@cessmv: i got my blackberry bold2 9700 from the glorietta store two days ago. don't know though, if they still have stocks
    02-11-10 10:07 PM
    HI there.. Jst wana ask if the prepaid blackberry plans only works for globe-provided blackberry? I tried to register last night by typing BB ON <amt> but until now im still not registered.. My BB isnt from globe n i bought it from ebay abroad.. Hope anyone can help with this if it is possible to register even ur Blackberry didnt came from Globe.. Thanx so much for all the help!
    02-12-10 01:21 AM
    Magkano kaya ito? Smart subscriber kasi ako eh...right now just for the sake of using my BIS, im loading up GT prepaid BB ON 50 to 8888 Galing!
    Hi, jst wana ask u how long did it take for globe to accept ur registration.. I meant when u typed BB ON.. how long did it take for BIS to activate? thanx
    02-12-10 01:26 AM
    HI there.. Jst wana ask if the prepaid blackberry plans only works for globe-provided blackberry? I tried to register last night by typing BB ON <amt> but until now im still not registered.. My BB isnt from globe n i bought it from ebay abroad.. Hope anyone can help with this if it is possible to register even ur Blackberry didnt came from Globe.. Thanx so much for all the help!
    Since you have purchased your BB from overseas, the previous owner of the BB might still have the PIN and IMEI registered with RIM (makers of BB) BIS through the previous network/carrier. You would have to contact the person you have bought it from, and ask them to call their previous carrier so that he/she can ask them to release the BB Device. Without doing this, you WILL not be able to register to use the BB here in the Philippines for data. It will work as a regular phone for calls and texting. Hope that this helped. Have a great weekend!
    02-12-10 06:11 AM
    Since you have purchased your BB from overseas, the previous owner of the BB might still have the PIN and IMEI registered with RIM (makers of BB) BIS through the previous network/carrier. You would have to contact the person you have bought it from, and ask them to call their previous carrier so that he/she can ask them to release the BB Device. Without doing this, you WILL not be able to register to use the BB here in the Philippines for data. It will work as a regular phone for calls and texting. Hope that this helped. Have a great weekend!
    Hi there.. thanx for replyin.. Its actually brand new or it was never opened before.. my question is that, does prepaid BIS for Globe work for BBs that were not purchased from them.. Btw, How do u release ur PIN from the globe network coz i registered mine already in there.. thanx rili for all ur time.. hav a great weekend too n happy hearts day to all!
    02-12-10 08:15 AM
    jugzie59, to answer your first question I was able to use the prepaid BB service on my AT&T Curve 8300 (released PIN before registering of course).
    02-12-10 10:00 AM
    Hi there.. thanx for replyin.. Its actually brand new or it was never opened before.. my question is that, does prepaid BIS for Globe work for BBs that were not purchased from them.. Btw, How do u release ur PIN from the globe network coz i registered mine already in there.. thanx rili for all ur time.. hav a great weekend too n happy hearts day to all!
    I don't think it being on a prepaid or on a postpaid plan would make any difference. Both are BIS, it just differs from the type of payment arrangements you want with Globe. Did you register your BB device with Globe BIS over the internet already, like inputting the PIN and IMEI number and creating your Globe BB email address? If not then maybe that's what's making you not use your BB at all.

1. Go to Globe's BIS Website
    2. Click create a new account.
    3. Of course click on "I AGREE" and check that box for "I have read and understand the Legal Terms and Conditions".
    4. Enter your BB Device PIN and IMEI.
    5. Do the set up and voila your email address should show up on your BB device and you will receive a text message confirming that you have registered your BB with Globe BIS.

Goodluck!
    02-12-10 08:54 PM
    @ncanio n athanasia: thanx for all ur help.. rili appreciate it 'm already connected to the prepaid BIS..

FYI: for those BB users who didnt purchase their BBs from globe n u want to avail of their prepaid service BIS service, make sure u released d pin from ur previous network then register it to globe (please see athanasia's msg above)..
    Last edited by jugzie59; 02-14-10 at 12:25 PM.
    02-14-10 12:20 PM
    hhaha my BlackBerry From T-Mobile (pearl 8100) worked on the BIS of Globe.
    02-15-10 09:10 AM
    If you want a simple way to install AppWorld into your BB here in the Philippines, just go to this link h t t p : / / b i t . l y / A p p W o r l d from your BB browser. =P
    02-15-10 09:27 PM
    If you want a simple way to install AppWorld into your BB here in the Philippines, just go to this link h t t p : / / b i t . l y / A p p W o r l d from your BB browser. =P
    IMHO, Appworld's a waste of memory, space and everyone's time. The apps available to Appworld exclusively are not many anyway.

Appworld takes AGES to approve an application, or approve a version update. Appworld will take valuable memory on your phone just so you can browse for apps. You're better off downloading the app OTA directly.

Having said that, kudos to the guys helping everyone in PI install Appworld.
    02-15-10 10:19 PM
    IMHO, Appworld's a waste of memory, space and everyone's time. The apps available to Appworld exclusively are not many anyway.

Appworld takes AGES to approve an application, or approve a version update. Appworld will take valuable memory on your phone just so you can browse for apps. You're better off downloading the app OTA directly.

Having said that, kudos to the guys helping everyone in PI install Appworld.
    Agree with you sir, that's why I delete my Appworld without any hesitation

ygpm na rin pala
    02-15-10 11:12 PM
    hey there,
    I am coming to Philippines in about 4 weeks. Ive been there 2 times but that was before my Blackberry days. I am going to Tagaytay & of course a few days in Manila & about a week in Cavite. just wondering if my Blackberry will work ok there? I know a lot depends on my carrier but just curious how the internet & things work, I dont have wifi, have a Tour.
    Anyway, I truly love your country & cant wait to visit again
    02-16-10 12:04 AM
    Yes you can, as long as your unit is unlock or openline. You can use our local sim on prepaid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 12:24 AM
    hey there,
    I am coming to Philippines in about 4 weeks. Ive been there 2 times but that was before my Blackberry days. I am going to Tagaytay & of course a few days in Manila & about a week in Cavite. just wondering if my Blackberry will work ok there? I know a lot depends on my carrier but just curious how the internet & things work, I dont have wifi, have a Tour.
    Anyway, I truly love your country & cant wait to visit again
    Jst wanna add to what Battlestar hav said.. Make sure u RELEASE ur PIN from ur network that u are in.. Coz if u wana avail of Globe's BIS here in the Philippines, u need to register it at this site BlackBerry Internet Service
    02-16-10 01:15 AM
    hi guys, regarding Globe prepaid BIS - it actually works for non-Globe issued phones without having to release the PIN from current network. this was the case at least for my wife who availed of the service by texting BB ON <AMT> to 8888. the only downside though was push mail was not working, it failed when we tried to set up via Globe BIS site. BBM, facebook, YM, ubertwitter were all working. upon return to Singapore, everything was back to normal when the local SIM was used. hope this helps

the Globe prepaid BB service was very useful and cost effective indeed!
    02-16-10 02:37 AM
    hi guys, regarding Globe prepaid BIS - it actually works for non-Globe issued phones without having to release the PIN from current network. this was the case at least for my wife who availed of the service by texting BB ON <AMT> to 8888. the only downside though was push mail was not working, it failed when we tried to set up via Globe BIS site. BBM, facebook, YM, ubertwitter were all working. upon return to Singapore, everything was back to normal when the local SIM was used. hope this helps

the Globe prepaid BB service was very useful and cost effective indeed!
    @Manndy: Thanx for the info.. So that means registering of PIN to Globe was only for the push mail.. Good to know my friend!
    02-16-10 03:22 AM
    Just a thought, I have tried it both with Globe / Smart and unfortunately it did not work on both networks. I have tried using my BBM, even tried some applications such as Facebook but it still did not work. It did not work cause I was not able to register it through the Globe/Smart BIS website, cause it was still technically registered to a BIS overseas. BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service and the registration is to register it with the network of choice for the Internet Service. To my understanding without having to do this registration, it won't be connected to the internet at all. It's just not for the PUSH email and the such. How can a network get the information such as PIN or IMEI without having to register it? Does it mean that they have some special softwares or spying device to get it? If the networks did have a spying device or the such, then I want my privacy! Hmmm, just a thought that crossed my mind. Texting alone to my understanding can't give certain information about a device unless manually typed and sent. How can a certain company be able to activate a device's applications and make it work if they don't even know any information about the device?

Did I get everyone thinking??? LMAO...
    02-16-10 09:01 AM
    Just a thought, I have tried it both with Globe / Smart and unfortunately it did not work on both networks. I have tried using my BBM, even tried some applications such as Facebook but it still did not work. It did not work cause I was not able to register it through the Globe/Smart BIS website, cause it was still technically registered to a BIS overseas. BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service and the registration is to register it with the network of choice for the Internet Service. To my understanding without having to do this registration, it won't be connected to the internet at all. It's just not for the PUSH email and the such. How can a network get the information such as PIN or IMEI without having to register it? Does it mean that they have some special softwares or spying device to get it? If the networks did have a spying device or the such, then I want my privacy! Hmmm, just a thought that crossed my mind. Texting alone to my understanding can't give certain information about a device unless manually typed and sent. How can a certain company be able to activate a device's applications and make it work if they don't even know any information about the device?

Did I get everyone thinking??? LMAO...
    u hav a point there... mayb Globe/Smart aren't that sophisticated yet in terms of there BIS technology.. i think there are a lot of grey areas since this is just new in the Philippines..
    02-16-10 11:11 AM
    how to make GPS working? or is it not available here in philippines?
    02-18-10 02:27 AM
    To the lady in pink, you're partially right. Prepaid blackberry plans aren't the norm in North America thanks to unlimited "internet" plans. And when you register for these unlimited internet plans in NA, you register your device using the IMEI/PIN upon purchase/upgrade.

Here, however, experimenting with prepaid BIS is something new. There is no imaginable way for the providers to find out what model your phone is unless you let them know, etc. Same goes for the Blackberries. Which is why doing BB ON simply grants you the regular features like browsing, etc. It is apparent that we'll need to register on BIS to make use of the Blackberry specific services such as email, BBM, apps-using-bis, etc.
    02-18-10 12:01 PM
    how to make GPS working? or is it not available here in philippines?

Download Google Maps.
    02-18-10 12:02 PM
    hey bb 9700 user here and got the unli data plan from globe...so far so good.

just needs to widen my bbm circle...add my pin 216b9266
    02-18-10 11:47 PM
    Hi! New bb user here as well. Abt bis for units bought overseas.. Yes they work here. My frnd bought his curve in the states and his bis is workng well. Only prob is that when u alrdy registered ur unit to other carriers.. U won't be able to use it here. That's what the globe rep told me

02-19-10 06:29 AM
    Btw, where can I download free themes

02-19-10 06:30 AM
9,279 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD