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 01:15 PM
    So I've read somewhere on this thread that Smart's Social Plan will expire January 31. Does anyone have any idea what the standard pricing will be after this promo? It's currently at 300 pesos/month.
    01-30-11 01:34 PM
9,279 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD