I'm on supersurf for BB and enjoying every minute of it.
    12-31-09 08:20 AM
    wokey, thanks, so it means, if BIS is not activated, the Storm2 is just another phone for SMS and calls?
    Yes, I am afraid that this is the case. I also got a BBerry 8320 and my friend even told me that I have an expensive ordinary phone because I did not activate my BIS service.

By the way, which of the 2 telco has the most "Sulit" plan for blackberry?
    01-06-10 04:41 AM
    Yes you can use a smart prepaid BIS. They now offer it for 50 php a day. You will need an open line blackberry and have the pin released from you network. Your device has a wipe option in the settings. You can wipe it from there.
    Hello Blacklighter,
    Does all BBerry device has this "wipe" option? I am planning to sell my 8320 and upgrade to 8530. Of course I have sensitive data on my old phone and I want it all gone when I sell it. Of course I will be transferring all my data to the new phone via BBerry desktop software.

Thanks for your help!
    -CIX-
    01-06-10 04:47 AM
    Hi everyone! Globe already has Globe Unli Super Surf for Prepaid. Rates are: 50/day, 220/5days, and 1,200/month. Text BB ON 50 and text to 8888, or Text BB 220 to 8888 or Text BB 1200 to 8888. This is only for Globe Prepaid. For Globe postpaid, you can add 1,200/mo on top of your monthly service fee to avail of the unlimited Globe Super Surf for Blackberry.
    Wow! this is good! Sa wakas magagamit ko na rin ang BIS ng BBErry ko! Ayus!
    01-06-10 05:00 AM
    Smart BlackBerry Unlimited for postpaid users coming this January 2010.
    Magkano kaya ito? Smart subscriber kasi ako eh...right now just for the sake of using my BIS, im loading up GT prepaid BB ON 50 to 8888 Galing!
    01-06-10 05:04 AM
    After two months of contemplating, I finally gave in to Globe's BB plan. The drawback is, I can't make use of my BBM. My friends haven't joined the BB bandwagon yet.

Tulungan nyo naman ako mamaximize ang BB ko, my pin is 213C939E )
    01-13-10 09:56 AM
    Finally...I'm in�o prepaid na..I'm add in 700 before but I'm not happy with it..kasi 3hrs na bbm lang bubble up na bill ko... So I decided to back in prepaid para what I consume tlaga ang binabayran ko.. And I'm happy with it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 12:42 PM
    Hi guys, noob question. I've enrolled for the supersurf for the BlackBerry a month back. Am I made to understand that I can have UNLIMITED browsing ANYTHING on the internet? Or is it just with a few, select sites?

I'm currently having billing issues with Globe and I want to be prepared for my concern letter to them, if ever.

Thanks,
    Paul
    01-16-10 10:53 PM
    Hi guys, noob question. I've enrolled for the supersurf for the BlackBerry a month back. Am I made to understand that I can have UNLIMITED browsing ANYTHING on the internet? Or is it just with a few, select sites?

I'm currently having billing issues with Globe and I want to be prepared for my concern letter to them, if ever.

Thanks,
    Paul
    I would go ahead and say yes to unlimited everything, but I'm an expat and I'm on a plan (and a foreigner), but recently put a friend on a prepaid unlimited and that is exactly the case.
    01-17-10 09:47 PM
    got this from Globe's site:

2. What is included in Unlimited BlackBerry Service?
    Unlimited BlackBerry service on Prepaid provides unlimited services for BlackBerry devices on the following applications only:

•Push Email – Only integrates with POP or IMAP enabled emails (up to 10). This includes Yahoo! Email and Google Mail.
    •Instant Messaging – via BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Chat, MSN, Windows Live
    •Social Networking – via Facebook, Multiply, Flickr, Twitter
    •BlackBerry Specific Applications – BlackBerry Maps
    Unlimited service only applies to GPRS traffic on the BlackBerry APN (blackberry.net), which is hard-coded on BlackBerry devices. The above mention applications only make use of the BlackBerry APN and cannot be modified.

Internet Browsing using the Internet APN on the BlackBerry device is not included in unlimited service. Internet Browser will be charged like any GPRS Service on prepaid - Time (PhP 5 for 15) or Volume (PhP0.15/Kb). The same applies to WAP Browsing.
    01-17-10 10:30 PM
    If subscribed to Globe Super Surf will 'unlimited' also apply when in roaming mode in other countries?
    01-17-10 10:36 PM
    8520 Owners: Can you install Blackberry App World? Mine says the device is not supported
    There is a work around for that.
    01-19-10 09:15 PM
    You cant since the Philippines is not on the list of countries that support Black berry Apps world.

Due to payment restriction.
    Bull****

Here is the workaround:

@ALL:

How to get BB AppWorld installed on your device (since The Philippines is not included yet on the list of countries that support BB AppWorld)

Here is the step by step process for the BB Curve and Bold:

1. Download the App World .ZIP file Download appworld 1.1.zip from 4shared.com - Filestube.com - download everything
    2. Unzip it to your desktop
    3. Copy the files net_rim_bb_appworld.cod, net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod and JavaLoader.exe to the following folder depending on your Windows OS:

3.1 In Windows Vista �C:\Users\(Your User)"
    3.2 In Windows XP �C:\DocumentsandSettings\(Your User)"
    3.3 In Windows 7 �C:\Users\(Your User)"

4. Start CMD (Windows Key + R and then type CMD)
    5. Plug-in your BlackBerry
    6. Type: javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod
    once done type next one:
    7- Type: javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_appworld.cod

After typing those; you should see this:

Your device will now reboot and you will have App World on your device. This has been tested on my BB Curve 8520 and 9700 so make sure to comment whether it works for you. (you do so at your own risk)

BlackBerry Storm users:

1. Download the App World .Zip file http://www.blackberryfreaks.com/down...der%20v1.9.zip
    2. Unzip it to your desktop
    3. Run the Blackberry Desktop Manager
    4. Select Application Loader
    5. Select Add / Remove Applications
    6. Select Browse and look at your desktop for the file �appworld.alx� and select it.
    7. Click Next and then Finish.

By installing BB AppWorld; you get to download the most up-to-date and recent BB Free and Paid Apps that RIM has to offer.

Ciao! - Gus2003
    01-19-10 10:08 PM
    Personally, I think App World sucks.
    1) It takes too long for App World to approve an update to an app. Sometimes up to 2 weeks. You might as well download it directly OTA, but that creates conflicts in the system.
    2) Extra mem for really, nothing.
    01-23-10 01:53 AM
    Im going to try this work around given by Gus...lets see if it will work with my 8900 V 5.0.0.411
    Last edited by cixmachine; 02-04-10 at 09:23 PM.
    02-04-10 07:48 PM
    I have a problem and I need help!

I have recently unlocked my BB Storm (was locked to Verizon) so that I can make a use of it here in the Philippines. I had BB Data Service on it while I was still in the US with Verizon, but since I decided to stay back in the Philippines for a while I have decided to unlock it and use it here with a different carrier. The bill that I was getting from Verizon for my International BB Data Plan was so much for my tight budget so I had no choice but to give it up. These past couple of days I have tried registering my BB device to Globe and Smart but it would not work out. Apparently, even if my BB device was unlocked, it was still registered with RIM (makers of BB) through my previous carrier (Verizon).

Now, my question is this. Is there anyway I can un-register (if there's even such word) my BB device? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    02-05-10 11:56 PM
    I have a problem and I need help!

I have recently unlocked my BB Storm (was locked to Verizon) so that I can make a use of it here in the Philippines. I had BB Data Service on it while I was still in the US with Verizon, but since I decided to stay back in the Philippines for a while I have decided to unlock it and use it here with a different carrier. The bill that I was getting from Verizon for my International BB Data Plan was so much for my tight budget so I had no choice but to give it up. These past couple of days I have tried registering my BB device to Globe and Smart but it would not work out. Apparently, even if my BB device was unlocked, it was still registered with RIM (makers of BB) through my previous carrier (Verizon).

Now, my question is this. Is there anyway I can un-register (if there's even such word) my BB device? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    Call Verizon Blackberry support and have your PIN released
    02-06-10 05:13 PM
    Hey guys, I have a question about short-terms plans...

I am planning on taking a 3 week vacation in manila in may and will be bringing an unlocked bold 9000.

my question is can i buy just a one month plan for my BB with data, text, phone included?

i am not looking for a particular carrier, all (globe, smart, etc.) are ok with me as long as i can just buy one month's worht of service for my BB...is this possible?

thanks in advanced!
    02-08-10 12:35 AM

I am planning on taking a 3 week vacation in manila in may and will be bringing an unlocked bold 9000.

my question is can i buy just a one month plan for my BB with data, text, phone included?

i am not looking for a particular carrier, all (globe, smart, etc.) are ok with me as long as i can just buy one month's worht of service for my BB...is this possible?

thanks in advanced!
    Yes you can. However, for one month you wouldn't get a 'plan' per se. The prepaid market here is huge. The only drawback of prepaid uptil recently was that they wasn't any prepaid data services.

Just recently, Smart and Globe both started offering prepaid data credits which can go towards your BlackBerry. So, you would buy a prepaid card of say 500PHP, and load your card. Then, you'd have the option of texting a particular code to a particular number to give you a day's worth of service like browsing, BIS, etc. (They have daily, weekly and monthly data loads). If you have enough load, say, 3000PHP.. I think either providers charge upto 1500PHP for a month of data service.

Hope that's helpful.
    02-08-10 12:56 AM
    Yes you can. However, for one month you wouldn't get a 'plan' per se. The prepaid market here is huge. The only drawback of prepaid uptil recently was that they wasn't any prepaid data services.

Just recently, Smart and Globe both started offering prepaid data credits which can go towards your BlackBerry. So, you would buy a prepaid card of say 500PHP, and load your card. Then, you'd have the option of texting a particular code to a particular number to give you a day's worth of service like browsing, BIS, etc. (They have daily, weekly and monthly data loads). If you have enough load, say, 3000PHP.. I think either providers charge upto 1500PHP for a month of data service.

Hope that's helpful.
    Very Helpful! Thank you!
    02-08-10 01:10 AM
    manila_thrilla, you might have to release your PIN (contact your provider) before coming to the Philippines, otherwise you won't be able to register your PIN when using Blackberry prepaid from Globe or Smart. Before you leave you will also have to release your PIN from Globe or Smart.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, just wanted to make sure that you took this into consideration.
    02-09-10 02:53 AM
    You can get a prepaid sim from either Globe or Smart since they are the only carriers that has BlackBerry service. If you plan on getting Globe (sorry I am a Globe lover, even though I use all the 3 major networks Globe, Smart and Sun), well here's how it works. There is no such thing as a one month all in one plan (data, voice, sms, mms) but you can do it ala carte. Here's the breakdown:

1) New Prepaid Sim = PhP 50.00
    2) 30 Days BB Data = PhP 1200.00 (text BB ON 1200 send to 8888 then wait for further instructions.)
    3) Unlimited Globe to Globe sms for 30 days = PhP 480.00 (text UNLITXT80 send to 8888 then wait for further instructions. *each registration is valid for 5 days*)
    4) Calls will be deducted from your load/remaining peso balance on the account. (unfortunately the promotion for unlimited Globe to Globe calling for 5 days expires today Feb. 8, 2010.)

I am fond of the promos of Globe like the 232, 235 and 236. Dialing a globe number prefixed with 232, like 232-906-221-3432, will cost you 0.10 peso per second or 6.00 per minute. Dialing a globe number prefixed with 235, like 235-906-221-3432, will cost you 10.00 pesos for a 3-minute call. The call lasts for only 3 minutes; unfortunately, you have to dial again, unlike the 232, which is a continuous call. Using 232 is cheaper on Sundays; it only costs 0.05 peso per second or 3.00 per minute. Dialing 236-906-221-3432 will last for 20 minutes and costs 20.00. Just be sure that the one you're calling will not answer and drop the call immediately or fails to secure a good connection in the middle of the call. So what I usually do is, I use 232 first then ask if he/she can chat for 20 minutes, then I can use 236.

** Even if your BB device is unlocked, the PIN and IMEI may still be registered to your current local carrier for BIS, if this is the case you have to call them to release it so that the carrier you decide on getting here in the Philippines will be able to register them via their network on BIS. (I have this problem now so I kinda know what you will go through.) **

Anyway, hope that this helps you with you travel plans. Have a great vacation and enjoy the Philippines.

thanks in advanced!
    02-09-10 03:03 AM
    manila_thrilla, you might have to release your PIN (contact your provider) before coming to the Philippines, otherwise you won't be able to register your PIN when using Blackberry prepaid from Globe or Smart. Before you leave you will also have to release your PIN from Globe or Smart.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, just wanted to make sure that you took this into consideration.
    thanks, NCanio! I will look into this!
    02-09-10 12:15 PM
    @athanasia - Thanks for the reply!
    02-09-10 12:17 PM
    Hi guys! Newbie here but not yet a BB owner.. well that's because Globe ran out of stock! Anyone knows which branch I can get one? I've been waiting 2 weeks already for their call.. I can't wait for my bb!!
    02-10-10 08:09 PM
9,279 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD