hey guys..
    need help here..
    i got my BIS to work using my smart prepaid sim.. got GPRS, logged in with twitter, FB, the works..
    i now have a smart gold sim plan 1200 (consumable).. plugged it in my BB, now i cant get BIS to work.
    now back to gprs, cant log in to FB and twitter (says that my current plan does not allow this) etc..
    can anybody help me?
    do i need to re-register with smart BIS or sumthin?
    i cant register with the smart BB daily/weekly/monthly plans.
    sayin sumthin about calling *888 to complete the registration.
    but nothin helps me when i call the number..
    thanks so much..
    Last edited by igingmd; 01-03-11 at 11:40 PM.
    01-03-11 11:09 PM
    another thing, all my invites in BBM are still pending.
    some of the invites are already more than a week old.
    but my status says im available..
    is there sumthin wrong here? or is it just that nobody wants to accept my invites? LOL

thanks!
    01-03-11 11:42 PM
    Have you tried asking globe to explain how you're getting the charged like that? For instance they may say that when you signed up to use BB SOCIAL.. The system hadn't registered you yet and when you started browsing you were being charged per KB?? I really have no clue on the matter as I'm using globes unlimited BIS and that adds up to roughly the same amount that you're being charged at the moment

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i know! i called them up and they just gave me a reference number to mention as they want me to call up again on jan 12 since my bill is going to be ready by then. they have written down the problem and have recorded it. i dont know if their system is still flawed with the blackberry services. yeah, i've subscribed to the BB max also but i dont really do mobile browsing i just want to use facebook twitter and bbm thats why i thought BB Social was a great subscription for me. i hope they fix this. thanks for the reply.
    01-04-11 01:03 AM
    hey guys..
    need help here..
    i got my BIS to work using my smart prepaid sim.. got GPRS, logged in with twitter, FB, the works..
    i now have a smart gold sim plan 1200 (consumable).. plugged it in my BB, now i cant get BIS to work.
    now back to gprs, cant log in to FB and twitter (says that my current plan does not allow this) etc..
    can anybody help me?
    thanks so much..
    Looks like you may need to re register the new sim card.. Snart reps should be able to do it on the phone after asking u tons of questions... My suggestion would be : go to the nearest smart store and tell them ur dilemma . Tell them you upgraded from a prepaid to a postpaid and they'll be more willing to help

01-04-11 04:24 AM
    i know! i called them up and they just gave me a reference number to mention as they want me to call up again on jan 12 since my bill is going to be ready by then. they have written down the problem and have recorded it. i dont know if their system is still flawed with the blackberry services. yeah, i've subscribed to the BB max also but i dont really do mobile browsing i just want to use facebook twitter and bbm thats why i thought BB Social was a great subscription for me. i hope they fix this. thanks for the reply.
    Calling won't really get you an answer.. I would go to a Globe store and talk to someone there.. Globe CS asked you to call back which personally for me translates that they're buying time to figure out how to justify their charging... Until ur bill comes out, it may be best to lay off the web browsing by GPRS and use wifi only

Sorry if I wasn't much help

01-04-11 04:57 AM
    ^
    the BB social wont give me an option to put on internet browsing in my browsers option really. so im stuck with hotspot browsing only. well i will do that sir. thanks so i dont know why theyre still charging me. oh well. i think they are still flawed and im one of the lucky ones that gets this kind of service from them. oh well. haha
    01-04-11 09:47 AM
    hey guys..
    need help here..
    can anybody help me?
    thanks so much..
    Hi igingmd. I'm also subscribed to the same postpaid plan you have with Smart. And yes, you would need to have your postpaid SIM card registered for the BIS. It would be best to visit a Smart Wireless Center to get this done.

As for the BlackBerry plans, I believe Smart would have to register on your behalf for, at least, the first two months of your Gold subsription with them. According to the rep I spoke with, they have to monitor the activity of your account prior to giving you the freedom to register for yourself (i.e. bill paid on time). Once you've "proven" yourself, they can increase the credit limit of your plan; thereby, allowing you to register without their assistance. It's an effed up strategy, I know. But if it works for them, then I guess I'm all for it.

In my case, though, a rep was more than eager to "tag" my account prematurely; hence, I can now register on my own. Why she did that, I do not know. Going the extra mile, maybe? Anyway, you might want to talk your way around and see how things shake off. They might be willing to budge as well. Again, it would be best to check your nearest Smart Wireless Center.
    01-04-11 12:10 PM
    Hi there. I have been receiving this error message quite frequently when using the Facebook application on a daily basis:

"We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)"

Is there a solution or at least a workaround for this? I'm currently on postpaid and subscribed to Smart's "BlackBerry Lite Social" plan, so no or expired data plan should not be the culprit. HELP!

Also, how do you browse the Internet using WiFi? I was able to establish a WiFi connection but I am unable to visit a site using the handset's browser. The WiFi icon on my homescreen is also grayed out despite the successful and strong WiFi connection. Are there more settings that I need to tweak? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by enonymity; 01-04-11 at 12:35 PM.
    01-04-11 12:20 PM
    Hi there. I have been receiving this error message when using the Facebook application quite frequently on a daily basis:

"We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)"

Is there a solution or at least a workaround for this? I'm currently on postpaid and subscribed to Smart's "BlackBerry Lite Social" plan, so no or expired data plan should not be the culprit. HELP!

Also, how do you browse the Internet using WiFi? I was able to establish a WiFi connection but I am unable to visit a site using the handset's browser. The WiFi icon on my homescreen is also grayed out despite the successful and strong WiFi connection. Are there more settings that I need to tweak? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
    Is that error only happening on the fb app? What about when you browse? Does it give you an error msg as well?? If yes, then its just a signal strength issue if browsing has no issues and its just the fb that's having the problem may I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling fb..

Regarding browsing using wifi only.. On a bold 9700 simply go to manage connections, turn off mobile network and use wifi only... Depending on your routers wireless configuration make sure that it doesn't have mac address filter enabled, if it does, you need to add your bbs mac address into the router settings... if your router is using WEP.. I highly recommend using WPA security instead.. I had difficulties connecting on my own router... Don't ask me why... It was something I noticed.. So as long as it works.. I'm not changing it anymore

Hope that helps

enonymity likes this.
    01-04-11 12:39 PM
    Is that error only happening on the fb app? What about when you browse? Does it give you an error msg as well?? If yes, then its just a signal strength issue if browsing has no issues and its just the fb that's having the problem may I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling fb..

Regarding browsing using wifi only.. On a bold 9700 simply go to manage connections, turn off mobile network and use wifi only... Depending on your routers wireless configuration make sure that it doesn't have mac address filter enabled, if it does, you need to add your bbs mac address into the router settings... if your router is using WEP.. I highly recommend using WPA security instead.. I had difficulties connecting on my own router... Don't ask me why... It was something I noticed.. So as long as it works.. I'm not changing it anymore

Hope that helps

Thanks for the response, gedubraks. I'm still wondering, though. Given that the issue is indeed signal strength, how come it still happens despite being on EDGE status with the reception icon on full five bars? Don't the EDGE/GPRS and the reception status dictate the signal strength of my connection? If it's perfectly normal, then I guess I shouldn't be worrying too much. I would still appreciate your two cents, though, because I still might be missing something here. Thanks in advance.
    01-04-11 07:00 PM
    Hi guys. Can anybody tell me how to associate my work e-mail account with my BlackBerry? I am using Outlook 2007 at work which I believe is connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. Would it be painstaking to set up? I would just like to receive and send e-mails while I'm on the go. Appreciate the help!
    Last edited by enonymity; 01-04-11 at 07:30 PM.
    01-04-11 07:20 PM
    Hi guys. Can anybody tell me how to associate my work e-mail account with my BlackBerry? I am using Outlook 2007 at work which I believe is connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. Would it be painstaking to set up? I would just like to receive and send e-mails while I'm on the go. Appreciate the help!
    Hi there, happy new year!

First, I can give you few advice if you are using globe (coz I'm globe). If so, if you are on prepaid you can subscribe on Super Surf or Power surf for a BIS or if you are on postpaid you must subscribe also to BIS which you can integrate your corporate email by ff this steps:
    1. Go to setup folder
    2. Click on Email settings
    3. If you are integrated your outlook email select other
    4. Provide email and password and in most cases, your done!

You can also set up email on your bb using this article http://bbry.lv/cAtpjy

Goodluck sir!

01-04-11 10:28 PM
    guys, my FB is not pushing notifications.. settings are okay.. twitter notification is also okay. already did bat pull.. what else could be wrong?? hno:
    01-05-11 03:30 AM
    @ lew.angeles: Its facebook that has a problem. Sometimes you get your notifications and sometimes you don't. I just got used to it.
    01-05-11 06:45 AM
    @ igingmd: Maybe your friends who you sent BBM invites to haven't accepted it yet. Text them and ask them to accept your invite.
    01-05-11 06:56 AM
    talked with a CSR and she said she will look into my request and that il expect a confirmation within 24 hours..
    its been 24 years now,still nothin..
    guess il just hav to go to a smart wireless center.
    thanks for the help everyone..

btw, one more thing, BBM wont work without BIS right?
    01-05-11 06:56 AM
    @ igingmd: Answer to your last question: BBM won't work without your BIS i think? I'm not sure if it will work with wifi. Haven't tried it yet.
    Last edited by ench18; 01-09-11 at 08:33 AM.
    01-05-11 06:58 AM
    guys dunno if this is the right forum,but countin on you guys to help me with my prob.
    kasi 1st to own a postpaid plan.
    just hav a question bout my billin..

it says my current balance is Php240.01
    it also says my running balance is Php706.50

my running balance goes up by 40-50php by the day..
    cud anyone explain to me these numbers..
    i have a 1200 smart gold plan (consumable) BTW..
    sory 4 bein such a noob..
    thanks..
    01-08-11 03:32 AM
    guys, my FB is not pushing notifications.. settings are okay.. twitter notification is also okay. already did bat pull.. what else could be wrong?? hno:
    Though it's true that fb app has the problem, I've found out that if some notifications don't get pushed, I automatically logout to fb, close fb then sign in. This proves to be true for me. After a fresh login I get all notifications again. Hope that helps.
    01-08-11 05:56 AM
    talked with a CSR and she said she will look into my request and that il expect a confirmation within 24 hours..
    its been 24 years now,still nothin..
    guess il just hav to go to a smart wireless center.
    thanks for the help everyone..

btw, one more thing, BBM wont work without BIS right?
    Unfortunately that is the problem with Smart. They have a lousy CSR and if you go to a Smart Wireless Center it'll eat up pretty much 45mins of your time before being served then another so-so minutes for them to solve your prob (if they solved it) Guess what I'm saying is, if you plan to go to Smart Wireless Center be there as early as you can. ok rant over, moving on...lol
    01-08-11 06:00 AM
    Unfortunately that is the problem with Smart. They have a lousy CSR and if you go to a Smart Wireless Center it'll eat up pretty much 45mins of your time before being served then another so-so minutes for them to solve your prob (if they solved it) Guess what I'm saying is, if you plan to go to Smart Wireless Center be there as early as you can. ok rant over, moving on...lol
    I agree with klintoncloud.
    01-08-11 06:10 AM
    To all you Smart postpaid and prepaid users. Have you all noticed a jump in your postpaid bills? Or a loss of credits to your prepaid?
    01-09-11 08:37 AM
    To all you Smart postpaid and prepaid users. Have you all noticed a jump in your postpaid bills? Or a loss of credits to your prepaid?
    Not yet. My first bill (my subscription's fairly new) came out fine. But should I be wary?
    Last edited by enonymity; 01-09-11 at 09:10 AM.
    01-09-11 09:05 AM
    I've been on Smarts Infinity for 6 years and on Globes platinum for 10 years. And i never saw my Smart bill go sky hi till today. Never happened on Globe. Allot of my friends are saying that Smart is doing some crap to their BB plans or something. I'm not sure about that though. i saw allot of hidden charges that i never saw before suddenly came out when i got my bill today. I'll find out more about this when i go to Smart and tell you guys.
    01-09-11 09:31 AM
    I've been on Smarts Infinity for 6 years and on Globes platinum for 10 years. And i never saw my Smart bill go sky hi till today. Never happened on Globe. Allot of my friends are saying that Smart is doing some crap to their BB plans or something. I'm not sure about that though. i saw allot of hidden charges that i never saw before suddenly came out when i got my bill today. I'll find out more about this when i go to Smart and tell you guys.
    Yikes! Please do tell once you get a hold of them.
    01-09-11 10:20 AM
9,279 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD