New to BB, at first I tried it with my GLOBE but services were poor! It will take several hours to activate it and di shado stable ung signal, sometimes they would say na activated na but still showing gprs/edge (small caps). Been a globe user for years and they dropped the ball.

So happy I switched to SMART. Super bilis ng registration and super stable ng signal. Like 5 minutes after the request, activated na.
    Yup I do think SMART's BIS is more reliable and systematic. Once you apply for BIS, it would be activated in minutes. In my experience, Globe takes a minimum of 30 minutes before being activated and could be delayed for as much as 5 hours. One good thing about Globe's system is that it isn't very strict. I only applied for 1 day service and until today, my BIS is still active... it has been more than a month.
    04-05-10 06:42 AM
    whoa! this thread i started is now loooonger than i expected it to be! the bb madness is indeed in the flips now! Thank globe and smart for prepaid blackberry!

I have not been using a blackberry for over a month now! but the good news is, i will be back! in a week's time i should have another 9700! whee!
    Last edited by blacklighter11; 04-06-10 at 09:42 AM.
    04-06-10 04:00 AM
    Nice to see fellow globe subscribers here in CB! I think BB is really starting to become popular in the Philippines
    04-06-10 08:07 AM
    im a new bb user, glad to know theres a lot of bb users out here!
    04-06-10 11:02 PM
    My new pin--21F6F979

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by arvin.delima; 04-07-10 at 01:42 AM.
    04-06-10 11:28 PM
    I upgraded my unit without any backup

Add me again 24B73BC1
    04-07-10 08:12 AM
    Yup I do think SMART's BIS is more reliable and systematic. Once you apply for BIS, it would be activated in minutes. In my experience, Globe takes a minimum of 30 minutes before being activated and could be delayed for as much as 5 hours. One good thing about Globe's system is that it isn't very strict. I only applied for 1 day service and until today, my BIS is still active... it has been more than a month.
    A friend of mine is in a similar condition and loving it. But she's afraid to add load to it in fear that she might get cut off. What is your experience on this?
    04-07-10 11:58 AM
    A friend of mine is in a similar condition and loving it. But she's afraid to add load to it in fear that she might get cut off. What is your experience on this?
    It's still working. I've reloaded numerous times already. I get scared whenever I restart my phone though coz it might trigger the BIS being cut off. Thankfully, it's still on. I even have a friend who registered last January and her BIS still works until today
    04-07-10 04:48 PM
    I'm new here and new in bb. hehehe.. nice to see a lot of bb user.
    04-09-10 06:18 AM
    Hi im a new BB user, got my bold 9700 from globe this week. and they billed me 1000+ for 3 days of use lang sa phone ko. dko po maintindihan ung unbilled breakdown ko, kc voice is P4.00+ tas 11SMS, Internet of P8.84 and the blackberry=1000+, pano kya ngka-ganun to think na d ko msyado ngagamit ung BBMssgr ko kc i only got 2 contacts sa BBmssgr ko, ano po kaya basihan ng 1000+ na un? help po... =(
    04-09-10 12:48 PM
    I'm using the new globe my super plan. there is an option there to activate 1200 pesos a month for unlimited use of BB. so far so good.
    04-10-10 05:57 AM
    Hi im a new BB user, got my bold 9700 from globe this week. and they billed me 1000+ for 3 days of use lang sa phone ko. dko po maintindihan ung unbilled breakdown ko, kc voice is P4.00+ tas 11SMS, Internet of P8.84 and the blackberry=1000+, pano kya ngka-ganun to think na d ko msyado ngagamit ung BBMssgr ko kc i only got 2 contacts sa BBmssgr ko, ano po kaya basihan ng 1000+ na un? help po... =(

what apps are you using? do you use facebook and twitter?did you get emails with attachments?
    04-10-10 10:15 AM
    Postpaid plan ba? I was told kasi that tack-on services included Php 700 Blackberry Service, and that's just the access charge, meaning they'll still charge you per kb (or per minute depending on your details) on top of that.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-11-10 07:44 PM
    Thanks for the info...

Good news

Smart Mobile is now offering unlimited Blackberry Service to prepaid lines

P 50 per day or P300 per week.

See their website

See link .. too bad I am Globe
    04-16-10 04:06 AM
    33 m Cebu .now here in Florida .what's going on back home? My pin 312E7453

04-17-10 05:48 PM
    Been using globe's unlimited prepaid data plan for more than a month now for BB Messaging, e-mail, twitter, YM and facebook. I'm super satisfied! Subscribe to the monthly plan if you're a frequent user. It's worth it. I also use beejive to connect to all my instant messaging accounts. Seriously, a blackberry is no good unless you get a data plan

Here's more:
    Unlimited BlackBerry service on Globe Prepaid provides unlimited services for BlackBerry devices on the following applications:

Push Email – Only integrates with POP or IMAP enabled emails (up to 10). This includes Yahoo! Email and Google Mail.
    Instant Messaging – via BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Chat, MSN, Windows Live
    Social Networking – via Facebook, Multiply, Flickr, Twitter
    BlackBerry Specific Applications – BlackBerry Maps
    Last edited by blackberrychiq; 04-18-10 at 02:20 PM.
    04-18-10 02:09 PM
    Hi

I'm a newly converted BB-holic, just bought a Storm 2 9550 unlocked in Shang. I am already able to use my Globe sim however, I am still unable to use EDGE/GPRS/3G even if I have registered in globe.blackberry.com my device and to the Globe Prepaid BIS (PhP50). I checked my Service Books and all I have are the following:

1. Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [Browser Config]
    2. Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [WPTCP]
    3. Desktop [CICAL]
    4. Desktop [CMIME]

For now, I am just using LogicMail to consolidate my personal and corporate mail only via Wi-Fi (along with BeeJive IM) but I would want to maximize my BB by using the available apps such as Y! Messenger and Twitter.

Am I missing something here? I am planning to move to a BlackBerry data plan but I am still worried that I might not be able to maximize it due to the current lack of the appropriate Service Books. Searched a lot on Google but some of the steps actually require hacking/modifying the BB that might result to a brick phone.

Would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
    04-21-10 06:51 PM
    Globe BlackBerry Plan Users,

Remember our perks ... Free Entrance at Member's Only Club, Fort Bonifacio... Discounts Galore at participating stores... Just finalizing the FAQs on this with friends and will post it here.
    04-22-10 10:49 AM
    Hi everyone! I just bought my Blackberry Curve 8520 prepaid kit a few hours ago from the Globe Business Center at Greenhills. I already tried registering for BIS 5 days. I checked the status via BB STATUS and it says that it is already activated HOWEVER the gprs/edge sign is still in small caps. What do I need to do? Also, I already signed up on the Globe Blackberry site.

Another question, how will I set up my browser to not use the GPRS service of globe and just use the Wi-Fi here at home?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to your reply ASAP since I'm excited to use the different features of my BB using the BIS!
    04-22-10 11:01 AM
    My BIS is now activated but when I tried registering my email address on the Globe Blackberry website, I didn't receive any notification on my home screen. I also cannot access my BBM, YM, AIM but I can access Facebook, Twitter and BB App World. So confusiiiingggg! But I love my BB already!

04-22-10 05:30 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Just want to share the current NEW PostPaid Plan rates of Globe Telecom:

Consumer Postpaid
    (post-paid lines acquired through a Globe Business Centres)

MY SUPER PLAN
    - The first and only personalized postpaid plan
    - Choose and pay for only the services you need
    - Change the services of your plan often, even monthly

My Super Surf for BlackBerry
    Rate per Month: Php1,200.00

All-you-can mobile chatting, downloading, emailing (with push email) and surfing wherever you go with your Blackberry phone (BIS only)

My Super Unli
    Rate per Month: Php599.00

All-you-can call and text to Globe, Touch Mobile and Tattoo numbers nationwide

My Super TXT
    Rate per Month: Php349.00

All-you-can text to Globe, Touch Mobile and Tattoo numbers nationwide

My Super DUO
    Rate per Month: Php599.00

All-you-can calls to non-Globe Landline within the same registered area
    All-you-can calls to Globe/TM/Tattoo/Globe landline numbers nationwide

Rates on-top of the My Super Plan services

Text Messages (per 160 characters, including spaces)
    - Local Text: Php1.00
    - Int’l. Text: Php15.00

Multi Media Messaging (MMS)
    - Local Photo MMS: Php5.00
    - Int’l. Photo MMS: Php20.00
    - Local Video MMS: Php20.00
    - Int’l. Video MMS: Php40.00

Voice Call (per minute)
    - Local Call:
    With-in Globe Network: Php6.50
    Outside Globe Network: Php7.50
    - Int’l. Call: USD0.40

Data (GPRS) Access
    - Time based browsing: Php5.00 per 15 minutes
    - KB Browsing: Php0.15 per kilobyte

Notes:
    - 24 months holding period
    - Plan must have a primary service that will not be modified
    - Does not come with a mobile phone device
    - Cost of available preferred mobile phone device on-top of the plan on a 12/24 month installment basis
    - Voice calls are not yet on pulse rate

Enterprise Postpaid
    (post-paid lines acquired through Globe Enterprise Business exclusive to companies and businesses)

BUSINESS PLUS
    - The first and only personalized postpaid plan
    - Choose and pay for only the services you need
    - Change the services of your plan often, even monthly

UNLI Personal BlackBerry
    Rate per Month: Php1,119.00

Unlimited data access to the full suite of BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) specific to BlackBerry usage and applications (i.e. email, BB browser, BB messaging)

UNLI Business BlackBerry
    Rate per Month: Php1,299.00

Unlimited data access to the full suite of BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) specific to BlackBerry usage and applications (i.e. email, browser, messaging)

UNLI Text
    Rate per Month: Php199.00

Unlimited text to Globe, Touch Mobile and Tatoo numbers nationwide

UNLI Call
    Rate per Month: Php299.00

Unlimited call to Globe, Touch Mobile and Tattoo numbers nationwide

Super DUO
    Rate per Month: Php499.00

Unlimited calls to non-Globe Landline within the same registered area
    Unlimited calls to Globe/TM/Tattoo/Globe landline numbers nationwide

UNLI IDD
    Rate per Month: Php4,999.00

Unlimited IDD calls to select destinations: USA, Canada, China, Singapore, HongKong Only[/INDENT]

Rates on-top of the UNLI services

Text Messages (per 160 characters, including spaces)
    - Local Text: Php0.50
    - Int’l. Text: Php15.00

Multi Media Messaging (MMS)
    - Local Photo MMS: Php5.00
    - Int’l. Photo MMS: Php20.00
    - Local Video MMS: Php20.00
    - Int’l. Video MMS: Php40.00

Voice Call (per minute)
    - Local Call:
    With-in Globe Network: Php6.50
    Outside Globe Network: Php7.50
    - Int’l. Call: USD0.40

Data (GPRS) Access
    - Time based browsing: Php5.00 per 15 minutes
    - KB Browsing: Php0.05 per kilobyte

Notes:
    - 12 to 24 months holding period
    - Plan must have a primary service that will not be modified
    - Does not come with a mobile phone device
    - Cost of available preferred mobile phone device on-top of the plan on a 12/24 month installment basis
    - Employees under Enterprise Business managed companies/businesses can apply for a personal postpaid account through their POCs and will be tagged under “Corporate Individual”. But once employee is separated from the company, the Consumer Postpaid plan would apply as determined by Globe upon assesment.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by micionero; 04-23-10 at 01:47 PM.
    04-23-10 12:56 PM
    How I transfer files/applications to the memory card?
    04-24-10 11:49 PM
    Wow!! Super post mga globe bb users ah.... Been using globe -- most of the times its ok pero andaming service interuptions lately ng BB service nila for "systems upgrading" daw. Well, hopefully this will lead to a better bb service later on.

04-25-10 01:59 AM
    Hi, you can transfer files to the media card using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, make sure though that you select 'enable mass storage mode'. Otherwise, you can only sync media (documents, pictures, music) using the Desktop Manager.
    So far I don't think you can install or back up the actual apps onto media card, unlike with Windows Mobile where it asks you where you want to install the apps. Blackberry installs apps by default into the system memory, so that's pretty limited.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-25-10 07:30 PM
    Globe recently had problems with the Network due to the rotational black-out scheme, where some buildings don't support in their generator power line the power of those cellsites in their building. The BlackBerry System is all being migrated to the 4G Network of Globe to make the data streaming not congested. I heard that Huawei is the contractor for this project.

Nevertheless, Globe is intensifying its network to keep-up with the latest mobile network standards being discussed at the World Mobile Congress.

The edge of Smart is that their head, Manny Pangilinan, already has control over the North Harbour Port Facilities where they can lower the rates of equipments coming in for their company. hehehe

Wow!! Super post mga globe bb users ah.... Been using globe -- most of the times its ok pero andaming service interuptions lately ng BB service nila for "systems upgrading" daw. Well, hopefully this will lead to a better bb service later on.

04-26-10 12:17 PM
9,279 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD