Btw, where can I download free themes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi there.. You can always search the forum for themes for ur phone.. at the right upper hand corner, theres a search bar then just type what u are looking for..
    02-19-10 11:53 AM
    For the bold9700 users how long do u charge your batteries? Do u guys drain it first? I talked to someone frm globe they said if the bat sign turns red already we have to charge it. No need to wait for it to go off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 06:16 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I've just got myself a BB for Christmas and I figured out I don't really know about BB that much, hope this site can help me.

First things first, I got this phone from Canada which means it has a ROGERS logo on it but it is an open-line so Globe/Smart/Sun SIM cards works perfect. However, i just have problem when it comes to registering my email address to work with my BB. when I try to set up an email account it only shows the the "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server"
    How do I register an email account?
    How do I get a BIS? Which one is cheaper?

thanks in advance hope you can help
    02-21-10 06:15 PM
    Bonita - where did you see that thing? During installation of desktop manager or on carrier blackberry site?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-21-10 06:21 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I've just got myself a BB for Christmas and I figured out I don't really know about BB that much, hope this site can help me.

First things first, I got this phone from Canada which means it has a ROGERS logo on it but it is an open-line so Globe/Smart/Sun SIM cards works perfect. However, i just have problem when it comes to registering my email address to work with my BB. when I try to set up an email account it only shows the the "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server"
    How do I register an email account?
    How do I get a BIS? Which one is cheaper?

thanks in advance hope you can help

1. First of all where were you trying to register your email address? Through your BB device or through the BIS internet with either Globe or Smart?
    2. Second, where you able to text the following for each corresponding carrier of choice?
      • Globe: BB ON (AMT-50/220/1200) to 8888
      • Smart: BB (Day/Week) to 2077
    3. Third, after registering it with the carrier or choice did you simply log on to the following website using a regular laptop or computer with internet connection for the carrier of choice?
    4. Fourth, since you bought the BB device overseas from Canada to be exact, did the previous owner unregister the BB device with his/her previous carrier?

Just an FYI: BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) is totally different from BIS (Blackberry Internet Server). Normally BES is for corporate email address and use, with the extra charges normally paid by the company. BIS is more on a personal level side.

To answer your question, here's the breakdown of each provider:
    • Globe - 1day/PhP50 ; 5days/PhP220 ; 30days/PhP1200
    • Smart - 1day/PhP50 ; 7days/PhP300

So if you are planning for cheaper one, they both sums up to the same amount.

Hope that the information I provided helped you. Goodluck and welcome to the BB world where BB is not just a regular phone but a way of life...
    02-22-10 12:40 AM

1. First of all where were you trying to register your email address? Through your BB device or through the BIS internet with either Globe or Smart?
    2. Second, where you able to text the following for each corresponding carrier of choice?
      • Globe: BB ON (AMT-50/220/1200) to 8888
      • Smart: BB (Day/Week) to 2077
    3. Third, after registering it with the carrier or choice did you simply log on to the following website using a regular laptop or computer with internet connection for the carrier of choice?
    4. Fourth, since you bought the BB device overseas from Canada to be exact, did the previous owner unregister the BB device with his/her previous carrier?

Just an FYI: BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) is totally different from BIS (Blackberry Internet Server). Normally BES is for corporate email address and use, with the extra charges normally paid by the company. BIS is more on a personal level side.

To answer your question, here's the breakdown of each provider:
    • Globe - 1day/PhP50 ; 5days/PhP220 ; 30days/PhP1200
    • Smart - 1day/PhP50 ; 7days/PhP300

So if you are planning for cheaper one, they both sums up to the same amount.

Hope that the information I provided helped you. Goodluck and welcome to the BB world where BB is not just a regular phone but a way of life...
    You're kinda cute and growing on me. With exceptional helping and the cute pink font.
    02-22-10 01:42 PM
    You're kinda cute and growing on me. With exceptional helping and the cute pink font.
    Thanks a bunch... I love pink and Hello Kitty (duh, it shows, lmao)... I try to help as much as I can... The information I know is based on personal experience and just some logical thinking with research... Reading and researching does take time, but educates someone with valuable information that can be passed on... I wish I can exchange my PIN with you, unfortunately I owe Verizon with over $3G of roaming call/text charges plus my ETF so I can't currently release my PIN and IMEI with them... Damn travels to UK, Greece, Bahrain and Manila!!! Damn friends who can't stop calling me and texting me!!! Damn iPhone users who does not have the BBM's (most of my friends are on iPhone) so they use texting instead!!! Damn, I talk/type too much... Lemme shut up now...
    02-22-10 11:20 PM
    Thanks a bunch... I love pink and Hello Kitty (duh, it shows, lmao)... I try to help as much as I can... The information I know is based on personal experience and just some logical thinking with research... Reading and researching does take time, but educates someone with valuable information that can be passed on... I wish I can exchange my PIN with you, unfortunately I owe Verizon with over $3G of roaming call/text charges plus my ETF so I can't currently release my PIN and IMEI with them... Damn travels to UK, Greece, Bahrain and Manila!!! Damn friends who can't stop calling me and texting me!!! Damn iPhone users who does not have the BBM's (most of my friends are on iPhone) so they use texting instead!!! Damn, I talk/type too much... Lemme shut up now...
    It took me a bill of $6k before realizing I need to stop and move to a local provider. I used TELUS for 2 months here in Manila on their roaming. The first bill was $3k, and that didn't make me stop. Then next one was the last straw. Atleast VZW and others from US have "unlimited roaming data" plans. TELUS doesn't. So all emails and BBMs killed it. Ofcourse, calls too.

Like I mentioned way back when, you should try to get the local RIM reps involved. They will get a "force release" done. Every carrier has RIM reps that are loyal to the carrier first, and then to RIM. (They are trained by RIM and have access to all of RIM's tools). They will go into the system and force release your PIN/IMEI (with their RIM access), and get you on their network (because they are employed by the carrier and not RIM)

Good luck!
    02-23-10 01:28 PM
    hi guys!

First of all, I want to say thank you for all those who posted, its really helpful to newbies like me

Globe said il get my 9700 unit next week, so im super excited, but at the same time, everything is so new so I still dont quite understand how things work. I got their prepaid kit and plan to just use my postpaid sim. I know that there's a super sulit including in it, so im guessing that will only work for the prepaid sim?

Ive been reading through the entire thread, and pls correct me if i misunderstood things:

1. we can save on our BIS plan by using wifi assuming its available.
    2. can we use wifi without the BIS and still access the BBM? BBM is for BB to BB users only?
    3. Im going out of the country in a few weeks and i was wondering if i should apply for a data plan before i leave or when i get back. will i be charged roaming fees if i use the dataplan outside the country? using in a sense like surfing and downloading. What about if i use the dataplan for BB to BB text only? will i still be charged for roaming?

I really appreciate all the help i can get, especially in making the most out of the BB and getting the plan that is worth the money. I would really hate to be shocked when I see my phone bill hehe
    02-24-10 06:07 AM
    and oh i forgot to ask, regarding the bb appworld, i read that it takes up alot of memory space. so how can we download apps for free that are free from bb appworld? i hope my question makes sense

thank you
    02-24-10 06:30 AM
    and oh i forgot to ask, regarding the bb appworld, i read that it takes up alot of memory space. so how can we download apps for free that are free from bb appworld? i hope my question makes sense

thank you
    1) Yes, WiFi is better than using BIS. But why does it matter, Globe/Smart are giving unlimited BIS usage.
    2) I don't think BBM over WiFi would work. I could be wrong, in which case someone who knows for sure needs to chime in. (I own a Storm 9530 - no WiFi)
    3) Not sure as I'm not from here originally.
    4) Most apps have their own websites. You simply go to their download links via the browser on your BB and download it. No need for AppWorld. For example, you can download Facebook from Appworld, but also from m.facebook.com.

Hope this has helped you clear some myth.
    02-24-10 09:51 PM
    1) Yes, WiFi is better than using BIS. But why does it matter, Globe/Smart are giving unlimited BIS usage.
    2) I don't think BBM over WiFi would work. I could be wrong, in which case someone who knows for sure needs to chime in. (I own a Storm 9530 - no WiFi)
    3) Not sure as I'm not from here originally.
    4) Most apps have their own websites. You simply go to their download links via the browser on your BB and download it. No need for AppWorld. For example, you can download Facebook from Appworld, but also from m.facebook.com.

Hope this has helped you clear some myth.
    Yup, you are absolutely right.. BBM doesnt work over WiFi.. U shud hav a BIS Plan to use ur BBM..
    02-25-10 09:49 AM
    thank you varadigm and jugzie59 for replying i appreciate it very much.

Yup, you are absolutely right.. BBM doesnt work over WiFi.. U shud hav a BIS Plan to use ur BBM..
    02-26-10 12:35 AM
    Hi, I am planning to get a Bold 9700 from Globe since Php2k lang difference sa black market.
    What should I do once I get it?
    02-27-10 08:15 AM
    hi hi

what kind of plan are you getting? post paid or prepaid? Im quite confused what plan i should get. Because i realized il be paying 1800 per month + 700 data plan so thats 2500 month. And my friend suggested i should probably be better off with the 1599 or 3799 postpaid plans.

Hmm..regarding your question, based from what i understand, you need to enroll your IMEI and PIN in globe's website and have your BIS activated assuming you're getting a data plan

Hi, I am planning to get a Bold 9700 from Globe since Php2k lang difference sa black market.
    What should I do once I get it?
    03-01-10 01:31 AM
    I will get a prepaid kit.
    I might go to Globe on wednesday, I hope they have stock.
    03-01-10 01:34 AM
    guys, Im having problems with prepaid BIS for Globe...

I just registered for the 1 day prepaid BIS by using the "BB ON 50" to 8888 service request.. I was able to agree to the terms but I wasn't able to get any activation message. I called up globe and they told me just a bunch of crap.. They said that my subscription is already active but their system is not recognizing my activation.. weird...

btw.. how do I release my PIN from Globe if ever I want to try SMART's BIS service? I tried to go to SMart's BIS page and it wont let me use my pin because its already used by a different network which is of course globe...
    03-01-10 07:46 AM
    guys, Im having problems with prepaid BIS for Globe...

I just registered for the 1 day prepaid BIS by using the "BB ON 50" to 8888 service request.. I was able to agree to the terms but I wasn't able to get any activation message. I called up globe and they told me just a bunch of crap.. They said that my subscription is already active but their system is not recognizing my activation.. weird...

btw.. how do I release my PIN from Globe if ever I want to try SMART's BIS service? I tried to go to SMart's BIS page and it wont let me use my pin because its already used by a different network which is of course globe...
    After registering it with Globe did you simply log on to the website using a regular laptop or computer with internet connection for the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service)? The website address is BlackBerry Internet Service

If you don't mind me asking where did you buy your BB Device? Did you buy it 2nd hand? Did you buy it from overseas?
    03-01-10 08:40 AM
    I already registered my BB for Globe BIS - bought the BB at greenhills, its a T-mobile unit - openlined.. i was able to successfully register my phone on the globe BIS site..
    03-01-10 08:52 AM
    I already registered my BB for Globe BIS - bought the BB at greenhills, its a T-mobile unit - openlined.. i was able to successfully register my phone on the globe BIS site..
    Did you register an email account on the BIS website? If so, did it pop up or show up on your BB Device? If it was successfully registered, the email address you have registered with the BIS website should appear. Did you also try a battery pull so that you reset your BB?
    03-01-10 09:19 AM
    yes, I was able to register an e-mail account on the BIS website, it did not show up on my device.. i think im not getting any internet service with my device yet.. im really not sure whats going on.. i did the host routing table thingy to resend something..nothing..
    03-01-10 09:53 AM
    yes, I was able to register an e-mail account on the BIS website, it did not show up on my device.. i think im not getting any internet service with my device yet.. im really not sure whats going on.. i did the host routing table thingy to resend something..nothing..
    Try checking the connections:
    1. Go to Manage Connections
    2. Then Mobile Network Options
    3. Data Services should be turned on

But then again you mentioned that it's a T-Mobile BB Device and you got it over at GreenHills. The PIN may not have been released in the US by T-Mobile since we don't know where exactly the BB came from and the history. The same thing happened to me, I was able to register my BB with the Globe BIS website and did the BB ON thinggy, yet to no avail. I know my BB's PIN is still registered with Verizon in the US so I know it won't work unless I get it released, which means having to pay a hefty amount. I called Globe and luckily I was refunded my load back within 3 days. This maybe your case I do not know. Hope that I was able to help a little bit.

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG PEOPLE...
    03-01-10 10:54 AM
    Alrighty.. thanks.. well, getting a used BB might have been a mistake.. geez.. I also thought that I would be able to use the facebook app using Wifi.. i probably lacked research before buying a used 8320.. but wait.. I was able to use BIS after I used our Office Blackberry with unlimited BIS.. the carrier was SMART.. i was able to use the facebook app using that SIM.. i don't really need e-mail.. i just want to be able to use facebook and other IM software while on the go.. any ideas?
    03-01-10 11:02 AM
    do I need to download any service books or something?
    03-01-10 11:03 AM
    aha, i just found out that im not the only one having the same issue... i just checked "h ttp://borgy.net/?p=1824&cpage=1#comment-3720" and several users are having the same problem..
    03-01-10 11:21 AM
9,279 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD