Hi, you can transfer files to the media card using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, make sure though that you select 'enable mass storage mode'. Otherwise, you can only sync media (documents, pictures, music) using the Desktop Manager.
    So far I don't think you can install or back up the actual apps onto media card, unlike with Windows Mobile where it asks you where you want to install the apps. Blackberry installs apps by default into the system memory, so that's pretty limited.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Oh wow, so that means I can only install a few apps on my phone since I cannot transfer the apps to the media card? I have a problem with my desktop manager too (I haven't tried it yet) but I think it's not compatible with Mac OS X v.10.4
    04-27-10 10:45 AM
    Yep, unlike with Windows Mobile phones where you're asked where you'd like the app to be installed.
    Although apps for BB are generally very small files when installed, the heavy ones like Facebook are less than 2MB, so you can still install the stuff you need.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-28-10 07:09 AM
    Okay I have another question!
    I'm currently unsubscribed to the BIS of Globe.
    I tried browsing the internet via the wi-fi here at home. How come its not working?! I am connected to the wi-fi (wi-fi icon is white already) but whenever I try browsing, I can't do it! I'm so disappointed.
    I bought the unit from Globe, btw.
    I am worried that when I go to China next weekend (BIS is not supported when on international roaming), I will not be able to use my phone even if there's a wi-fi hot spot! HELP PLEASE!!! Thank you =]
    04-30-10 04:11 AM
    @deathbyfashion

a. You need to switch your browser to "Hotspot Browser". It should be under your browser options.

b. BIS is supported on international roaming.

c. You will be able to use it as long as you have wifi

d. Dont listen to whatever the GLobe CSR's tell you. My sister's shihtzu has more brains.

e. Enjoy your BB
    04-30-10 04:17 AM
    @drichhhh OMG thank you so much! So I just need to set "Hotspot Browser" as my default even if I subscribe to the BIS already? But how come my apps aren't working? Do I really need to subscribe to Globe's BIS just to use Twitter, Facebook, YM, AIM apps?!
    04-30-10 04:35 AM
    Yeahp. You need bis for those. You can try im+ or beejive for chatting. Those use wifi if you have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 04:45 AM
    @ drichhhh: Really? That sucks. Oh well. Which ones better?
    04-30-10 05:20 AM
    Hi,
    I dunno if this is OT but has anyone tried the OS v5.0.0.801 release update from Globe telecom yet? I've just upgraded to OS v5.0.0419 and im just wondering what's globe version has to offer..

Thanks.
    04-30-10 06:39 PM
    Also a noob here. I use Sun on my BB 9700. I just hope that Sun will offer BIS soon..

05-01-10 12:38 AM
    Fellow BB users, you can check out other Globe and Smart subs @ BBtambayan BBM Group

BBtambayan website
    05-07-10 03:56 AM
    Hi everyone! It's my first time here on crackberry.com.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I got a Storm 2 last December (which is really great, I like it so much. ). I enrolled BIS through smart.blackberry.com. I got a one day unlimited plan to try it out and it worked like magic. But now, when I try to login into smart.blackberry.com for service book sending,

"Cannot log in: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
    your wireless service provider at 888-1111, or *888 from your cellphone."

comes out. I contacted smart through their twitter account and the best they did was delete my BIS account. Therefore, I tried to make a new one. This time, I can't get pass the part where smart.blackberry.com asks for PIN and IMEI. Every time I enter the info, "Cannot create account: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated." comes out.

All the suggestions the smart twitter had made did not work (battery pull, subscribe to a BIS plan etc.).

Can anyone help?
    05-10-10 09:05 AM
    Hi There Raynos,

Based on your account, you did not mention that you enroll account to a BIS Plan of Smart. If the there was a 1day period for free use of this service, once you register again, the site will not recognize your account anymore since you don't have BIS connection already.

It is imperative that you must have a BIS connection in order to use the smart.blackberry.com site.

Should you have already subscribed to a BIS plan, you may try the following:

1) Contact SMART and request again for BIS Account deletion on the smart.blackberry.com site.
    2) Ensure that BIS connection is active for the account by verifying it with SMART.
    3) Back-up the data in your BB Unit through the BB Desktop Manager.
    4) Do a device whipe-out
    5) Remove and insert SIM
    6) Restore backed-up data to your unit.
    7) Reregister to the Smart BIS site.

hope this helps. =}

Hi everyone! It's my first time here on crackberry.com.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I got a Storm 2 last December (which is really great, I like it so much. ). I enrolled BIS through smart.blackberry.com. I got a one day unlimited plan to try it out and it worked like magic. But now, when I try to login into smart.blackberry.com for service book sending,

"Cannot log in: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
    your wireless service provider at 888-1111, or *888 from your cellphone."

comes out. I contacted smart through their twitter account and the best they did was delete my BIS account. Therefore, I tried to make a new one. This time, I can't get pass the part where smart.blackberry.com asks for PIN and IMEI. Every time I enter the info, "Cannot create account: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated." comes out.

All the suggestions the smart twitter had made did not work (battery pull, subscribe to a BIS plan etc.).

Can anyone help?
    05-11-10 03:34 AM
    Hi guys. I subscribed to a month of Smart BIS last May 9, till now, I think my acct is still not activated (eg. gprs is not GPRS and no "BB logo beside my 3G signal). I already got my service books. I can use it normally when I'm on a wifi network. So frustrating talking to the CSR's.. They've no idea what goin' on..

Here's my pin 216D0E68, just add me up and leave me a message. I need your help on how I can solve this. TIA.

05-12-10 10:20 AM
    05-12-10 05:00 PM
    Hi guys. I subscribed to a month of Smart BIS last May 9, till now, I think my acct is still not activated (eg. gprs is not GPRS and no "BB logo beside my 3G signal). I already got my service books. I can use it normally when I'm on a wifi network. So frustrating talking to the CSR's.. They've no idea what goin' on..

Here's my pin 216D0E68, just add me up and leave me a message. I need your help on how I can solve this. TIA.
    Have yout tried battery pull?
    05-16-10 02:21 PM
    @appledeuce
    Hundreds of times already.. Even made a clean swipe of everything.. There's nuthing wrong with the fone I think, coz via wi-fi, everything's fine..

I went to a smart wireless center to have my fone checked, even they admitted that the settings are correct. The problem is with their system already..

It's been a week now.. Still can't use my BIS. My month's subscription down the drain..

05-17-10 01:50 AM
    Hi,
    I dunno if this is OT but has anyone tried the OS v5.0.0.801 release update from Globe telecom yet? I've just upgraded to OS v5.0.0419 and im just wondering what's globe version has to offer..

Thanks.
    Whoa, whoa, wait a sec. .419 is actually the latest release for BlackBerry Storm 9530. If .801 was released, it was released for BlackBerry Storm 9500 probably. So, be careful because your phone sig says you have a 9530.
    05-18-10 12:26 AM
    im going to the phils for 3 weeks...im from canada and have a rogers phone...is there short term plans for data, calling, maybe texting? my dad has a 8520, my sis has an old pearl and my mom has a flip pearl....would be cool to have BB service running so we can communicate better...

and would they have to be unlocked?
    05-18-10 12:11 PM
    @appledeuce
    Hundreds of times already.. Even made a clean swipe of everything.. There's nuthing wrong with the fone I think, coz via wi-fi, everything's fine..

I went to a smart wireless center to have my fone checked, even they admitted that the settings are correct. The problem is with their system already..

It's been a week now.. Still can't use my BIS. My month's subscription down the drain..

That's weird. The fact that you're able to receive the service books means you actually have BIS provision.

I'm not sure how else I can help you, sorry. But you should ask for a refund of the subscription fee that you paid, since the people at the business center themselves think that the problem is with Smart and not with your phone. Also, I suggest trying Globe's prepaid BIS plans. Malay mo, Globe ka pala dapat

05-18-10 03:34 PM
    im going to the phils for 3 weeks...im from canada and have a rogers phone...is there short term plans for data, calling, maybe texting? my dad has a 8520, my sis has an old pearl and my mom has a flip pearl....would be cool to have BB service running so we can communicate better...

You'd be surprised with how many promos Globe and Smart have on prepaid when it comes to unlimited texting and calling. However, the unli txts/calls only cover mobile numbers in the same network.

Hayy, when will there be unlimited txting to other networks?

05-18-10 03:39 PM
    @appledeuce
    Smart's policy (raw) that they don't refund unless the subscription has already expired and upon investigation, that I really haven't used their service.. I think nga na I should go back to using Globe's BIS.. Kaso what I don't like with Globe is their slow 3G connection..

05-19-10 12:55 AM

Yes, try to get the units unlocked. Call Rogers and tell them that you're visiting Asia and you need them unlocked. If not, go to one of those carrierunlock.com type websites to get unlock codes.

Then, come here, flip in a prepaid SIM card, and get BIS service for 1200PHP from Globe, and 1300PHP from Smart (monthly pricing about $23). Make sure your whole family is on one network to save on texts, but who needs texts when you got BBM!?

Oh, and that's not going to be a plan per se.. it's a prepaid system, like how Fido used to have Solo. Except with this prepaid system, you get BIS too.
    05-19-10 11:58 AM
    Yes, try to get the units unlocked. Call Rogers and tell them that you're visiting Asia and you need them unlocked. If not, go to one of those carrierunlock.com type websites to get unlock codes.

Then, come here, flip in a prepaid SIM card, and get BIS service for 1200PHP from Globe, and 1300PHP from Smart (monthly pricing about $23). Make sure your whole family is on one network to save on texts, but who needs texts when you got BBM!?

Oh, and that's not going to be a plan per se.. it's a prepaid system, like how Fido used to have Solo. Except with this prepaid system, you get BIS too.
    Great tip! So,actually how much is the per kB charge or is this 1200/1300 ,unlimited (I wish!) ?
    05-19-10 12:18 PM
    1,200/1,300 has unlimited surfing as long as it would use BIS (FB App, Twitter App, BB Messenger, etc..). Using the browser is still 10peso/30mins(Smart) and 5peso/15mins (Globe).

Oh and don't get Smart's BIS, I'm actually still subscribed to Smart's BIS, always having problems locking on to the service. And still no feedback from their technical/support group.. For two weeks already.
    Last edited by edsailormoon; 05-19-10 at 02:28 PM.
    05-19-10 02:22 PM
    Great tip! So,actually how much is the per kB charge or is this 1200/1300 ,unlimited (I wish!) ?
    It is unlimited.
    Unlimited push email, unlimited bbm, unlimited social networking applications.
    Try not to browse websites on the browser but I think as long as you do it via BIS it should be fine, yet you never know - maybe someone else can shed light on this a little more. There's a small charge per page if you _do_ get charged.

But other than that, you should be fine.
    05-19-10 02:54 PM
9,279 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD