The problem is Prepaid blackberry plans are still somewhat new (conceptualized in 2007-2008). There have been massive updates in that realm, and I'm beginning to wonder if Globe is still on an old platform that handles the prepaid activations and Smart is on a newer one.

Couple that with out of country handsets.. and it becomes a recipe for problems. Scroll back for a few of my older replies, you will see a solution.
    03-01-10 12:33 PM
    I went last week in their business center in Podium and they told me they might have stocks this week. So hopefully they do

I will get a prepaid kit.
    I might go to Globe on wednesday, I hope they have stock.
    03-01-10 09:34 PM
    hey guys just bought curve8520 just wanna know how to configure message services thanks
    03-04-10 07:18 AM
    ask nicely for my pin
    Last edited by ch4rL3s7; 03-05-10 at 03:04 AM. Reason: pin safety
    03-04-10 05:56 PM
    hey guys, how to do screenshot in a BB?
    03-05-10 03:03 AM
    hey guys, how to do screenshot in a BB?
    Look for CaptureIt or Zonasnap apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 03:08 AM
    here's my question..
    still a newbie in terms of using my BB..
    its from my dad and he gave it to me..

how will i know that my PIN number is locked by at&t..???
    03-06-10 11:38 AM
    Any of you guys succesfully tethered your blackberry connection to your PC / Mac?
    03-07-10 06:44 AM
    hey guys! im just a bit confused. how many hours ba ang charging time ng BB? pag nag low battery na ba BB ko saka ko palang pwede i charge? chinarge ko kasi BB ko kagabi per it took me 6 hours 90% lang someone help me
    03-07-10 07:37 PM
    Gaanu na katagal yong blackberry curve mo?baka naman loose na yong mga ipin sa may usb port.

btw..meron ba tayong bbm group n globe users?
    Last edited by chowpope; 03-08-10 at 10:50 PM.
    03-08-10 10:48 PM
    Any of you guys succesfully tethered your blackberry connection to your PC / Mac?

So I take no one was able to? I am hoping to be able to use the unlimited data on my BB on my Mac.
    03-10-10 07:22 AM
    So I take no one was able to? I am hoping to be able to use the unlimited data on my BB on my Mac.
    Hi. Newbie here. I was able to use my curve as modem for my pc. In the desktop software there's an option to use ur bb as modem. But I think u have to upgrade ur desktop software first. Also, not really sure if its included in the super surf kasi when I ask globe, they said super surf covers bb but not when ur using APN. Not sure what that means.

21F6F979

Last edited by arvin.delima; 04-06-10 at 11:27 PM.
    03-11-10 04:01 PM
    Hi. Newbie here. I was able to use my curve as modem for my pc. In the desktop software there's an option to use ur bb as modem. But I think u have to upgrade ur desktop software first. Also, not really sure if its included in the super surf kasi when I ask globe, they said super surf covers bb but not when ur using APN. Not sure what that means.

211ABBFA

You're right. The latest Desktop Manager software has the option to tether your BB as a modem. If you don't want to use that, google for an app called "Tether". They're actually have a giveaway contest on the main blog, put your name in and you might get it for free.
    03-12-10 04:19 AM
    Hi, newbie here. BB storm1 user..

Do you know someone/any shop where can I get upgraded my OS? To be honest, until now I don't know what version of OS my phone got.

I bought it "used", i'm a postpaid globe user, but accdg to them they can't do anything for my phone since I did not bought it from them. I cant access email, my browser is missing, cant use bb messenger, etc etc...

Can you recommend any shop who can help??

Salamat!!
    03-13-10 09:06 AM
    Hi, newbie here. BB storm1 user..

Do you know someone/any shop where can I get upgraded my OS? To be honest, until now I don't know what version of OS my phone got.

I bought it "used", i'm a postpaid globe user, but accdg to them they can't do anything for my phone since I did not bought it from them. I cant access email, my browser is missing, cant use bb messenger, etc etc...

Can you recommend any shop who can help??

Salamat!!
    Hah, the thrill of being in the Philippines! I didn't know shops do that (or maybe they don't). Anyway, I don't know of a shop doing it, wasn't even aware they would/could/should. However, I'm sure many of us have done it. I can do it for you if you like.
    03-14-10 06:16 AM
    Hah, the thrill of being in the Philippines! I didn't know shops do that (or maybe they don't). Anyway, I don't know of a shop doing it, wasn't even aware they would/could/should. However, I'm sure many of us have done it. I can do it for you if you like.

Varadigm, sent you pm! thanks thanks!
    03-14-10 08:59 AM
    Hi, can you help me upgrade my OS to 5.0 too? I'm on a Smart postpaid plan, and I am currently using a BB Bold 9000 on OS 4.6.

I appreciate any steps or links you can provide!

Thank you.

03-17-10 10:56 PM
    Hi new to BB here, just got my 9700. Globe subscriber.

How do I setup my BBs internet settings? I remember in my old nokia's, I would setup the APN for internet, and setup MMS/GPRS/WAP as well.

In my bb how exactly do i do that? or are the settings automatically placed when i insert the sim??
    03-30-10 10:26 AM
    Question. If you bought your BB not from Globe or Smart, can you still avail their BB services?
    04-01-10 10:33 AM
    Question. If you bought your BB not from Globe or Smart, can you still avail their BB services?
    Yes...well with Globe i know. you can avail of the their surf plan for your BB.
    04-01-10 10:33 PM
    Hi new to BB here, just got my 9700. Globe subscriber.

How do I setup my BBs internet settings? I remember in my old nokia's, I would setup the APN for internet, and setup MMS/GPRS/WAP as well.

In my bb how exactly do i do that? or are the settings automatically placed when i insert the sim??
    Hi, were you able to set it up already? If you got your unit from Globe I think they pre install all the service books you need, not sure though if others have this experience as well. I got my BB from them and it had everything there. All I had to do was call the hotline to have my BIS activated, and it was done in less than fifteen minutes.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 08:32 PM
    Hi, were you able to set it up already? If you got your unit from Globe I think they pre install all the service books you need, not sure though if others have this experience as well. I got my BB from them and it had everything there. All I had to do was call the hotline to have my BIS activated, and it was done in less than fifteen minutes.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    had my BIS activated as well. Took 5-10 minutes. I gues with BIS theres no need to have separate settings for mms/wap/etc
    04-02-10 10:57 PM
    I love my BB! Its the best decision I've made so far. Haha!

For those who are asking abt charging their bb's.. Accdg to the globe peeps, they said u shud not drain it. Coz it will take longer than the usual. My bb takes 2-3hrs charging..

For thoise who bought their handsets in Globe.. All apps are pre installed. u dnt have to register it to the BIS thing. I bought my 9700 in globe. That's based frm my experience. I dnt kno abt the others though.

04-03-10 08:08 PM
    New to BB, at first I tried it with my GLOBE but services were poor! It will take several hours to activate it and di shado stable ung signal, sometimes they would say na activated na but still showing gprs/edge (small caps). Been a globe user for years and they dropped the ball.

So happy I switched to SMART. Super bilis ng registration and super stable ng signal. Like 5 minutes after the request, activated na.
    04-04-10 10:36 AM
    Yes. 3 BB's from my household (9700, 8900 and 8520) are all non-Globe/Smart-provided devices.

Of course, the networks would say their usual spiel regarding units not bought from their shops and the shady assurance of BIS activation. Indeed, sometimes they won't work -- especially the prepaid. I suggest you skip calling the hotline because the CSRs don't have any idea regarding BB's. Go to the business centers themselves.

With a little persistence, you'll get it to work.
    04-05-10 06:36 AM
9,279 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD