Hi guys. Really thrilled to stumble upon a forum thread dedicated to Filipino "Crackberry" users.

Anyway, I recently received an update that BlackBerry App World 2.0.1.12 is already available for download. I tried it out, but after downloading about 250KB of the application, I received an error message stating that the download/installation was unsuccessful. Are you guys experiencing this as well? Should I tweak some of my settings to get this done correctly?

I scoured the Web for some self-help articles in regards to the issue but was surprised to find complaints from different users about the new application. A lot of them, if not all of them, regretted making the upgrade. They say the application is faulty and half-baked. Should I just forego downloading it as well and be contented with whatever is preinstalled on my unit? Will I be missing anything important if I do so?

Just got my first Blackberry a couple of weeks ago when I signed up with Smart Gold, so I really haven't gone past the learning curve. I'm currently on the BlackBerry Social Lite plan and it has been cool, so far.
    Last edited by enonymity; 12-28-10 at 12:00 PM.
    12-28-10 11:55 AM
    Hi. My problem is still not solved :|

Im using Storm (9530) which came from the US and had it cracked here in the philippines. im currently using it with a globe sim card but when i tried the browser, its says

"Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.
    Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

i already went to a globe wireless center, but the people there said that they cant do anything with my phone since its from the US and that the phone did not come from them. plus that i don't have a "globe service book" installed on it, blah blah. But iam able to send text messages and even receive phone calls on my storm, using a globe sim.

I have also tried installing the OS provided by globe on their site for BB Storm, but still nothing changed.. i still can't access the browser, it still says the same thing and no globe service book. And the "verizon" logo still appears each time i open my phone. what can i do?

I have tried sending BB ON 50 to 8888, but the reply was "network out of order". I also tried registering through BlackBerry Internet Service.. and here's what i got..

but then when i tried registering again..

what should i do now?
    12-29-10 08:08 AM
    @ enonymity: The version of BlackBerry App World 2.0.1.12 is not faulty. Just try downloading it again. If the problem is still there, look for an older version lower than 2.0.1.12. Every time you install any kind of app do a battery pull. It always works! Don't be scared to explore your BlackBerry. Explore into your phone and you will see the enjoyment when you make those small tweaks to it. Lol. And welcome to the BlackBerry world and to Crackberry.
    enonymity likes this.
    12-29-10 08:29 AM
    @ trishadacanay: Try doing this on your Storm. Go to options/Advance options/Host Routing Table. You will see something like this:
    GPRS PH (515) [5*******]
    Wi -Fi [**}
    press the option button and you will see:
    View
    Register Now

Press Register Now. and wait for a message.
    12-29-10 08:44 AM
    @ enonymity: The version of BlackBerry App World 2.0.1.12 is not faulty. Just try downloading it again. If the problem is still there, look for an older version lower than 2.0.1.12. Every time you install any kind of app do a battery pull. It always works! Don't be scared to explore your BlackBerry. Explore into your phone and you will see the enjoyment when you make those small tweaks to it. Lol. And welcome to the BlackBerry world and to Crackberry.
    Thanks for the response, ench18. I've got a different problem, though. Upon performing a battery pull, my BlackBerry World App icon just diappeared. I haven't even updated it yet or anything -- it just went missing. I tried looking in all folders, unhiding everything that was there to unhide, but to no avail. What's more, I can no longer access either Facebook or Windows Live Messenger plus there are lags and delays when sending messages via BBM. I'm at wits' end!

I've visited a Smart Wireless Center and the rep told me that since I only subscribed for the Social package (I only get to visit social netwoking sites and use IM applications), the Blackberry App World icon would normally disappear and would just reappear when I subscribe to the Unlimited Surfing package (since obviously, the App World is not included in my current subscription). If this is true, then why is my connection suddenly affected? I've searched here and there for solutions but I'm still at a lost. There must be something wrong with the device, I just can't figure out what! Should I wipe it clean and start over?

Extremely frustrated already. HELP!
    Last edited by enonymity; 01-01-11 at 02:15 AM.
    01-01-11 02:05 AM
    @ enonymity: Oh ok, so you are just using the social networking plan? Not BIS... if you subscribe to your carriers (SMART) BIS.. you will be able to surf the Net and use all your social networks, push emails, APP WORLD etc. So your subscribed to only social networks like FB, yahoo messenger and twitter etc? No Surfing the net?
    01-01-11 07:55 AM
    @ enonymity: Oh ok, so you are just using the social networking plan? Not BIS... if you subscribe to your carriers (SMART) BIS.. you will be able to surf the Net and use all your social networks, push emails, APP WORLD etc. So your subscribed to only social networks like FB, yahoo messenger and twitter etc? No Surfing the net?
    Yeah. The Unlimited Surfing plan was a bit too steep for my budget, costing PhP1,200 for a month's subscription. And since the Social plan was on a promo of PhP299 until January 31st, I took a stab at it. It was working pretty fine in the beginning. No lags, no delays, connection was a breeze. I can get in and out of my social networking and IM apps with no issues. But since I did that battery pull, and since I lost the App World, connection became ****. It is very rare now for me to get into Facebook, always receiving the "We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)" error message. Windows Live Messenger isn't any different, giving me the "Cannot reach server" prompt. My instant messages via BBM fail to send almost 50% of the time. It's really frustrating.

Is there any way for me to optimize the connection speed and reliability? Smart isn't giving me answers, so this forums section is my last bet. Hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance.
    01-01-11 11:40 PM
    @ enonymity: Hmm... what else is wrong with your phone right now besides the one's you just mentioned? And one more thing what OS version is installed on your phone?
    01-01-11 11:50 PM
    enonymity: Regarding SMART Reps.... Don't rely on those reps. They don't really know what they are doing or have any idea on how to fix things.
    01-01-11 11:55 PM
    @ enonymity: Hmm... what else is wrong with your phone right now besides the one's you just mentioned? And one more thing what OS version is installed on your phone?
    enonymity: Regarding SMART Reps.... Don't rely on those reps. They don't really know what they are doing or have any idea on how to fix things.
    Those are the only issues I'm experiencing, so far. I'm thinking of having this handset replaced, but I'm pretty sure Smart will be most unwilling to do that for me. What irks me is the fact that I haven't even had this unit for a month, and it's already acting up this way. Do we have reputable service centers in the Metro where I can have this phone checked? I'm desperate.

Looking at the "About" section, my BB's OS is v5.0.0.681 (Bundle 1168, Platform 5.2.0.67). HELP!
    Last edited by enonymity; 01-02-11 at 01:30 AM.
    01-02-11 01:25 AM
    @ enonymity: PM me your PIN or cell number. I'll try to help you in anyway i can. I don't think it's your Phone that has a problem.
    enonymity likes this.
    01-02-11 01:29 AM
    @ enonymity: Pls check your inbox. I've sent you a PM.
    enonymity likes this.
    01-02-11 01:31 AM
    @ enonymity: PM me your PIN or cell number. I'll try to help you in anyway i can. I don't think it's your Phone that has a problem.
    @ enonymity: Pls check your inbox. I've sent you a PM.
    Thanks, ench18.
    01-02-11 02:50 AM
    I badly need help from anyone!! My phone is showing that I have 1 BBM from someone but when I check my BBM chat list I actually don't have. I already did a battery pull, end all the chats but its still their. Help pls!! And btw can I uninstall the BB messeger? If its possible how!?

Thank you!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-02-11 03:29 AM
    the solution to @enonymity's concerns, have your BB unlocked and switch to Globe..
    01-02-11 04:13 AM
    Hi, my Bold 9700 got stolen a few weeks back. I just have a few questions.. Two of my emails are registered in my bb, including being signed in to twitter, fb, and bbm. Should I be scared of being hacked?? Also, if the one who stole it sells my phone and gets it reset to factory settings, what happens to my bbm? Will my account be deleted..? or if the one who buys it uses the bbm, will he/she still be in my friends bbm lists??

Next, I'm planning to get a second hand BB 9650. Is getting a second hand bb a good choice? Or will it be hard for me to register to BIS if its second hand? My concern is that the phone I buy might already be registered to a BIS so I wont be able to register myself :-/

Hoping for your replies!
    01-02-11 05:02 AM
    you can have your pin blocked by RIM i guess.. anybody knows how?
    01-02-11 09:08 PM
    @ trishaglitzy: are you using Globe's BIS or Smart's BIS? If your using Globe's BIS go to: BlackBerry Internet Service
    For Smart's BIS go to: BlackBerry Internet Service
    You can delete your emails there. About your PIN being used.. you will have to call your carriers to have it blocked.
    01-02-11 11:23 PM
    Happy new year BlackBerry lovers! As a BB newbie, I have some questions again:

1) How do I surf the net using the browser when I'm under Globe's BB ON 50? Is this free?

2) Are there any fun apps or stuffs to add/download to my BB 9700? When I'm not texting or when I'm not around a WiFi hotspot I usually get bored with my BB fast. Help!
    01-03-11 05:09 AM
    @ blueairbender: Go to your browser and type a site that you want to see, and Yes it's free to surf the web using your Blackberry. Its unlimited for 1 day.

Answer for your 2nd Question: There are allot of apps that are free. I suggest you download away and try them one by one. Go to Blackberry App world and check out the free ones there or Check the ones here on Crackberry.
    blueairbender likes this.
    01-03-11 05:24 AM
    @ blueairbender: One more thing, keep an eye on your App memory. Don't load to much applications. Unless if you want your BB to slow down.
    01-03-11 05:28 AM
    1 Question to all of you BB 9700 users out there... any of you using OS6 on your 9700's?
    yup i am using it fine no problems
    01-03-11 06:34 AM
    Hi, my Bold 9700 got stolen a few weeks back. I just have a few questions.. Two of my emails are registered in my bb, including being signed in to twitter, fb, and bbm. Should I be scared of being hacked?? Also, if the one who stole it sells my phone and gets it reset to factory settings, what happens to my bbm? Will my account be deleted..? or if the one who buys it uses the bbm, will he/she still be in my friends bbm lists??

Next, I'm planning to get a second hand BB 9650. Is getting a second hand bb a good choice? Or will it be hard for me to register to BIS if its second hand? My concern is that the phone I buy might already be registered to a BIS so I wont be able to register myself :-/

Hoping for your replies!
    just like what ench18 said... whoever is your carrier... globe/smart... go to their store and tell them that your phone has been stolen... so that your pin can be blocked and hence unusable.. meaning the person whoever buys it from the thief... theoretically will not be able to use your phone for BIS and initially end up with a very sophisticated looking dummy phone.. capable of wifi only...

best bet is to inform all your friends who have you on their bbm list to delete you from their bbm because even if the phone has been reset to factory settings.. other people who already have that pin will still be able to see "you" on their bbm contact list

all i can say is ouch...
    Last edited by gedubraks; 01-03-11 at 07:11 AM.
    01-03-11 06:46 AM
    okay.. i dont know if im the only one experiencing this, but Globe is still charging me data charges and their 290 texted me that i have P3000 unbilled charges because of blackberry chrages. i subscribed with their new plan the 'BB Social' for 30 days and im a postpaid subscriber with a SuperPlan Call and text. i only use FB, Twitter (Ubertwitter), BBM and Y!M. I believe its all within the scope of the service of BB SOCIAL right? what might be wrong? please help. Im using a BB 9550.

Thanks in Advance guys.
    01-03-11 09:21 AM
    okay.. i dont know if im the only one experiencing this, but Globe is still charging me data charges and their 290 texted me that i have P3000 unbilled charges because of blackberry chrages. i subscribed with their new plan the 'BB Social' for 30 days and im a postpaid subscriber with a SuperPlan Call and text. i only use FB, Twitter (Ubertwitter), BBM and Y!M. I believe its all within the scope of the service of BB SOCIAL right? what might be wrong? please help. Im using a BB 9550.

Thanks in Advance guys.
    Have you tried asking globe to explain how you're getting the charged like that? For instance they may say that when you signed up to use BB SOCIAL.. The system hadn't registered you yet and when you started browsing you were being charged per KB?? I really have no clue on the matter as I'm using globes unlimited BIS and that adds up to roughly the same amount that you're being charged at the moment

01-03-11 01:45 PM
9,279 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD