thanks for the replies guy. by the way, i can't use yahoo messenger and facebook on wifi. i still haven't activated bis yet. is this the reason? but im trying to connect thru wifi.....
    Yep. you need the service books from BIS. Also ym app only works on bis. If you want it to work over wifi, get IM+ or beejive
    10-12-10 07:52 PM
    afaik unlimited internet between iOS/android/symbian(meron pa ba nun?)/WM and our BB would cost you more its 1500. if its just for bb its 1200. well the what those "bright CS" people told me. coz when i called them up to sign up for my bis they offered me that 1500 option.

i was looking at suns bis service i think it is more expensive 999 for just the BIS compared to globe and smarts 700 or that higher plan. tama ba?
    10-14-10 12:10 PM
    afaik unlimited internet between iOS/android/symbian(meron pa ba nun?)/WM and our BB would cost you more its 1500. if its just for bb its 1200. well the what those "bright CS" people told me. coz when i called them up to sign up for my bis they offered me that 1500 option.

i was looking at suns bis service i think it is more expensive 999 for just the BIS compared to globe and smarts 700 or that higher plan. tama ba?
    dude,

unlimited internet for WM, iOS and android would only cost 1200.

Globe offers 1200 for Globe APN and 1200 for BB APN

Also offers 1500 for both APN's
    10-14-10 12:14 PM
    thats what i was trying to say guess i just didnt just word it out right.... lol

anyhow so if you put your bis activated sim to say, an android and you use the internet thingie would you get charged for the data?
    10-14-10 08:46 PM
    thats what i was trying to say guess i just didnt just word it out right.... lol

anyhow so if you put your bis activated sim to say, an android and you use the internet thingie would you get charged for the data?
    If you have the 1200 plan, you will be charged. If you have the 1500 plan, you wont be charged
    10-14-10 08:55 PM
    Hello noob here. Whats BIS? I want to surf the net without using wifi. And also check my mails. Do I have to set it's 3G settings? How about GPRS and MMS? And also, Do we really have to install an anti-virus? thx!
    10-15-10 10:20 PM
    Hi, I'm newbie here..

I'm having a hard time registering in BIS (globe provider) it always says error or denied on something, I really want to use other application of my handset (FB, Twitter for BB and YM). However in other application like Ubertwitter, Plurk and Tumblr i have no problem with them.. Can somebody help me find the way. Im really desperate.
    10-16-10 02:20 AM
    Hello noob here. Whats BIS? I want to surf the net without using wifi. And also check my mails. Do I have to set it's 3G settings? How about GPRS and MMS? And also, Do we really have to install an anti-virus? thx!
    BIS - Blackberry Internet Service. You need to create an account to begin sending and receiving email on your BlackBerry device. In order to set it up, go to your wireless provider's website and access the Blackberry Internet Email setup. Or access it thru your BB. >menu>setup>Setup Wizard>Email Setup.
    Last edited by klintoncloud; 10-16-10 at 02:41 AM.
    10-16-10 02:28 AM
    Hi, I'm newbie here..

I'm having a hard time registering in BIS (globe provider) it always says error or denied on something, I really want to use other application of my handset (FB, Twitter for BB and YM). However in other application like Ubertwitter, Plurk and Tumblr i have no problem with them.. Can somebody help me find the way. Im really desperate.
    Hi, try this KB14378-How to change the login mode for a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    10-16-10 02:34 AM
    hi there. i have already applied for sun BIS. do i have to set it manually or it will be automatically set? thanks
    10-17-10 05:54 AM
    New BB user here...
    both Smart and Globe user...
    But i prefer SMART BIS in browsing the net...
    10-18-10 03:21 PM
    Can you email already?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-20-10 02:49 AM
    Welcome to the. BB world!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-20-10 02:50 AM
    pano eh activate ang internet sa blackberry? kung may mali, plz huwag nyo lagay sa funny pic itong msg ko =)

ps, can i speak in filipino?
    10-20-10 08:44 AM
    is anyone here currently using an at&t unlocked bb torch with globe telecom?

any compatibility issues? is everything working properly, push email, bbm?
    10-20-10 09:08 AM
    pano eh activate ang internet sa blackberry
    Didn't I answered your question already? Do you need a step by step instructions? Below is my answer to your question before. Please note that to be able to see the Email Setup, you have to have a data plan first.

In order to set it up, go to your wireless provider's website and access the Blackberry Internet Email setup. Or access it thru your BB. >menu>setup>Setup Wizard>Email Setup.
    10-20-10 06:59 PM
    pano eh activate ang internet sa blackberry? kung may mali, plz huwag nyo lagay sa funny pic itong msg ko =)

ps, can i speak in filipino?
    No, you cannot. Philippines is trying to become a modern country .. please let it do so by speaking a global language.
    10-20-10 09:17 PM
    No, you cannot. Philippines is trying to become a modern country .. please let it do so by speaking a global language.
    Not to sound like an ***, but this is a thread for Globe/Smart users who most likely will know how to speak Filipino anyway. And it would be better for someone who doesn't have mastery over english to use filipino to convey their questions... I mean which would you rather read? Something in filipino that's easy to understand? or a mishmash english sentence that would make you expend precious brain power to decipher?

I'd go for Filipino Just keep the jejemon text out. The guy you quoted seemed to be doing jejemon. lol
    10-20-10 09:31 PM
    Thank you so much klinton. BIS is up and running =). Reason why I can't connect is that I'm on 2g. Now, I'm studying this PIN messaging/BBM thingy =)

There goes patriotism... =)

I doubt it if there are jejemons out there who use blackberries. Wot would be the use of suretype, qwerty if they would use their language. But, I would like to see one... or not That would be blasphemy
    10-21-10 02:08 AM
    Thank you so much klinton. BIS is up and running =). Reason why I can't connect is that I'm on 2g. Now, I'm studying this PIN messaging/BBM thingy =)

There goes patriotism... =)

I doubt it if there are jejemons out there who use blackberries. Wot would be the use of suretype, qwerty if they would use their language. But, I would like to see one... or not That would be blasphemy
    No problem . Happy to help.
    10-21-10 02:21 AM
    is anyone here currently using an at&t unlocked bb torch with globe telecom?

any compatibility issues? is everything working properly, push email, bbm?
    i also have a bb torch. i applied for sun BIS but they didn't approve it because torch is not supported as what they said......

i already have unlimited supersurf on my iphone so im going to try smart on my torch.....
    10-21-10 04:10 AM
    i asked globe, they can't guarantee compatibility, but i was able to find users in other forums successfully using bb torch with globe bis.
    10-21-10 07:24 AM
    i asked globe, they can't guarantee compatibility, but i was able to find users in other forums successfully using bb torch with globe bis.
    I think the 'compatibility issue' is just to make sure you do not expect too much from them since the phone was not provided by the network. hard to trust what the networks say nowadays.
    10-21-10 07:54 AM
    Speaking global language = becoming a modern country....
    I have a number of friends who would want to question that. haha. But let's not bring them here. It'll be boring not to mention OT. haha

Been with my BB for two months now and I am happy. I was trying to convince most of my friends to have their own BB but the iphone4 hype is so strong right now. Functionality wise, BB is still the best!
    10-21-10 08:08 AM
    Do we really have to put an Anti-virus on berries? if so, wot would you recommend? =)

^^ is that a myphone case or something?
    10-21-10 07:56 PM
9,279 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD