245CB958 please add me up... thanks
    07-06-10 07:56 AM
    Hi guys. I just bought an unlocked 9650 from sprint on ebay. Since this ships as an "unlocked" phone that works with both CDMA and GSM, I don't have any problems about the networks. But I wanna ask if I will have problems regarding APN/BIS services when I finally get it and pop in my Globe simcard.

Thanks!

R
    07-09-10 02:32 AM
    hmm, globe doesnt guarantee that their BIS will work on non-Globe Blackberry handset. But you can try it though. my BB storm is not from Globe but i get to enjoy their BIS..

Guys, question.. does the batterry drains rapidly when GPS is turned on or only when your using MAPS? Thanks.
    Last edited by lew.angeles; 07-09-10 at 07:39 PM.
    07-09-10 07:36 PM
    Hi guys. I just bought an unlocked 9650 from sprint on ebay. Since this ships as an "unlocked" phone that works with both CDMA and GSM, I don't have any problems about the networks. But I wanna ask if I will have problems regarding APN/BIS services when I finally get it and pop in my Globe simcard.

Thanks!

R
    There may be a slight chance that you may have problems, but I've bought 2-3 Blackberries from Greenhills, in Manila and they all worked right off the bat with prepaid BIS.

If there are problems, just call the hotline and tell them straight up that it's not a Globe phone if they ask.
    07-10-10 04:05 AM
    Guys, question.. does the batterry drains rapidly when GPS is turned on or only when your using MAPS? Thanks.
    The correct phrase is "battery drains", not "battery drains rapidly". Not unless you're using GPS on a Windows Mobile phone, lol
    07-10-10 04:19 AM
    Anything that uses the radio uses battery.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-10-10 07:27 PM
    Be sure to close apps not just pressing back or escape...
    07-13-10 12:14 AM
    i was on globe for the past 3 weeks.
    i was on prepaid.
    i found bbm to be slow. was not as fast as texting.
    the good thing though was the free browsing on opera mini. lol, dont know if that was supposed to happen cause it said only free for messengers and social sites. even my weather apps worked fine.
    07-18-10 11:41 AM
    The correct phrase is "battery drains", not "battery drains rapidly". Not unless you're using GPS on a Windows Mobile phone, lol
    i noticed that malakas sa batt yun phone specially pag nag fufluctuate service ng carrier. after the typhoon last week and we had electricity failure and palipat lipat ng service yun phone ko mas mabilis naubos ang batt.
    07-20-10 12:14 AM
    i noticed that malakas sa batt yun phone specially pag nag fufluctuate service ng carrier. after the typhoon last week and we had electricity failure and palipat lipat ng service yun phone ko mas mabilis naubos ang batt.
    I would love to help you out. However, I simply don't speak tagalog. It would be awesome if everyone on crackberry typed in English purely due to the fact that this is a North American website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 09:58 AM
    Hello guys,

I'm new here. hehehe. Glad to know that there's a thread here at CrackBerry with pinoy users.

Anyways, hope to connect with you all!
    07-20-10 10:42 AM
    anyone upgraded to os 6 yet? im thinkin of upgrading im just a bit hesitant
    07-20-10 08:44 PM
    It will slow your Storm 2 stewie. It's like a Windows 7 running on old hardware - slow to a crawl.
    07-20-10 10:54 PM
    anyone upgraded to os 6 yet? im thinkin of upgrading im just a bit hesitant
    I don't think OS6 is released yet...

07-21-10 06:57 AM
    oh ok.. good i will not upgrade... annoying lang when im in a groupchatroom minsan hindi lumalabas keyboard.... oh well..... thanks varadigm and primouno
    07-21-10 07:41 AM
    Hi!

I'm planning to get a BlackBerry soon, the white 9700 specifically. However, I've heard news about troubles in activating BIS from globe using a white bold. Is there any truth in this? I hope you can help me out because the primary reason I want to get a BB is the internet access, and without the BIS, I think it'd be quite useless..

Thanks!
    07-23-10 01:52 PM
    Hi!

I'm planning to get a BlackBerry soon, the white 9700 specifically. However, I've heard news about troubles in activating BIS from globe using a white bold. Is there any truth in this? I hope you can help me out because the primary reason I want to get a BB is the internet access, and without the BIS, I think it'd be quite useless..

Thanks!
    Nah! Not true. I bought my white 9700 2 months ago from Tmobile UK and had it unlocked. I didn't experience any hassle in registering my PIN and IMEI no. from the globe BIS website. I'm still on Globe BIS up to now and still loving my whiteberry. :-)

Just make sure you bought a brand new unit from a trusted seller. And follow each step when registering your phone to blackberry internet service.

07-23-10 05:33 PM
    Nah! Not true. I bought my white 9700 2 months ago from Tmobile UK and had it unlocked. I didn't experience any hassle in registering my PIN and IMEI no. from the globe BIS website. I'm still on Globe BIS up to now and still loving my whiteberry. :-)

Just make sure you bought a brand new unit from a trusted seller. And follow each step when registering your phone to blackberry internet service.

Oh great. Thanks for the reply! Now, I can buy my bb already. HAHA.
    07-23-10 10:55 PM
    I'm currently unsubscribed to the BIS for 4 days now but I've noticed that whenever I'm in a wi-fi hotspot, Twitter for Blackberry is still working (sign appears as EDGE) but other apps like YM or Facebook doesn't work.

Am I just lucky? Haha.
    I've got this too. Twitter works via wifi!
    07-24-10 07:07 AM
    It shouldn't take more than 24 hours to have your BIS activated. Mine took less than 2 hours to be activated.

A friend had a similar problem and I think he had a bad PIN. Are your berries globe/smart issued?

Is the 3g/edge icon appearing as 3G or EDGE? If yes, it means it's activated.

I'd call globe or smart to have it expedited or better yet, visit a globe center, they will be able to immediately fix it unless you have PIN isssues.

My bold is globe locked so i didnt have problems when I had BIS activated. I am now alternating my bold with an 8900 which is not locked to globe. STill no issues.

I have a sure fire way of saving up on your bill. Pin me ( use the second PIN)
    hi. i'm new in the bb world and i'm still thinking of getting the data plan so i can't PIN you. but i'm very interested on your tip for saving up on my bill. i'm thinking of getting the minimum 700 plan with globe but i'm not sure yet as to what this minimum plan will give me. like, how many browsing minutes, email, im's? also, if i get this how many bbm's (local and international) will i be able to send? i really need help on this coz i want to be able to understand what i'm getting into first. thanks!
    07-25-10 10:56 PM
    afaik the 700 plan is just for activation of the bb service and you can use na your bbm. all other data used will incur their regular rates. BBM is free. i was gonna get the 700 before then i was told that. so i took the 1200 unlimited everything. i leave my YM retrieve emails chek fb twitter surf and dont have to worry bout anything. plus i think mms kasali na rin. i havent paid for any kb since i subscribed to it. hth
    07-29-10 12:14 AM
    FYI!

Unlimited Access to BlackBerry Internet Service (1,199)

Includes � Email, BlackBerry Messenger, IM, Social Networking and Internet Browsing on a BlackBerry device

ADDED FEATURE:

Unlimited Access to Internet and WAP

Includes � Internet/WAP Browsing on BlackBerry device or PC (using the BB Device as a modem), Video Streaming and data access for 3rd party applications

Inclusive of BIS Access Fees

HURRAY!
    07-29-10 03:26 AM
    FYI!

Unlimited Access to BlackBerry Internet Service (1,199)

Includes � Email, BlackBerry Messenger, IM, Social Networking and Internet Browsing on a BlackBerry device

ADDED FEATURE:

Unlimited Access to Internet and WAP

Includes � Internet/WAP Browsing on BlackBerry device or PC (using the BB Device as a modem), Video Streaming and data access for 3rd party applications

Inclusive of BIS Access Fees

HURRAY!
    No more GPRS surcharges...
    07-29-10 03:27 AM
    Video streaming like youtube using mobile network is not included on the unlimited plan. FYI

07-29-10 03:33 AM
    hi, newbie here.
    just want to ask what other applications do you recommend to be installed to your BB aside from fb, twitter and yahoo.
    is there a way to save these applications to my memory card?
    thanks.
    07-31-10 02:22 PM
9,279 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD