I am for sure 100% positive I am getting a Z10 next week on T-Mobile. (For $88 month for unlmtd everything and $110 down, why not?)I do have a couple questions before I go further.

How is battery life with T-Mobile?

How is the 4G?

How is OS10.1?

Any extended battery suggestions?

How is Blackberry Maps compared to Google Maps? I use navigation a lot here in Atlanta.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-22-13 05:53 AM
    My battery seems to last all day. I smoke 6-7 times through out the day, and I usually check fb, cb, and play basketball shots everytime. Off the charger 6 am. Wifi always on, although wifi calling has been pissing me off!!! I don't get lte here yet, although in has come up occasionally. It's no Verizon lte. When I had 1 bar lte, Speedtest tested at 14 down 3-4 up. 4g was 11 down 1.5 up. 4 g had full bars.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:20 AM
    The battery life, and OS experience will be comparable to the other Z10's out there on the different carriers. The 4g speeds are fast, and if you have LTE like I do here in New Orleans this thing just flies!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:23 AM
    i would search a little harder since the price has come down on it...(best buy is offering it free with a 2 yr contract.).... I am also on tmobile and the battery is recommended to be conditioned when you 1st get it so you would need to let it drain, charge it, drain again and charge once more...I just charged it, when i got it and used it normally it will condition itself after a few days...also the latest update (if yours doesn't come with it) is 10.1 which helped the battery life on it...their are several threads on battery saving tips if you do a search in the forums...4g will depend on your area but mine is pretty good. maps i don't really use much but it serves my purpose quite well when i do need it...never used google maps other than on a pc.
    anischab likes this.
    07-22-13 06:25 AM
    i would search a little harder since the price has come down on it...(best buy is offering it free with a 2 yr contract.).... I am also on tmobile and the battery is recommended to be conditioned when you 1st get it so you would need to let it drain, charge it, drain again and charge once more...I just charged it, when i got it and used it normally it will condition itself after a few days...also the latest update (if yours doesn't come with it) is 10.1 which helped the battery life on it...their are several threads on battery saving tips if you do a search in the forums...4g will depend on your area but mine is pretty good. maps i don't really use much but it serves my purpose quite well when i do need it...never used google maps other than on a pc.
    Went to bestbuy.com and they have it for $199.99, which is $100 more than what you get from T-Mobile directly.

imcurved likes this.
    07-22-13 06:45 AM
    I've had the Z10 from T Mobile since launch. It's hell if a lot better now, no more random reboots with the latest 10.1. I also installed the latest leak and it has wifi calling and text. For me the battery life is horrible. It won't last half the day and I've done all the battery saving techniques, but I'm able ti charge at work so it doesn't matter to me. LTE speeds are great, uve gotten 22 down before. Faster than some wifi! Haha.

Some tips ti help battery:
    Reduce screen brightness to 1/3
    Remove the ability to allow gestures to turn on the device
    Turn off LTE
    With email accounts that have sync intervals, lengthen the time between syncs
    Use wifi whenever it's available
    Turn off Bluetooth and nfc when not using
    If you're going underground with no signal for a while, put it in airplane mode.
    Android apps are known to drain the battery faster when open, so limit your active frames that are open.

Hope this helps!
    07-22-13 06:59 AM
    I think the answer really depends on your use. I make it through the day just fine on 4G.

How is the 4G?
    Great! We have some LTE in Greenville so you should have it in Atlanta.

How is OS10.1?
    Waiting patiently for the Android runtime update...

Good ones above.

How is Blackberry Maps compared to Google Maps? I use navigation a lot here in Atlanta.
    I'm not a huge fan of either. I prefer the old BlackBerry Traffic. I like Mireo though. Worth the price for offline maps.

Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:13 AM
    I think the answer really depends on your use. I make it through the day just fine on 4G.

How is the 4G?
    Great! We have some LTE in Greenville so you should have it in Atlanta.

How is OS10.1?
    Waiting patiently for the Android runtime update...

Good ones above.

I'm not a huge fan of either. I prefer the old BlackBerry Traffic. I like Mireo though. Worth the price for offline maps.

Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    I was talking physical extended batteries you can buy. I know all about the battery tips. I'm wondering do anyone's know where I can get an extended battery.

07-22-13 12:23 PM
    I'm using BlackBerry Maps a couple times a week in southern California. I also used it everyday for one week when I was driving around Boston. It worked very well.
    I also used Google Maps via BlackBerry browser to find bus and subway routes. For this purpose, Google Maps works beautifully on BlackBerry browser.
    BlackBerry Travel was very informative and kept me updated.
    I also visited a Tmobile store in Saugus MA to buy another Z10 and was surprised how knowledgeable the staff there about BlackBerry. They were courteous, friendly, and respectful.
    I had to say it was a pleasant travel experience with my Z10.

Post via CB Z10
    07-22-13 12:54 PM
    The battery life is good. I get at least 16 to 20 hours of use out of the battery on moderate use. Im usually connected to wifi so that helps too. Lte is fast when I connect to it. 10.1 really helped make the device more stable, and I am looking forward to the 10.1 mr as well as 10.2 when it is released. As far as navigation, I like google maps, so I just sideloaded that and use it.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:02 PM
    Bs06TL has answered your questions and I will answer the blackberry maps question. I used the blackberry map while in Tucson and it works great! The app was accurate and finding POI was a breeze! I just don't understand why people were complaining about BB maps?
    07-22-13 11:36 PM
    BB maps is pitiful. I am a courier and I use gps up to 12 hours a day. If you use gps often than sideloading Google maps is your best option at the moment.

Otherwise it's a great phone!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:57 PM
    Can you get Transit Directions on BlackBerry 10? On my RAZR M I have used Google maps to find out when buses are coming and going and planned out my routes. Is there an app you can use for public transit? Train or Bus?

07-23-13 09:31 AM
    Bump

08-07-13 07:42 AM
    I thinks be maps pro has transit directions.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:54 AM
    I thinks be maps pro has transit directions.

Posted via CB10
    Correct. And for driving navigation it invokes BlackBerry Maps, which often has better routing than Google Maps, in my opinion. The two together are a strong combination.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:00 AM
    Then it looks like I'm getting the Z10. BeMaps pretty Mich sealed it for me. Have a windows phone user (HTC 8X), iPhone users (4/4S), and a Android user (GS4) as friends on our group, now I will be the BlackBerry (Z10) guy. Google maps was one of the main reasons why I pausing in getting the Z10. I use Google Maps a lot for transit directions.

08-07-13 09:23 PM
    I loved my Z10 on TMO. The only reason I gave it up was to get the Q10. You won't regret getting it. It's a great phone!

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    08-07-13 11:29 PM