aaaaand yes I caved too lolz. got myself the Priv earlier this afternoon. I think this is the one without wireless charging. its working well so far, although I keep hitting buttons and icons I dont want launching (basically that damn ubiquitous google stuffs).

the lady at the shop told me though not to do updates, said something about the latest update causing battery issues for Android phones? given this is a hybrid I cant tell if its applicable for me or not. have you guys heard anything about that?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-18-15 07:30 AM
    Just pay attention to a lot of the posts in the priv thread on here and you will find (with some digging through the whiners and whatever) some good information.

I would recommend updating as it apparently helps a lot of the issues with the hub and overall concerns

BTW where did you buy it ?
    12-18-15 07:43 AM
    aaaaand yes I caved too lolz. got myself the Priv earlier this afternoon. I think this is the one without wireless charging. its working well so far, although I keep hitting buttons and icons I dont want launching (basically that damn ubiquitous google stuffs).

the lady at the shop told me though not to do updates, said something about the latest update causing battery issues for Android phones? given this is a hybrid I cant tell if its applicable for me or not. have you guys heard anything about that?

If you don't mind, how much did it set you back, where and how long is the warranty?

Posted via CB w/ my Zed30
    12-18-15 01:20 PM
    Guys, have you saved the COC account in your BlackBerry device in Google play already?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 09:41 PM
    Sa wakas! I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639! Ito ba latest official? Medyo guilty lang kasi I bought this out of fanboyism/need/want with the need being the least of them all. Haha

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    12-19-15 04:32 AM
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20151219_183914.png

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    12-19-15 04:39 AM
    Sa wakas! I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639! Ito ba latest official? Medyo guilty lang kasi I bought this out of fanboyism/need/want with the need being the least of them all. Haha

Posted via CB10
    That's the last official update ng BB10 dito sa Pinas. Congrats Kent. Kaya pala madalas ka dumaan sa The Hive. Enjoy your new PP.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 06:07 AM
    That's the last official update ng BB10 dito sa Pinas. Congrats Kent. Kaya pala madalas ka dumaan sa The Hive. Enjoy your new PP.
    Ganyan talaga yung mga malapit ng bumili, boss Anton. Nag umpisa sa padaan-daan, then na-tempt. Until you cannot contain it any longer! Haha!

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-19-15 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, kuya anton. tama naman si Ron. ganun talaga.

Ganyan talaga yung mga malapit ng bumili, boss Anton. Nag umpisa sa padaan-daan, then na-tempt. Until you cannot contain it any longer! Haha!

Ikaw din, Ron. konting dalaw pa sa Hive. Ewan ko nalang kung di ka rin namin batiin sa new Passport mo. haha.
    12-19-15 06:41 PM
    Ikaw din, Ron. konting dalaw pa sa Hive. Ewan ko nalang kung di ka rin namin batiin sa new Passport mo. haha.
    May 1 year warranty pa Z30 ko. I'm still good

12-19-15 07:46 PM
    May 1 year warranty pa Z30 ko. I'm still good

Iba naman yata ang dinadalaw mo sa The Hive, Ron. Haha

12-19-15 09:27 PM
    Iba naman yata ang dinadalaw mo sa The Hive, Ron. Haha
    Lol

12-19-15 10:41 PM
    Guys,

Ano network ninyo? Sa akin, di pa yan yung version(see attached pic). Yan na daw latest update.

Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20151221_204527.png

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:47 AM
    Link and in os update pareho.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:48 AM
    Here's mine:
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20151221_211919.png

Although, I don't know if this is official since I updated using Sachesi (manual .bar installation).

12-21-15 07:20 AM
    Attachment 384633

Had the chance to drop by SM Annex today and, of course, the BlackBerry stall. Was able to hold and play with the demo Priv unit there.

I always thought it would dwarf my z30 in size but I was wrong. Dimension wise, there was just a little bit difference, the Priv being a tad bit bigger but it was thinner and sleeker than the z30.

I prefer the back/rear finish of the z30 over the Priv which looked and felt like the Leap. The screen was fantastic though and it took good shots. Definitely better than the z30.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, it felt a bit sluggish, comparing it with BlackBerry 10 OS. Perhaps, not just a bit, but noticeable, specially when compared to the both my z30 or even my z10.

I dunno if I'm ready to take the plunge, perhaps, would have to wait a while.

At the stall, I think they were selling it at 45 or 46k with 1 year warranty from BlackBerry. Add a thousand or more then you add another year of warranty plus insurance from own damage.

Hmm....

Passed by MX yesterday... Priv is now down from P45k to P39k.
    12-21-15 08:30 AM
    Guys,
    Being the first person who bought the official BlackBerry Passport here, take my word. DO NOT BUY YET!!!! I felt so cheated when I saw the passport being sold for half of what I paid for in less than 3 months. They never even bothered to make any compensation however small it can be. Another year additional warranty would be fine. Anyway, be wise, we do not need the security features of the priv. If we buy the priv it would just be because we love BlackBerry enough to support them(memoexpress). Don't let the hype get the best of you like I did.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 09:08 AM
    Latest OS is 10.3.2.2876. But only unlocked devices gets it. Otherwise, you have to do it manually (Darcy/Sachesi/autoloader) if you really want it.

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-21-15 01:55 PM
    Latest OS is 10.3.2.2876. But only unlocked devices gets it. Otherwise, you have to do it manually (Darcy/Sachesi/autoloader) if you really want it.

I'll be waiting for this. Unlocked ang unit ko pero as of now hindi ko pa natatanggap ung update.

Regarding the Priv price drop from 45 to 39? Naka promo? Minsan kasi maraming payment terms ang MX kaya parang nakakaloko and hindi mo rin malaman kung ano ang SRP. Haha

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    12-21-15 07:20 PM
    Regarding the Priv price drop from 45 to 39? Naka promo? Minsan kasi maraming payment terms ang MX kaya parang nakakaloko and hindi mo rin malaman kung ano ang SRP. Haha
    If you're going to compare it against ShopBlackBerry's pricing, it should only be about PHP 33,000.

12-21-15 07:37 PM
    If you're going to compare it against ShopBlackBerry's pricing, it should only be about PHP 33,000.

I see. Tubo pa rin. Parang dapat hindi naman magkakalayo un diba? Kasi iisa lang naman ang SRP. I think iba talaga ang nagagawa ng tax. Haha

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    12-22-15 03:24 AM
    If you don't mind, how much did it set you back, where and how long is the warranty?

37k. its at a place called Hotgadgets. i got my Q10 from them way back when and buhay pa yun until now. also ok sila ka deal.

its the usual one year shop warranty, but experience says most issues come around after the typical one year warranty is up. from all the places i've looked at here in the Philippines, no one gives more than one year warranty unless you're prepared to pay extra.
    12-22-15 04:00 AM
    I'd rather get Nexus 6p for ₱30000. It's not BlackBerry but it's pure Android with latest software update (Marshmallow). For the rest of the moolah I can get a good case, accessories, and other stuff for my device.

2Peks1Bird likes this.
    12-22-15 04:41 AM
    Merry Christmas BlackBerry fanatics... May this season bring forth peace,joy,hope and love to you and to your family. Enjoy!

BlackBerry Q10
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    12-23-15 08:11 PM
    Merry Christmas kababayans!

KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    12-23-15 08:38 PM
9,279 ... 353354355356357 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD