I had a buddy who recently got out of his sprint contract by simply tell the cs rep that he was moving to an area with no service. He gave them a valid address that is out of their coverage area.

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 04:44 AM
    Most carriers will let you out of the contract if you can provide them with valid proof that you are no longer in their coverage area. Doing this without meeting the criteria would be cheating and would be wrong.
    11-23-09 04:51 AM
    He was an add- on to a premier account and I guess they didn't need proof bc he threatened to cxl all the accounts if this wasn't done. Guess they gave in

11-23-09 04:58 AM
    That info tends to change the story now doesn't it...lol. The odds are he could have gotten out of the ETF without saying he was moving because they wanted to maintain his account and figured 1 ETF isn't worth the loss of the whole account. I'm sure if I wanted my wifes line dropped AT&T would do it without an ETF if I threatened to take both lines to TMo...lol
    11-23-09 05:09 AM
    I had a buddy who recently got out of his sprint contract by simply tell the cs rep that he was moving to an area with no service. He gave them a valid address that is out of their coverage area.

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

I have to admit i'm guilty of this

They will ask for proof, so I have gotten my wife who works for an attorney to draft a lease to the address that has no coverage.

Does this make me a bad person LOL.
    11-23-09 12:00 PM
    I have to admit i'm guilty of this

They will ask for proof, so I have gotten my wife who works for an attorney to draft a lease to the address that has no coverage.

Does this make me a bad person LOL.
    It doesn't make you a bad person but does make the attorney one.
    11-23-09 12:10 PM
    It doesn't make you a bad person but does make the attorney one.
    Agreed that the attorney is a bad person.
    11-23-09 12:16 PM
    The attorney just drafted the lease. It's the person who turned it that scammed the system

This is what's wrong with our society today that we don't honor our obligations and doing the right thing.

If you have kids, don't blame them for cheating at school because you do.
    11-23-09 12:20 PM
    The more I think about it, I think they're both at fault.

1. The attorney that made up the fake doc is at fault for doing that.
    2. The person submitting a fake doc is at fault cause they knew it was fake.
    11-23-09 01:19 PM
    The more I think about it, I think they're both at fault.

1. The attorney that made up the fake doc is at fault for doing that.
    2. The person submitting a fake doc is at fault cause they knew it was fake.
    I think we have to define legally and morally wrong. It's NOT a criminal act for being morally wrong.

I am sure the attorney didn't sign the lease as a witness or a fake interested party, he's smarter than that. Especially if the lease was mailed, then you are talking about mail fraud. Lying to Sprint is just a civil offense, but mail fraud is a criminal act.

We try tell to teenagers not to send nude photos of themselves via phone because you never know when/where the photos will end up during their lifetimes. And yet, we openly send fake documents to get out of our obligations. You never know how that fake lease will turn up in the future.

We are NOT sending the right message to our young kids.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-23-09 at 01:47 PM.
    11-23-09 01:33 PM
    I am bothered by the fact that someone could do this, but what bothers me more is the society we live in people are proud they lied and cheated. Does anyone have pride these days.

11-23-09 01:39 PM
    I am bothered by the fact that someone could do this, but what bothers me more is the society we live in people are proud they lied and cheated.

11-23-09 01:40 PM
    I think we have to define legally and morally wrong. It's NOT a criminal act for being morally wrong.

I am sure the attorney didn't sign the lease as a witness or a fake interested party, he's smarter than that. Especially if the lease was mailed, then you are talking about mail fraud. Lying to Sprint is just a civil offense, but mail fraud is a criminal act.

We try tell to teenagers not to send nude photos of themselves via phone because you never know when/where the photos will end up during their lifetimes. And yet, we openly send fake documents to get out of our obligations. You never know how that fake lease will turn up in the future.

We are NOT sending the right message to our young kids.
    I agree with you 100% on this!!

I've left a carrier early before and paid the ETF cause I know that's what had to be done. It's in the contract saying if you want to leave the contract before its up then you have to pay.
    11-23-09 01:49 PM
    He said his wife who works for an attorney drafted the lease. So, if she used the lawyers name in anyway, she's now guilty of a few crimes. Fraud, forgery, among a few others. He's guilty of fraud for turning it in and defrauding Sprint. This is why our society is going in the crapper. People are willing to do anything to get out of their obligations and our kids learn from this. So as was said earlier, you have no right punishing your child for lying or cheating if this is the the kind of model you are setting for them.
    11-23-09 05:18 PM
    Sad thing is the attorney probably doesn't know a thing about the fraudulent use of the lease. The lease was probably some boiler plate they use with fill in the blanks.

To think that these people are proud of what they do just boggles my mind. They're losers in every sense of the word, you know they all come from the shallow end of the gene pool too.

It'd be funny if Sprint monitored the forums, could figure out who they are and brought suit against them for fraud. Then again I bet they're used to wearing orange or striped jumpsuits, something tells me it wouldn't be their first time.
    11-23-09 05:38 PM
    It isn't so much Sprint tracking down the account holder. It's more of Sprint getting tired of getting burned by false claim and decide to shut down the "early way out exception" for real cases.

This is what happen when a few bad people try to game a system to their advantage and ended up destroying that system for everyone.
    11-23-09 05:43 PM
    Sad thing is the attorney probably doesn't know a thing about the fraudulent use of the lease. The lease was probably some boiler plate they use with fill in the blanks.

To think that these people are proud of what they do just boggles my mind. They're losers in every sense of the word, you know they all come from the shallow end of the gene pool too.

It'd be funny if Sprint monitored the forums, could figure out who they are and brought suit against them for fraud. Then again I bet they're used to wearing orange or striped jumpsuits, something tells me it wouldn't be their first time.
    Wow... did your dog die today?
    11-23-09 07:11 PM
    Bad perso, yes. Criminal, yes. Be an adult and honor your contractual obligations without lieing or committing fraud.

11-24-09 03:32 AM
    Wow... did your dog die today?
    No, just don't like scammers. You don't contribute anything worthy to society, yet you're the first to scream when things don't go wrong in the country.
    11-24-09 09:53 AM
    It is legitimate to get out of the ETF if you move to a location with no service. The carrier you have a contract with, according to federal rules, must have service where you live. So if they do not, you can get out of the contract and avoid the ETF.

HOWEVER, if you lie to them to get out of the contract and they were ever to find out, it is considered fraud. Just remember that.
    11-24-09 11:23 AM
    I swithched from T-Mobile to Sprint at a Wireless Toyz and they were able to get me out of my previous contract on two phones for only $50 each. Don't know how they did it, but i'm sure it was legal and well worth to not have to lie to/deceive anyone.
    Last edited by durandetto; 11-24-09 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
    11-24-09 01:19 PM
    I think they are like the middleman and have better negiation power. They got you out of Tmobile to Sprint. I am sure they got another customer of out Sprint to Tmobile. In the end, it's win-win for the customers and carreirs. I like this idea and got to check this out.
    11-24-09 01:24 PM
    I don't disagree with anyone who thinks it a bit... unethical, but anyone can type up a lease.
    11-24-09 09:03 PM
    I don't disagree with anyone who thinks it a bit... unethical, but anyone can type up a lease.
    So why did you get your wife and her employer involved?
    Last edited by dchawk81; 11-24-09 at 09:49 PM.
    11-24-09 09:45 PM
    Her employer wasn't involved and ATT didn't give us any choice. We didn't have a land line and their service was deplorable so we took it into our own hands.

11-25-09 09:47 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD