new torch working with globe bis, no problems with push email and bbm
    10-22-10 03:08 AM
    Hi guys I would like to ask if you have already updated your firmware?

I bought an openline (unbranded) BB 9700. I was able to subscribe to Globe's BIS. I was looking for firmware updates and I saw on the Blackberry site (Software Download for Globe Telecom), it already has the 5.0.0.726 version (mine is still 5.0.0.593).

My question is, if I am to perform the update, would might phone become branded/locked to Globe?

Also, I would like to ask how you guys were able to update your software?
    10-24-10 09:58 AM
    yup, last time was on August 2010 (5.0.0.743).. waiting for OS 6

My question is, if I am to perform the update, would might phone become branded/locked to Globe?
    Nope. not at all

connect you BB to your PC and use BB desktop manager or bbsak
    10-24-10 11:58 PM
    i don't have any idea why i cant register anymore to smart bis. also, i don't have any idea why my bb eats up my credits. after an hour, it had eaten up 50 php. The only way to stop it is to turn it off. Help please.
    10-25-10 11:27 PM

I bought an openline (unbranded) BB 9700. I was able to subscribe to Globe's BIS. I was looking for firmware updates and I saw on the Blackberry site (Software Download for Globe Telecom), it already has the 5.0.0.726 version (mine is still 5.0.0.593).

Mine was updated to .862 from Globe and now I did another update to .979 but that version is not from Globe.

There is a thread here on how-to's you'll see there diff ways of doing an update, that's what I did just don't forget to back up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 12:39 AM
    Guys i need help, i just changed to globe and registered to their blackberry prepaid plan. I successfully register but after about an hour my signal went to "GSM" and cant do anything till now. Anyone experienced this from globe? or any solution? No edge or 3g signal. I thought my phone has some sort of problem but when i put back my smart sim, it has 3g signal. Please help, thanks in advance.
    10-26-10 04:33 PM
    Guys i need help, i just changed to globe and registered to their blackberry prepaid plan. I successfully register but after about an hour my signal went to "GSM" and cant do anything till now. Anyone experienced this from globe? or any solution? No edge or 3g signal. I thought my phone has some sort of problem but when i put back my smart sim, it has 3g signal. Please help, thanks in advance.
    I did, what I would normally do is go to options>mobile network> then change "network selection mode" to MANUAL then choose GLOBE 3G. If you still can't find it there go to a different spot of the place you're at. That's just the problem with Globe's 3G it's not as steady as Smart's. Hope that helps.

10-27-10 01:26 AM
    Does anybody know if Globe or Smart support UMA, to enable wifi voice calls?

Thanks.
    10-27-10 04:06 AM
    Does anybody know if Globe or Smart support UMA, to enable wifi voice calls?

Thanks.
    Nope, No telecom in the Philippines supports UMA.
    10-27-10 04:33 AM
    Not to sound like an ***, but this is a thread for Globe/Smart users who most likely will know how to speak Filipino anyway. And it would be better for someone who doesn't have mastery over english to use filipino to convey their questions... I mean which would you rather read? Something in filipino that's easy to understand? or a mishmash english sentence that would make you expend precious brain power to decipher?

I'd go for Filipino Just keep the jejemon text out. The guy you quoted seemed to be doing jejemon. lol
    I kind of disagree with that statement. How would someone who actually has knowledge about his/her problem be able to answer it if they don't understand the question in the first place? I'm here in Bohol, but I can't speak fluent Visayan/Tagalog. I wouldn't know how to reply to his question.
    10-27-10 11:34 PM
    Guys, I have the new torch. I'm registered to Smart's network. BIS works fine. All I did was send BB Day (50 pesos/day) to 2207. After doing so, you should go to Host Routing Table and register for their service books. I gave my BB a soft reset and everything seems to be working fine. I can access the FB/Twitter apps with no problem. BBM is also activated. Speed of the network is ehh, I can't complain. I'm on GPRS (I guess the signal over here in Bohol is kinda weak) but I can sometimes access the 3G network. I wish I had more "baon" hehe to be able to take advantage of the monthy data plan (1200pesos).. Any other Torch users in the Visayan region? Or any in the Phils?

10-28-10 08:45 AM
    im on torch too but i am waiting for sun cellular to activate my bis. by the way, my wife bought an openline/unbranded unit in abu dhabi for only 25k and comes with one year warranty. how i wish i got mine there as well.....
    10-29-10 08:05 AM
    im on torch too but i am waiting for sun cellular to activate my bis. by the way, my wife bought an openline/unbranded unit in abu dhabi for only 25k and comes with one year warranty. how i wish i got mine there as well.....
    Sun huh? You can't just register straight from your phone? You head over to Host Routing Table and register, and you should be able to connect to BIS. By the way, what part of the Phils are you located and where did you get your Torch? I guess were currently one of the few who own the Torch over here hehe.

10-29-10 12:09 PM
    nope im a postpaid subscriber. had to go with sun because it has a good signal at my workplace. i got it from manila and i live in central luzon. i think there are a lot of torch owners here in the phil. already because it is selling like hotcakes in greenhills....
    10-29-10 07:38 PM
    Heads up.

"GLOBE Advisory: BlackBerry is scheduled to conduct a maintenance activity in order to continue to provide you with the best BlackBerry experience. From Oct 30, 11 PM to Oct 31, 3 AM, all Asia Pacific users including the Philippines will not have access to send/receive e-mail and IMs on their BB phones. But you can still continue to enjoy call, text and internet browsing services."
    10-30-10 08:18 AM
    nope im a postpaid subscriber. had to go with sun because it has a good signal at my workplace. i got it from manila and i live in central luzon. i think there are a lot of torch owners here in the phil. already because it is selling like hotcakes in greenhills....
    Wow. I would of never figured.m I guess since Bohol is kind of isolated from the mainland, I wouldn't really know. By the way, how much did you get your torch for?

10-30-10 10:02 AM
    around 30k.....
    10-30-10 06:26 PM
    Hey everyone. I've been a BB user for about 7 months now and I'm pretty much satisfied with my BB. I still find Globe's BIS fees a little steep but its really helpful whenever we lose internet connection at home.

I also experienced having my OS wiped out while upgrading my Facebook app. It helps that I'm such a huge geek cause I was able to reinstall my OS on my own B-)

I'm thinking of switching to an Android when I have enough money though. Convince me to stay?

11-03-10 10:49 AM
    Hey everyone. I've been a BB user for about 7 months now and I'm pretty much satisfied with my BB. I still find Globe's BIS fees a little steep but its really helpful whenever we lose internet connection at home.

I also experienced having my OS wiped out while upgrading my Facebook app. It helps that I'm such a huge geek cause I was able to reinstall my OS on my own B-)

I'm thinking of switching to an Android when I have enough money though. Convince me to stay?

It all really depends on your taste. Do you like the Blackberry interface & experience? I've been a user for over 4 years now and I've never switched from BB. What model are you using now?
    11-03-10 02:18 PM
    mga kababayan! OS6 is very slick!!! DL nyu na for 9700!!!
    11-03-10 09:40 PM
    mga kababayan! OS6 is very slick!!! DL nyu na for 9700!!!
    Is this the .344 leak? How is it? I'm planning on upgrading too but I think I'll wait another week. Lol. Any bugs you've noticed so far?

11-04-10 12:50 AM
    Try going on the 9700 forums. I'm sure they'll have reviews about the current OS that your planning on upgrading to.

11-04-10 08:01 AM
    Try going on the 9700 forums. I'm sure they'll have reviews about the current OS that your planning on upgrading to.

I've been lurking there for awhile now and to the other forums here just wanted to ask someone from the philippines. Was thinkin' maybe we purchased it from the same source - greenhills

11-04-10 08:12 AM
    I've been lurking there for awhile now and to the other forums here just wanted to ask someone from the philippines. Was thinkin' maybe we purchased it from the same source - greenhills

I see, I got my phone abroad hehe. Glad to know there are plenty of BB users here in the Philippines.
    11-04-10 12:08 PM

im going android too. just waiting for my phone. im keeping my bb tho i still have a couple months of bis service.
    11-05-10 08:23 AM
9,279 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD