I registered hubby's BB on Globe's BB Social plan last night, we got a reply saying its being processed. Everything is fine and dandy until I realized that he didn't have FB and Twitter yet. So I tried to download BB App World on his device using the browser unfortunately its says that that service is WiFi something but up till now the WiFi icon is still gray not white. And there are no other option on the browser but Hotspot Browser. What did I miss here? I mean should I load the full BIS for 1 day only and get all the apps i need or what? I'm really lost here because I didn't encounter this on my BB and I'm on a postpaid BB plan... TIA
    you should be able to download the social networking apps including IM's when you're subscribed to BB SOCIAL on "Internet Browser" since it's part of the package. If "Intenet Browser" is not available, "Hotspot Browser" should do the trick. Im on BB MSG since E-mail is more important for me, but when my subscription expires, im gonna switch back to full monthly BIS.. feels like my BB is incomplete w/o the rest of the BB services..
    12-11-10 04:55 AM
    To all globe users: Globe has been fixing their frequency since the start of december in some areas. So if any of you are having problems just bare with it for a while.
    this explains why my BB service would suddenly crash and the network would switch to GSM..
    12-11-10 04:58 AM
    @ lew.angeles: Specially if you live or work in the QC area. As far as i know some parts of Globe's towers (frequency) have been fixed. They had to fix the 3G signal or somewhat...
    12-11-10 05:31 AM
    anyone here uses torch on globe? my phone always crashes everytime i surf the internet. im on globe BB MAX.

thanks.
    12-11-10 10:05 AM
    Guys newbie here..

I just got BB bold 9700 and switch to prepaid since its cheaper. After I switched the sim cards and turn on my BB i received a message
    " Uncaught exception : Index 5>=5 "

whats this?? something wrong with my phone??

help guys

thank you
    12-12-10 10:34 AM
    @ archeaven: Do a battery pull and see how it goes. If it's still there you will have to load the latest or a higher OS for your phone. Hope that helps.
    archeaven likes this.
    12-12-10 07:20 PM
    @ archeaven: Do a battery pull and see how it goes. If it's still there you will have to load the latest or a higher OS for your phone. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much !!
    12-13-10 06:22 AM
    Hi guys need help with my FB

GLOBE user here..

after using 5 hours of FB on my BB and logged out then logged back in, im always receiving this error message. "Your login session has expired, please re-login to the Facebook application. ( 2102 ). after doing so received same message. whats wrong and what should i do?
    12-14-10 06:11 AM

@ ench18 : the error is still showing, how can i load the latest o higher OS?
    12-14-10 08:25 AM

@ ench18 : the error is still showing, how can i load the latest o higher OS?
    Did you install any new app on your BB? What 3rd party applications are you currently running? Try uninstall them one at a time and reboot every after uninstall and see if you keep getting the error, once the error stops, you should have an idea of which program is causing the problem. If you get all the way back to the basic load and are still having the problem, i'd wipe the device and reload the OS, BUT first, BACK UP your device.
    12-14-10 08:54 AM
    HELP Please, i registered my phone to BB SOCIAL ON. Full charged battery gets drained after 4 to 5 Hours of usage. The annoying arrows on the upper right part of the screen kept on appearing more than usual. So I deactivated it. Battery lasts for more than 20 hours depending on usage (which was the normal condition right before registerting to globe's promo). I activated BB ON 50, still normal (which I use also, together with BB ON 220, right before the promo was released.) HELP please! Phone is blackberry curve 8520
    12-14-10 09:19 AM
    Did you install any new app on your BB? What 3rd party applications are you currently running? Try uninstall them one at a time and reboot every after uninstall and see if you keep getting the error, once the error stops, you should have an idea of which program is causing the problem. If you get all the way back to the basic load and are still having the problem, i'd wipe the device and reload the OS, BUT first, BACK UP your device.
    Hi Klintonclound :

Thank you for the tip. I already deleted the apps that I downloaded on the 3rd party app. Tried doing a battery pull but said error still pops up.

Should I upgrade my OS or should I not. anyhow im not having a major prob with it should I just deal with it or what?
    12-14-10 02:06 PM
    Help!! ymail account not signing in on ym for 9300. and is there any free app for fb chat? thanks!
    12-15-10 11:40 PM
    Hi Klintonclound :

Should I upgrade my OS or should I not. anyhow im not having a major prob with it should I just deal with it or what?
    That's your prerogative. You can either reload, upgrade OS or just ignore it if you're not comfy tweaking your device and if you think it's not affecting anything else on your berry.
    archeaven likes this.
    12-16-10 01:20 AM
    Help!! ymail account not signing in on ym for 9300. and is there any free app for fb chat? thanks!
    Check your DATE/TIME settings. Go to Options>Date/Time. Mine is set to +8. Hope that helps.

There's no free app for fb chat.
    12-16-10 01:31 AM
    Check your DATE/TIME settings. Go to Options>Date/Time. Mine is set to +8. Hope that helps.

Mine is also set to +8. I get an error message of "Invalid yahoo id or password".
    12-16-10 04:32 AM

Nimbuzz is a free app includes FB chat, yahoo, twitter, etc. try it:here on appworld
    12-16-10 04:51 AM
    Hi! I have a concern regarding my phone, it's BlackBerry 8100.

I enrolled the other day for Smart's BlackBerry Social package. As soon as registered, i received the icons of the applications. Clicking on them prompted me to download the corresponding applications (and I learned from the Smart representative that there was no need to download the applications, supposedly).

When I clicked on "download", it said, "your handset does not meet the system requirement". what do i need to do?

I hope you could help me resolve this issue. Thanks.
    12-16-10 04:10 PM

yup, you can use FB chat thru Nimbuzz..
    12-17-10 04:02 AM
    Hi! I have a concern regarding my phone, it's BlackBerry 8100.

I enrolled the other day for Smart's BlackBerry Social package. As soon as registered, i received the icons of the applications. Clicking on them prompted me to download the corresponding applications (and I learned from the Smart representative that there was no need to download the applications, supposedly).

When I clicked on "download", it said, "your handset does not meet the system requirement". what do i need to do?

I hope you could help me resolve this issue. Thanks.
    what are the different packages of Smart for BB? prepaid and postpaid. thanks
    12-17-10 04:03 AM
    Hi! I'm new here. I just got a bb 9780 in SG unlocked. I know a lot already have asked but for the nth time what service provider is better for bb globe or smart?
    I've read previous pages but they were posted a year ago so i'm not sure if there are new plans out there?
    I'm more interested on the push mail since I need it for work. I need to get emails on time.
    I'm using a smart postpaid line right now and I haven't activated my BIS yet since I want to know which telecom is better for bb. Thanks.
    12-17-10 05:03 AM
    For Globe prepaid users, Blackberry MAX is now available.

"Surf worry-free on your BlackBerry with Super Surf for BlackBerry MAX - now available to Globe Prepaid subscribers! Enjoy unlimited surfing, email, social networking, chatting and streaming for only P60/day, P300/5 days, P1500/30 days! Text BBMAX INFO to 8888."
    12-17-10 06:27 PM
    Hi! I'm new here. I just got a bb 9780 in SG unlocked. I know a lot already have asked but for the nth time what service provider is better for bb globe or smart?
    I've read previous pages but they were posted a year ago so i'm not sure if there are new plans out there?
    I'm more interested on the push mail since I need it for work. I need to get emails on time.
    I'm using a smart postpaid line right now and I haven't activated my BIS yet since I want to know which telecom is better for bb. Thanks.
    Personally I use globe's postpaid plan with bb 9700 using os 6.. All my emails have been coming in fine on my bb without a hitch.. I had the same dilemma with which provider to go with when I was going to get my bb.. I eventually went with globe after seeing it took to well over an hour to get service from smart's service centers...
    12-18-10 07:01 AM
    @ archeaven: Sorry for the late reply... I'm guessing klintoncloud has helped you on your concern. I hope its working fine now. But if in any case you still need help.. Just PM me on how i can contact you and i'll gladly help you in anyway i can.
    Merry Christmas to you all!
    12-18-10 07:36 AM
    @ mja22: I use both Globe postpaid and Smart postpaid... I find Globe better than Smart. The bad thing with Smart is you get your emails like an hour after it was sent to you. Thats the only bad thing with them. (thats just me though). Try your Smart BIS 1st. Then weigh it from there...if you don't like it you can terminate your postpaid with Smart then move to Globe. Hope that helps.
    12-18-10 07:46 AM
9,279 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD