(Definition by Encyclopedia Britannica): smuggling - conveyance of things by stealth, particularly the clandestine movement of goods to evade customs duties or import or export restrictions.

Whether in small or large quantities it does not matter. The act itself defines it. But, then again, I am not educated on customs policies so I claim that this is my opinion only.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying that if I purchase an item in the US and brought it in the Philippines inside a hand-carry bag, I am smuggling? If it is, then a lot of people would be in jail now, and the word "pasalubong" would not be advisable. Surely there is a certain quantity (either physical quantity or cost) to call it smuggling and be jailed. Or there is some kind of declaration. After all, everything passes through x-ray machines.

By the way, some sources say that you can even buy a 40" TV abroad and bring it here without being questioned. As long as it is only a single item, custom officers wouldn't think you're going to sell it. And a friend even bought a digital audio player that costs almost Php 40,000 and wasn't questioned either.
    Last edited by Ron In Motion; 06-06-14 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Proofreading
    Rowan M likes this.
    06-06-14 12:55 PM
    Do kimstore and other online stores who sell phones sourced abroad pay taxes? Do their sources know that they will be selling these items in the Philippines? Pasalubong is one thing. But if you bought it with the sole intention of selling it, there is a difference. There is a difference in an individual selling a second hand unit to someone else or even a new phone that he isn't using or changed his mind about. It is entirely different to put up an online store and display these items for sale, replenish stock and offer "store warranty." All I can say is, there is a reason why there are authorized and legal distributors of BlackBerry in the Philippines, and a reason why the Philippine BlackBerry service center will not touch these "gray market" phones.
    06-06-14 10:20 PM
    I think it's because online stores have lower overhead when running their business. They're not paying rent and they don't need many employees.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    06-06-14 11:07 PM
    Do kimstore and other online stores who sell phones sourced abroad pay taxes? Do their sources know that they will be selling these items in the Philippines? Pasalubong is one thing. But if you bought it with the sole intention of selling it, there is a difference. There is a difference in an individual selling a second hand unit to someone else or even a new phone that he isn't using or changed his mind about. It is entirely different to put up an online store and display these items for sale, replenish stock and offer "store warranty." All I can say is, there is a reason why there are authorized and legal distributors of BlackBerry in the Philippines, and a reason why the Philippine BlackBerry service center will not touch these "gray market" phones.
    I doubt online stores buy items abroad and bring them here one by one. They must be buying in bulk, and if that is true, then there is a problem in the government's system.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-06-14 11:08 PM
    I think it's because online stores have lower overhead when running their business. They're not paying rent and they don't need many employees.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. This affects the item's price.

06-06-14 11:10 PM
    Yes merun pa.. and yup unli email sya

Z10 STL100-2 | Official OS ver. 10.2.1.3175
    Any one try hotspot gamit ang unli 500 ng globe?

"Keep Moving" Z10
    06-06-14 11:11 PM
    Binabasa ko yung discussions about the Classic and Windermere, tapos yung Z3 and Z30 hindi pa man lang officially launched dito. Ano ba yan. Come on Globe and Smart! Sana gawan ng paraan ng BlackBerry Philippines.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 11:27 PM
    Any one try hotspot gamit ang unli 500 ng globe?

"Keep Moving" Z10
    I just tried it.. and it works also.. you can also play some online games like "clash of clans" sulit talaga..

06-07-14 12:17 AM
    Are you using an unlocked BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Unlocked Z30, postpaid Globe sim.

Posted via CB for Z30
    06-07-14 12:52 AM
    Binabasa ko yung discussions about the Classic and Windermere, tapos yung Z3 and Z30 hindi pa man lang officially launched dito. Ano ba yan. Come on Globe and Smart! Sana gawan ng paraan ng BlackBerry Philippines.

Posted via CB10
    Wala tayong maasahan sa Globe. When you talk to their reps, you'll almost always end up irritated/annoyed/with a headache or high blood. Sa Sun ba, do they sell prepaid kits?
    06-07-14 12:56 AM
    I doubt online stores buy items abroad and bring them here one by one. They must be buying in bulk, and if that is true, then there is a problem in the government's system.

I agree.
    06-07-14 12:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    One would also think it's because these are gray market units. And there's a reason why they are called that.
    06-07-14 12:59 AM
    I just tried it.. and it works also.. you can also play some online games like "clash of clans" sulit talaga..

Ayos. Battery pack lang need para mag survive ang Z10.

"Keep Moving" Z10
    06-07-14 03:32 AM
    How do they order in bulk without paying tax? Just curious

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    06-07-14 05:22 AM
    How do they order in bulk without paying tax? Just curious

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    Perhaps some clandestine transaction? We don't really know.

06-07-14 07:19 AM
    Ganto na lang. Ang mga messenger ng BIR may mga magarang kotse at bahay.

BBQ10
    06-07-14 08:18 AM
    Why you people complain about sellers that give you latest and for a lower price =))

Z10 | Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 | Globe PH
    06-07-14 10:18 AM
    Why you people complain about sellers that give you latest and for a lower price =))

Because of the simple fact that the local BlackBerry Expert Center wouldn't touch it if it came from unofficial sources.

06-07-14 03:12 PM
    Globe and Smart users from the Philippines-img_20140517.jpg Sorry, to pass thru,just posting this, and this, sorry for all the delay and miscommunications pero this time, we are all set for this, http://blackberry2014.eventbrite.com I don't know if there are still slots, because we have a limited venue. Get a sneak peek of the Z30 and Z3 and the P'9982. Thanks!

Posted using P'9982
    06-07-14 05:14 PM
    @Ron

Technically that's smuggling according to Britannica's definition. But local customs laws may or may not adhere to this "definition" since they are lax to levy taxes and duties to "pasalubong" items, electronics included. Then again, that's my OPINION. Take it seriously or not, is beyond my control.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:41 AM
    @mathony

But the P'9882 is already available at Porsche Design shops at Resorts World and Shangrila East Wing.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:43 AM
    The P'9982 has been released by Porsche Design itself and not by BlackBerry., We want everyone on the conference to get a hands-on feel with it and also experience it.

Posted using P'9982
    06-08-14 05:22 AM
    @Mathony

Where will P'8992 units be sold? Only at PD stores?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 07:06 AM
    Yes. Which is in New Port Mall and Shangrila Mall.

Posted using P'9982
    06-08-14 07:13 AM

For some reason this makes me feel like there's no more hope for Philippines to grow. This country's hopeless. It's own people kills itself.

06-08-14 11:23 AM
9,279 ... 254255256257258 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD