magkanu ba ang data plan sa pinas? am bb users
    1200 pesos. Rougly US $23

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 12:16 PM
    I have a BB 8520 and am postpaid at Globe (no BIS). Does anyone know if this unit will work in Japan?
    10-02-10 12:39 AM
    I have a BB 8520 and am postpaid at Globe (no BIS). Does anyone know if this unit will work in Japan?
    Nope. You need a 3G capable phone in japan.

10-02-10 01:17 AM
    Yeah I also tried registering to their 5 day Supersurf Max. Same reply from Globe. The reason they gave me why I cannot register to their service is that I am on Time Browsing which was AUTOMATICALLY PROMPTED by their system. They are still baffled as to why it happened. So I asked for a manual activation to shift to KB browsing as I cannot do it via KB to 1111. Again the technical support guy admitted that they also don't know why an error prompts in their system and I've talked to 5 different CSRs already.

Premise:
    1. I cannot shift to KB browsing on my part.
    2. THEY (GLOBE) cannot shift my account to KB browsing on their part.

Ergo,
    1. I won't be able to register to the unlimited service for BB Max.
    2. THEY (GLOBE) cannot register my account to the unlimited service for BB Max.

I also asked for their manager, but the rep told me crap about how they would solve this problem and that this is an isolated case, etc. My BB is sitting idly for a week now. The service was good for a month then all of a sudden all this problems surfaced. I'll drop by their Business Center later to give them a piece of my mind. I'm very disappointed with Globe.

Alright, I went to Globe's Business Center at Greenbelt 3 last night. Here's what I got from there rep there.

1. Those ****** you talk to on their hotline are not Globe employees, they (CSRs in the hotline) are a third party contact center. Hence, they are not empowered to deal directly with your account. What they do is make a report and forward it to Globe for action. Just a note: Maybe if we are inquiring about offers by Globe then we can call the hotline(which also they are not that reliable), but for account related problem it would be better to deal directly with the Business Center (though it defeats the purpose of having a hotline). Bottomline, screw the hotline. Go to the Business Center directly.

2. On my problem, the rep from the Globe Center also cannot do anything about it. Their systems seems to be at fault. She said she will make the necessary report (again). But this time it's direct to Globe. No more switching of responsibility. I'm hoping this will be more promising than the wasted 7 days calling their hotline.

3. The rep from the center actually computed my charges (without me asking for it) and she pointed out some charges that should not be there. Kudos to her initiative. She made a report to reverse my charges which amounted to around Php3,200. I did not even raise this question to her. I told her I already paid the bill as soon as I got the online billing, but told me there's no problem and that it will be reversed.

So all in all, I got a fruitful discussion at the Globe Center. Hopefully they will keep their word and actually act on it. But I'm feeling positive about it.
    10-02-10 03:48 AM
    guys if you can, just subscribe to the monthly unlimited BIS service from your carriers and save yourself the hassle and confusion. just my 2 centavos.
    Dude, with all due respect. The monthly unlimited BIS service from my carrier is the source of my hassle and confusion.
    10-02-10 03:52 AM
    Hi.. Just wanna ask.. My friend has a 8520, he upgraded his version to 5.0. Now, when a new sms message comes in, it doesn't show in the SMS folder. He needs to go to options>view folders>SMS inbox just to retrieve his messages.. By the way, my friend is using SMART. I hope to get an input to this.. Thanks

10-02-10 07:27 AM
    Hi.. Just wanna ask.. My friend has a 8520, he upgraded his version to 5.0. Now, when a new sms message comes in, it doesn't show in the SMS folder. He needs to go to options>view folders>SMS inbox just to retrieve his messages.. By the way, my friend is using SMART. I hope to get an input to this.. Thanks

Did you check if he has the sms folder set to hidden? just click the bb button (the one to the left of the trackpad) while in the main menu and click on show all
    10-03-10 12:37 AM
    Dude, with all due respect. The monthly unlimited BIS service from my carrier is the source of my hassle and confusion.
    No dude, your problems stem from idiotic CSR's haha! BTW, when i had a DB issue with my PIN, i had the contact center fix it for me. Not the business center. But goodluck! Hope they finally fix your problem
    Last edited by drichhhh; 10-03-10 at 12:48 AM.
    10-03-10 12:41 AM
    Did you check if he has the sms folder set to hidden? just click the bb button (the one to the left of the trackpad) while in the main menu and click on show all
    Thanks for the input drichhhh.. Its not hidden though but the good news is, I was able to fix it by simply doing a battery pull. Hehe.. Wierd but it worked.

10-03-10 02:12 AM
    Thanks for the input drichhhh.. Its not hidden though but the good news is, I was able to fix it by simply doing a battery pull. Hehe.. Wierd but it worked.

That's great! Congrats!

10-03-10 02:15 AM
    It's been a week since I started calling them about the problems in my account. After seven days, still no resolution on the problems presented. I've been with Globe for 5 years already. Only now that I experienced this kind of dumb Customer service with them.
    It can be done at Center level. Have you solved your problem? I may be of help regarding this. Msg me your details and I can have someone from a center fix your problem. I had that problem too. =) Took a good 5 min.
    10-03-10 10:00 AM
    Hi,

How long does it take to activate a Super Surf BB Max Plan? When I applied for it yesterday, they said 24 hours, but until now, it has NOT been activated.

I called the service center three times already and so far, they can't give me a definite period when they can activate the service! argh...

Btw, I got my blackberry bold 9700 outside of globe. The CSRs told me that I might have a problem with my BB as i didnt get it from globe (they said some services may not work properly). Is this true???

Anyway, so far, my BB is basically working as a basic phone - for calling and texting only. No emails, no bbming, no FB no twitter. sucks
    10-04-10 02:39 AM
    Hi,

How long does it take to activate a Super Surf BB Max Plan? When I applied for it yesterday, they said 24 hours, but until now, it has NOT been activated.

I called the service center three times already and so far, they can't give me a definite period when they can activate the service! argh...

Btw, I got my blackberry bold 9700 outside of globe. The CSRs told me that I might have a problem with my BB as i didnt get it from globe (they said some services may not work properly). Is this true???

Anyway, so far, my BB is basically working as a basic phone - for calling and texting only. No emails, no bbming, no FB no twitter. sucks

Globe just sucks that way. They take forever to sign up. Anyway would suggest you just try for manual activation call a supervisor or something.

And no, whoever told you that the 9700 will not work just because you bought it from a third party is an *****. Everything works fine. Mine didnt come from Globe. ****, all my relative's BB's didnt come from globe and they all work.
    10-04-10 02:47 AM
    Globe just sucks that way. They take forever to sign up. Anyway would suggest you just try for manual activation call a supervisor or something.

And no, whoever told you that the 9700 will not work just because you bought it from a third party is an *****. Everything works fine. Mine didnt come from Globe. ****, all my relative's BB's didnt come from globe and they all work.
    thanks. this is my first BB so im realllyyyy a newbie lol
    ill go to the center tom if things don't progress. and good to hear that my BB will work fine
    10-04-10 03:18 AM
    It can be done at Center level. Have you solved your problem? I may be of help regarding this. Msg me your details and I can have someone from a center fix your problem. I had that problem too. =) Took a good 5 min.
    Hi trissie! Already sent you a msg. Thanks in advance!
    10-04-10 07:44 AM
    No dude, your problems stem from idiotic CSR's haha! BTW, when i had a DB issue with my PIN, i had the contact center fix it for me. Not the business center. But goodluck! Hope they finally fix your problem
    Drichhhh, unfortunately they haven't fixed my problem. Went to the center again this monday night. They said they could not do anything and that I need to wait another 24 hours. I could not believe when they said that line again. Honestly, I'm tired of hearing that '24 hour' spiel.
    10-04-10 07:49 AM

Right on drichhhh. Sometimes Globe reps are just full of BS.
    10-04-10 07:56 AM
    unfortunately for us who may not have the time and or just sick of standing in line for some "customer service" our other and only option is to call up those airbags at the call center. the "HELP" line unfortunately is a mess that causes more confusion than convenience unless you have platinum subscriber (but then again i have friends who tell me they get crappy csrs even on platinum). makes me wonder how the h3ll does that call center for globe pass their CSATs. if anyone here works at globe please fix your sh!t up. its not even funny anymore. im sorry fellow bb users i just had to vent. not apologizing to globe tho.
    10-04-10 12:01 PM
    Anyone here who have a 9700 and tried upgrading OS? Mine is running on the stock OS which is V5.0.0.593 and was just wondering if anyone tried some of the threads here regarding the leaked OS or something... Thanks
    10-05-10 01:48 AM
    Drichhhh, unfortunately they haven't fixed my problem. Went to the center again this monday night. They said they could not do anything and that I need to wait another 24 hours. I could not believe when they said that line again. Honestly, I'm tired of hearing that '24 hour' spiel.
    Update guys! Globe's Greenbelt Center called me this afternoon to inform that they we're able to finally sort out my problem. Now, i'm officially shifted to to KB browsing and immediately applied to the unlimited surfing (Supersurf max). I asked them what was the source of the problem and all they said that it was an internal error.

So i guess this is the time I post my pin here: 222BA791. Add me up.
    10-05-10 06:08 AM
    globe should really rethink the callcenter handling their account
    10-05-10 06:36 AM
    Amen to that stewie.
    10-05-10 07:03 AM
    Could not agree more.
    10-05-10 07:19 AM
    Or maybe Globe should have a dedicated BB Reps.
    10-05-10 07:57 PM
    Or maybe Globe should have a dedicated BB Reps.
    Not a bad idea. But they should get somebody from RIM to train their personnel. I remember one rep who gasped at me when I told them I wanted to shift to KB browsing from Time. She said "why would you want to shift to kb?" all aghast like I uttered something taboo. I need to (re)educate her that being a BB user, KB is more convenient for me than TIME.

Globe reps are still caught up with the iphone hype, they forget the other services they offer.
    10-06-10 03:41 AM
9,279 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD