Whoa, whoa, wait a sec. .419 is actually the latest release for BlackBerry Storm 9530. If .801 was released, it was released for BlackBerry Storm 9500 probably. So, be careful because your phone sig says you have a 9530.
    My bad.. i guess globe telecom doesnt have BB storm 9530 on its list of phones then.. i think it's just for 9500..

Thanks
    05-19-10 11:03 PM
    Hi everyone! It's my first time here on crackberry.com.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I got a Storm 2 last December (which is really great, I like it so much. ). I enrolled BIS through smart.blackberry.com. I got a one day unlimited plan to try it out and it worked like magic. But now, when I try to login into smart.blackberry.com for service book sending,

"Cannot log in: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
    your wireless service provider at 888-1111, or *888 from your cellphone."

comes out. I contacted smart through their twitter account and the best they did was delete my BIS account. Therefore, I tried to make a new one. This time, I can't get pass the part where smart.blackberry.com asks for PIN and IMEI. Every time I enter the info, "Cannot create account: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated." comes out.

All the suggestions the smart twitter had made did not work (battery pull, subscribe to a BIS plan etc.).

Can anyone help?
    SAME PROBLEM for me... But im a globe subscriber.

GLOBEs' reply :

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please be informed that as we’ve checked, your Blackberry service is not provided as well as your internet settings. We would like to inform you that we do not have access for manual configurations of Handsets bought from other country. In order to begin sending and receiving email on your Blackberry device you need first to create an account on globe.blackberry.com BlackBerry Internet Service. Please be advised that this service works only for Handsets that are Globe provided, for your convenience we will be providing you the procedure but we cannot assure you that this will work 100%.
    If you’re already done with the registration before, we do apologize for the inconvenience if you cannot log-in or if you will encounter any difficulty. This is due to the configuration of your handset since this is not Globe provided. We do not have access to unlocked settings of handsets bought from other country.

Of course i've been registered before and did get to recieve emails for 1 day on my BB storm but lately i wondered why i haven't been getting any emails so it logged in to globe.blackberry.com but i can't logged in anymore.. WEW!
    Last edited by Xerc; 05-19-10 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-19-10 11:14 PM
    SAME PROBLEM for me... But im a globe subscriber.

GLOBEs' reply :

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please be informed that as we�ve checked, your Blackberry service is not provided as well as your internet settings. We would like to inform you that we do not have access for manual configurations of Handsets bought from other country. In order to begin sending and receiving email on your Blackberry device you need first to create an account on globe.blackberry.com BlackBerry Internet Service. Please be advised that this service works only for Handsets that are Globe provided, for your convenience we will be providing you the procedure but we cannot assure you that this will work 100%.
    If you�re already done with the registration before, we do apologize for the inconvenience if you cannot log-in or if you will encounter any difficulty. This is due to the configuration of your handset since this is not Globe provided. We do not have access to unlocked settings of handsets bought from other country.

Of course i've been registered before and did get to recieve emails for 1 day on my BB storm but lately i wondered why i haven't been getting any emails so it logged in to globe.blackberry.com but i can't logged in anymore.. WEW!
    This is based solely on my experience:

You will NOT be able to register or log-in to the BIS website of either network provider if you are NOT subscribed to BIS at the time that you tried to register/log-in.
    05-20-10 01:48 PM
    Great tip! So,actually how much is the per kB charge or is this 1200/1300 ,unlimited (I wish!) ?
    For the unlimited BIS package, there is no KB cap for all BIS-related apps (BBM, YM, Twitter, FB, etc) and browsing using the Internet Browser.
    05-20-10 01:52 PM
    mga gurus, just got the new bb from globe, how can i transfer my contacts on my nokia 5800 to my new curve? paano diskarte dito? thanks..
    05-22-10 10:17 PM
    Guys noob questions on using BB, sorry..

If i added a friends PIN on my BB and send messages, paano nagwowork ito? sa gprs/edge ba sya dumadaan on sending or in case if your connected sa wifi don sya mag send? just wondering as i dont want to have extra charges sa plan ko sa globe. thanks..

Also, another one, yung BIS, did registed sa BIS then added my yahoo email, just want to ask if i'm not connected to wifi, gprs/edge gagamitin nya to connect / read mails? what if i just want to use wifi lang? possible ba yon? there a way to configure it na if i'm not connected to wifi, hindi sya mag download ng emails? (FYI, as my work place and home is on Wifi, kaya i dont want to use gprs/edge or yugn globe network.

thanks in advance sa suggestions.. mabuhay..
    05-23-10 07:41 PM

If i added a friends PIN on my BB and send messages, paano nagwowork ito? sa gprs/edge ba sya dumadaan on sending or in case if your connected sa wifi don sya mag send? just wondering as i dont want to have extra charges sa plan ko sa globe. thanks..

Also, another one, yung BIS, did registed sa BIS then added my yahoo email, just want to ask if i'm not connected to wifi, gprs/edge gagamitin nya to connect / read mails? what if i just want to use wifi lang? possible ba yon? there a way to configure it na if i'm not connected to wifi, hindi sya mag download ng emails? (FYI, as my work place and home is on Wifi, kaya i dont want to use gprs/edge or yugn globe network.

If you are in a wifi spot and you are connected, all data will pass through wifi ( native apps). No special setting required.
    05-25-10 01:21 AM

Yes . It goes to GPRS/EDGE or wifi.
    However,If you are using BB messenger ,you have to have a BIS/Blackberry plan activated .

Just turn off the mobile network when you don't need it.

HTH
    05-25-10 03:16 AM
    Yes . It goes to GPRS/EDGE or wifi.
    However,If you are using BB messenger ,you have to have a BIS/Blackberry plan activated .

Just turn off the mobile network when you don't need it.

HTH
    Wifi will always supercede grprs/edge or 3g connection for bbm, email ym and all other native bb apps. In this regard, there isn't really any need to turn off data or even mobile connection.
    05-25-10 03:27 AM
    Wifi will always supercede grprs/edge or 3g connection for bbm, email ym and all other native bb apps. In this regard, there isn't really any need to turn off data or even mobile connection.
    so meaning (correct me if im wrong) when your connected to wifi, all data services will go / pass there, and will not go to mobile network. agree?

I can check the services connected if BIS is on wifi on manage connections - services status - (then BIS connections would be: WiFi ) ... agree po?

thanks in advance..

But wait.. sorry..
    Can we point always BIS to connect to wifi, manually? if there's no wifi, BIS is not connected...

thanks again..
    05-25-10 10:18 PM
    so meaning (correct me if im wrong) when your connected to wifi, all data services will go / pass there, and will not go to mobile network. agree?

I can check the services connected if BIS is on wifi on manage connections - services status - (then BIS connections would be: WiFi ) ... agree po?

thanks in advance..

But wait.. sorry..
    Can we point always BIS to connect to wifi, manually? if there's no wifi, BIS is not connected...

thanks again..
    For your last question, answer is no.
    05-26-10 06:25 AM
    Hi, help please. I plan to get a BBerry from an online store but am afraid to go ahead and do so because of all the fuss with Globe/Smart BIS. I�m currently using a Globe SuperTxt (P349) sim and don�t want to change my number or my plan for that matter since I�m a heavy texter. But I�d like to be able to use my email, BBerry Messenger, YM, Facebook, etc. I only ever access the internet using wifi though and only turn on PUSH notifications for email when I'm at home around my wifi network. Any suggestions on what I should do?
    05-26-10 12:17 PM
    Have you called globe? I'd ask them frist if your post paid plan is eligible to get a BIS add on. If yes,then I'd go ahead and apply for bis. I suggest you get supersurf so that you do not worry about additional charges. Even instant messaging, email and facebook will consume a lot of data.

My phone was bought from an online seller so I think its ok to purchase online as long as the seller is reputable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 12:24 PM
    Have you called globe? I'd ask them frist if your post paid plan is eligible to get a BIS add on. If yes,then I'd go ahead and apply for bis. I suggest you get supersurf so that you do not worry about additional charges. Even instant messaging, email and facebook will consume a lot of data.

My phone was bought from an online seller so I think its ok to purchase online as long as the seller is reputable.

Thanks for the response. Does it have to be supersurf though considering that I only use email/IM/social networking, etc when I'm within a wifi network? When I'm not within a wifi network I only do regular texts/calls. What would you recommend?

I'm also hesitant about the whole online store thing because I've read several posts about people not being able to register their email accounts on Globe BIS if they didn't get their BBerry from Globe itself.
    05-26-10 04:49 PM
    Thanks for the response. Does it have to be supersurf though considering that I only use email/IM/social networking, etc when I'm within a wifi network? When I'm not within a wifi network I only do regular texts/calls. What would you recommend?

I'm also hesitant about the whole online store thing because I've read several posts about people not being able to register their email accounts on Globe BIS if they didn't get their BBerry from Globe itself.
    What do you mean "when you are in a wifi network"?

You can not turn off your bis unless you turn of your data connection. I think that defeats the purpose of having a blackberry. Also, you will incure kb's even when you are not using your phone. The device will ping the RIm network every now and then to stay connected and be able to push emails and im's.
    05-27-10 05:39 AM
    What do you mean "when you are in a wifi network"?

You can not turn off your bis unless you turn of your data connection. I think that defeats the purpose of having a blackberry. Also, you will incure kb's even when you are not using your phone. The device will ping the RIm network every now and then to stay connected and be able to push emails and im's.
    I will probably get the supersurf plan later on but it's just not convenient for me right now. So yes, I will be turning off the data connection unless I am within range of a wifi network and will just use it as a regular call/text phone in such cases. I'm usually within a wifi network unless I'm on the road anyway. Does using the net over wifi charge kbs still?

Also, if BIS service is part of the carrier's plan, does that mean I can't switch sims without losing the capability to check email, etc?
    05-27-10 06:15 AM
    I do not mean to be rude; there are other phones that will suit your need better. The way you described how you would use it, you do not need push. An android or an iphone will be a good alternative. And no, you can't switch sims. Once you get bis from a network, the phones pin will be locked to that carrier.

05-27-10 06:19 AM
    I do not mean to be rude; there are other phones that will suit your need better. The way you described how you would use it, you do not need push. An android or an iphone will be a good alternative. And no, you can't switch sims. Once you get bis from a network, the phones pin will be locked to that carrier.

Like I said, I will get supersurf later on and have my emails pushed regularly then. But for the time being I just need enough to be able to use everything on wifi.

Does using the net over wifi charge kbs still when not on supersurf?
    05-27-10 10:47 AM
    Right. So great! I hope it works for you!

05-27-10 10:49 AM
    05-27-10 11:26 AM
    Nope. I turned off my mobile network connection just now and I can still use my blackberry when surfing, using ubertwitter and beejive. So I guess, not
    05-27-10 12:12 PM
    Like I said, I will get supersurf later on and have my emails pushed regularly then. But for the time being I just need enough to be able to use everything on wifi.

Rather than supersurf why not get the blackberry plan 1200? it's the same thing except that you can use your BB and all the other BB goodies.
    05-27-10 08:58 PM
    Nope. I turned off my mobile network connection just now and I can still use my blackberry when surfing, using ubertwitter and beejive. So I guess, not
    Turn off your mobile network connection and you can wi-fi to your heart's content!

Don't forget to turn off your wi-fi and restore your Mobile Network connection when you're done or leave your wi-fi zone.
    05-27-10 09:04 PM
    Rather than supersurf why not get the blackberry plan 1200? it's the same thing except that you can use your BB and all the other BB goodies.
    Exactly. Punggok, why are you battling this out so much when you can go load up your Globe SIM upto 1200 or more, type BB ON 1200 (which will give you unlimited BIS service for a month) and call it a day?

Push emails, Facebook and most other applications that use BIS will all be free and unlimited. Also, as long as your browser is set to use the RIM APN (which is basically via BIS), your surfing per page won't be charged. Remember, surfing using the browser is different than using BIS for emails, facebook, twitter, bbm, etc.

Forget the supersurf because I doubt you'll be surfing on your browser once you start using BBM, Facebook, etc.
    05-29-10 12:14 AM
    besides wifi ALMOST doesnt do jack **** when you dont have service books. So whatever happens you need to get BIS
    05-29-10 12:19 AM
9,279 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD