nice.. Globe wont do that..
    Globe will also activate your BIS but their standard spiel for subscriber who get their BB on there own is that they will not be held accountable if it didn't work on your BB. But that's just crap. Me and 2 of my sisters all got our BB elsewhere and we all heard that from Globe and we are all on there BIS. I think that's just there way of saying go buy our phone, or somethin'
    11-30-10 01:29 AM
    Hi guys pls help. I've been using my Bold 9700 for the past days using the built in hotspot browser via wifi since my BIS isn't activated yet, but now the browser just won't open...

I tried tinkering all possible settings (browser config etc,...) my phone is tmob unlocked.

Pls help..
    Have you tried Batt pull?
    Did you install anything lately?
    Did you try to manually connect from your WiFi?
    11-30-10 01:31 AM
    ^

I just installed bolt... Next thing The hotspot wouldn't work via wifi anymore. Is it supposed to work like that? The browser is inactive until BIS is activated?

Yes tried the batt pul several times, this BB is useless now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 10:19 AM
    there should be a Hotspot browser.
    12-01-10 01:39 AM
    how much does globe charges for unlimited bb service (post paid)? what are the inclusive of this bb service unli? Thanks.
    12-01-10 04:22 AM
    how much does globe charges for unlimited bb service (post paid)? what are the inclusive of this bb service unli? Thanks.
    PhP1200 for Unlisurf for BB.
    Services included: Unlimited Internet surfing, FB, Twitter and the BBM.
    Another plan is PhP1500 for BB Unlisurf MAX.
    Services included: All that's mentioned above + media streaming...
    These are all ADD-ON plans only. I'm not sure about other stand alone plans.
    12-01-10 04:33 AM
    Thanks... medyo mas mura pala ang Sun... hehehe 999 lng... =)
    12-01-10 04:41 AM
    Hi My dad gave me a Blackberry Curve 8520 that he got from Smart for renewing his contract with them. The problem is, I'm a Globe user. If I can get this phone unlocked, is there anything else I need to do? There's a sticker on the BB's box with the IMEI and PIN, so I don't know if I'm correct in assuming the phone is already Smart-BIS activated? Does this mean I'd have to have the PIN released by Smart first? And how would I go about this? Do I have to use my dad's phone to call Smart? I have a prepaid Smart sim that I bought to try the phone out.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated
    12-01-10 08:20 PM
    Hi My dad gave me a Blackberry Curve 8520 that he got from Smart for renewing his contract with them. The problem is, I'm a Globe user. If I can get this phone unlocked, is there anything else I need to do? There's a sticker on the BB's box with the IMEI and PIN, so I don't know if I'm correct in assuming the phone is already Smart-BIS activated? Does this mean I'd have to have the PIN released by Smart first? And how would I go about this? Do I have to use my dad's phone to call Smart? I have a prepaid Smart sim that I bought to try the phone out.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated
    If your dad got the phone from Smart then that BB is locked to them (Smart Telecomm), meaning you can't use it using your Globe SIM. All BB smartphones have their IMEI and PIN sticker on the box, that does not mean it's BIS-activated already. And I'm pretty sure Smart Telecomm will not unlock your BB so that you can use it using their competitor SIM card. You can try to go to Greenhills and have it unlocked but it's highly unlikely that anyone there will touch it w/o saying that if anything goes wrong they will not be held liable.
    12-01-10 08:30 PM
    @klintoncloud Thanks for your input I'm planning on having it unlocked through cellunlock.net. Do you think it's a bad idea?

Would there be any way to check if BIS has already been activated?
    12-01-10 08:38 PM
    ^honestly, I don't know. Haven't tried cellunlock.net
    Check your Service Books if you already have those, then yes, it's already activated. But no worries, If you changed the SIM with data capable SIM then you can have it re-activated even from a different carrier, that is, if it's unlocked already . No need to deactivate the BIS from Smart.
    12-01-10 08:46 PM
    How would I be able to check if I already have Service Books?

And what do you mean by data-capable SIM? I've had my Globe sim for a few years already. Does that mean I need to get a specially issued data-capable SIM to be able to use my current number with the BB (assuming I can get the phone unlocked of course)?

Sorry for sounding like a total noob, I hope you're not too tired of answering my many questions yet
    12-01-10 08:51 PM
    On our BB go to Options>Advance Options>Service Books.

If your planning on using Globe, then that shouldn't be a problem. I think Globe SIMs are data-capable already.

No prob, happy to help.
    12-01-10 09:03 PM
    @klintoncloud

Went to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book

and this is what I found:

✓WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]
    ✓WAP Browser(SMART) [Browser Config]
    ✓MMS Client [MMS]
    ✓SMART MMS [WPTCP]
    ✓WAP SMART [WAP]
    ✓Wap Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
    ✓Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
    ✓Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]

Does that then mean that BIS has already been activated by Smart? But no need to have it released before I switch to Globe?
    12-01-10 09:11 PM
    That's a short list, hmmm, on your signal indicator does it say 3g or 3G with bb logo? edge or EDGE? If your using WiFi, Is it white or gray?
    12-01-10 09:23 PM
    On my signal indicator, it says "gprs" with no BB logo. WiFi is gray and I can browse on WiFi (since the prepaid currently has no load so I'm pretty sure I'm browsing on WiFi ).

I forgot to mention it says on the box "preactivated with MMS and Mobile Internet" so maybe that's the only settings that were preloaded on the BB and not BIS?

Btw there's also a sticker on the box that says "Sandbox Ready" but when I used the BB for the first time (with my Globe/invalid sim), the Sandbox app wasn't installed. When I bought a Smart sim to test the phone out, the Sandbox app was there when I turned on the phone again.
    12-01-10 09:32 PM
    That clears a lot. Yes, its not BIS active.

Re: Sandbox, you don't see it using Globe because its a Smart App.
    xtine911 likes this.
    12-01-10 09:38 PM
    @klintoncloud Thank you! I really appreciate your help & can only hope to be able to pass on the favor to other BB users someday

I already sent an email to cellunlock, hope they are able to unlock my phone so I can finally use it
    12-01-10 09:45 PM
    No prob
    12-01-10 09:54 PM
    Hi, new bb user po, how to optimize the use of a bb 8520 po? pa add naman po sa bb im...
    12-02-10 12:20 AM
    Hi, new bb user po, how to optimize the use of a bb 8520 po? pa add naman po sa bb im...
    Try this forum, very helpful. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    12-02-10 12:58 AM
    @klintoncloud Thanks for your input I'm planning on having it unlocked through cellunlock.net. Do you think it's a bad idea?

Would there be any way to check if BIS has already been activated?
    CellUnlock is good. Used their service about 4 times when in Canada. It worked well.
    12-02-10 05:27 AM
    Thanks, Varadigm. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be using my Globe sim on my BB already
    12-02-10 05:30 AM
    Update: Already have my phone unlocked thanks to cellunlock.net How do I get BIS activated on this thing? Do I go to globe.blackberry.com through the BB's browser or do I do it on my laptop?

I tried registering by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and clicking "Register Now." I got the message "Registration message sent!"

After this I went to globe.blackberry.com on my laptop's browser but when I entered my PIN & IMEI, this message popped up:
    "Your device has not yet been registered with the network. Please refer to the Getting Started documentation on how to register your device before you continue. If you choose to proceed with this account setup process before registering your device you may be sent to a Blackberry service home screen with reduced service features until you have registered your device."

When I try to access globe.blackberry.com on my BB's browser, it says, "Your device is not registered. Please register your device and try again."

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
    Last edited by xtine911; 12-02-10 at 08:52 PM.
    12-02-10 07:51 PM
    Hello, i dont know if thishas already been discussed before, but will FB app work on wif? if so, how?thanks.
    12-02-10 07:59 PM
9,279 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD