Im using Storm (9530) which came from the US and had it cracked here in the philippines. im currently using it with a globe sim card but when i tried the browser, its says
    "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.
    Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"
    i already went to a globe wireless center, but the people there said that they cant do anything with my phone since its from the US and that the phone did not come from them. plus that i don't have a "globe service book" installed on it, blah blah. But iam able to send text messages and even receive phone calls on my storm, using a globe sim. I have also tried installing the OS provided by globe on their site for BB Storm, but still nothing changed.. i still can't access the browser, it still says the same thing and no globe service book. And the "verizon" logo still appears each time i open my phone. what can i do?
    12-02-10 10:01 PM

I tried registering by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and clicking "Register Now." I got the message "Registration message sent!"
    Did you receive a confirmation email from BB that you're registered already? If not send Host Routing Table again.

Btw, Are you on a pre-paid or post-paid account. You may want to try any of the listed below to be able to activate BIS.

easiest way is to register to globe's prepaid BB Service.

Unlimited Full BIS
    <BB ON 50> send to 8888 (P50 for 1day)
    <BB ON 220> send to 8888 (P220 for 5days)
    <BB ON 1200> send to 8888 (P1200 for 30 days)

E-mail, BBM, and other IM's only
    <BB MSG ON> send to 8888 (P300 for 30days)

Social Networking, BBM, and other IM's only
    <BB SOCIAL ON> send to 8888 (P300 for 30days)

work for both Postpaid and Prepaid Sim. Globe has also several data plans available for postpaid. You can check out their site for that.
    xtine911 likes this.
    12-02-10 10:12 PM
    Im using Storm (9530) which came from the US and had it cracked here in the philippines. im currently using it with a globe sim card but when i tried the browser, its says
    "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.
    Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"
    i already went to a globe wireless center, but the people there said that they cant do anything with my phone since its from the US and that the phone did not come from them. plus that i don't have a "globe service book" installed on it, blah blah. But iam able to send text messages and even receive phone calls on my storm, using a globe sim. I have also tried installing the OS provided by globe on their site for BB Storm, but still nothing changed.. i still can't access the browser, it still says the same thing and no globe service book. And the "verizon" logo still appears each time i open my phone. what can i do?
    Do you have a data plan? You have to have a data plan first. Then resend your service books.
    12-02-10 10:14 PM
    Hello, i dont know if thishas already been discussed before, but will FB app work on wif? if so, how?thanks.
    Read it on the 9700 thread that it wont work on WiFi, unless you open FB using the browser.
    12-02-10 10:15 PM
    Do you have a data plan? You have to have a data plan first. Then resend your service books.
    sorry, what is a data plan?
    12-02-10 10:20 PM
    Did you receive a confirmation email from BB that you're registered already? If not send Host Routing Table again.
    I didn't receive a confirmation email. Then again, I don't recall entering my email address. Should I have entered my email address somewhere?

Btw, Are you on a pre-paid or post-paid account. You may want to try any of the listed below to be able to activate BIS.
    I'm on postpaid. Thanks, will give this a try too

Update: Sending BB ON to 8888 did the trick! After getting a text that my request was being processed, I went back to Host Routing Table and registered again. Immediately a few items showed up on my screen (GPRS PH, WiFi, etc).

Thank you again for all your help, klintoncloud!
    Last edited by xtine911; 12-02-10 at 10:54 PM.
    12-02-10 10:45 PM
    sorry, what is a data plan?
    Without a Data Plan, you have a nice device which will work for a WiFi-connected browser. No RIM push email or other applications which require the data plan ( i.e. internet related activities). Below are ways to register to Globe's data service. (Assuming, of course, you use Globe )

easiest way is to register to globe's prepaid BB Service.

Unlimited Full BIS
    <BB ON 50> send to 8888 (P50 for 1day)
    <BB ON 220> send to 8888 (P220 for 5days)
    <BB ON 1200> send to 8888 (P1200 for 30 days)

E-mail, BBM, and other IM's only
    <BB MSG ON> send to 8888 (P300 for 30days)

Social Networking, BBM, and other IM's only
    <BB SOCIAL ON> send to 8888 (P300 for 30days)

work for both Postpaid and Prepaid Sim. Globe has also several data plans available for postpaid. You can check out their site for that.

Thank you again for all your help, klintoncloud!
    No Problem
    12-02-10 11:34 PM
    Read it on the 9700 thread that it wont work on WiFi, unless you open FB using the browser.
    that's what im doing now since im on BB MSG bundle..lols. I hpe globe could come up with a bundle that has email, BBM/IM's, and social networking sites for a cheaper tag price. Im not really into browsing using my BB. struggle..lol
    Last edited by lew.angeles; 12-03-10 at 12:59 AM.
    12-03-10 12:56 AM
    please help me, i need to remove the ip policy on my second hand bb... its os is 4.1
    12-03-10 11:09 AM
    please help me, i need to remove the ip policy on my second hand bb... its os is 4.1
    IP or IT Policy? If it's IT Policy, you might wanna check on the how-to's thread. They have a lot of threads there that discusses removing IT policies....
    12-03-10 11:52 PM
    i've tried it, but there's no PolicyManager folder on the registry on rim. Thats why I can't load the blank policy.bin...
    Last edited by johnmizer; 12-04-10 at 03:24 AM.
    12-04-10 12:43 AM
    2240d159 add me on my bbm tnx mga kababayan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 10:40 AM
    OMG! change my BB & lost all my BBM groups & contacts, the backup & restore didn't work,
    can anyone send me invite? to all our local BB groups, my pin 2146170C

TIA
    12-04-10 10:52 AM
    anybody know of any promos for blackberry besides the regular BB DAY/WEEK/MONTH plans??
    12-07-10 12:01 PM
    Does the BB ON 50 (Super Surf for one day) work for postpaid subscribers? Last time I asked a Globe representative, she said postpaid users only have the per month option.
    12-08-10 04:19 AM
    @jeanrmrz I'm on Globe postpaid and BB ON 50 worked for me last time I tried
    jeanrmrz likes this.
    12-08-10 04:21 AM
    please help!! im really frustrated. Im currently using BB bold 9700 and i'm having trouble registering to GLOBE text promos like unlitxt,sulitxt etc. I kept on registering on it but the reply was always "the keyword you type is invalid" but I'm really sure that i typed the correct words in able for me to register on a particular text promos. When i check on my balance, it worked except for the text promos. HELP!!!:smileysad:
    12-08-10 05:10 AM
    @jeanrmrz I'm on Globe postpaid and BB ON 50 worked for me last time I tried
    Thanks! But are you sure that you are only charged P50 for the service?
    12-08-10 05:18 AM
    @jeanrmrz I sure hope so I have yet to receive my bill but I don't see any reason why I would be charged more
    12-08-10 05:32 AM
    Thanks! But are you sure that you are only charged P50 for the service?
    Just make sure your browser is set to BB's "Internet Browser" .. as for the other apps like FB, BBM, etc, they work on BIS only sono need to worry. But for you to have peace of mind, just delete the "GlobeWap" service book...
    12-08-10 06:07 PM
    It's great to see fellow Filipinos on this site
    12-09-10 09:04 AM
    I registered hubby's BB on Globe's BB Social plan last night, we got a reply saying its being processed. Everything is fine and dandy until I realized that he didn't have FB and Twitter yet. So I tried to download BB App World on his device using the browser unfortunately its says that that service is WiFi something but up till now the WiFi icon is still gray not white. And there are no other option on the browser but Hotspot Browser. What did I miss here? I mean should I load the full BIS for 1 day only and get all the apps i need or what? I'm really lost here because I didn't encounter this on my BB and I'm on a postpaid BB plan... TIA
    12-09-10 09:52 PM
    @klintoncloud I'm currently on the BB Messaging plan and my WiFi icon is also grey but I'm able to browse on it. When you're on the BB Messaging plan you shouldn't be able to browse using WAP right? So I'm assuming I'm browsing the Internet through WiFi even though the icon is grey. My browser is also set to Hotspot Browser btw. HTH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xtine911; 12-10-10 at 01:59 AM.
    klintoncloud likes this.
    12-09-10 10:58 PM
    please help!! im really frustrated. Im currently using BB bold 9700 and i'm having trouble registering to GLOBE text promos like unlitxt,sulitxt etc. I kept on registering on it but the reply was always "the keyword you type is invalid" but I'm really sure that i typed the correct words in able for me to register on a particular text promos. When i check on my balance, it worked except for the text promos. HELP!!!:smileysad:
    Make sure the case is correct. Like "BB ON 50", not "Bb on 50".
    Also make sure there is no space at the end of the line. Sometimes, when using autocomplete, the phone adds a space at the end.
    12-11-10 01:15 AM
    To all globe users: Globe has been fixing their frequency since the start of december in some areas. So if any of you are having problems just bare with it for a while.
    12-11-10 01:21 AM
9,279 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD